Counter to Robuko's Guerilla against Everlast

Besieged, surrounded, and blockaded by Desert King forces, the people of Everlast have been offered supplies and protection to give up control to the Desert King.

However, on the town square, a group of strangers have drawn a crowd, handing out food and supplies to the people of Everlast...

16895970015_fca445b43a_c.jpgThe Saviour by Beorthan, on Flickr

On the podium, a noble-looking, charismatic gentleman is speaking in a booming, deep voice:

"The socalled Desert King holds your town in an iron grip, cutting your supplies and starving your families. He claims to mean you no harm, and offers to feed and protect you for your allegiance. But from whom do you need protection? And why are you in need of food? This town has ever been able to support itself, and where it not for the troops of the false god-king, you would be in no need for his socalled gifts!"

In the crowd, a low murmur of support is rising, people looking at each other, nodding in agreement, as the elderly gentleman proceeds, raising his voice:

"It is said that you should not bite the hand that is feeding you, but are you to rely on this very hand for food, when it is the same hand that holds you in a stranglehold? Who is to say what the price of the next meal will be, should you give up your freedom for this? Will he, who styles himself a god, allow you to live as equals in his realm?"

16870065756_b5ecf8ef56_z.jpgThe People by Beorthan, on Flickr

The orator looks around, meeting the gaze of many of the on-lookers, as his followers hand out large amounts of fish, meats, bread and other foods. A silence falls over the crowd under the man's serious gaze.

Loudly, he continues:

"The Desert King promises peace, security and an end to starvation, but at what cost? What sacrifice will this "God" require of you next? Will you give in to his demands for the scraps from his own table, or will you stand against him to preserve your freedom?

The Republic of Kaliphlin stands with you, and thus, the people of all of Historica!

We offer you supplies at no cost but our own peril. We require naught of you, but that you respect YOUR rights as FREE PEOPLE of these lands!"

The murmur in the crowds resumes, slowly rising to a cheer...

16709814099_a6278a7837_c.jpgThe Town by Beorthan, on Flickr

"We have made it our undertaking to supply you with all you need. We have established secret, hidden routes of supply through the lines of the Foul Besieger. We have done so, not to ask for your support, but to show you that you have ours. The High Council stands as protector of the Republic, and as protector of its people. It stands as YOUR protector!"

Silence falls over the plaza, as the orator pauses for a second.

"So what will it be? Surrender or Stand Fast? Submission or Freedom?!? I shall leave it up to you and yours, but know that we will do our part in allowing you a free choice in this matter!"

A loud cheer of support rises, and out of the noise a chanting emerges, increasing in volume, echoing throughout the valleys of Everlast:

"Stand fast.... Stand Fast.... STAND FAST, STAND FAST, STAND FAST!"

____________________________________________________________________________________

That's my counter to Robuko's attempt to take over Everlast. I hope you like it :)

I am quite happy with the idea, satisfied with the build and story, but somewhat dissapointed about the pics, though.

Great work with the various buildings! All the figs give it a nice crowded feel as well! :thumbup:

Nice counter!! I like the atmosphere with the many citizens!!!

:thumbup:

Excellent counter Bregir, I like how you made it look like it happened just behind robuko's guerrilla! :thumbup:

Excellent! Definitely a win! Love the buildings, and the oration!

For the Republic!

Nice counter Bregir. Lots of nice action going on and good architecture, although I'm afraid your secret supply lines will certainly be discovered. I'm not really picking up on Maxim's Everlast vibe of secret ninja assassin fortress though, maybe what we believed was the dauntless and formidable brethren IAMS are all really members of the YMCA? Or just simple-minded farmers pointlessly ploughing the desolate windswept scree slopes of the Nocturnus border? :wink:

Edited by robuko

Thanks all - Glad you like it! :classic:

I know I haven't written it, but any C&C will always be welcome!

Excellent counter Bregir, I like how you made it look like it happened just behind robuko's guerrilla! :thumbup:

Thanks, Garmadon! I am happy you noticed! :sweet: Didn't really feel like challenging Robuko directly on his home field, so this seemed like a better solution. :tongue:

Excellent! Definitely a win! Love the buildings, and the oration!

For the Republic!

Thanks, Adair - Glad you liked the speech. That Desert King is a false contender for power, about to lead Kaliphlin into a dark age! :wink:

For the People, for the Republic!

Nice counter Bregir. Lots of nice action going on and good architecture, although I'm afraid your secret supply lines will certainly be discovered. I'm not really picking up on Maxim's Everlast vibe of secret ninja assassin fortress though, maybe what we believed was the dauntless and formidable brethren IAMS are all really members of the YMCA? Or just simple-minded farmers pointlessly ploughing the desolate windswept scree slopes of the Nocturnus border? :wink:

You will never find us! :angry: (Plus, Adair is working on opening a shorter route of supply :tongue: )

Assassins => Hashassins => Weed smoking hippies => YMCA?

Actually, Disco just showed us that a lot of fugitives came to the territory, so I guess that are whom you are seeing in this build. :wink: (I am sure the IAMS are there, hidden in the crowd, but they would probably have enough suplies ready to withstand a siege on their own, if it wasn't for the fugitives. :grin: )

Another excellent build, Bregir. The layout is very effective, and I like the large crowd of people :thumbup:

The center building looks a tad odd to me, I think it's the sudden change from the bley arch to the white building, and how flat that line is. Some white inverted slopes between the two might improve the look :classic: