MKJoshA

Freeing the Aqueduct [WZ2:G12, Desert King]

The forces from Ulandus had taken as many aqueducts as they could, knowing that whoever controlled the water supply would be in the best position to continue their attacks. A small force of the Ulandans had decided that it would be faster to press-ganged some of the local farmers into hauling water for them to increase the flow instead of fixing the water-pump.

16898052315_438e84eb11_c.jpg

16690709917_d1c6644f70_c.jpg

16896823092_6406faac24_c.jpg

The men of Budd-apest, fighting for the Desert King, saw the slavery in action and decided to do something about it.

16710394638_5d31125cc5_c.jpg

OoC: I originally wasn't going to build for this WZ. But then I got this idea in my head. I hope it works as a "medieval pumping station." The instructions just said to make it realistic based on what they had available back then. And what was more readily available than men? :grin:

Hehe, cool little build - and nice idea with that "mechanism"! :tongue: And know that the men of Budd-apest shall be welcomed to the republic, should the realise the errors of the Desert King's ways! :wink:

Clever idea :classic:

I like how you set the aqueduct at an angle, it really adds a lot to the scene. Nice work!

I'll echo what's already been said - the angle adds a lot! I'm just wondering how the farmer on top of the ladder is going to get down without bowling the other one over? :grin:

:thumbup:

Very neat idea you had!!! Great job with the execution as well :)

Very nice shaping on the base and good use of angles. It's a great idea, very practical, and shows the nature of those Ulandian oppressors very well. Nice fig posing!

I like the wedge plates for water, the aqueduct seems a little unfinished up top though. Some sort of pattern there would probably look nice :classic: