16894872231_37ecb0ee76_c.jpg

Recently, the Tauri of the Ruadhi Brute Squad have noticed that their humble atelier has received

a visit from a lady of distinction. The Alikos Tribe have long been isolationist, and even in their settlement at Ruadh, they rarely see Tauri from the outside world. This Lady Akantha, who claims to speak with the authority of the High Council, is unlike anyone of their own kind that they've ever seen. Some whisper that she seems "too human" and her words are "fancy trickery" while others, especially the young bulls, are smitten with her sophistication, her accent, and her tasteful accessorization.

At the council meeting in Ruadh, where she was invited to speak in order to make a case against the settlement's neutral position in the war, she was accused of openly recruiting Brute Squad Tauri into the High Council militia. She doesn't deny it. In her eyes, the Tauri must stand and fight as one. To strengthen her claims, she flaunts her Tauri bodyguards, two bulls who long ago left their home tribes to join the cosmopolitan society of Kaliphlin.

Lady Akantha speaks to both the bulls and the heifers, since in the Alikos Tribe, both genders learn the art of war. She holds in her hand a map of Ruadhi territory and beyond, showing that even with the stated position of neutrality, the High Council believes that sooner or later the atelier will be captured or worse. She weaves together both rousing patriotism and conciliatory sympathy in her speech. The older bulls and cows mutter that they've heard this like before, but the youngsters are riveted and listening...

Edited by mccoyed

This is a nice build with a nice story and all but, I'm confused. Is this supposed to be a freebuild or a guerrilla? And I thought the Ruadhi were remaining neutral as well, unless you talked to SarahJoy about it.

This is a nice build with a nice story and all but, I'm confused. Is this supposed to be a freebuild or a guerrilla? And I thought the Ruadhi were remaining neutral as well, unless you talked to SarahJoy about it.

It's a freebuild. The Ruadhi are officially neutral, but the HC is trying to snag some of the young warriors into the war effort. It's part of the joint story for Ruadh (mostly the minotaurs) that SarahJoy and I have been sort of working on for a while now. It'll play out over the course of the war, but like her own Council build, it's not really for the challenges.

EDIT: I've put links into the two relevant builds, SarahJoy's and mine, that inform this one. Hopefully it makes more sense!

Edited by mccoyed

It's a freebuild. The Ruadhi are officially neutral, but the HC is trying to snag some of the young warriors into the war effort. It's part of the joint story for Ruadh (mostly the minotaurs) that SarahJoy and I have been sort of working on for a while now. It'll play out over the course of the war, but like her own Council build, it's not really for the challenges.

EDIT: I've put links into the two relevant builds, SarahJoy's and mine, that inform this one. Hopefully it makes more sense!

I get it now. Very sneaky but smart. :wink:

Very interesting story and great build to show it off! The various minotaur figures look excellent.

The High Council have been running Kaliphlin for a while. They've picked up a few tricks no doubt.

Ah nice build! Cool to see some collabs going on!

Thanks LV!

Sweet soldiers!!!

Well... if Lady Akantha gets her way...

Very interesting, the base looks nice!

Thanks Adair. It's minimal due to the focus on figs and the way SarahJoy is carefully planning Ruadh.

Very interesting story and great build to show it off! The various minotaur figures look excellent.

Thanks ME!

Love the soapbox platform built into the trunk of the Joshua tree, and the sword strapped to the back of that guy is a really nice touch. The base is so appropriate -- long live the High Council of Kaliphlin!

It's not meant to be sneaky at all. Ruadh remains neutral, while mccoyed and I are working a collab where a renegade group of Ruadi minotaurs are fighting for the High Council. It's no different than Berigora supporting the High Council, while Gabe is building for Ulandus.