I just supported this great model choosing $100-$199. Is that realistic you think?

You know what I would like? For LEGO to sell a separate "remote control PF set" (much like 8293). Then they could sell more models without these components at much better prices. And those interested could fit the model out with such a remote control set. What would a stripped down Volvo set go for?

Sorry for going off-topic. Again your model is stunning and I would buy it instantly.

I just supported this great model choosing $100-$199. Is that realistic you think?

For what it's worth, considering the number of pieces, I also thought that to be a realistic price. I think the PF elements would drive up the price a bit, but I wouldn't expect it to exceed the $199 limit...

Cool model!

About Lego Ideas: this platform seems to be primarily aimed at smallish sets with a mass appeal. Don't think big Technic MOCs stand any chance.

Agree on the price range. Should be comparable to the Crawler 9398 in part count as well as PF.

Unfortunately also agree that large Technic sets dont make a lot of chance, but remember the 41999. Thats a collectors item, so I can't be blamed for not trying...

Edited by martijnnab

41999 was the result of a special Technic competition though.

And was worth its money without even being a limited edition.

Wow^^ Great MOC. I just build this by using mlcad.

Jesuskyr,

In one word: you leave me speechless. I am more then impressed by the great visualization you made here. WOW :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: WOW.

The model hasn't been published for a week (saturday morning I think) and you already transferred the pdf into a cad-model. I would reaaly like to get a copy of it and hope I can also use it for presentation of the model.

Again, beyond my wildest expectations to see it in this state at this points. You immediately got promoted to the background of my desktop!!!

Thanks,

Martijn

P.S. How much time doed this cost you? I would really struggle doing this myself :blush:

Edited by martijnnab

I am currently building this fantastic MOC. I'm on the step the just installed the rims and tires. Once I get it built I will post a video review. Thanks for sharing this great MOC.

I'm totally overwhelmed by the great responses of you all to this MOC. This really helps motivation on getting a new MOC in the air ASAP.

Edited by martijnnab

In one word: you leave me speechless. I am more then impressed by the great visualization you made here. WOW :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: WOW.

==> Many Thanks for your kind word^^

I would really like to get a copy of it and hope I can also use it for presentation of the model.

==> You can use the cad files and these figures freely for you at (http://www.bricksafe.com/pages/jesuskyr/martijnnab/RR)

P.S. How much time doed this cost you? I would really struggle doing this myself :blush:

==> Um~~~~ I don't know exactly how much time it cost. ^.^

I am currently building this fantastic MOC. I'm on the step the just installed the rims and tires. Once I get it built I will post a video review. Thanks for sharing this great MOC.

Would love to see pictures or video's of other build of my model. That's what compensates best for the extra work it takes to make part-list and instructions. :laugh: :laugh:

==> Many Thanks for your kind word^^

I would really like to get a copy of it and hope I can also use it for presentation of the model.

==> You can use the cad files and these figures freely for you at (http://www.bricksafe...r/martijnnab/RR)

==> Um~~~~ I don't know exactly how much time it cost. ^.^

Which one of those files is the actual one for this Rolls Royce in MLCad? Thank you :thumbup:

What TheLegoExpert might means is which file in the zip we should open in MLCad. I also struggle there. Also can you tell me where to store the special parts. It says that MLCad cannot find them (the flex-axles in specific)

Edited by martijnnab

What TheLegoExpert might means is which file in the zip we should open in MLCad. I also struggle there. Also can you tell me where to store the special parts. It says that MLCad cannot find them (the flex-axles in specific)

Now I understand what you mean. I just upload the integrated mpd file for you^^ You can find this file at the my bricksafe folder.

Best,

jesuskyr

I checked the mpd. I still get some error messages like: LS11.dat not found. (also LS01, LS40 and LS41) Are these special parts, and if so where cen I find them.

I added you pictures as update to many forums and also as update of my Lego Ideas entry:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/97642

Next to that I saw your pictures on clien.net but my Korean is really bad ;-). I did however notice the many responses as well as many hits from Korea on my youtube page.

My question is therefore if this is your own post. If so I would have a request for you.

I checked the mpd. I still get some error messages like: LS11.dat not found. (also LS01, LS40 and LS41) Are these special parts, and if so where cen I find them.

I added you pictures as update to many forums and also as update of my Lego Ideas entry:

Next to that I saw your pictures on clien.net but my Korean is really bad ;-). I did however notice the many responses as well as many hits from Korea on my youtube page.

My question is therefore if this is your own post. If so I would have a request for you.

LS's are the LSynth related files. You need to install LSynth utility. Howerer I just added these LS files in RR mpd file. Please check the file.

Posting on client.net is mine. I just want to introduce your great MOC to my Korean LEGO community.

And then I already said that that is your MOC and I just do mlcad work in Korean.

Also I just add the link of your youtube page.

If you want to delete that posting, I will do.

Best

No actually I would like to ask you to do the opposite.You should be very proud of the work you did for me. I see a lot of views from Korea on my youtube channel, and very probably they are also because of your post. I added your pictures to an update in Lego ideas, and would like to ask you if you would be able to make some references to this idea in the Korean Lego communities and forum. For me it's otherwise difficult to reach them and apparently there are many of them. To even make a minimal chance on Lego Ideas with a Technic model all support would be appreciated.

If by the way you want me to place a link to a homepage from you, next to the pictures I use from you, as courtesy for your effort please let me know. I would be more then pleased to do so!!

P.S. I finally got the whole LSynth stuff. It works now, but for newbies on MLCad it surely help to include these files in the MPD

Thanks,

Whoohoo, I now got the whole program loop from MLCad -> Lsynth -> LDview -> Povray working. now I can make my own rendering using your model. :classic::sweet::laugh:

640x416.jpg

Edited by martijnnab

Whoohoo, I now got the whole program loop from MLCad -> Lsynth -> LDview -> Povray working. now I can make my own rendering using your model. :classic::sweet::laugh:

640x416.jpg

Great^^ Also I will look forward to your next MOC^^

Jesuskyr,

I fiddled around with MLCad, but I am clearly not an expert as you are (actually I suck at it). Would it be possible for you to make a version with the grill and bumbers more chrome metallic like and the top of the bonnet in black. That way it would start being very realistic and close to the model I used as reference.

RR7459.jpg

Edited by martijnnab

Jesuskyr,

I fiddled around with MLCad, but I am clearly not an expert as you are (actually I suck at it). Would it be possible for you to make a version with the grill and bumbers more chrome metallic like and the top of the bonnet in black. That way it would start being very realistic and close to the model I used as reference.

Yes, it's my pleasure~~ I just upload the chromed mpd file and figures at my bricksafe folder.

Please check it out^^

RR_chrome.png