I just released on Rebrickable my Lego Technic model of a Rolls-Royce Phantom II Coupe [1934]

The model is fully RC controlled and has back-side suspension, functioning side-folding bonnet, trunk, suicide doors and working engine. It is operated by 2 L-motors and a servo for steering.

I build it in about 40 hr. over a period of 2 weeks and made instruction of it that are free to download from Rebrickable.

1280x960.jpg

http://www.rebrickab...m-ii-coupe-1934

640x480.jpg640x480.jpg

640x853.jpg640x853.jpg

Be sure to also check out my other models on Rebrickable.

Update: Just have to add these incredibly nice renderings that jesuskyr made for me at his own initative. Thanks a lot for them. More pictures are in the later postings in this topic.

800x484.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by martijnnab

Awesome model and presentation! Any way to add suspension?

Back suspension is in already. In the front was not possible as the space is insufficient and front of the bonnet stops directly above the steering.

That is way cool. I love how you reproduced those flowing lines of the car. Very impressive.

The movie is brilliant! :grin:

Rolls-Royce Phantom two. 4.3 litre, 30 horsepower, six cylinder engine, with Stromberg downdraft carburetor, can go from zero to 100 kilometres an hour in 12.5 seconds. And I even like the color.

Wonderful model! Too bad I'm missing so many parts (>100).

Yep, just couldn't fit in 6 cylinders, so I had to settle for only 4....

Regarding missing parts: Bricklink can solve all your problems ;-)

Edited by martijnnab

Very nice super car! It's good to see such a lovely and different build. Thank you for making it available.

Beautiful! The mudguards are brilliant, using the angled connectors for strength and the flex axles on the outside to convey the impression of a smooth curve.

It's really a pity that all the tyres we have are too wide for this type of vehicle, but the 62.4 x 20 are still acceptable.

Beautiful! The mudguards are brilliant, using the angled connectors for strength and the flex axles on the outside to convey the impression of a smooth curve.

It's really a pity that all the tyres we have are too wide for this type of vehicle, but the 62.4 x 20 are still acceptable.

Agree on the tyres. I first wanted to build it using the motorcycle tire ~100mm. but then the model would have been close to 70 cm long and that was way too big. This tire is the only one suitable, but indeed still too wide.

Graet MOC! :thumbup:

It makes me want to build the yellow Mercedes SSKL of Lupin the 3rd.

I checked it out. That's indeed a great alternative classic car. Too bad the flex angle connectors 32126 don't exist in yellow as far as I know.

Very creative work. I love the shaping of the hood, and the application of three colors is spot on. Well done.