darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I may be in the minority on this one, but if they do Cloud City again I would expect no less that the same design as the Death Star ($400). Besides, only this price range would provide all the figures I'd expect.

The Usual Suspects: (9)

Lando, Leia, Luke, Vader, Han (w/ carbonite), Boba Fett, C-3P0, R2, Chewie

Extras: (7)

Lobot, Bespin guard(2), Ugnaught(2), E-3P0, Cloud Car Pilot

If people pay $400 for Cloud City, I'm sure they'd also expect at least one Imperial Officer and a few of the increasingly elusive Stormies as well.

If people pay $400 for Cloud City, I'm sure they'd also expect at least one Imperial Officer and a few of the increasingly elusive Stormies as well.

I'd like them of course but would consider them bonuses. Just want the figures that would only be made in a CC set...a good one.

If they do a Cloud city like the Death star it would be cool to get a mid sized Slave I or a new Cloud car.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Well, i'd like to share my thoughts, too... :wink:

Small sets (30-40 bucks):

Vulture droid starfighter (2-4 battle droids)

Battle of the Grass plains (1 Kaadu, 1 Gungan general, 1 Gungan soldier, 1 officer battle droid, 4 battle droids, 1 STAP)

I like these ideas. There small and inconspicuous, and fit in with other sets, i.e. the first one is basically a smaller version of the Hyena bomber and the space droids.

I may be in the minority on this one, but if they do Cloud City again I would expect no less that the same design as the Death Star ($400). Besides, only this price range would provide all the figures I'd expect.

The Usual Suspects: (9)

Lando, Leia, Luke, Vader, Han (w/ carbonite), Boba Fett, C-3P0, R2, Chewie

Extras: (7)

Lobot, Bespin guard(2), Ugnaught(2), E-3P0, Cloud Car Pilot

Well, in my post i told the upper edge of the price range. Seems i got used to suffering already. :tongue:

In general i just outlined the figs. Of course in most cases kind of another smaller vehicle and maybe scenery items are to expected.

Regarding Cloud City - i am not so sure that so many people would run for it @ 400 bucks.

With the Death Star this works because it is ultimate in many respects: The ultimate superweapon, the ultimate iconic SW 'starship', the ultimate i.e. largest space station people could imagine, the ultimate and dominating vehicle in OT, the ultimate spot for epic and decisive battles i.e. story hooks and one could continue this. 24 figs and a starfighter added to the value. It IS great for display - even for adults (who are the only to afford such stuff).

Cloud City is memorable, yes and probably the most desired playset among the community. It went as a UCS with 7 minifigs and didn't need more than around 700 bricks to be a very good set. Few sets are more rare and more expensive on the secondary market than this 2003 masterpiece. A nice quantum of OT fans long for it. But 400 bucks is highest stake. I am sure TLG wants to sell a few thousands units and spread the LEGO Star Wars idea among a younger audience along the way, too. For CC you would find many many willing customers @ my suggested price range. And TLG would have the freedom to to use a dozen of minifigs and more than 1k of bricks to make this an excellent set (with some nice features), maybe even a Cloud Car.

But a 3,5k bricks behemoth - did we see enough spots of Cloud City, enough hot scenes with enough screen time to make it worthwile recreating them in fullest detail?

Honestly, i don't think so. Cloud City is great stuff - but not the same magnet as a Death Star is. TLG went the risk with the SSD. I hope for it's success but i bother a bit.

Don't get me wrong - i want a Cloud City just as i want a Star Destroyer or a Super Star Destroyer - but not for more than 150 bucks, my upper limit. And at this mark, i expect some brilliance as with the Tantive IV and the new Falcon.

It's possible as 8038 has shown with 12 minifigs (some exclusives among them!) at a price tag of 100 bucks.

Apart from this, i like your choice of figs proposed. My choice differs in that we already have so many chewies and got the droids multiple times, too.

Cloud City is memorable, yes and probably the most desired playset among the community. It went as a UCS with 7 minifigs and didn't need more than around 700 bricks to be a very good set. Few sets are more rare and more expensive on the secondary market than this 2003 masterpiece. A nice quantum of OT fans long for it. But 400 bucks is highest stake. I am sure TLG wants to sell a few thousands units and spread the LEGO Star Wars idea among a younger audience along the way, too. For CC you would find many many willing customers @ my suggested price range. And TLG would have the freedom to to use a dozen of minifigs and more than 1k of bricks to make this an excellent set (with some nice features), maybe even a Cloud Car.

But a 3,5k bricks behemoth - did we see enough spots of Cloud City, enough hot scenes with enough screen time to make it worthwile recreating them in fullest detail?

Honestly, i don't think so. Cloud City is great stuff - but not the same magnet as a Death Star is. TLG went the risk with the SSD. I hope for it's success but i bother a bit.

Don't get me wrong - i want a Cloud City just as i want a Star Destroyer or a Super Star Destroyer - but not for more than 150 bucks, my upper limit. And at this mark, i expect some brilliance as with the Tantive IV and the new Falcon.

Did we see enough spots? I think so! And I think itd make a great set shaped like CC, a big top.

I went over what I'd want in the design. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47737&st=0&p=837782&fromsearch=1entry837782

I started to build this, but then decided to wait so I could incorporate the new CC pieces when TLG inevitably let me down with a half-assed set. I feel like its coming this year or next. If they don't build a DS-like set, I'll build my own.

i just wanted to put out some ideas

obi-wans jedi star fighter-obi-wan(CW jedi robes),R4-P17,jedi fighter,hpyerdrive ring around 50-60$

Droid landing craft-general grevious,2 gungun warriors, 10 battledroids,2 pilot droids 175-200$ based on the battle of naboo from season 4 of the CW

tradorshian speeder- two tradorshian hunters, ahsoka(new outfit) 25$ based on the last 2 episodes of season 3

rebel ion canon- rebel trooper, gen.rieekan, probe droid 25-30$

Trade federation droid starfighter- 2 battle droids,nerordian commander,vulter droid,blaster turent station 20-25$

ewok tree trap- wicket the ewok, death star trooper 20$

CIS droid drill- kit fisto,4 aqua droids 60-70 based on the battle of mon calimari

theed palace- qui-gon, obi-wan, maul, padme, nute gunray,2 naboo guards, 2 battle droids, droid commmander,hakoo,naboo gain speeder, hangar,palace reactor, meeting room around 100-120$

I think there probably are enough spots of cloud city to create a large set but the question is how would it sell???

the Death star is iconic and so is the millenium falcon and even a star destroyer. These sets reach beyond the adult community and also appeal to more general fans of Star Wars and even non SW Lego lovers. I'm not convinced cloud city is as big a draw.

Jabba's palace is perhaps a bit more realistic. I think with it's exotic mix of aliens it would appeal to a larger audience for a smaller price tag.

I just thought of 2 ideas

Starspeeder 3000(from star tours)

Deffence Proton Cannon(from battlefront 2 the video game)

i would love to see a UCS Slave 1 but that won't happen. i would also like to see a Mandorian Space Curser

i would love to see a UCS Slave 1 but that won't happen. i would also like to see a Mandorian Space Curser

I think a UCS Slave I is more likely than any cursor. :poke:

Kidding aside, your former suggestion is a lot more realistic than the latter. And I don't think a UCS Slave I is very unlikely compared to some other UCS sets we want. Certainly more likely than a UCS Cloud Car and easier to build than a UCS AT-AT, to name a rumor and a popular idea.

We'll be getting a UCS Slave I someday. It will have to be after the system set goes off the shelves though.

Edited by StoutFiles

We'll be getting a UCS Slave I someday. It will have to be after the system set goes off the shelves though.

And, as I've said before, the Slave 1 is hardly iconic. It's in 2 sceanes for VERY brief moments. besides, making two of the same ship in the same year is just strange to me.

I think a UCS Slave I is more likely than any cursor. :poke:

Kidding aside, your former suggestion is a lot more realistic than the latter. And I don't think a UCS Slave I is very unlikely compared to some other UCS sets we want. Certainly more likely than a UCS Cloud Car and easier to build than a UCS AT-AT, to name a rumor and a popular idea.

UCS AT-AT makes a lot of sense, it is most definately iconic. Wonder how big it would be. Would it be the size of an poodle or an irish wolf hound?

UCS AT-AT makes a lot of sense, it is most definately iconic. Wonder how big it would be. Would it be the size of an poodle or an irish wolf hound?

Assuming it's in classic 1:28 UCS scale, it would be about 88.9cm long by 74.5cm tall.

A 'truescale' AT-AT, assuming stud-to-foot minifigure scale, would be roughly 65.4cm long and 54.8cm tall.

Edited by fallenangel309

Assuming it's in classic 1:28 UCS scale, it would be about 88.9cm long by 74.5cm tall.

A 'truescale' AT-AT, assuming stud-to-foot minifigure scale, would be roughly 65.4m long and 54.8cm tall.

Thanks for the info, I think i'd be tempted by that actually.

A 'truescale' AT-AT, assuming stud-to-foot minifigure scale, would be roughly 65.4m long and 54.8cm tall.

65 metres long and 54 centimetres tall? Is this the new concept that they are talking about on the 2012 rumours thread? Surrealist representations? :wink:

65 metres long and 54 centimetres tall? Is this the new concept that they are talking about on the 2012 rumours thread? Surrealist representations? :wink:

:blush: I thought something looked wrong there. Thank you, Thego.

The idea of a UCS AT AT would be excellent. They could have a openning side section similar to the Kenner AT AT and the snow troopers could fast rope to the ground. The cockpit or head could look similar to the movie with 2 pilot and General Veers. The internals could be design to hold cargo or speed bikes. The only problem is the cost would be very high. :classic: :classic:

The idea of a UCS AT AT would be excellent. They could have a openning side section similar to the Kenner AT AT and the snow troopers could fast rope to the ground. The cockpit or head could look similar to the movie with 2 pilot and General Veers. The internals could be design to hold cargo or speed bikes. The only problem is the cost would be very high. :classic: :classic:

Wow the old Kenner AT-AT! I still remember buying my first one over 25 years ago. It cost £25 I think and i saved my pocket money for over 4 months to buy it. I can't save nowadays, when new SW Lego sets come out i want them straight away.

I would very much like a UCS Flick Fire Missile. The stand would be a large missile holder, obviously.

...Maybe I'll MOC this one sometime.

I would very much like a UCS Flick Fire Missile. The stand would be a large missile holder, obviously.

...Maybe I'll MOC this one sometime.

I might have to steal that design. Except mine will be a UCS Flick-fire Headlight. :wub: