darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

6 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Ideally, now with the movies out of the way, we can go back to previous movie-less times (2006-2015) where everyone got a little love.

Isn’t there a new trilogy planned for 2022? 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Isn’t there a new trilogy planned for 2022? 

Yeah, but even then that's no film for 2-3 years, which is much better than the one-movie-per-year for getting sets from older films.

Also, It seems to me like there's alot of "confirmed" trilogies and films that aren't actually happening. The GoT guys left their trilogy, I highly doubt Rian Johnson's trilogy is happening, and there's also Leata Kalogridi's supposed KOTOR trilogy. And just last week they announced Taika Watiti's film. I think we'll see one trilogy with the 2022, 2025, 2027 release dates Disney has marked for "star wars films", and then a few spin off films. Should give us plenty of time to get sets for older films in between.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Legends has it's fans, and most sets that Lego could make, they don't. We've needed Padme's Royal Starships, SPHA-Ts, Numerous Trade Federation and CIS vehicles, and not to mention the various craft of the Rebellion (talking fleet-wise). To be fair, smaller sets don't have a lot of options, hence so many Speeders of various designs, but digging deep into old games and whatnot could work. Even just doing EU stuff in general would be nice, and I mean the comics specifically. Might not lead to more ground vehicles, but different craft in general.

Tl;dr, at least Legends sets are better than stuff like Yoda Chronicles and Freemakers! :laugh: (E-Wing excluded)

That we can agree on, the worst sets are the ones lego make for their own shows like freemakers and stuff.

I think the problem with legends getting sets stems from the fact that it's all from older games, books, and comics. Lego doesn't really make star wars sets based on even current books or comics because most have a smaller amount of people who read them, and those people are usually older and not in the target audiance of children. So lego can't afford to put out a set based on some old game or comic because they won't get any children to recognize it. Legends still has a few fans, but I doubt the amount of legends fans that would also buy legos is a big enough market for lego to justify it.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the problem with legends getting sets stems from the fact that it's all from older games, books, and comics. Lego doesn't really make star wars sets based on even current books or comics because most have a smaller amount of people who read them, and those people are usually older and not in the target audiance of children. So lego can't afford to put out a set based on some old game or comic because they won't get any children to recognize it. Legends still has a few fans, but I doubt the amount of legends fans that would also buy legos is a big enough market for lego to justify it.

That's fair, and of course, I wouldn't expect Lego to outright make sets like The OutriderEclipse, or even figures like Kyle Katarn or Jacen & Jaina Solo. But like a battle pack with a vehicle that looks suspiciously like an AT-PT, or a T2-B (:innocent:) would be sufficient. Give us 3-4 Stormies or Rebels and call it a day.

At this point, I'd love for them to make an Imperial Legion set like the new 501st one, with an ITT (full interior and cabin), 2x Imperial Combat Drivers, 4 Stormtroopers, 2 Rebel Troopers (Commando Gear).

And now for some Clone Wars sets! (Master of transitions, I am! :yoda:)

Siege Troopers Battle Pack ($14.99): 3x 332nd Clone Troopers, 1x Clone Naval Officer.

Mandalorian Super Commandos ($14.99): Rook Kast, 2x Super Commandos, Female Super Commando.

Mandalorian Speeder ($29.99): Captain Vaughn, 332nd Clone Trooper (Sterling), Mandalorian Loyalist, Nite Owl.

CIS Tank Droid ($29.99): Anakin Skywalker, Super Tactical Droid, Battle Droid Commander, 2x Battle Droids.

Tri-Droid ($39.99): Obi-Wan Kenobi, Commander Cody, 2x 212th Clone Troopers, 2x Super Battle Droids.

Throne Room Duel ($49.99): Senator Almec, Darth Maul, Ahsoka Tano, Bo-Katan, Jesse.

501st Y-Wing Bomber ($59.99): Captain Rex, Ahsoka Tano (with cloak), R7-A7, 332nd Clone Trooper (Ridge)

Havoc Marauder ($69.99): Tech, Crosshair, Wrecker, Hunter.

Nightbrother ($69.99): Darth Maul, Gar Saxon, Ursa Wren, Death Watch Loyalist.

All Terrain Tactical Enforcer ($109.99): 2x Mandalorian Super Commandos, Clone Gunner, Captain Rex, 332nd Trooper.

Republic Attack Gunship ($129.99): Clone Pilot (Green), Clone Pilot (501st, Yerbana), 2x 332nd Troopers, 2x Super Commandoes (1 Male, 1 Female).

Venator-class Star Destroyer ($159.99): Admiral Yularen, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, 332nd Clone Trooper (Ridge), P2 Shiny Clone Trooper.

(For the Venator, I thought it appropriate to have the figures represent the OGs of Torrent Company, even though the 332nd clone would be unnamed)

44 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

That's fair, and of course, I wouldn't expect Lego to outright make sets like The OutriderEclipse, or even figures like Kyle Katarn or Jacen & Jaina Solo. But like a battle pack with a vehicle that looks suspiciously like an AT-PT, or a T2-B (:innocent:) would be sufficient. Give us 3-4 Stormies or Rebels and call it a day.

At this point, I'd love for them to make an Imperial Legion set like the new 501st one, with an ITT (full interior and cabin), 2x Imperial Combat Drivers, 4 Stormtroopers, 2 Rebel Troopers (Commando Gear).

And now for some Clone Wars sets! (Master of transitions, I am! :yoda:)

Now that I can get behind. It'd certainly be better than the junk builds they usually put out for battle packs. The T2-b actually looks pretty cool, I'm gonna try to MOC it. And sets in the style of the 501st set would be great!

In an attempt to come up with some more for that style of set:
Clone legions: Tx-130 tank (canon) with 2 p2 shinies, a p2 212th trooper, and a shock trooper, as well as 2 b1s. ($29.99)

Separatist forces: Snail tank and dwarf spider droid with 4 b1s, 2b2s, a p2 shiny and a 212th trooper. ($29.99)

Rebel legion: MLC-3 and P-tower with 2 endor rebels, 1 scarif rebel and 1 fleet trooper, as well as 2 stormtroopers. ($29.99)

First order troopers: Treadspeeder, turbolaser turret, 2 first order stormtroopers, first order megablaster heavy trooper, first order jet trooper, and 2 resistance troopers. ($29.99)

I'd like to see a re-released Ghost at the $150 or even $170 price point. 

The old one looked good from the exterior, but in order to really capture the ship, in my opinion, it needs to be closer to the system-scale versions of the Millenium Falcon.  A $150-170 set would be able to include a cockpit maybe with space for two figures, the 3 gunner stations around the ship, a retractable cargo/boarding ramp, and then probably two sections in the middle with the removable roof panels, like the Falcons tend to have.  One could be the holochess/lounge area, the other could be Zeb and Ezra's bunk.  I'd also go as far as saying that a $150 version of the ship could maybe include the Phantom as well. 

As far as minifigures (please no spoilers for past S1 of Rebels, I haven't watched that far yet, so if you're going to make any alternative suggestions, please spoiler tag them :classic:), Hera, Kanan, Ezra, Zeb, Sabine and Chopper, not sure if anyone else really fits into that, plus it seems like six/seven figures is about the max that we get with non-UCS stuff anyway these days.  Maybe a stormtrooper in there, if they're feeling generous.

Republic Dropship with AT-OT/AT-TE ($200 - $250, as it would most likely be scaled down) Includes 6 332nd Troopers, and one Clone Pilot.

Republic Gunship ($120 - 140) Includes Ahsoka Tano, 2 332nd Troopers, 2 501st Troopers, and Captain Rex with swappable helmets. (332nd Helmet and 501st Helmet)

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid ($20 - $30) Includes 3 B1s, and two regular Phase 2 Clone Troopers.

Separatist Landing Craft ($120 - $150) Includes Grievous, 4 B1s, Dooku, and 2 B2s. In scale with the Malevolence and Venator Playsets.

Venator ($140 - $180) Includes Admiral Yularen, 4 Regular Phase 2 Clone Troopers, and Anakin Skywalker(?). 

Edited by Jeaxaz

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

The old one looked good from the exterior, but in order to really capture the ship, in my opinion, it needs to be closer to the system-scale versions of the Millenium Falcon.  A $150-170 set would be able to include a cockpit maybe with space for two figures, the 3 gunner stations around the ship, a retractable cargo/boarding ramp, and then probably two sections in the middle with the removable roof panels, like the Falcons tend to have.  One could be the holochess/lounge area, the other could be Zeb and Ezra's bunk.  I'd also go as far as saying that a $150 version of the ship could maybe include the Phantom as well. 

As far as minifigures (please no spoilers for past S1 of Rebels, I haven't watched that far yet, so if you're going to make any alternative suggestions, please spoiler tag them :classic:), Hera, Kanan, Ezra, Zeb, Sabine and Chopper, not sure if anyone else really fits into that, plus it seems like six/seven figures is about the max that we get with non-UCS stuff anyway these days.  Maybe a stormtrooper in there, if they're feeling generous.

As spoiler free as I can get: I would happily go for a UCS Ghost. I have the original. I paid a decent premium for it after it retired, but nothing like what it costs now. It's a good set, but I agree that a bigger one could be MUCH better. Your list of minifigs is probably what I would expect with the Ghost, but I think Fulcrum would be another excellent inclusion that would please everybody, including. Callus would also be a logical inclusion if they want an Imperial.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

re-released Ghost

I feel like the best chance for the Ghost (includes the Phantom, not as a separate set) would be a set like the Tantive IV, $200 (max) with a detailed exterior and non-scaled interior for play use. A UCS would be ideal, but I doubt LEGO would do a UCS for Rebels considering the Prequels barely even get them.

Minifigs I'd like to see (some spoilers in this section):

Spoiler

Hera, Kanan (blind), Ezra (Heroes of Mandalore w/ painted scout trooper helmet), Zeb (more accurate version), Sabine (Heroes of Mandalore w/ helmet and darksaber), Chopper, and Ahsoka (like the 2016 version but with regular eyes).

Plus it could include Jedi and Sith Holocrons with an Obi-Wan hologram.

Also putting this in spoilers as it pertains to S4 but on the topic of Rebels, I would also love to see the

Spoiler

AT-DP Arc Cannon Prototype - $60

The walker that was equipped with The Duchess that was used on Mandalore to disintegrate Beskar. Would use the 75083 AT-DP as a base but expand on the head section. Interior can fit 2 minifigs.

Minifigs: Bo-Katan, Fenn Rau, 2 Imperial Jumptroopers, and an AT-DP Pilot

450?cb=20171018143942

38 minutes ago, autolycus said:

As spoiler free as I can get: I would happily go for a UCS Ghost. I have the original. I paid a decent premium for it after it retired, but nothing like what it costs now. It's a good set, but I agree that a bigger one could be MUCH better. Your list of minifigs is probably what I would expect with the Ghost, but I think Fulcrum would be another excellent inclusion that would please everybody, including. Callus would also be a logical inclusion if they want an Imperial.

Spoiler

Yes, we need a new ahsoka. Rebel Kallus isn't too hard to make with cheap-ish parts (lobot's torso is probably the most difficult to obtain part), but he'd be nice to get too.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Out of curiosity, are you aware of all rebels sets released? Because (and this is only a spoiler if you haven't seen the released sets)

Spoiler

I feel like the phantom 2 would be possibly a more fitting phantom to include in the set,

along with the cast reflecting their season 3-4 appearances, since most people agree the later seasons are better (me included). Glad to hear you're starting to watch rebels, just know that it gets progressivly better over the course of the series, from somewhat bad, to good, to clone-wars level by the end.

1 hour ago, UberCorp said:

I feel like the best chance for the Ghost (includes the Phantom, not as a separate set) would be a set like the Tantive IV, $200 (max) with a detailed exterior and non-scaled interior for play use. A UCS would be ideal, but I doubt LEGO would do a UCS for Rebels considering the Prequels barely even get them.

Yeah, I agree.  At this point, I don't even know if we'd get more Rebels stuff, let alone a large set, considering we've only gotten like one TCW set per year for the past 5ish years, all smaller stuff, and TCW seems to have a much larger fanbase/following, at least from what I see online.  But, I guess one big difference between a model like The Ghost and a larger TCW set is that TCW didn't really have a flagship vehicle that was consistent throughout the series.  Obviously stuff like a Venator or Gunship, but those weren't really specific, they were just generic Republic vehicles that we saw a lot.  We had the Twilight early on but it seemed like after the first season, maybe a bit into the second (don't recall exactly) that it wasn't really around anymore, whereas The Ghost evidently is present and a very important vehicle throughout all four seasons.  So, even though we aren't getting large Clone Wars sets, a large Rebels set could still be possible since it's got more of a consistent presence than a Venator.  

(Though I'd still welcome a remade Venator with open arms)

59 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Out of curiosity, are you aware of all rebels sets released? Because (and this is only a spoiler if you haven't seen the released sets)

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like the phantom 2 would be possibly a more fitting phantom to include in the set,

along with the cast reflecting their season 3-4 appearances, since most people agree the later seasons are better (me included). Glad to hear you're starting to watch rebels, just know that it gets progressivly better over the course of the series, from somewhat bad, to good, to clone-wars level by the end.

I have seen the sets, yeah, but I wasn't sure about the difference between the Phantoms yet, so good to know.  I'd guess if we got a set it'd be based on later material anyway.  And yeah, I've actually quite enjoyed it so far even though I'm only just now getting to S2.  I'd heard that the early seasons were much weaker, but so far I've still really enjoyed it.  

Edited by Kit Figsto

As someone who owns a Phantom II set, I would much rather get a Phantom I with the Ghost! :laugh_hard:

Maybe we can get Ghost when... (DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER, @Kit Figsto. Not under any circumstances before seeing the series finale!!!)

Spoiler

Filoni goes back to animation and does the Ahsoka + Sabine search for Ezra and Thrawn in the outer rim series.

Appreciate the heads up @autolycus!:sweet:

On the topic of Rebels stuff, I'm actually a little bit surprised that we never got a B-Wing based on the red prototype model from S2 that Hera flies to run the blockade.  Seems like it'd be a good way to get another B-Wing without it being redundant, sort of like the time we got a Republic Y-Wing that took the place of where we'd normally have a Rebel-era one for year or two.  

Project Shantipole (aka B-Wing prototype): Foldable wings and gyro-cockpick mechanism (basically the same thing that the Slave I models have), rotating weapons, and an attachment point for the Phantom on top.  Either priced at $80 or $110, depending on whether or not they include the Phantom.  Minifigs are Hera, Quarrie, Commander Sato, and Zeb.  

1 hour ago, autolycus said:

As someone who owns a Phantom II set, I would much rather get a Phantom I with the Ghost! :laugh_hard:

Maybe we can get Ghost when... (DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER, @Kit Figsto. Not under any circumstances before seeing the series finale!!!)

Reveal hidden contents

Filoni goes back to animation and does the Ahsoka + Sabine search for Ezra and Thrawn in the outer rim series.

Spoiler

But that's not confirmed, it's possibly but I don't think we'll see it in 2020 at least, and given where hera is in canon at that point (read alphabet squadron), the ghost might not be as prevelent in the series.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Appreciate the heads up @autolycus!:sweet:

On the topic of Rebels stuff, I'm actually a little bit surprised that we never got a B-Wing based on the red prototype model from S2 that Hera flies to run the blockade.  Seems like it'd be a good way to get another B-Wing without it being redundant, sort of like the time we got a Republic Y-Wing that took the place of where we'd normally have a Rebel-era one for year or two.  

Project Shantipole (aka B-Wing prototype): Foldable wings and gyro-cockpick mechanism (basically the same thing that the Slave I models have), rotating weapons, and an attachment point for the Phantom on top.  Either priced at $80 or $110, depending on whether or not they include the Phantom.  Minifigs are Hera, Quarrie, Commander Sato, and Zeb.  

That'd be a cool set, and makes sense that we could get it instead of the norml b-wing to mix things up. (though I fear we may be getting a resistance b-wing as the $100 exclusive, I haven't heard any "rumors" or anything, that's just my thoughts.) We did end up getting Quarrie as probably the only good thing from the freemaker adventures sets, but he would HAVE to be in this set.

What episode of S2 are you on, by the way?

If Lego did do a wave of Clone Wars sets here’s what I think they would do next year:

Outer Rim Siege Troopers £19.99 (Red and Grey Barc Speeder, E-Web Turret with battery cell, CIS STAP): 332nd Clone Trooper, 212th Clone Trooper, 91st Reconnaissance Anaxes Clone Trooper, Shiny Clone Trooper, Battle Droid Commander, Commando Droid

CIS Tank Droid £29.99: Super Tactical Droid, Battle Droid, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Commander Cody

Republic Y-Wing Starfighter £64.99: Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, R7-A7, Clone Trooper Jesse

Darth Maul’s Gauntlet Fighter £74.99: Darth Maul, Governor Almec, Nite Owl Mandalorian 

AT-TE Walker £89.99: Captain Vaugh’n, 332nd Clone Trooper, Nite Owl Mandalorian, Rook Kast, Mandalorian Super Commando

CIS MTT £119.99: Tactical Droid, Commando Droid, Super Battle Droid(x6), Anakin Skywalker, Hunter

Republic Gunship £129.99: Ahsoka’s Tano, Bo Katan, Green Clone Pilot, 501st Clone Pilot, 332nd Clone Trooper Jet Pack, Gar Saxon, Mandalorian Super Commando

Following Year

Separatist Tri-Droid £49.99: Battle Droid Commander, Super Battle Droid(x2), 501st Jet Trooper(x2)

The Silver Angel £64.99: Ahsoka Tano(light blue outfit), Trace Martez, Rafa Martez, Pyke Syndicate (x2)

The Havoc Marauder £84.99: Wrecker, Crosshair, Tech, Clone Trooper Echo

Venator Class Cruiser £139.99: Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, Republic Officer, 332nd Clone Trooper, 501st Clone Trooper, CH-33P, G-G

Here’s some other sets I’d love or I think they will release next year: 

Moff Gideon’s Tie Fighter £69.99: Moff Gideon, The Mandalorian (Beskar), Incinerator Trooper 

Hoth Generator Assault £79.99 (Trench with Hoth Dish Turret + DF-9 Turret either side, Snowspeeder, Tauntaun, and a larger brick-built generator): Han Solo, General Rieekan, Zev Senesca, Hoth Rebel Trooper (x2), Snowtrooper (x2)

Imperial AT-ST Walker £59.99 (Walker, Brown Speeder Bike, Tree with log swinging function): Imperial AT-ST Driver, Scout Trooper, Ewok Warrior (x2)

Edited by ArrowBricks

48 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But that's not confirmed, it's possibly but I don't think we'll see it in 2020 at least, and given where hera is in canon at that point (read alphabet squadron), the ghost might not be as prevelent in the series.

That'd be a cool set, and makes sense that we could get it instead of the norml b-wing to mix things up. (though I fear we may be getting a resistance b-wing as the $100 exclusive, I haven't heard any "rumors" or anything, that's just my thoughts.) We did end up getting Quarrie as probably the only good thing from the freemaker adventures sets, but he would HAVE to be in this set.

What episode of S2 are you on, by the way?

Ugh, I'm not really a sequel hater (more of a "sequel meh-er") but the sets just don't appeal to me at all.   If I want an X-Wing, I'll get Luke's, if I want a TIE, I'll get an Imperial TIE.  I know that's just a guess on your part but I hadn't even really considered it being a sequel set beyond maybe a really large version of the Exegol duel, but fingers crossed it's a TCW set.  I have a feeling I've hyped it up to myself to a point where anything other than a TCW set is going to be a disappointment, but it's fun to speculate.  

I just finished S2 Ep 9, so a little under halfway through.  

On 5/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, Kit Figsto said:

Ugh, I'm not really a sequel hater (more of a "sequel meh-er") but the sets just don't appeal to me at all.   If I want an X-Wing, I'll get Luke's, if I want a TIE, I'll get an Imperial TIE.  I know that's just a guess on your part but I hadn't even really considered it being a sequel set beyond maybe a really large version of the Exegol duel, but fingers crossed it's a TCW set.  I have a feeling I've hyped it up to myself to a point where anything other than a TCW set is going to be a disappointment, but it's fun to speculate.  

I just finished S2 Ep 9, so a little under halfway through.  

Similar opinion here, although I like the sequel films a bit more than the prequel trilogy (by the idea that 7 and 9 were good/ok, 8 was poor, while 1 and 2 were pretty bad and 3 was good), but it's just kind of a mediocre trilogy overall (of course if you add in TCW the prequel trilogy easily wins). And yeah, a resistance b-wing is just an unfounded hunch on my part, I'm hoping it's an AT-TE or something.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Updated prediction for the winter 2021 lineup.
Let’s see everyone predictions! (Not ideas/wishlists but genuine thoughts) 

Siege of Mandalore Battle Pack £12.99 (old style 2v2 with turret and terrain): Mandalorian Super Commando (x2), Nite Owl Mandalorian (x2)

Snowtrooper Battle Pack £12.99 (Speeder bike and command station like 2009): Imperial Officer, Snowtrooper Captain, Snowtrooper (x2) 

Outer Rim Siege Clone Troopers £19.99 (501st speeder bike but red, E-Web Turret w/battery cell, STAP) 332nd Clone Trooper, 212th Clone Trooper, 91st Reconnaissance Anaxes Clone Trooper, Shiny Clone Trooper, Commando Droid, Battle Droid 

Endor Speeder Bike Chase £24.99: Endor Luke, Endor Leia, Scout Trooper

CIS Tank Droid £24.99: Super Tactical Droid, Battle Droid, Commander Cody 

Republic Z-95 Headhunter £59.99: Mace Windu, 501st Clone Trooper, 91st Reconnaissance Anaxes Clone Trooper

Republic Y-Wing Starfighter £64.99: Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, Clone Trooper Jesse, R7-A7 

Darth Maul’s Gauntlet Fighter £74.99: Darth Maul, Governor Almec, Mandalorian Super Commando

Edited by ArrowBricks

Okay, I'll bite (Tried to avoid repeating you, since there are some likely sets there):

Siege Troopers ($14.99): 2x 332nd Troopers, Clone Naval Officer, ARC Trooper (Jesse)

Rebel Commandos ($14.99): Remake of the 2016 speeder. 2 Male Commandos, 1 Female Commando, Twi'lek Commando.

Duel on Mandalore ($19.99): Ahsoka, Darth Maul.

Imperial Troop Transport ($29.99): The Mandalorian, Moff Gideon, 2x Stormtroopers.

AT-ST ($49.99): AT-ST Driver, Snowtrooper, Hoth Rebel Trooper

B-Wing Starfighter ($69.99): B-Wing Pilot (Human), Rebel Commando (Lt. Blount), Rebel Mechanic.

ARC-170 ($79.99): Clone Pilot Odd Ball, Clone Pilot, Astromech Droid, Shaak Ti

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Hate to say it, but it's almost impossible Lego will give us 6 clone wars sets in January.

Some thoughts on your list in particular:

- Unlike Clones, I don't think they'll do two Mandalorian BPs back-to-back, especially not a 2v2 (those didn't do so hot anyway). Maybe a fusion of Clones and Mandos could work though, (332nd, Nite Owl, and DW Loyalist)

- I personally find the idea of a mix-n-match legion pack off-putting, since it's better to group similar forces together (like the 501st set this year). Maybe limiting the Siege Troopers to Shinies and 212th alone could work, though.

- I do like the Endor Speeder Chase, and the Snowtroopers, and I think they're highly likely. The Tank Droid is also a strong possibility, even if I doubt Cody or the Super-Tactical Droid will get figures next year (but fingers crossed)

- Still hoping this year's exclusive is either a Blue Y-Wing or the Nightbrother, so I think those are very possible.

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

This is a fun idea, I like this sort of thing.

I'll try a prediction list, though right off the bat I know I'm stealing one of the ideas from you, that snowtrooper set is very likely :laugh:. Most are based on our current pattern for january of: 2 microfighters, 2 battle packs, duel set,  4+ set, $20-30 OT location set, 2 larger sets.

Microfighters: tough, as there's no new films coming out. However, as the last ones not for a new/recent film were for TPM, I'll say:

Droid Gunship Microfighter ($9.99): tank driver droid like they included in the kashyyyk sets. = It's a prequel ship that hasn't been microfighter-d yet, and I thought it would be a nice touch since it came out 2 years ago.

AT-AT microfighter ($9.99): kashyyyk 41st clone or gree. see above

Battle packs:

Snowtrooper battle pack: ($14.99): 2 snowtroopers, veers-style officer, AT-AT driver. Build is the new-style speeder bike, but oversized and seats 2. (It just seems likely to me for some reason, and I pretty much stole the concept from @ArrowBricks, I slightly changed it to make it worse  a bit more likely for lego to make.)

Purge troopers battle pack:($14.99) Cal Kestis, Second Sister, Electrostaff purge trooper, Purge trooper commander. Build is some random Purge trooper vehicle. We would get this almost the exact same length of time after fallen order's release that we got the infearno squad set after battlefront 2's release. (and there's definitely some bias going on, I love that game, and Cal is one of my top 3 favorite star wars characters.)

Duel set:

Exogol duel ($24.99, larger than the standard one by a little bit): Sith throne with palpatine's puppetry thing and some function to throw ben, Ben Solo, Palpatine (sith eternal robes with zombie alternate face), Rey. (I'm astounded they haven't made this yet)

$20-30 OT location set:

Wampa Cave ($29.99): Luke, Wampa, Random Snowtrooper? Cave build with function for upside-down luke to grab his lightsaber. (In keeping with the hoth theme and the fact that almost all these types of sets are OT)

4+ set:($29.99) Speeder Bike Chase: 2 simplified speeder bikes, a tree, endor luke and a scout trooper. (2019 we had primarily ANH 4+ sets, 2020 we had an ESB 4+, so logically 2020 is a ROTJ 4+ set.)

Larger sets:

Octupurra droid ($59.99): 91st recon corps clone, s7 anakin, 2 b1s, large octupurra droid. Trying to balance out OT and PT here. Figure the ST can take the backseat for a wave since their films just finished

AT-TE ($99.99): AT-TE with 2 at-te drivers, Rex, Ahsoka, and Maul. Hinges on this not being the summer exclusive and these figures also not being in the summer wave.

@ARC2149Nova great set ideas, though if we get ANOTHER AT-ST I may have to stop buying lego altogether. 

Also, I'm about halfway done with a T2-B Moc, I liked it's design when I looked it up bc of the earlier discussion. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Alright, guess I'll give the predictions a go!  

BPs:

Mandalore Battle Pack - 2x 332nd Clones, 2x blue Mandalorians (Former Death Watch?  Not sure what the exact name for this faction is) and either a BARC or a cannon.  $14.99

BP based on Mandalorian S2, either Remnants Troopers or something entirely new.  $14.99

4+ Set:

Going to echo the others and say something involving the Endor Speeder Chase since it's one of the major OT vehicles that hasn't been given a 4+ set yet. 

Microfighters:

Cloud Car - We had a planets set of Bespin + Cloud Car and got a remake of this in minifigure scale with the UCS Cloud City, but no Microfighter yet and is a fairly recognizable vehicle.  I'd say either Lobot or a Cloud Car Pilot for the figure.  Lobot might be a bit more attractive from a collector's standpoint, but I know owners of the UCS set would probably pick it up for an extra pilot if they gave us one.  $9.99

Jabba's Sail Barge vs Skiff - Ok, this one is probably wishful thinking, but this would be so cool.  Minifigures could be either Bib Fortuna or a Gamorrean Guard and then either a ROTJ Han Solo or Luke Skywalker.  I think the sail barge could be microfighter-ized pretty well, use angle plates for the sails and a stud shooter as the deck gun.  I may try to MOC that up once I finish with my other main MOC projects, actually.  They may have to include two skiffs or a small Sarlacc in order for it to work out piece-wise, but I think it'd be an awesome set.

Other 3-4 sets:

Duel on Exegol, $24.99.  Not sure if we're still spoiler-ing TROS, so I'll just do it anyway. 

Includes two cloning chambers, Palpatine's throne, and some falling rock functions in the background.  Includes Palpatine, Rey, and Ben Solo. 

Mos Eisley Cantina, $39.99.  Similar to the 2018 release, since they seem more willing to actually produce cantinas now and it's a guaranteed seller.  I'd probably make it around the size of that model but use the parts from the speeder to flesh out the bar a tiny bit more and make it larger.  Minifigures are Ponda Baba, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Greedo, and Ben Kenobi.

Escape from Kijimi, $59.99.  Not sure if we'd get two location based sets so close in price, but who knows. 

Sort of similar to the Prince of Persia 7571 Fight for the Daggar, with a building-ish structure, probably meant to represent Babu Frik's workshop.  I'd include Poe, evil C-3PO, Babu Frik, and 2x First Order stormtroopers.

And then the hopeful part of me wants to include a Republic Y-Wing as the last set priced around $69.99. 

It'd be the blue one and I would include Ahsoka Tano with blue lightsabers and a fabric cloak, Captain Rex, R7-A7, and Jesse or a random 501/332 clone. 

Probably less realistic than some of the other ideas I see, but I figured at least a couple of these could eventually be sets, mostly the Cloud Car microfighter :laugh:

Love the ideas guys and interesting to see we share similar thoughts! I know I went overkill with the Clone Wars but I really do think Lego will do the same. They’d be losing out on lots of potential money if they don’t but I’m sure they’re simply waiting for next year! @Mandalorianknight @Kit Figsto @ARC2149Nova

Okay now onto the summer wave, albeit more difficult. Let’s see your predictions again guys basing it off what you said in Winter! Look forward to the replies! 

I personally think there will be some big Clone Wars sets considering we haven’t had a large prequel set in a long long time. If only we weren’t getting the UCS Gunship because I really want a system scale one! 

Ewok Glider Assault £24.99: Ewok Warrior (x2), Stormtrooper

Obi-Wan’s Jedi Interceptor £29.99: Obi-Wan Kenobi, R4-G9, Tion Medon

Rebel Hovertank (original battlefront) £39.99: Rebel Commando, Rebel Fleet Trooper (x2) OR Cloud City Junkyard £34.99: Chewbacca, C3-P0, E-3PO, Ugnaught

Duel on Exegol £64.99: Palpatine, Rey, Ben Solo, Sith Sovereign Protector (x2)

Moff Gideon’s Tie Fighter £69.99: Moff Gideon, The Mandalorian (Beskar), Incinerator Trooper  

AT-TE Walker £89.99: Captain Vaugh’n, 332nd Clone Trooper, Nite Owl Mandalorian, Rook Kast, Mandalorian Super Commando 

CIS MTT £119.99: Tactical Droid, Commando Droid, Super Battle Droid(x6), Anakin Skywalker, Hunter 

Venator-Class Cruiser £139.99: Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, Republic Officer, 332nd Clone Trooper, 501st Clone Trooper, CH-33P, G-G

Edited by ArrowBricks

Battlepacks:

Siege of Mandalore: The Republic - $15

Minifigures: Captain Vaughn, 2 332nd Troopers, and Death Watch Mandalorian.

Siege of Mandalore: The Shadow Collective - $15

Minifigures: Gar Saxon, 2 Mandalorian Super Commandos, and Pyke Enforcer.

Microfighters: 

Imperial Shuttle - $10

Minifigures: Grand Admiral Sloane

Nebulon-B - $10

Minifigures: General Dodonna

Battle on Utapau - $20

Microfighter build of Grievous's Wheel Bike and Boga

Minifigures: General Grievous and Obi-Wan.

Sets:

Duel on Dagobah - $20

The Dark Side Cave

Minifigures: Dagobah Luke and Vader w/ damaged helmet.

AT-DT - $30

Minifigures: Mimban Stormtrooper, 2 Mudtroopers (with masks)

Imperial Remnants - $40

Imperial Troop Transport

Minfigures: 2 Remnant Stormtroopers, Death Trooper and Incinerator Trooper.

{CW Spoiler} - $60

Spoiler

501st Y-Wing

Recolor of 8037 in white and blue.

Minifigures: Captain Rex, Ahsoka Tano, Jesse, and 332nd.

TIE Bomber - $80

Minifigures: Tie Pilot, Imperial Officer, Imperial communication droid, and Mas Amedda.

Stinger Mantis - $120

Slightly smaller in size than Kylo Ren's shuttle. Wing/engine pieces rotates and has interior space for a cockpit, lounge, and area to customize a lightsaber.

Minifigs: Cal Kestis, Cere Junda, Greez Dritus, Second Sister, and 2 Purge Troopers.

Bonus Legends Set: Battle on Felucia - $50

Bull Rancor, Sarlacc pit, and various jungle flora.

Minifigures: Galen Marek, Shaak Ti, and Maris Brood.

Oooh, good call on the Grievous/Boga microfighters, that would make a ton of sense, especially considering we've already had two creature Microfighters and they've actually worked really well.  The unfortunate part might be that Boga is a bit larger than a Bantha, so it wouldn't work as an actual minifigure-scale build in the same way that the Bantha did, but it'd be a great pair.

As far as some summer set ideas, I'd guess we get maybe 8 sets again:

1 based on The Mandalorian, 2 prequel/TCW based sets, 3 OT based sets, a sequel based set, and then the last one I'm not sure, could be any of those.

Droid Escape.  Includes escape pod.  Minifigures are R2-D2, C-3PO, a Sandtrooper, and maybe a Jawa.  $19.99

Naboo Flash Speeder (need to reach our yearly quota of $20-30 speeder, and this is the next best option after a snowspeeder/landspeeder :laugh:).  Includes Naboo Security guard, Captain Panaka, and 2x Battle Droids.  $29.99

Coruscant Droid Chase.  Includes the small speeder-thingy and loadlifter droid.  Minifigures are Ahsoka Tano (Coruscant underground), Trace and Rafa Martez.  $29.99

Mid-level priced set based on Mando S2, something to occupy a $40-60 price point.  Could also get two sets since LEGO seems to recognize the appeal of the show.  I agree that Gideon's TIE seems likely, especially since Gideon clearly will show up again.  I'd bet either the winter or summer wave has it.  

TIE Bomber - Includes 2x TIE pilot and Captain Needa.  $69.99

Resistance B-Wing - Includes B-Wing pilot and pick any other 3 Resistance minifigures, with at least one main character in there.  $79.99

Battle of Endor - A remake of the 2009 set.  Includes a small AT-ST, a speeder bike, an Ewok rock catapult and the bunker with an exploding satellite dish feature.  Minifigures are Han Solo (Endor), 2x Scout Troopers, Chewbacca, 2x Ewoks, Imperial Officer, and a Rebel Trooper (Endor).  $119.99

If we only get one Mando set, my (also unrealistic) prediction for the 8th set in the line is: Jedha City Ambush - Includes Imperial Hovertank and a small exploding structure.  Minfigures are hovertank driver, a Stormtrooper, Jyn Erso, a Jedha rebel, and Chirrut Imwe.  $49.99

Do I see any of these being made?  Ehh...the Endor and Droid Escape are most due for remakes in my opinion, but beyond that, I have no idea.

18 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Mos Eisley Cantina, $39.99.  Similar to the 2018 release, since they seem more willing to actually produce cantinas now and it's a guaranteed seller.  I'd probably make it around the size of that model but use the parts from the speeder to flesh out the bar a tiny bit more and make it larger.  Minifigures are Ponda Baba, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Greedo, and Ben Kenobi.

Definitely want a new cantina, especially a large one that has a lot of seating space. Though after 3 cantinas, 3 landspeeders, and 2 landing crafts, another Tattoine set without Garindan would be a big missed opportunity.

Ahch-To Library Tree - $30 USD, 250-300 parts, Rey, Luke, Yoda.  Tree opens up for play access to library room, has cabinet with two books.  Also has catapult function to blast Luke out the door.  Includes flames on boat studs to knock over like in City fire sets, Rey's staff, Luke's torch.

Dagobah Dark Side Cave - $30 USD, 250-300 parts, Yoda, Luke, Darth Vader (with Luke face).  Accessories include Luke's backpack, blaster, lightsaber, Darth Vader's lightsaber, snake, Yoda's staff.