darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

ARC-170 -  x3 phase 2 pilots,  phase 2 clone

Imperial Troop Transport - Death trooper, x2 stormtrooper, Flametrooper,  Gideon, Karga

Octuptarra Droid - Commander Bacara galactic marine x2

Edited by Knight of Ren
fixing error

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

TCW season seven wave idea, spoilers ahead for those that have not watched

Hide contents

332nd Company Battle Pack - Includes 3x 332nd troopers and a 501st trooper.  Build is a mini BARC and small command station.  $14.99

Mandalore Battle Pack - Includes 2x Maul Mandalorians and 2x blue Mandalorians.  Build is some general battle scenery.  $14.99

Coruscant Loadlifter Chase - Includes Ahsoka Tano (Coruscant outfit), Trace Martez, and Rafa Martez, with their speeder and loadlifter droid.  $19.99

Duel on Mandalore - Includes a throne room build with a ceiling structure that represents the beams where Maul got captured.  One side has a breakable window.  Includes Darth Maul (robo legs) and Ahsoka Tano.  $29.99

Techno Union Tri-Droid - Includes Anakin Skywalker, Wrecker, Hunter, and a battle droid.  $39.99

Battle on Mandalore - Based on one of the bridge/streets that we saw a lot of fighting on, it would have some rock/debris formations and a lot of exploding features.  Includes Gar Saxon, a Maul Mandalorian soldier, Bo-Katan, a blue Mandalorian, and a 501st trooper.  $49.99

Blue Republic Y-Wing Bomber - Includes Captain Rex, Ahsoka Tano, R7-A7, and a 332nd trooper.  $69.99

Republic Shuttle (RETAIL EXCLUSIVE) - Includes Darth Maul, Jesse, CH-33P, and two 501st troopers.  $69.99

Clone Force 99's Shuttle - Includes Tech, Crosshair, Echo (after joining Clone Force 99), and 2x battle droids.  $89.99

Republic Gunship - based on the landing scene on Mandalore.  Includes Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex (jetpack), 332nd Jetpack trooper, Republic gunship pilot, a Maul Mandalorian and a blue Mandalorian.  $139.99

I would literally go into debt if this wave came out, from the battle packs alone. :laugh: 

An idea for the retail exclusive that's been thrown around in the discussion thread:

AT-TE ($100): AT-TE updated from 2013 version. Comes with Ahsoka, Maul, Saxon, 2 332nd troopers and 2 at-te drivers or however that works for the drivers.

And a may 4 wave of a set from each saga film:

Duel of the fates ($50): build is some of theed palace and some of the duel area with all the walkways. Includes Maul, Kenobi, Qui-Gon, Padme (battle of naboo), and 2 b1s. 

Pentaki Arena ($130): Arena build with pillars and brick-built monsters. Comes with Anakin, Obi-wan, Padme, Dooku, 2 winged geonosians, 2 b1s, 2 b2s, and 2 random jedi.

Clone legions ($60): Sort of a large army-builder. Comes with 2 BARCS and an AV-7. Has a 91st trooper, 501st trooper, 212th trooper, 327th trooper, 212th airbourne, and 41st trooper (white and green design, not the camo).

The Millenium Falcon ($160): millenium falcon (ANH design) with Han, Chewbacca, Leia, Luke, Obi-wan, R2-D2, C-3PO, and Vader.

TIE bomber ($90): TIE bomber with TIE pilot, officer, and 2 stormtroopers.

Speeder Bikes ($30): 2 tree builds and 2 speeder bikes. Comes with endor leia, endor luke, and 2 scout troopers.

Battle on Takodana ($40): smaller version of 2016 set, with rubble, exploding functions, Han, Finn, and 2 stormtroopers.

Duel in the throne room ($25): a mixture of a duel set and battle pack, with Rey, Kylo, and one of each preatorian guard type. Build is some of the throne room with telescope and the thing the one guard is sliced up by.

Final battle ($80): The sith throne, palpatine's apparatus, jar of snokes, some area to represent where kylo fights the knights. Comes with 2 palpatines, zombie-ish and revitalized, as well as ben solo, rey, 2 soviergn protectors and 2 of the knights of ren.

After seeing the J-type 327 Nubian royal starship  on the new LEGO Star Wars game cover, I think it's about time for one 

8 minutes ago, Knight of Ren said:

After seeing the J-type 327 Nubian royal starship  on the new LEGO Star Wars game cover, I think it's about time for one 

Although I’m not impressed by the image (think they could do better) I hope so- I’ve been calling for it on this forum for sometime now! 

I think it’s quite telling that it’s included on there if I’m honest and I’m pretty sure we are going to get the set within 2 years.

When do we get a Yavin Base playset?  While I would like to see a Master Builder Series (or equivalent) at some point, here is a cheaper option that would be less of a financial risk for LEGO:

$40 retailer exclusive--Rebel Base Command Center: Includes computer screens, war room area, and minifigures of Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Mon Mothma, and General Draven

13 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I think it’s quite telling that it’s included on there if I’m honest and I’m pretty sure we are going to get the set within 2 years.

sadly we see alot of stuff in the game that's not in the sets. Molded Banthas, all sorts of figures, etc.

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

When do we get a Yavin Base playset?  While I would like to see a Master Builder Series (or equivalent) at some point, here is a cheaper option that would be less of a financial risk for LEGO:

$40 retailer exclusive--Rebel Base Command Center: Includes computer screens, war room area, and minifigures of Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Mon Mothma, and General Draven

I think the problem with getting a Yavin base set is that there's no conflict on the base itself, so appeal to children is limited. I think an MBS style set would be their best bet, but after Cloud City sold poorly I don't think they'll be inclined to make more anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

sadly we see alot of stuff in the game that's not in the sets. Molded Banthas, all sorts of figures, etc.

I think the problem with getting a Yavin base set is that there's no conflict on the base itself, so appeal to children is limited. I think an MBS style set would be their best bet, but after Cloud City sold poorly I don't think they'll be inclined to make more anytime soon.

I agree with you, but I wonder how well sets like the "Hoth Medical Chamber" sold?  Surely "Luke in a diaper" isn't the most exciting thing for children either?  But maybe that set flopped as hard as Cloud City, I have no idea.  :shrug_oh_well:

I think a smaller set with the Yavin base is more likely than an MBS set of it.  The problem with Cloud City was that it didn't have the appeal to the casual collector that something like the Death Star or even the Ewok Village does, but was too expensive for kids.  Even though the Hoth Medical Chamber set wasn't exactly action packed, it was only $30.  People will buy it just because it's Hoth, or for the 2-1B figure, or whatever.  People aren't going to impulse buy a $350 set that you can only get at LEGO stores or lego.com.  I say that as someone who proudly displays Cloud City, having waited almost ten years for that to finally come back out as a set.  I'd love a Yavin base, but I think the largest size we could get is something like the sketch model, which looked like a $150-ish set.  

Here is my list of The Clone Wars Season 7 potential sets:

75XXX Siege Troopers Battle Pack:  332nd Clone Trooper (x2), Nite Owl Mandalorian (x2)- £12.99

75XXX Mandalorian Super Commando Battle Pack: Rook Kast, Mandalorian Super Commando (x3)- £12.99

75XXX Ahsoka's Speeder Bike & Loadlifter: Ahsoka Tano (Coruscant), Trace Martez- £24.99

75XXX Droid Tri Fighter: Battle Droid Pilot, Admiral Trench- £34.99

75XXX Separatist Tri-Droid: Super Tactical Droid, Battle Droid (x2), Obi-Wan Kenobi, Commander Cody- £49.99

75XXX Republic Z-95 Headhunter: Mace Windu, 501st Clone Pilot, Clone Trooper (Anaxes)- £59.99

75XXX The Silver Angel: Ahsoka Tano (Coruscant), Trace Martez, Rafa Martez, Pyke Syndicate (x2)- £64.99

75XXX Republic Y-Wing (Blue): Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, CH-33P, Clone Trooper Shiny (Phase II)- £64.99

75XXX Mandalorian Gauntlet Fighter: Darth Maul, Governor Almec (Mandalorian Helmet), Nite Owl Mandalorian- £74.99

75XXX The Havoc Marauder: Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Crosshair- £84.99 

75XXX AT-TE Walker: Captain Vaughn, 332nd Clone Trooper (x2), Gar Saxon, Mandalorian Super Commando- £89.99

75XXX Republic Prisoner Shuttle: Darth Maul, Ursa Wren, Clone Pilot (Yellow generic phase II), Clone Shock Trooper (x2)- £89.99 (Will have the prisoner capsule + extra cargo hold on bottom)

75XXX CIS Super Battle Droid MTT: Tactical Droid, Commando Droid, Super Battle Droid (x6), Anakin Skywalker, Clone Trooper Jesse- £119.99

75XXX Republic Gunship: Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, Bo Katan, 332nd Clone Trooper (Jetpack), Green Clone Pilot, Mandalorian Super Commando (x2)- £139.99

75XXX Venator Class Cruiser: Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, Republic Officer, 332nd Clone Trooper, 501st Clone Trooper, R7-A7, G-G- £139.99

Edited by ArrowBricks

12 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I agree with you, but I wonder how well sets like the "Hoth Medical Chamber" sold?  Surely "Luke in a diaper" isn't the most exciting thing for children either?  But maybe that set flopped as hard as Cloud City, I have no idea.  :shrug_oh_well:

Forgot about that thing. I guess it would depend on how well that sold, though like you say I wouldn't expect many kids to want "leia sits there as luke floats in a tank in his underwear" either. But don't get me wrong, I'd love a rebel command center, and if they can make a set like hoth medical chamber, they can probably make a yavin set too.

Although I'd prefer a MBS yavin set, or maybe something like Vader's castle, but like you said those are bigger risks for lego.

A set of each of those sizes (there will be overlap, it'd be one of these of the three, not all of them at once):

Yavin base ($29.99): command center area with a sliding door and holotables/consoles. Comes with Leia, Mon Mothma, and a rebel fleet trooper.

Yavin temple ($129.99): build is not as tall as vader's castle, only 2 floors, but has a larger base. Hanger with x-wing in a similar size to vader's tie from the castle, command center, medal hallway, small armory. Comes with Luke (yellow jacket, molded medal), han (molded medal), Leia, Mon Mothma, and 2 rebel fleet troopers.

Yavin temple ($349.99): Much larger build, similar size to the top half of the death star, but is made to look like the temple itself. Has a large hanger with midi-sized x-wing and y-wing, command center, ceremony hallway, armory, breifing room, etc, as well as a midi-sized TIE fighter. Comes with Luke (yellow jacket, molded medal), han (molded medal), Leia, Mon Mothma, General Dodanna, Chewbacca, Wedge, Biggs, r2-d2, other astromech, 4 rebel honor guard, 2 rebel fleet troopers, 2 rebel technicians, "rebel friend" (rebel fleet trooper with red undershirt from the old lego star wars game), stormtrooper, and TIE pilot.

The last season of clone wars was such a character centric one it's hard to come up with set ideas from Lego's perspective. ( No sister Martez centric sets, have mercy )

One of the few things I can come up with that would be fun for kids and collectors is Squad 99 ''Bad Batch'' with their shuttle or the mandalorian star ship we saw with the mandalore arc. 

I think everyone would be universally happy if they'd just release something with both Rex and Ahsoka to be honest, those were the main characters of this season. 

On 5/5/2020 at 2:45 AM, Knight of Ren said:

That would be AMAZING if they actually made this. The chrome parts alone would make this set cost $$$ if Lego went that route.

One idea is that they should make a battle pack for each clone batallion for army building. Imagine the end of episode 2 the clone wars where it shows the grand army of republic but in lego version and each group is taken up by a clone batallion. Also have a set related to each batallion that consists of key batallion figures. For example, maybe a set that has phase 2 captain rex, fives and echo with a vehicle or so. And then the army builder version will have a variation of 501st troopers. In the end, we will have anakin skywalker as the jedi general, a couple key clones that belong to his batallion and am army behind them. Same goes for commander cody, commander bly, commander Wolfe. Like come on, we get so many sets where we get jedi and we cant army build with them. Which is why we need to be heard, need to be heard so us army builders can build an army, not just for phase 2 shinies but for battalions. If we were able to be heard for the 2020 501st battalion, then we can work together to be heard for this

15 hours ago, 501stover212th said:

If we were able to be heard for the 2020 501st battalion, then we can work together to be heard for this

God I hope not

2 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

God I hope not

As much as I like clone battalions, I'm gonna have to agree with you here. The 501st campaign may have started meaning well but it quickly became annoying and sounding entitled, and the scenario @501stover212th is, meaning no offense to him, incredibly unrealistic to expect. If i'm reading this right, he's saying they "need to be heard" that lego has to make more battle packs not only of the clone legions, but sets containing all the major named clones of each legion alongside them. Even assuming lego did this, it would either be spread out along a REALLY long time (which is fine, 1-2 clone sets a wave would be great), or it'd be a few years of basically only getting GAR sets, which would be terrible not only for sales but for any fans that like any bit of star wars besides the republic. Again, I'm all for getting more clone sets, but let's make our voices heard with our wallets by buying up that 501st set, not with unrealistic "demands".

On 5/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, TheApatheticOne said:

That would be AMAZING if they actually made this. The chrome parts alone would make this set cost $$$ if Lego went that route.

The best solution I've heard for this is using stickers on existing light gray parts, sort of like the mirror stickers used in the Creator lighthouse from ~8 years ago.  Would people complain about this?  Probably, but it'd keep costs down and probably look half decent still. 

Also, yeah, I really hope people don't start "campaigning" again because that was super obnoxious.  Even though I'll probably end up buying the 501st set, I was sort of against it just because of the principle of the matter.  Next time people want another set, I feel like we'll see something similar because the logic is that Lego gave in once, so they'll do it again.

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

The best solution I've heard for this is using stickers on existing light gray parts, sort of like the mirror stickers used in the Creator lighthouse from ~8 years ago.  Would people complain about this?  Probably, but it'd keep costs down and probably look half decent still. 

Also, yeah, I really hope people don't start "campaigning" again because that was super obnoxious.  Even though I'll probably end up buying the 501st set, I was sort of against it just because of the principle of the matter.  Next time people want another set, I feel like we'll see something similar because the logic is that Lego gave in once, so they'll do it again.

Hmmm that would work but I wonder how it would age. Some of my older sets the stickers really degrade.

The only "campaigning" ill participate in is for a UCS Gonk Droid :)

I think the only way we'll get good army builders (not just for the Republic), is if we get more troopers per set. Instead of like 1 Stormtrooper in a set that costs $100, make it 2. Simply put.

My Ideal Army of the Republic set:

($299.99): Republic Dropship, AT-TE, AV-7, Command Center. Commander Cody, 4x 212th Troopers, 2x Airborne Troopers, 2x Clone Pilots, 2x Clone Gunners (I'm a huge 212th fan)

Mix it up for different battalions (AT-OT for 327th, UT-AT for Nova Corps, A6 for Kashyyyk), mod some vehicles for different factions (AT-AT and AT-ST for Empire, Rebel fighters, various large droids for the CIS).

Honestly, any way to army build figures for less than 10 per $100 on bricklink is fine by me.

And, new idea for this summer's retail exclusive:

Spoiler

Republic Y-Wing: Captain Rex, Ahsoka Tano, R7-A7, 332nd Trooper

As an aside, I love that Ridge (a clone from the 2008 movie) appeared in the final episode. So our first 332nd Trooper shall be named Ridge in honor of a veteran trooper.

13 hours ago, TheApatheticOne said:

The only "campaigning" ill participate in is for a UCS Gonk Droid :)

#wewantaucsgonkdroid, I'm flying to denmark now to stand outside the LEGO house with an amplifier playing gonk droid noises. :grin:

Unironically I actually think that a gonk droid in the style of yoda or porg could sell well.

11 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I think the only way we'll get good army builders (not just for the Republic), is if we get more troopers per set. Instead of like 1 Stormtrooper in a set that costs $100, make it 2. Simply put.

My Ideal Army of the Republic set:

($299.99): Republic Dropship, AT-TE, AV-7, Command Center. Commander Cody, 4x 212th Troopers, 2x Airborne Troopers, 2x Clone Pilots, 2x Clone Gunners (I'm a huge 212th fan)

Mix it up for different battalions (AT-OT for 327th, UT-AT for Nova Corps, A6 for Kashyyyk), mod some vehicles for different factions (AT-AT and AT-ST for Empire, Rebel fighters, various large droids for the CIS).

Honestly, any way to army build figures for less than 10 per $100 on bricklink is fine by me.

Yeah, I feel like just increasing the number of army-builder figures per set would make them a lot easier to get. I mean, just look at the bricklink prices of 501st troopers, or even the 212th troopers that came in a battle pack and now cost more than the battle pack did at release.

As for the Army of the Republic set, I had a kind of similar idea awhile back of sort of "starter sets" for factions, though they were more like slightly enlarged 501st battle packs than your idea of massive sets that can have stuff like AT-ATs and republic dropships. I like the idea of massive sets that have basically an entire faction, if you'll allow me to try a few:

($299.99) Grand Army of the Republic: AT-TE, AV-7 (between sizes of it's standalone set and the battle pack it was in), LAAT, 2x AT-RTs (accurately sized), 2x BARC speeders, 4x p2 shinies, 2x 501st, 2x 212th, 2x clone pilot, Rex, Cody, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-wan, based on their season 3-5 character models, but still in the normal style without the weird eyes.

($299.99) Separatist alliance: Hailfire droid, Octupurra droid, Droid gunship, platoon attack craft, 2x droidika, 2x dwarf spider droid, 12x b1s, 6x b2s, 4x bx commandos, commando captain, Dooku, Grievous, Cad Bane(I don't really know who to put for the last named character)

($299.99) Rebel alliance (had to get creative, they only have one well known ground vehicle): U-wing, t-47 snowspeeder, stolen juggernaut tank, X-34 with repeating blaster mounted like in battlefront 2, speeder bike, p-tower, DF-9, 4x rebel trooper, 2x honor guard, 2x rebel commando, 2x snowspeeder pilot, 1x rebel pilot, Han, Chewbacca, Leia (hoth), Luke (yavin jacket, no medal).

($299.99) Galactic empire: AT-AT, AT-ST, imperial dropship, E-web, 2 speeder bikes, 4x stormtrooper, 2x scout trooper, 2x at-at pilots, 1x at-st pilot, 1x shuttle pilot, stormtrooper commander, stormtrooper seargent, Vader, Palptine, Tarkin.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

16 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Apollo 11 Lunar Lander has the shiny gold stickers, but does also have some gold ink (I think that's the color name) pieces as well. It looks ok for that purpose. But that set is naturally broken up by the design of the craft, which separates the different sections of gold nicely. Unfortunately, for the J-type 327 Nubian, I think it'd be hard to pull off the same way. You'd really need the entire exterior to be Metallic Silver. I'm sure designers from other lines would love to play with a wide variety of tiles, slopes, etc. in that color! :)

I imagine that ship will only be viable as a UCS set, and it might have to be a little smaller than people would want, to keep the piece count down a little to account for the number of pieces that would be needed in a new color. But that set would probably set really well even for piecing things out.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As for the Army of the Republic set, I had a kind of similar idea awhile back of sort of "starter sets" for factions, though they were more like slightly enlarged 501st battle packs than your idea of massive sets that can have stuff like AT-ATs and republic dropships. I like the idea of massive sets that have basically an entire faction, if you'll allow me to try a few:

($299.99) Grand Army of the Republic: AT-TE, AV-7 (between sizes of it's standalone set and the battle pack it was in), LAAT, 2x AT-RTs (accurately sized), 2x BARC speeders, 4x p2 shinies, 2x 501st, 2x 212th, 2x clone pilot, Rex, Cody, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-wan, based on their season 3-5 character models, but still in the normal style without the weird eyes.

($299.99) Separatist alliance: Hailfire droid, Octupurra droid, Droid gunship, platoon attack craft, 2x droidika, 2x dwarf spider droid, 12x b1s, 6x b2s, 4x bx commandos, commando captain, Dooku, Grievous, Cad Bane(I don't really know who to put for the last named character)

($299.99) Rebel alliance (had to get creative, they only have one well known ground vehicle): U-wing, t-47 snowspeeder, stolen juggernaut tank, X-34 with repeating blaster mounted like in battlefront 2, speeder bike, p-tower, DF-9, 4x rebel trooper, 2x honor guard, 2x rebel commando, 2x snowspeeder pilot, 1x rebel pilot, Han, Chewbacca, Leia (hoth), Luke (yavin jacket, no medal).

($299.99) Galactic empire: AT-AT, AT-ST, imperial dropship, E-web, 2 speeder bikes, 4x stormtrooper, 2x scout trooper, 2x at-at pilots, 1x at-st pilot, 1x shuttle pilot, stormtrooper commander, stormtrooper seargent, Vader, Palptine, Tarkin.

These are good ideas. I'd also maybe throw in a T2-B for the Rebels, given how Lego's not opposed to using Legends vehicles. Also replace Cad Bane with Asajj Ventress. :wink:

I for one have always loved the ground battles moreso than the space ones (I know, sacrilege.), so it bums me out that Lego-wise there are so many starfighters and not a lot of ground vehicles. But speeders and random craft aplenty.

On 5/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

These are good ideas. I'd also maybe throw in a T2-B for the Rebels, given how Lego's not opposed to using Legends vehicles. Also replace Cad Bane with Asajj Ventress. :wink:

I for one have always loved the ground battles moreso than the space ones (I know, sacrilege.), so it bums me out that Lego-wise there are so many starfighters and not a lot of ground vehicles. But speeders and random craft aplenty.

I honestly can't believe ventress slipped my mind. And I love both ground and space battles the same, but I think it's more so that there haven't been as many prequel sets as the reason for lack of ground vehicles. The hovertank, AT-ST, AT-AT, and the T-47, so the only combat ground vehicles we really see in the OT and rebellion-era films all have/will have sets from 2016-2020, which isn't that bad. I think the reason is threefold why we have the OT ground vehicles but not PT. 1: due to the new films, there was less stuff for the older films RO was OT era, so it got the hovertank and AT-ST. 2: empire strikes back's anniversary seems to have been part of the reason for the AT-AT, and 3: lego is addicted to snowspeeders/landspeeders.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I love both ground and space battles the same, but I think it's more so that there haven't been as many prequel sets as the reason for lack of ground vehicles. The hovertank, AT-ST, AT-AT, and the T-47, so the only combat ground vehicles we really see in the OT and rebellion-era films all have/will have sets from 2016-2020, which isn't that bad. I think the reason is threefold why we have the OT ground vehicles but not PT. 1: due to the new films, there was less stuff for the older films RO was OT era, so it got the hovertank and AT-ST. 2: empire strikes back's anniversary seems to have been part of the reason for the AT-AT, and 3: lego is addicted to snowspeeders/landspeeders.

Like I've said before, the sequels really screwed us vehicle wise. No battles to really replicate (sans Crait) except for micro scale (Starkiller Base, D'Qar), and even then it's damn near impossible (Exegol), because we have nothing but starfighters (and random non-com ships to boot).  And the ground vehicles we do get are either repeats of OT models (AT-M6), or a camera on legs :laugh: (Scout Walker).

Rogue One had some killer concept art when it was first announced, and it was exciting to see Alliance Special Forces, in the rain, running out to meet their foes. As much as I like Rogue One, I do wish it was more "boots on the ground". The hovertank is nice, but again, where are the Rebel vehicles? In the old EU they had the T2-B for instance, which remains one of my favorite ground vehicles for the rebels, and the MPTL-2a, which is essentially a Juggernaut for the Alliance. You really can't fight a war with fighters alone. And I know that canonically the Rebels stole a bunch of equipment, but they obviously got supplied goods of their own, otherwise they'd look even less organized.

Long story short, lore-wise Disney doesn't provide much when it comes to ground combat. But, Lego's given us random vehicles from Legends before (Sandspeeder most notably, but other non-canon craft as well), so ideally, they should do a random set like that every year or so. Especially now that there aren't any more movies or tv shows coming out (with few exceptions). So instead of tying sets to the movies/tv shows, they should do like a generic "Star Wars" set. Throw in some Rebels and some Stormtroopers and call it good. Probably will never ever happen, but hey, one can dream right? :grin:

49 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Like I've said before, the sequels really screwed us vehicle wise. No battles to really replicate (sans Crait) except for micro scale (Starkiller Base, D'Qar), and even then it's damn near impossible (Exegol), because we have nothing but starfighters (and random non-com ships to boot).  And the ground vehicles we do get are either repeats of OT models (AT-M6), or a camera on legs :laugh: (Scout Walker).

Rogue One had some killer concept art when it was first announced, and it was exciting to see Alliance Special Forces, in the rain, running out to meet their foes. As much as I like Rogue One, I do wish it was more "boots on the ground". The hovertank is nice, but again, where are the Rebel vehicles? In the old EU they had the T2-B for instance, which remains one of my favorite ground vehicles for the rebels, and the MPTL-2a, which is essentially a Juggernaut for the Alliance. You really can't fight a war with fighters alone. And I know that canonically the Rebels stole a bunch of equipment, but they obviously got supplied goods of their own, otherwise they'd look even less organized.

Long story short, lore-wise Disney doesn't provide much when it comes to ground combat. But, Lego's given us random vehicles from Legends before (Sandspeeder most notably, but other non-canon craft as well), so ideally, they should do a random set like that every year or so. Especially now that there aren't any more movies or tv shows coming out (with few exceptions). So instead of tying sets to the movies/tv shows, they should do like a generic "Star Wars" set. Throw in some Rebels and some Stormtroopers and call it good. Probably will never ever happen, but hey, one can dream right? :grin:

I don't know, I think we should let legends die, at least set wise. They lose the iconicity most canon sets have, and they'd be taking spots other sets could take. That said, they made the sandspeeder, so who knows what lego will or won't do.

Totally agree about the sequels though, even though I think they're good films (except TLJ), and the idea that they'd be using newer models of old ships makes sense, but almost EVERYTHING was an updated version of an OT vehicle. Would it have killed them to give us a resistance tank? 

I'll attempt to create sets in the style of the above for the resistance and first order:

($299.99): The Resistance: Resistance transport, Ski speeder, 2x Gian-211 patrol speeder, scavenged Imperial AT-ST, DF.12 com turret,6x resistance trooper, 2x resistance pilot, 2x resistance officer, Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, General Leia.

($299.99): The first order: First order troop transport, First Order AT-AT (no, not AT-M6), First order AT-ST, 4x first order stormtrooper, 2x first order heavy stormtrooper, 2x flametrooper, 3x first order walker driver, Hux, Phasma, Kylo Ren, BB-9E.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
accidentally sent while typing

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't know, I think we should let legends die, at least set wise. They lose the iconicity most canon sets have, and they'd be taking spots other sets could take. That said, they made the sandspeeder, so who knows what lego will or won't do.

Legends has it's fans, and most sets that Lego could make, they don't. We've needed Padme's Royal Starships, SPHA-Ts, Numerous Trade Federation and CIS vehicles, and not to mention the various craft of the Rebellion (talking fleet-wise). To be fair, smaller sets don't have a lot of options, hence so many Speeders of various designs, but digging deep into old games and whatnot could work. Even just doing EU stuff in general would be nice, and I mean the comics specifically. Might not lead to more ground vehicles, but different craft in general.

Tl;dr, at least Legends sets are better than stuff like Yoda Chronicles and Freemakers! :laugh: (E-Wing excluded)

As for that First Order set, I had to look up that AT-AT. Disney really gave no cares. It's one of those funny things about Star Wars, in 20 years we go from Venators and ARC-170s to ISDs and X-Wings (actually more like 5 years in-universe), but the X-Wing design has been in service for like 35 years, and Y-Wing for like 50. Legends did the same thing (X-Wings were around for like, ever :grin:) but at least we got E-Wings, K-Wings, Various cruiser types and so on. It just makes Lego-life harder because for our OT sets (and ST sets for the discerning), we'll only get the same old designs, most of which have been perfected recently. PT sets may get some love, but Lego's very shy about taking risks. Which is fine, if not a little boring. Hopefully break out sets like the 501st Battle Pack will sell well enough to let them know to make more niche sets (even though everyone loves the 501st).

Ideally, now with the movies out of the way, we can go back to previous movie-less times (2006-2015) where everyone got a little love.