darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

On 06/08/2017 at 7:00 PM, Legoman123 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on an UCS Cloud City in 2018?

UCS Cloud city is to AFOLs what Half Life 3 is to fan of the series. 

19 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Just imagine, if you will, that THIS is the UCS and NOT the MF!

42 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

Just imagine, if you will, that THIS is the UCS and NOT the MF!

Wishfull thinking, everyone and their mother knows it's the MF. :wacko:

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

LOL!

What about a The Jedi Temple?  I find it incredible how we haven't seen that as an UCS set yet.  It is most iconic building of prequel trilogy and possibly the saga. 

After seeing an early release of a Porg soft toy, I'm wondering if we'll ever see Lego versions of them. Maybe they could reuse the body mold from the Nexo Knights scurriers!

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Oh and we need to see a new Mos Eisley as I personally think the last one was a huge letdown.  

I agree!

A Mos Eysley UCS would be fantastic IMO

8 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

I agree!

A Mos Eysley UCS would be fantastic IMO

I thought the set was pretty cool myself. I can see where it could have been a bigger/UCS, but there are only so many "big" sets each year and at that time there were already 5-6 UCS sets on shelves (xwing, tie, slave 1, sandcrawler, Death Star, Ewok village)...

Edited by thorin

13 hours ago, Brickdad said:

For me, Mos Eisley UCS with a ton of minifigs is right up there with Cloud City UCS as a major WANT.

Only it's even less likely, with multiple Tattooine sets released in the last few years. But after how they've burnt themselves with the Hoth set, I believe they'll sooner release an updated UCS anything really than another location based one. (and honestly, if it would look like Hoth, I'd rather not have it)

remake of the ghost and phantom 1 as well as ucs versions

rebels stardestroyer, sentinel shuttle, cw dreadnoughts, ucs death star( the size of the ucs death star II) imperial light cruiser, interdictors, rebel frigates, tantive IV and don't make me prattle on on every set needed

In the past few years, Lego has released several cheap sets, none costing more than $30 that have included Luke, Obi Wan, C3PO, R2, Yoda, Vader, two Hans, two Bobas, the Emperor, Chewie, Dengar, Bossk, IG88 and 4LOM. 

I'd love to get a cheaper set that includes Leia. The most realistic one I can imagine happening is an Endor themed set with her, Wicket, another Ewok, a Scouttrooper and maybe 3PO. I missed the Ewok Village set so this would be desirable for me at least. 

I cant picture a good set with any action features for the Death Star escape or a cheap Bespin playset including her, and I doubt we'll ever get another Slave Leia set, or a Hoth themed set so soon after that recent mess, so Endor is all that really works for her. 

Saw a news bit, on screen rant, about a SW themed LEGO Set due out in October - 7,451 pcs eclipsing the previous largest LEGO set, the Taj Mahal that itself had 5922 pcs (great regret that I only bought one of that Taj set in 2010). No details on what this set would be about. Speculation abounds

1 hour ago, Bernie56 said:

Saw a news bit, on screen rant, about a SW themed LEGO Set due out in October - 7,451 pcs eclipsing the previous largest LEGO set, the Taj Mahal that itself had 5922 pcs (great regret that I only bought one of that Taj set in 2010). No details on what this set would be about. Speculation abounds

Either you have been living under a rock for the last couple of weeks or just did not pay attention :). Jokes aside: it is all confirmed that it is the UCS Millennium Falcon coming.

Edited by ZeeM
typo

I really want to see a new Republic Gunship set as I missed out on the 2008 and 2013 ones, along with a Geonosian Arena set. Both of those would be a dream come true for me. 

I'm excited by the ISD silhouette on the new MF poster. It'll save me some Bricklink troubles and all I'd need to buy is additional greebling :)

On 24/08/2017 at 0:22 PM, ZeeM said:

Either you have been living under a rock for the last couple of weeks or just did not pay attention :). Jokes aside: it is all BUT confirmed that it is the UCS Millennium Falcon coming.

Corrected ;)

I might have missed this above, but does anyone think we'll get any more Rogue One sets now? That cargo shuttle looked pretty sweet in the movie. :)

1 hour ago, Spongebob456 said:

I might have missed this above, but does anyone think we'll get any more Rogue One sets now? That cargo shuttle looked pretty sweet in the movie. :)

It would have to be a big set and for that it isn't important nor iconic enough.

I don't know, I'd argue that Cargo Shuttle is iconic enough. It shows up in multiple scenes in the film, it is the vehicle which is used to transport our heroes to the final battle... its where the callsign "Rogue One" came from... Besides with the Han Solo Film in production set in the same era, what is not to say the Cargo Shuttle design will return in a future film?

I could see it being done as a large summer set. Put in a few main characters in a different mix. I imagine if it is made enough time would have passed since the first wave of sets many of the main characters would no longer be available on the market in their original sets. I think Bodhi Rook and Jyn are the two most likely characters to include; although I could also see Chirrut/Baze or K2S0 if the set was big enough. Since Cassian has seen releases in two sets with Jyn prior, I wouldn't mind to see him omitted from this one.Throw in a small squad of deathtroopers, a nameless rebel soldier, and voila! we have a basic start to the Battle of Scarrif. Even better, include a small terminal side build and some rope and it has a built in "play feature" where we can run Bodhi from the terminal to the ship with the rope in tow.

However I would also be equally impressed to see the AT-ATC made in Lego form too. Maybe it could be a double whammy release. We know that if Han Solo drops in May, then the 2018 Winter Set wave will be the first Lego Star Wars Winter Wave NOT to have to tie into any specific Star Wars release. And by then the AT-M6 would have aged enough it probably would have began to vanish from the market... So we could have the 2018 Winter Wave with the Cargo Shuttle and the AT-ATC as Rogue One call backs. Put Krennic and Cassian into the AT-ATC set along with the other characters the Cargo Shuttle lacked. Give Krennic a new face print since his original figure lacked a double sided head. Make sure the AT-ATC is designed to have some REAL interior space and some cargo. It would be awesome if the cargo module was well, modular and actually came out of the build! Include another Scarrif trooper and a AT-ATC pilot exclusive figure to round out the cast. I know neither Krennic or Cassian shared the screen with the AT-ATC in the film but if Iron Man can fight the Mandarin in a flaming golf cart in the Lego world, well screw it! ;)