darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I'm still waiting patiently for a Senate set with Sidious and Yoda and hopefully the inclusion of Mas Ameda! It's been long overdue and that variant of Sidious has been overdue too.

The Senate duel is of course overdue. It's a key scene of Star Wars and the Senate a key place. Moreover, it should sell well I think. And for a lightsaber duel set, it would come with something more concrete than parts of wall. I think such a set will include two senatorial platforms, the throne and something to hold it all, with maybe a pipe for escaping Yoda. Mas Amedda should be in with Yoda and Sidious, it would be a great fig and a new alien species, A shocktrooper or a new senate guard whould be appropriate too.

3 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Yeah, I really want to see the TIE Defender. It'd put the new Nexo Knights mechs' shield pieces to good use, like the upcoming Tracker I from Freemakers.

Any idea what's up with the dearth of Rebels sets? We're only getting the Phantom for the entire year. I'd think that Lego would want to capitalize on the Rebels TV show by giving us more Rebels sets, like they did with The Clone Wars.

apparently the rebels sets don't move as much as the others. Which is puzzling to me given the two huge freemaker sets which are going to be released. I wonder if people at lego have considered the possibility that the reason they aren't as popular isn't because it says "rebels" on the box, but because the sets themselves are pretty mediocre. Minifigures especially. Again, strange because there is plenty of interesting source material.

10 minutes ago, atlas said:

I wonder if people at lego have considered the possibility that the reason they aren't as popular isn't because it says "rebels" on the box, but because the sets themselves are pretty mediocre. Minifigures especially.

This is why I've stayed away.  I know the source material is animated, but if the minifigures looked like the traditional Star Wars minifigures, I'd be more inclined to buy some.  As it stands, the Rebels minifigs just don't look right mixed in with Star Wars creations.

8 minutes ago, atlas said:

apparently the rebels sets don't move as much as the others. Which is puzzling to me given the two huge freemaker sets which are going to be released. I wonder if people at lego have considered the possibility that the reason they aren't as popular isn't because it says "rebels" on the box, but because the sets themselves are pretty mediocre. Minifigures especially. Again, strange because there is plenty of interesting source material.

They ''don't move as much as the others'' to a point main toys shop don't want any of them. Most of the sets in the theme are either over priced, plain and the show doesn't get nearly as much views as Clone Wars. 

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

They ''don't move as much as the others'' to a point main toys shop don't want any of them. Most of the sets in the theme are either over priced, plain and the show doesn't get nearly as much views as Clone Wars. 

The problem is price and competition from 2 movies released in short sequence. There is abundance of sets available.

I really like rebels, so i buy all sets. There are some mediocre like the combat frigate, but it has also some gems like the TIE advanced and the AT-DP

The most ludicrous examples of overpriced are  the phantom 2 because of a thrawn figure and the vader's tie vs a wing, because of vader.

So we haven't seen Ep 3 Anakin Skywalker minifigure in 3 years, any chance we'll get some Ep 3 sets next year? I'd like to get updated Anakin! But timing is the biggest issue: Han Solo Movie is still coming out in May , so that means we'll get sets based on the movie 3 months in advance as we've had for past 2 years. February release date probably means Lego will merge traditional January wave with Han Solo movie sets. What does this mean for non Ep 8 , Han Solo movie sets? None of them in winter wave, or the waves will be separate? Thoughts?

8 hours ago, kibosh said:

This is why I've stayed away.  I know the source material is animated, but if the minifigures looked like the traditional Star Wars minifigures, I'd be more inclined to buy some.  As it stands, the Rebels minifigs just don't look right mixed in with Star Wars creations.

Actually, they fit in with regular SW figs perfectly. I don't see the difference. It's not like TCW where they had those horribly ugly eyes and faces.

11 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Actually, they fit in with regular SW figs perfectly. I don't see the difference. It's not like TCW where they had those horribly ugly eyes and faces.

Are those stormtroopers with the horribly exaggerated mouths from TCW or Rebels?

31 minutes ago, kibosh said:

Are those stormtroopers with the horribly exaggerated mouths from TCW or Rebels?

The stormtrooper helmets are literally the only thing that is different. TCW figs had faces that made many characters completely uninteresting, Rebels faces look fine. Compare TCW Ahsoka to Rebels Ahsoka, for example.

Rebels sets have the problem that a) there are new movies to compete with, and movies obviously are higher priority; b) that many Rebels vehicles are just OT repeats that would sell better as Ep IV or V sets (say, Y-Wings, TIEs, Star Destroyers, AT-ATs...), and c) that the few good sets they've released have been sadly overpriced (the Combat Frigate and A-Wing vs TIE are really well designed, but are more expensive than comparable sets from movies).

It's hard to come up with reasonable Rebels sets if you think about it. The TIE Defender maybe, the Imperial Light Cruiser...and those would still have the problem that Rebels figs are unappealing if you don't watch the show.

On 6.3.2017 at 7:15 PM, benderisgreat said:

So we haven't seen Ep 3 Anakin Skywalker minifigure in 3 years, any chance we'll get some Ep 3 sets next year? I'd like to get updated Anakin! But timing is the biggest issue: Han Solo Movie is still coming out in May , so that means we'll get sets based on the movie 3 months in advance as we've had for past 2 years. February release date probably means Lego will merge traditional January wave with Han Solo movie sets. What does this mean for non Ep 8 , Han Solo movie sets? None of them in winter wave, or the waves will be separate? Thoughts?

I think we haven't seen an Anakin Skywalker at all in the last 3 years with the last one being the 2003 Clone Wars minifig with blonde hair.

On 3/7/2017 at 4:15 AM, benderisgreat said:

I hadn't considered this, but I think we won't be getting a January wave in favour of a February wave consisting primarily of Han Solo sets, probably with some battle packs and a couple Ep 8 sets. But I also think we could be seeing a small wave of regular sets in September 2018 to make up for it.

I have absolutely zero love for Rebels so the lack of sets doesn't bother me. Had the set choices been interesting perhaps. I'm honestly waiting for another TIE Bomber. It's tremendously overdue. 

On 3/6/2017 at 0:15 PM, benderisgreat said:

So we haven't seen Ep 3 Anakin Skywalker minifigure in 3 years, any chance we'll get some Ep 3 sets next year? I'd like to get updated Anakin!

I hope if we do get him, it's in something other than a Jedi Starfighter. Maybe and updated Palpatine's Arrest or something entirely new such as the Invisible Hand. I think the gap between the Han Solo movie and Episode 9 will give Lego a chance to catch up on some of the other movies.

Palpatine's Areest would be a great set to update, as Anakin and Kit could both use a once over. Maybe even updated Jedi with robe printing instead of capes. 

On the flip side Invisible Hand with Grievous caped would be awesome. 

I too would like to see an updated Palpatine's Arrest, since it is one of the few early-modern sets I don't have, it came with a lot of great minifigs, and prices for it on eBay are astronomical. But it seems like environmental sets don't get reissued all that often (if ever) in favor of vehicles, many of which get released over and over with only minor improvements (see: Land Speeder, Skiff, AT-TE, Sith Interceptor, etc.) And, it's a prequel set without much play value, which works against it. My guess is the next environment to get a reissue would be the Endor Bunker, given its minifigs aren't modern and the Ewok Village seems to have sold well. Only thing going against it is the Scarif Bunker, which is similar conceptually/aesthetically.

One giant hole in the Rogue One sets is, well, Rogue One. I imagine Rogue One movie sets are done forever, but is there any talk of making a set of Rogue One?

If not, has anyone done a MOC?

1 hour ago, daryen said:

One giant hole in the Rogue One sets is, well, Rogue One. I imagine Rogue One movie sets are done forever, but is there any talk of making a set of Rogue One?

If not, has anyone done a MOC?

I'd love if we got that. Even better if it opens up like the last Falcon so you can see inside the main compartment, cockpit, lower escape hatch, etc. But if it is made it needs to have the entire crew: Cassian, Jyn, Baze, Chirrut, K-2, Bodhi, and a couple Rebel troops (Pao and Melshi for sure). :classic:

Edited by Hell_Hawk_33

On 3/7/2017 at 7:21 AM, Supersonic said:

The stormtrooper helmets are literally the only thing that is different. TCW figs had faces that made many characters completely uninteresting, Rebels faces look fine. Compare TCW Ahsoka to Rebels Ahsoka, for example.

Rebels sets have the problem that a) there are new movies to compete with, and movies obviously are higher priority; b) that many Rebels vehicles are just OT repeats that would sell better as Ep IV or V sets (say, Y-Wings, TIEs, Star Destroyers, AT-ATs...), and c) that the few good sets they've released have been sadly overpriced (the Combat Frigate and A-Wing vs TIE are really well designed, but are more expensive than comparable sets from movies).

It's hard to come up with reasonable Rebels sets if you think about it. The TIE Defender maybe, the Imperial Light Cruiser...and those would still have the problem that Rebels figs are unappealing if you don't watch the show.

I disagree. While I am no fan of the show it uses a lot of good material. For example, the V1 AT-AT is a very interesting concept but you also have other things like the TIE Interceptor, Jet Troopers, Interdictor cruisers, and Gozanti Surveillance ships. Although you would be using a lot of sources again and again which I understand. Lego could've even done Imperial Super Commandos.

1 hour ago, Helghan said:

I disagree. While I am no fan of the show it uses a lot of good material. For example, the V1 AT-AT is a very interesting concept but you also have other things like the TIE Interceptor, Jet Troopers, Interdictor cruisers, and Gozanti Surveillance ships. Although you would be using a lot of sources again and again which I understand. Lego could've even done Imperial Super Commandos.

Let's have a look at those:

- AT-AT: nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids. ESB AT-ATs always sell, so there's no reason to release it via Rebels.

- Interceptor: as I said, that's an OT set, RotJ in this case. There are more fans of RotJ than of Rebels.

- Interdictor cruiser: that's one of the few possible, non-OT designs. I fear its design would be hard to replicate in Lego though.

- Gozanti Surveillance ship: the Imperial Assault Carrier has just gone out of production, this is just a less military version of that.

- Imperial Super Commandos: definitely cool, but in which set do you put them?

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Let's have a look at those:

- AT-AT: nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids. ESB AT-ATs always sell, so there's no reason to release it via Rebels.

- Interceptor: as I said, that's an OT set, RotJ in this case. There are more fans of RotJ than of Rebels.

- Interdictor cruiser: that's one of the few possible, non-OT designs. I fear its design would be hard to replicate in Lego though.

- Gozanti Surveillance ship: the Imperial Assault Carrier has just gone out of production, this is just a less military version of that.

- Imperial Super Commandos: definitely cool, but in which set do you put them?

AT-AT: My bad I thought the significant hull and cockpit difference would be noticeable but oh well.

Interceptor: The same thing can be said about the A-wing. Also, the Interceptor has made a recent appearance in continuity so why wouldn't it make sense for them to go ahead and update it?

IC: It's essentially a smaller star destroyer with a different bridge and gravity wells. The hardest part would arguably be the gravity wells but we already have dome pieces that could work.

Gozanti: Got me there but it's more the matter that it would add depth to Imperial characters we get but I guess people only care for Rebellion stuff now. :hmpf_bad:

ISC: I mean it would be just as easy to make a small battle scene set with Sabine or if they were really lazy they could release a battlepack much like they did with Death Watch.

I seem to be the only one tired of the same re-hashes with minimal updates so of course my lists are going to be different. There's an entire universe filled with content and I'd like to see more of it besides "muh x-wing 56".

I hope the Bounty Hunter bp means that we are getting more named character packs going forward. Jedi, specific, named Clone Troopers, Pilots, I feel like there is a lot of opportunity to give us figures we otherwise wouldn't get as they don't belong in any specific set.

6 hours ago, Goonmo said:

I hope the Bounty Hunter bp means that we are getting more named character packs going forward. Jedi, specific, named Clone Troopers, Pilots, I feel like there is a lot of opportunity to give us figures we otherwise wouldn't get as they don't belong in any specific set.

I agree with the need for Battle Packs to provide us with figures we have a low chance of seeing in future sets. I'd love a Rebel pilot pack. Any assortment consisting of Antoc, Wedge, Dutch, Garven, Luke (w/ a printed visor or visor on his helmet) would be an instant buy for me. :classic:

Edited by Hell_Hawk_33

A rebel starter/battle pack with a couple pilots, a ground control personnel and a Rebel Navy Trooper would be great!

Vice versa a imperial starter/battle pack with a low rank imperial officer (lieutenant as seen in ESB or the rank insignia that depuited in RO), an Imperial Navy Trooper, a imperial technician and a stormtrooper would be nice.

Hoping for more character representation in Lego sets from Rogue One and more accurate representations at that; Lego missed the opportunity to release a black and white woman rebel pilot heads to accurately match the new rebel helmets released. It was the difference of me purchasing multiple Y-Wing microfighters versus just one.

A named Rebel pilots and Cantina characters BP would be awesome. In any case Lego seems to be going in the good direction with the recent BPs; the bounty hunters are a real treat.

Edited by RetroInferno