darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Imperial TIE Fighter Yes, just a standard OT TIE Fighter, which I think would sell really well, and which I think will probably appear in some capacity in the Han Solo movie.  The 2012 version really needs an update, and while it seems easily MOD-able (I don't own the set), a new TIE would go along well with the recent Advanced and Striker models.  Obviously it would feature the new-ish hatch canopy pieces, and...inevitably...spring-loaded missiles.  If possible, I would like to see a TIE pilot helmet with molded oxygen hoses (like the TFA minifigures).  If that would be too fragile, I must admit that I would even be happy with a rubber mold for the helmet, which would probably be more durable.  Estimated cost: 60 USD, or 70 USD if they include filler builds and/or rare figures.

Speaking of tie fighters and filler builds it would be kind of neat to get like a ladder or something as to which you could board the fighter. I mean I don't know how canon it would be, but I think it would be neat.

On 2/17/2017 at 8:04 PM, atlas said:

obiwans order 66 was delivered by an at-te 

Ah yes right you are! I forgot about that, it has been awhile since I saw the movie. Just die to price I'd hope they wouldn't include it. Maybe instead Boga Lizard and just like some probe droids that Cody sends out. Though it isn't 100% accurate as the Boga lizard goes down before I feel like it would still work and keep the price cheap.

But anyhow I'd like to see a set of the Count Dooku duel with Anakin. It could could be $25 USD and just include Anakin, Dooku, and either a chained emperor or Obi Wan. Then it would feature build similar to other $25 sets. Or they could go bigger and have all four of those minifigs plus maybe a couple super battle droids, two different levels, and a pillar you can knock over. That would be cool though probably more expensive then I'd be willing to pay. The scene may not be the best to be featured as Lego considering dooku gets his hands cut off and is then decapitated. But then again they've done stuff like the rancor eating a guard so maybe. Either way I feel like another $25 to complete all the Prequels and Original Trilogy Sith would be an excellent addition.

Or now that I think of it maybe the dooku vs Mace in a small set with a balcony. That would actually be cooler in some ways.

Edited by FishW

4 hours ago, FishW said:

Speaking of tie fighters and filler builds it would be kind of neat to get like a ladder or something as to which you could board the fighter. I mean I don't know how canon it would be, but I think it would be neat.

Ah yes right you are! I forgot about that, it has been awhile since I saw the movie. Just die to price I'd hope they wouldn't include it. Maybe instead Boga Lizard and just like some probe droids that Cody sends out. Though it isn't 100% accurate as the Boga lizard goes down before I feel like it would still work and keep the price cheap.

But anyhow I'd like to see a set of the Count Dooku duel with Anakin. It could could be $25 USD and just include Anakin, Dooku, and either a chained emperor or Obi Wan. Then it would feature build similar to other $25 sets. Or they could go bigger and have all four of those minifigs plus maybe a couple super battle droids, two different levels, and a pillar you can knock over. That would be cool though probably more expensive then I'd be willing to pay. The scene may not be the best to be featured as Lego considering dooku gets his hands cut off and is then decapitated. But then again they've done stuff like the rancor eating a guard so maybe. Either way I feel like another $25 to complete all the Prequels and Original Trilogy Sith would be an excellent addition.

Or now that I think of it maybe the dooku vs Mace in a small set with a balcony. That would actually be cooler in some ways.

Dooku is actually a really rare character.  I think he has only appeared in four sets.  As I missed out on the Duel on Geanosis I would welcome a set like that.

What are the chances  of lego doing a deathstar move on the recently retired ewok village set?

By death star move I mean bring out an updated version which only limited changes

8 hours ago, firefox said:

What are the chances  of lego doing a deathstar move on the recently retired ewok village set?

By death star move I mean bring out an updated version which only limited changes

I don't think we'll see anything similar for a while. Most likely we will get smaller sets like Ewok Attack or the Bunker but I don't know that we'd get those anytime soon. 2023 is the 40th anniversary of Return of the Jedi, so if we get a UCS for that movie it probably won't be until then.

2 hours ago, Goonmo said:

I don't think we'll see anything similar for a while. Most likely we will get smaller sets like Ewok Attack or the Bunker but I don't know that we'd get those anytime soon. 2023 is the 40th anniversary of Return of the Jedi, so if we get a UCS for that movie it probably won't be until then.

I'd agree with Goonmo. I'd be very shocked if they brought back the Ewok Village in the next several years.

I would love to see them do a new bunker... or better yet, a compound with the landing platform, shield/dish that explodes, and skywalks+elevator system below it with the radar dish.

But even that would be a stretch.

I'd kind of like a brickhead of Boba Fett. Even though I haven't seen the movies in years, I've found my self becoming a fan of Boba. I think a figure of brickhead would be awesome. Also maybe a brickhead of Vader, Kylo Ren, or just a plain stormtrooper. I guess I find the masked characters more interesting for some reason :laugh: though a brickhead of Yoda would be epic.

15 hours ago, thorin said:

I'd agree with Goonmo. I'd be very shocked if they brought back the Ewok Village in the next several years.

I would love to see them do a new bunker... or better yet, a compound with the landing platform, shield/dish that explodes, and skywalks+elevator system below it with the radar dish.

But even that would be a stretch.

UCS landing platform and dish would be epic. Heck even do it in a two part series if need be.

Since a UCS Falcon seems pretty likely for 2017, I am wondering how it might be improved over the original model. An interior is the most obvious option, but it also seems like it would be hard to pull off. Looking at photos of the interior of the 10179 UCS Falcon, there is a ton of structure there... which seems pretty necessary given the size of the model. If LEGO somehow manages to keep the size the same while adding a meaningful interior, I will be very, very impressed. 

Other than an interior, I'd like to see:

1. A proper cockpit window assembly. The open-air design of the 10179 makes it look a little too MOCish... which is fine when it's a MOC, but not so much when you're shelling out $700.
  2. The underbelly remote-control canon Han fires at the snowtroopers in ESB.
  3. An openable version of the top hatch Lando uses to rescue Luke.
  4. Lightbrick engines?
  5. Lots of minifigs. If you're gonna charge $700 for it, why not include a large array of minifigs, akin to the Death Star UCS, spanning its appearance in all four movies?

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I think nice additions would be:

1. An interior of at least the main hold, cockpit, and gunner seats. Decently detailed, not like 75105 with lots of open space. If anyone has seen the De Agostini model of the Falcon, it comes with multiple roof panels that lift off to show different parts of the interior, but not the full thing. I think it would be a nice improvement on the old model without driving the price up too high.

2. Updated parts. There have been a lot of new parts over the past 10 years so it would be nice to see those utilized to heighten the look of the model.

3. I agree with the minifigs. Although, I think they would need to do different figures than they did in the original due to all of them having just been released in 75159 The Death Star. Maybe updated ceremonial Luke, Han and Leia? I would like to get figures from all the movies it has appeared in yeah, but it might take away from the 40th Anniversary part of the set. But here's a list of those who could fit with it:

ANH: Luke, Leia, Han, Ben, C-3P0, R2, Chewbacca, Darth Vader (Again, all of them were just released with 75159)

ESB: Bespin Jacket Han, Hoth Leia, maybe Lando? but I don't want him to come out with the Falcon and ruin the chances of a Cloud City. Or the Lando in Han's outfit.

RotJ: Maybe the sandstorm versions of the heroes after they escape Jabbas Palace? Lando, Nien Numb

TFA: Old Han, BB-8, Finn, Rey, Resistance Rey, Old Luke, maybe a dusty R2

There's quite a few options at least.

On 3/1/2017 at 5:48 AM, Goonmo said:

I think nice additions would be:

1. An interior of at least the main hold, cockpit, and gunner seats. Decently detailed, not like 75105 with lots of open space. If anyone has seen the De Agostini model of the Falcon, it comes with multiple roof panels that lift off to show different parts of the interior, but not the full thing. I think it would be a nice improvement on the old model without driving the price up too high.

2. Updated parts. There have been a lot of new parts over the past 10 years so it would be nice to see those utilized to heighten the look of the model.

3. I agree with the minifigs. Although, I think they would need to do different figures than they did in the original due to all of them having just been released in 75159 The Death Star. Maybe updated ceremonial Luke, Han and Leia? I would like to get figures from all the movies it has appeared in yeah, but it might take away from the 40th Anniversary part of the set. But here's a list of those who could fit with it:

ANH: Luke, Leia, Han, Ben, C-3P0, R2, Chewbacca, Darth Vader (Again, all of them were just released with 75159)

ESB: Bespin Jacket Han, Hoth Leia, maybe Lando? but I don't want him to come out with the Falcon and ruin the chances of a Cloud City. Or the Lando in Han's outfit.

RotJ: Maybe the sandstorm versions of the heroes after they escape Jabbas Palace? Lando, Nien Numb

TFA: Old Han, BB-8, Finn, Rey, Resistance Rey, Old Luke, maybe a dusty R2

There's quite a few options at least.

Well if rumors about 700$ price are correct then we will probably get most of minifigures you mentioned, since getting only Ep4 and Ep7 versions of main characters would be too little for that amount of money.

If we do get a Falcon for $700 or thereabouts I'm not holding out for there being anything other than the regular Falcon crew. I really don't think we'll be getting 15-20 figures.

Same happened with the Helicarrier... People were talking about there being 17 figures or so for that and they got 5 (micro figures don't count). It's going to be a lot of money but I see it being that price down to the build rather than the quantity of figures.

UCS Falcon had 5 figures. Super Star Destroyer had 5. Slave 1 had four, and these are things that were minifig scale or playset scale. I think the Snowspeeder will have a couple of token figures to accompany a large build set similar to TIE Fighter, Red Five and Batman UCS Tumbler.

Location based sets need figures to populate them hence Ewok Village, Assault on Hoth and Death Star getting a range of figures but ships based sets don't really follow that pattern. The Sandcrawler appears to have slightly more figures but once you take the Jawas and droids out of the equation you've basically got Luke and Owen Lars.

If we're talking about the Falcon being a 40th anniversary set there doesn't seem to be the need to include figures from 4 different movies. It would be really nice to get Nien Nunb or someone new and making a new Falcon something than spanned the trilogy etc but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Robianco

8 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

To be honest I thought that as soon as I saw it. Knowing Lego they'll give her a new, perfect mould and then people will have to BL that to update their Qui-Gon.

On 3/2/2017 at 7:44 AM, Robianco said:

If we do get a Falcon for $700 or thereabouts I'm not holding out for there being anything other than the regular Falcon crew. I really don't think we'll be getting 15-20 figures.

I agree, I wouldn't expect anymore than what came with the original. I do hope that at least one figure is exclusive though. 

Looks like Rebels was just renewed for a fourth season, airing Fall 2017. So love 'em or hate 'em, I imagine we'll have at least a few more Rebels sets... though possibly not until 2018, unless one or more of the unidentified or TLJ Fall 2017 sets is actually Rebels-themed.

Just now, jdubbs said:

Looks like Rebels was just renewed for a fourth season, airing Fall 2017. So love 'em or hate 'em, I imagine we'll have at least a few more Rebels sets... though possibly not until 2018, unless one or more of the unidentified or TLJ Fall 2017 sets is actually Rebels-themed.

I'd love to see a new Star Destroyer, with 75055 techniques but 6211 size. It could be Grand Admiral Thrawn's Star Destroyer, with updated Thrawn, new Konstantine, 2x Stormtroopers, S3 Ezra, Agent Kallus, and maybe a Death Trooper or two.

A new TIE Defender with a TIE Pilot, a Stormtrooper, S3 Sabine and S3 Zeb would be great as well!

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I'd love to see a new Star Destroyer, with 75055 techniques but 6211 size. It could be Grand Admiral Thrawn's Star Destroyer, with updated Thrawn, new Konstantine, 2x Stormtroopers, S3 Ezra, Agent Kallus, and maybe a Death Trooper or two.

As I stated above, I would absolutely LOVE a new ISD as well.  Of course, I don't know whether I would be able to afford it, but that's another matter.  :wink:
Personally, I'd rather see Tarkin's Star Destroyer from Rogue One, featuring Tarkin (obviously), several Imperial Officers, Krennic, and [the latest desperate attempt to include] Galen Erso.  I'm neither a Rebels nor an old EU fan, but I can see why you guys want the right Thrawn.

Given that Rebels sets supposedly haven't sold that well, I would guess that TLG focuses on vehicles that cross over to the original trilogy, to broaden their appeal. The TIE Bomber and Interceptor would be obvious choices, given that they haven't been released in many years and their previous builds aren't up to today's standards. I continue to hold out hope for a Rebel Blockade Runner, but I think if it were going to come out, it would have been this year.

The only Star Destroyer I have is the (massive) UCS set... I wouldn't mind a smaller scale version but I suspect the next one we get is for Episode VIII, which would put off an OT-era version for several years.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

The only Star Destroyer I have is the (massive) UCS set... I wouldn't mind a smaller scale version but I suspect the next one we get is for Episode VIII, which would put off an OT-era version for several years.

Ooh, I would love it if the largest TLJ set was the Finalizer!

Ever since they teased us with the Defender in Rebels I really wish for Lego to release one, the best star fighter in the galaxy bar none deserves some love! 

Edit: I wasn't even aware Lego made this in the past, it realy aged poorly!

Edited by RetroInferno

The problem with Rebels set is that we have the strange impression that TLG do half the job, and sometimes the source material don't help. I explain.

In the 75150 A-wing vs TIE advanced, the colour of A-wing is not so impressive, as for figs. Then, they don't give a "iconic" mandalorian helmet to Sabine, mistake.

In Rex AT-TE, same problem with figs, a no useful stormtrooper, no helmet for clones. I consider the vehicle good because it wasn't possible to reproduce all the details of the original vehicle in a 1000 parts set. But it still more a living place than a warship in the show, and there's no kind of living room in the set.

For the Rebel Frigate, you just have to compare with a similar set in the TCW, the Republic Combat Frigate. Figs are far better in the last one when Lego should put figs like a Rebel navy trooper and an inquisitor in the set instead of Ezra, Kallus or Chopper. Ahsoka is not impressive also, i don't know why Lego put empty eyes on non-human characters. Then, the Rebel frigate have a lot of space inside, and there is nothing, when the best was done in the Republic ship where all the small spaces were use to put seets, weapons, missiles, hologram room, gunner and pilot posts.

9 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Given that Rebels sets supposedly haven't sold that well, I would guess that TLG focuses on vehicles that cross over to the original trilogy, to broaden their appeal. The TIE Bomber and Interceptor would be obvious choices, given that they haven't been released in many years and their previous builds aren't up to today's standards.

Agreed. It's not really possible to put good new figures if these ships are setting in the OT, so putting these in Rebels should be the best thing to do. But there still have some original good ships as the B-wing prototype, a recent MOC has proved how attractive it could be in a set. Something with Mandalorians would be interesting also, the characters are (the most) beautiful and charismatic in the show, specially Gar Saxon. TLG could put these figs with a not so impressive Fang Fighter, seen in the season 2. Good figs with passable ships was what we used to see for TCW sets.

I actually think we may end up seeing Cloud City as the 40th anniversary of ESB.  

I'm also really hoping for a 20th anniversary TPM Naboo Royal Starship.

On 3/4/2017 at 3:53 PM, RetroInferno said:

Ever since they teased us with the Defender in Rebels I really wish for Lego to release one, the best star fighter in the galaxy bar none deserves some love! 

Edit: I wasn't even aware Lego made this in the past, it realy aged poorly!

Yeah, I really want to see the TIE Defender. It'd put the new Nexo Knights mechs' shield pieces to good use, like the upcoming Tracker I from Freemakers.

Any idea what's up with the dearth of Rebels sets? We're only getting the Phantom for the entire year. I'd think that Lego would want to capitalize on the Rebels TV show by giving us more Rebels sets, like they did with The Clone Wars.

Tie Defender might be a good choice to combine classic ship and Rebels characters in one set: add S3 Zeb and Ezra , updated Grand Admiral Thrawn and Tie Fighter pilot and you've got a great60-70$ set which is attractive to both Rebels fans and those who just like Tie Defender. Best of 2 worlds!