darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

There shouldn't be a "flesh emperor". Palpatine doesn't declare himself emperor until after the battle with Windu that changes his face to that of OT Palpatine. We have the fleshie face from that battle in the Palpatine's Arrest set, and for events after that a grey face should be used. The CW scene... I guess it's artistic license, forming his flesh face that way. I suppose a slightly younger looking grey face is a possibility for that Palpatine vs. Yoda scene, assuming that's what you propose, and an angry flesh Chancellor Palpatine face with some Emperor Palpatine features could be possible for a CW reprint, but I don't think there should be and I don't think there will be a flesh head with emperor features in a Sith set.

Yeah but his face clearly isn't grey in both rotj or rots. They should just switch to a slightly paler flesh face for rots and a paler flesh face for rotj! Grey I always thought was highly inaccurate to palpatine in either film! I much prefer his alternative chancellor face from 2012 to the grey 2010 one also the black gloves need to go.In no incarnation has he ever worn black gloves change it either to pale flesh hands if they are going for pale flesh or pale grey hands if they are sticking with that. I'd like to see both rots sidious and cw sidious to be quite honest as both would be nice to have! I think the most accurate face for a rotj colour was the original palpatine from the oldest sets as he looked like a human and normal and fitted in with other figures where as grey doesn't look like the colour his face is. The fact is his face just isn't that grey in either film. My opinion is it should be a paler flesh like you say but not grey. Perhaps original gringotts goblin colour would work for him I always thought it looked a bit like that.

Edited by legofreak86

Tan would probably be a better colour than either grey or flesh. Both Wormtongue and the Mouth of Sauron from the LOTR sets are using it to depict their pale skin. The only downside is that Sidious wouldn't be able to use his current hairpiece from Palpatine's Arrest, although Dooku's white hair would probably look more accurate on him anyway.

Tan would probably be a better colour than either grey or flesh. Both Wormtongue and the Mouth of Sauron from the LOTR sets are using it to depict their pale skin. The only downside is that Sidious wouldn't be able to use his current hairpiece from Palpatine's Arrest, although Dooku's white hair would probably look more accurate on him anyway.

That's the one I meant like worm tongue perfect example good call! Lets hope Lego are listening! To be honest a hooded emperor figure wouldn't really need hair as he is never seen with it whilst wearing his hood.

Edited by legofreak86

also the black gloves need to go.In no incarnation has he ever worn black gloves change it either to pale flesh hands if they are going for pale flesh or pale grey hands if they are sticking with that.

I agree with you there. It seems to be common for TLG to use the black or dark bley hands whenever the correct choice is a rarer color of hand, just because this being Star Wars it looks okay, but rarer colors of hands are something I want. (Aayla Secura had dark bley hands instead of medium blue, the Emperor's Royal Guards have black hands instead of dark red [or even red would be more accurate considering that the arms are red]...)

...kind of a twist in the topic but... anyone else here hoping for another Imperial Shuttle? - the previous one was, by every means, awesome - but (and this is purely my opinion) it was too big and expensive - I'm thinking something along the lines of the very first Imperial Shuttle, 7166...with the firing capabilities of 7659 (which I have) - idk, just my 2 cents...

...kind of a twist in the topic but... anyone else here hoping for another Imperial Shuttle? - the previous one was, by every means, awesome - but (and this is purely my opinion) it was too big and expensive - I'm thinking something along the lines of the very first Imperial Shuttle, 7166...with the firing capabilities of 7659 (which I have) - idk, just my 2 cents...

Hear, hear!

I'd like an Imperial Shuttle that's actually playable too, and stuff.

Like you said, the previous one is really amazing, but far too big compared to other sets and therefore expensive...

Regards,

Mitch

I'd love a new Imperial Shuttle. Its been far too long since the last System scale one.

The big question is who should it come with - updated versions of Vader and Palpatine, or Luke, Leia and Han in their Endor camo?

I would prefer seeing Lego release a Nebulon B Frigate, before another Imperial Shuttle.

I would love this. The imperial Shuttle was looking good, but just a little too expensive (and not impossible to get at a decent price where I am).

But I think it's not old enough :P

Edited by leoparder

I believe we'll see a new one in the summer 2014 line, 100€, 800 pieces, coming with Camo Han, Leia, Luke. January 2014 we'll probably see an AT-ST.

I would prefer seeing Lego release a Nebulon B Frigate, before another Imperial Shuttle.

I completely agree. I'm watching for a good deal on one of the older shuttles on eBay; and while I'd like to see a new one, a Frigate would be an awesome addition to my fleet. I'd rather have that or a Mon Cal cruiser.

The big question is who should it come with - updated versions of Vader and Palpatine, or Luke, Leia and Han in their Endor camo?

I'd take all 5 lol. Another reason why I've always liked the shuttle and wanted a System-scale one was because it appears quite frequently in Expanded Universe media, such as the Jedi Knight Dark Forces video game series - I'd probably faint if they'd release another System version with unique figs like Kyle Kattarn, Mara Jade or even, Jan Ors - she could be the pilot :) - throw in some Stormtroopers for those intense fight scenes too, lol.

I completely agree. I'm watching for a good deal on one of the older shuttles on eBay; and while I'd like to see a new one, a Frigate would be an awesome addition to my fleet. I'd rather have that or a Mon Cal cruiser.

A friend of mine has a 7166, but lies at the bottom of a shelf in pieces - been trying to convince him to give it to me for years (he's not even into Lego) - he's also got the original Slave I (want) and the classic Millennium Falcon (with the single piece dome "roof") - and, equally, they too share the same fate as the shuttle... sigh.

Edited by octavspot

The big question is who should it come with

I'd be fine with some Imperial staff. A pilot in black uniform, maybe some high-ranking officers as well, in gray uniform.

I don't think Vader or Palpatine (or most of the others) could be any more improved than they are now, so...

Regards,

Mitch

A friend of mine has a 7166, but lies at the bottom of a shelf in pieces - been trying to convince him to give it to me for years (he's not even into Lego) - he's also got the original Slave I (want) and the classic Millennium Falcon (with the single piece dome "roof") - and, equally, they too share the same fate as the shuttle... sigh.

ARGH! What a waste of classic SW sets. Are the sets complete, minifigures and all?

ARGH! What a waste of classic SW sets. Are the sets complete, minifigures and all?

Some are mixed with other sets, and unfortunately he's tossed the boxes - but I know for a fact every each set is complete and in excellent shape - so are the respective instruction manuals. I even offered to pay the current value for them - still got a no - and, he's been gone to work overseas for years now - I might just convince his parents someday to just give them to me...

LOL. Interesting. I wonder why he's so reluctant to part with the sets; it appears he doesn't really appreciate them.

I can't see a jedi temple being done as apart from anakin raising it to the ground in order 66 it has little significance, movie wise all of its detail was in the CW series. I would like to see an update of the cantina and cloud city I think Lego may sit on environments for a year or so with EP 7 18-24 months away.

Quote didn't work on my post, it was in relation to the previous page and the Jedi Temple. Apologies.

I'd love a new Imperial Shuttle. Its been far too long since the last System scale one.

Vader (we need him in a system set),Palpatine (updated with tan face and hands like worm tongue and perhaps a double sided face and robe printing on the legs) Luke (ewok village version) and two Red royal guards (like the original shuttle set) Price point £39.99 (if it can be done with marvel and dc it can be done here) If they wanted to update Vader I suppose they could give him leg printing as he has a long Kama that descends from his waist to his boots which they could just give him a cloth piece. He also has dark silver knee caps and they could print the feet like they did with Boba also his legs have textured rubber lines going down them so they could print that just take a look there is a lot they can update to make him even more accurate:Darth-Vader.jpg

Here's a nice example of what new printing could do for Darth some one made a custom on the net:vad.jpg

That custom Vader is pretty awesome. The only thing that could improve it is a new multi-piece helmet.

That custom Vader is pretty awesome. The only thing that could improve it is a new multi-piece helmet.

Good idea, I'm fine with the current helmet but an updated Vader in maybe a £39.99 set or even a £20 set would be nice to see. Heck it worked with Dooku and Fett!

LOL. Interesting. I wonder why he's so reluctant to part with the sets; it appears he doesn't really appreciate them.

He doesn't. He's just a bit of a jerk, lol.