darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

14 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

They did do both the TIE Drone and TIE Crawler, both of which were from comics. They also did the E-Wing as Jek-14's fighter. Beyond those exceptions, they haven't done any recently or at all.

True, although those were during the legends days, and the E-wing is a more strenuous connection.

My guess as to what the sets are for 2hy based on the leaked price points. 

75310 ($20): Duel on Mandalore with Maul and Ahsoka. Build is the throne room with a shattering window feature.

75312 ($50): Trexler marauder with Interior cockpit and rear gunnery station with Cara Dune, Greef Karga, the Mythrol, and a scout trooper.

75316 ($60): Exogol throne room: Sith throne, Omnic harness, and sciency area with Palpatine (omnic harness), Palpatine (reborn), Rey, and Ben solo.

75314 ($100): The bad batch shuttle with Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Crosshair, and Echo.

75315 ($160): A star destroyer of some kind. I'm going to cheat and put down three options I think it could be:

Imperial star destroyer: ISD with interior meeting room, vader's meditation pod, bridge, and palpatine hologram area with Vader, Piett, an imperial officer, 2x imperial crew, 2x stormtrooper, and 2x imperial navy trooper.

Final order star destroyer: Final order destroyer (like an ISD with a red stripe and superlaser where the main hanger is on the ISD) with interior palpatine hologram area, armory, miniscale hanger, and bridge. Comes with Pryde, 2x final order technicians, 2x final order crew, 2x sith troopers, and a sith jet trooper.

Moff Gideon's Arquitens cruiser: Arquitens with interior hallway, dark trooper hanger(?), bridge, cargo room and prison cell. Comes with Mando (beskar, with spear and pistol), Bo-katan, Fennec Shand, Moff gideon, 2 stormtroopers, 2 dark troopers, and baby yoda.

75308 ($200): Personally I'm inclined to believe this doesn't exist.

75309 ($350): The UCS gunship with a p1 clone pilot (new helmet mold, arm printing), p1 clone trooper (arm printing), and jedi bob (fan-vote figure)

75313 ($800): UCS ds2 with the emperor, vader (arm printing) and luke (new hair mold), or a UCS AT-AT with Veers (arm printing) and an at-at pilot (arm printing, dual-molded legs).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

True, although those were during the legends days, and the E-wing is a more strenuous connection.

My guess as to what the sets are for 2hy based on the leaked price points. 

75310 ($20): Duel on Mandalore with Maul and Ahsoka. Build is the throne room with a shattering window feature.

75312 ($50): Trexler marauder with Interior cockpit and rear gunnery station with Cara Dune, Greef Karga, the Mythrol, and a scout trooper.

75316 ($60): Exogol throne room: Sith throne, Omnic harness, and sciency area with Palpatine (omnic harness), Palpatine (reborn), Rey, and Ben solo.

75314 ($100): The bad batch shuttle with Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Crosshair, and Echo.

75315 ($160): A star destroyer of some kind. I'm going to cheat and put down three options I think it could be:

Imperial star destroyer: ISD with interior meeting room, vader's meditation pod, bridge, and palpatine hologram area with Vader, Piett, an imperial officer, 2x imperial crew, 2x stormtrooper, and 2x imperial navy trooper.

Final order star destroyer: Final order destroyer (like an ISD with a red stripe and superlaser where the main hanger is on the ISD) with interior palpatine hologram area, armory, miniscale hanger, and bridge. Comes with Pryde, 2x final order technicians, 2x final order crew, 2x sith troopers, and a sith jet trooper.

Moff Gideon's Arquitens cruiser: Arquitens with interior hallway, dark trooper hanger(?), bridge, cargo room and prison cell. Comes with Mando (beskar, with spear and pistol), Bo-katan, Fennec Shand, Moff gideon, 2 stormtroopers, 2 dark troopers, and baby yoda.

75308 ($200): Personally I'm inclined to believe this doesn't exist.

75309 ($350): The UCS gunship with a p1 clone pilot (new helmet mold, arm printing), p1 clone trooper (arm printing), and jedi bob (fan-vote figure)

75313 ($800): UCS ds2 with the emperor, vader (arm printing) and luke (new hair mold), or a UCS AT-AT with Veers (arm printing) and an at-at pilot (arm printing, dual-molded legs).

What would they possibly print on Veers' arms, lol. 

These sets seem to cover all the eras nicely, much like the summer wave last year. Hopefully we at least see this sort of diversity

Sets I want are Imperial Troop Transport and Moff Gideon's Cruiser (to go with my Imperial and First Order Star Destroyers).

$349 is around the cost of the last couple of MBS sets (which would leave the Gunship at $200). I'd like an Endor bunker, Jabba's Palace or even Episode II arena if they go that way. 

I agree with everyone’s predictions about Gideon’s Cruiser. Can’t see it being anything else. 

Jabba’s Palace is too similar to the Cantina imo plus the controversy I’m not sure. I would say a Yavin Temple would be an excellent idea but with Dodonna’s release I’m not convinced. It leaves the Endor Bunker as the only other option. Unless they do another prequel ucs set (highly unlikely although I do think the move to go to 3 ucs sets is a marker for future prequel releases in the line) there is no other choice. 

6 hours ago, AIex said:

What would they possibly print on Veers' arms, lol. 

Creases or something, it was kind of a tongue-in-cheek comment about how the recent UCS sets have arm printing on everything whereas MBS and system sets rarely have arm printing (beskar mando is of course a shining exception).

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I agree with everyone’s predictions about Gideon’s Cruiser. Can’t see it being anything else. 

Jabba’s Palace is too similar to the Cantina imo plus the controversy I’m not sure. I would say a Yavin Temple would be an excellent idea but with Dodonna’s release I’m not convinced. It leaves the Endor Bunker as the only other option. Unless they do another prequel ucs set (highly unlikely although I do think the move to go to 3 ucs sets is a marker for future prequel releases in the line) there is no other choice. 

Remember that some leakers aren't confident on the $200 set existing, so it's possible that the may D2C is the gunship at $350.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:31 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Remember that some leakers aren't confident on the $200 set existing, so it's possible that the may D2C is the gunship at $350.

My hunch is that if it does exist, it's not a traditional system-scale set, either something like the robotic R2-D2/Mouse Droid set, a giant mosaic, or some sort of sculpture like the old Maul bust (I know we've been getting similar stuff at a lower price point but I'm thinking something much larger).  I just don't see the logic in three UCS/MBS sets in one year where one is $800, especially considering the Cantina is still sold out online, so many people haven't even had a chance to get that one yet.  I don't think there's a lot of people that would be willing to put down money for 4 UCS-type sets in a single year, if they buy the Cantina + the ones this year.

Assuming the $350 set this year exists and is an mbs, here were some ideas I had as to what it could be based on movie:

TPM—Donut ship, Theed palace, Gungan bubble city

AOTC—Kamino city, droid factory, Geonosis

TCW—a Jedi temple, I suppose. Maybe the Mandalorian capital?

ROTS—I guess a Wookiee village?

Solo—I haven’t seen this in a while, but Dryden’s yacht could work.

Rebels—the Imperial compound or a light cruiser might be neat.

Rogue One—An Orthanc style citadel tower, or an Eadu landing platform with shuttle

ANH—Yavin is all that is left

ESB—Also pretty well covered, but an upgraded remake of Assault on Hoth could be interesting.

ROTJ—Endor Bunker or Jabba’s palace and sail barge, but those could be problematic.

The Mandalorian and Resistance—neither of these as far as I know would really lend themselves to MBS. I heard that Resistance has some sort of space station?

TFA—Nima outpost, Starkiller Base

TLJ—A larger Crait build, Snoke’s ship, Canto Byte

TROS—This doesn’t really lend itself to MBS either.

I would say the most likely is the Endor bunker.

I agree that Endor is most likely, since the last MBS sets were from ESB and ANH. Although MBS sets go on a 2 year cycle, (2018, 2020..) normally, not many other UCS or system sets have the $350 price tag. The gunship could be larger than other UCS sets and occupy the larger price range, but there is still a chance we will get an MBS set this year.

Endor does seem like the most logical choice. I don't think they'll do another Tatooine MBS set so soon after Mos Eisley and it's safe to say General Dodonna's inclusion in the latest X-Wing rules out Yavin IV showing up in the near future otherwise they would have saved him for that.

If Endor were to get an MBS set for $350 I imagine it would be covering remakes of both the Shield Bunker and Ewok Village under one package. It would also be a good opportunity to include Force Ghost Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda.

I also think that the two year gap may not be relevant given that only two official MBS sets have been released, and the Cantina was the only one with largely positive reviews. It’s possible they plan to start releasing one every year.

14 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I also think that the two year gap may not be relevant given that only two official MBS sets have been released, and the Cantina was the only one with largely positive reviews. It’s possible they plan to start releasing one every year.

The cantina's reviews wouldn't affect this year's MBS though.

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The cantina's reviews wouldn't affect this year's MBS though.

True. I sort of assume LEGO has a general idea as to how well a set will do however, which was my logic behind that.

Just now, SuperSith said:

What are the chances of the $800 D2C being the Jedi temple?

I would say pretty unlikely. It’s supposedly either an At At or the Death Star, and we are already getting one prequel UCS set this year.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:17 AM, MaximillianRebo said:

Gonna take a stab at what the 2HY sets could be based on the current rumoured price list.

75308 - $199 - UCS ARC 170 (a complete shot in the dark, trying to think a ship that hasn't been done before)

75309 - $349 - UCS Republic Gunship (going off the current rumour)

75310 - $19 - Duel set, either Mandalore or Exegol

75312 - $49 - Imperial Troop Transport

75313 - $799 - UCS Death Star with exterior panels

75314 - $99 - Palpatine's Arrest (similar style and same price point as Final Duel)

75315 - $159 - Either a Venator or Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser

75316 - $59 - Bo Katan's Mandalorian Fighter (or maybe a TIE Bomber, if it's done in the same style as the new TIE Fighter)

Dang, you were pretty close on a lot of this.  

9 hours ago, SuperSith said:

In the future I think a Jedi Temple MBS set is possible, since that and the Geonosis Arena would most effectively be captured in MBS form, and those are pretty much the two main locations from the prequels that could be a set but haven't been done yet (not counting Theed Palace or the Droid Control Ship because frankly I don't think those as giant sets would sell well, just not enough action to warrant a $350 set), but not this year.  I know some people will disagree with me but I do not think there is a market for an $800 prequel set at all.  The Falcon sells well because it has almost universal appeal, there are people that aren't necessarily LEGO fans that still bought it because, frankly, it's freaking cool.  I'm still a bit skeptical that whatever they put out at $800 this year will do well since I don't know what else would sell at $800, but I guess we have to see.

The Gunship being $350, to me, does not bode well for future prequel UCS sets at all.  I think way too many people were banking on that being $200 and closer to minifigure scale, and at $350 I think it's going to be something similar to the A-Wing, way too big to use with figures.  I feel like a lot of the social media brigading was just people seeing "GUNSHIP" and ignoring the "UCS" thing which has meant "bigger than minifig scale" for every set except the Sandcrawler and Slave I.  If the Gunship does poorly, I have no idea if that means no more prequel UCS or MBS stuff, since it might signal to LEGO that prequel stuff sells better when it's $100 or less (since I imagine this next wave will sell quite well overall).

Edited by Kit Figsto

40 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

The Gunship being $350, to me, does not bode well for future prequel UCS sets at all.  I think way too many people were banking on that being $200 and closer to minifigure scale, and at $350 I think it's going to be something similar to the A-Wing, way too big to use with figures.  I feel like a lot of the social media brigading was just people seeing "GUNSHIP" and ignoring the "UCS" thing which has meant "bigger than minifig scale" for every set except the Sandcrawler and Slave I.  If the Gunship does poorly, I have no idea if that means no more prequel UCS or MBS stuff, since it might signal to LEGO that prequel stuff sells better when it's $100 or less (since I imagine this next wave will sell quite well overall).

I can’t remember who posted it but someone said that when people realized that this set was bigger than minifig scale and didn’t come with Bob, Rex, Cody, Fives, Echo, 99, Clone Force 99, plus 10 p1 and 10 p2 clones that they would not buy it, and I have to believe that will happen. I was hoping it would be minifig scaled as well, but given that it’s not I have little interest in it now. In essence, I agree with your point. When people don’t buy this it’s going to make LEGO less likely to make more prequel sets. And then the cycle will probably continue with people saying LEGO doesn’t do enough of them...

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Dang, you were pretty close on a lot of this.  

I covered my bases by having multiple guesses on each price point, had no idea what the $200 UCS could be and didn't think the Bad Batch shuttle would be $100. Happy to be proved wrong on that last one!

15 hours ago, SuperSith said:

Very slim I'd say. Not only is there a prequel UCS set this year, but I'm not sure they'll ever make that one because of scaling issues (do you go microscale like the Hogwarts Castle with some exclusive minifigures or extremely scaled down with some recognisable interior rooms) and the negative connotations that come with the temple (little Grogu may have survived, but I don't think that quite cancels everything else out even if he is super cute ?). Saying it though, I kind of wish it is if it means we get some Jedi. I know a lot of people are loving the new leaked list for the summer wave and I can totally understand why, but the absence of any non-UCS PT sets (not Clone Wars) is annoying to me. It's not like I want another Naboo Starfighter, but it's been years now since we've had a AOC Anakin or Padme, or a Dooku or any real amounts of Jedi. Apart from Barriss Offee and Ki-Adi-Mundi the last PT Jedi outside of Mace, Yoda, Obi-Wan or ROS Anakin was Luminara and Quinlan and Aayla Secura in 2017 and Luminara especially goes for crazy prices these days. Then we're talking 2013 and 2012 was the last time before that where we got some more Jedi. Even the latest Jango Fett is extortionate on the secondary market so the fact that the new Slave 1 is another OT version is a disappointment. For me a MBS Petranaki Arena more than a Jedi Temple could right all of this, but whilst I think it's more possible now than a few years ago I'm still not holding out too much hope. Whilst it's great to get new SW content on Disney+ I do worry thay it's going to be the same situation we've seen in the last five years where PT gets very little coverage due to the new material and then OT taking up the majority of the sets.

If we are going to get a Jedi temple the only place I could see it popping up is as one of the mini GWPs in the same style as Hoth, Endor and the Death Star (and Tatooine if rumours are to be believed). They could quite easily do it justice at a similar piece count.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:58 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Since Mando season 2 has finished, here's a 'prediction wishlist' for the summer wave (A very optimistic one though)

I'll go for the same number of sets at the same price points as the summer 2020 wave, but with 3 battlepacks as well as I'm really hoping we get some more soon.

spoilers ahead.

Hide contents

????? - Morak Troopers : £12.99

The build is a cafeteria area with tables, chairs and the face scanner thingie. The minifigs would be Shore Trooper x2,a Stormtrooper and a Tank trooper (with a new helmet mold rather than using the shoretrooper one like they did in the rogue one wave)

????? - Jabba's Palace guards : £12.99

The build is a mini Skiff. The minifigs would be Gamorian Guard x2 A Nikto and a Weequay.

????? - Clone forces : £12.99

The build would be a holoprojecter table and computer banks. The minifigs would be a shocktrooper, a 322nd trooper, a 501st trooper and a generic phase 2 clone trooper. 

????? - Tython Showdown : £34.99 

The build is the Tython Temple Henge, with seeing stone and a small area will a boulder you can roll at the stormtrooper. The minifigs would be Din Djarin (Same as from the january 2021 wave), Boba Fett ( weathered Armour), Fennec Shand, a Stormtrooper. It would also include a Grogu babyfig and a dark trooper droidfig.

????? - Acklay attack £24.99

The build would be a large brickbuilt acklay, and it would include the following 3 minifigs, Obi-wan(genosis arena). Padme (Genosis arena) and a Genosian guard.

????? - Sundari Streets Battle £24.99

The build would mostly be scenery from the Mandalorian capital, with exploding features. Including 5 minifigures, more speifically : Ursa Wren (Clone wars), Captian Vaughn (With a new helmet part that would also be used for Cody), Gar Saxon (Mauldalorian with a new horned mando helmet mold) and 2 generic mualdalorians.

????? - Endor Bunker : £64.99

The build would be the endor shield bunker (with an interior and a door mechanism) and a speeder bike. The Minifigs would be Han Solo (endor), Leia (endor rebel), Nik Sant/Rex, A Scout Trooper, Taras (Ewok), Paploo (Ewok) and an imperial officer.

????? - Imperial Transporter Ship :£74.99

The build would be the Imperial troop transport ships seen in episode 6 of mando season 2. The minifigs would be Boba Fett (Robes without armour), Stormtrooper x3, Mortar Trooper and a pilot.

????? - Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser £139.99

The build would again be the titular ship and it would include the following minifigs: Din Djarin (Same as from the january 2021 wave), Luke Skywalker, Koska Reeves, Bo-Katan, Moff Gideon (With new dark sabre part ( generally I'm against parts for specific lightsabres, but this is an exception), Comms officer, Doctor Pershing, Stormtrooper. It would also include a Grogu babyfig and 2 dark trooper droidfigs.

????? - U-Wing Escape from Jedha £89.99

The main build would be a U wing but there would also be a small side build of saw's hideout. This set would come with the following minifigures: Jyn, Cassian, Bohdi, Baze, Chirrut and Saw (Who would have a new mold for his hair and another new mold for his armour), as well as a K2so droidfig.

????? - The Havoc Marauder  £89.99

The build would be the titular ship and it would include five minifigs Hunter, Tech, Echo, Wrecker and Crosshair. It would also include a brickbuilt gonk.

????? - Republic Gunship: £119.99

The build would be a Republic gunship (enclosed doors no bubble turrets) and the following minifures come with this set. Ahsoka( same as in the summer 2020 AAT set), Bo-Katan, Rex, Jesse, Clone Pilot (the one with the green that we see Ahsoka save), Rook Kast, Maul. 

Though I would personally prefer a wave with more sets at lower pricepoints but i though it would be a better prediction if I used the same pricing stucture as lego did this year.

2 out of 11 isn't bad, well yes it is but hey it's better than 0. Though I had hoped for cheaper sets with more figures but I can only be so realistic.

I think a Jedi Temple could be doable at a $350-500 price point, it'd just be scaled down, similar to how Cloud City was.  I think something like a "dollhouse style" build would work best, they could maybe do a full exterior of the building and have it hinge open in the middle (which would work okay because it's a square, so no symmetry issues).  They could maybe do three levels, the top level being the council chamber, middle level being the library/archive, and then the bottom level being split into a few rooms - one of the hallways, one of the planning/briefing rooms with the holographic table (as seen in ROTS and Clone Wars), a meditation room (like the one Anakin talks to Yoda in during ROTS), and the youngling training room.  It'd also be a good way to get some figures that wouldn't otherwise be available (Temple Guards, Jocasta Nu, younglings, Yaddle, Yarael Poof, etc).

In terms of layout it's not the most accurate, but I feel like that would be the best way to get the most iconic rooms covered and still have it be functional.  The other way they could do it is almost as a modular building, but I don't know if any other theme has ever adapted that format besides the Monster Fighters Haunted House.  

I posted in the 2021 Discussion thread what my dream for the mystery $30 Target Exclusive would be and I figured that I’d elaborate on it more here.

Siege of Mandalore ($30): Comes with a remake of the 2013 Mandalorian Speeder since there really isn’t too many small vehicles that were used in the Siege of Mandalore. Additionally, it could come with a small Mandalorian speeder bike or even a section of the bridge that the final battle took place on. The figure selection would be Captain Rex (New! Could share helmet mold with Crosshair from The Bad Batch that allows for a rangefinder to be attached), a 332nd Clone Trooper, and two Mauldalorians (New!).

And then maybe in 2022, we could get some of the sorely missing figures from The Clone Wars Season Seven and The Mandalorian in sets. I’ll modify some of my earlier set drafts based off what’s coming in the new rumor list:

Clone Trooper Platoon Pack ($30): A very scaled down version of the Coruscant Police Gunship. It could come with two shiny Phase 2 Clone Troopers, two Coruscant Guard troopers, and two battle droids.

MTT ($90): A rescaled version of the MTT, similar to the 2014 version. This one would have a gray and blue color scheme and come with two STAPs. Minifigures would include a new ROTS Anakin (with no dirt printing and no Sith or Pilot face prints and if I’m really dreaming here, a new hair mold reflecting his updated model in TCW S7), ARC Trooper Jesse (New!), a 501st Clone Trooper, and around the same selection of Battle Droids as the last MTT.

AT-TE ($130): Updated version of the 2013, maybe modified to fit the new scale. The figure selection would be a new ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi with no dirt printing, Commander Cody (New!), two 212th Troopers (New!), and two Super Battle Droids.

Mandalorian Covert ($20): A small recreation of The Armorer’s forge from Season One. The figures would include The Armorer (New!) and the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian (New!)

Duel on Calidan ($20): Since the Str Wars duel sets aren’t dead, then hopefully we get another Ahsoka themed set, but this time based off The Mandalorian Season 2. The build would be the small courtyard and figures would include Ahsoka Tano (New!) and Morgan Elsbeth or Spear Lady (New!)

Imperial Dropship ($80): The build would be the Imperial version of the First Order Troop Transporter. Figures could include the new, repainted Boba Fett (even though his armor wasn’t repainted yet technically), Fennec Shand (the same one from Gideon’s Crusier?), three Imperial Stormtroopers, and an Incinerator Stormtrooper (New!)

I nearly put this in the 2021 thread but thought it would be better suited here.

Some people have suggested there might be an additional two sets this summer (75317 and 75318) as there are gaps in the line-up. Along the same lines as last year with the IT-S, I'd love to see a surprise set related to the High Republic - ideally a Vector, maybe with Avar Kriss, Loden Greatstorm, Burryaga or Sskeer.