darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

17 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Here's an idea for a new group of sets based on the final scene of each movie. The builds would be diorama style platforms depicting the final shot of each film. I've included for now the movies that I feel work best in this style and include a bunch of desirable minifigs:

ANH - Build is the Yavin IV throne room dais with steps leading up to it and the wall behind covered in foliage. Minifigs are Celebration Leia, Celebration Luke, Celebration Han, Chewie, Artoo, Threepio, General Dodonna and two Rebel officers.

TESB - Build is the Nebulon B medical chamber with a bed for Luke to the side and large viewport covering the rear wall. Minifigs are Luke (medical robes), Leia (white robes), Artoo, Threepio, 2-1B and FX-7 medical droids.

ROTJ - Build is a platform in the Ewok village with a campfire and Imperial helmet xylophone. Minifigs are Jedi Luke, Endor Leia, Endor Han, General Lando, Chewie, Artoo, Threepio and two Ewoks. Bonus side build of an extra platform with force ghost minifgs of Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan.

TPM - Build is the Theed Royal Palace steps, perhaps with a representation of the palace behind (even though in the movie it's just more steps going up). Minifigs are Celebration Padme, Padawan Anakin (young), Obi-Wan, Artoo, Sio Bibble, Chancellor Palpatine, Captain Panaka, Boss Nass, Jar Jar, Captain Tarpals.

I like this idea, especially as smaller sets like impulse buys. They have most of the major figures for kids and they're a nice diorama for adults.

To do my own spin, a set for the climax of each film:

Duel of the fates ($69.99): Catwalks, reactor, shield area, and some of the naboo palace interior. Comes with Maul, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, two battle droids, Panaka, and Battle Dress Padme.

Battle of geonosis ($149.99): AT-TE, hailfire droid, and a bit of terrain. Comes with Yoda, 1x clone captain, 4x clone trooper, 3x geonosian, 2x geonosis b1, 2x b2 battle droid.

Duel on mustafar ($49.99): A bit of the separatist base with collapsing features, the droid and platform that they fight on, a bit of a landing platform, and of course the high ground. Comes with Padme (mustafar), Wat Tambor, R2-D2, Obi-wan, and Anakin.

Trench Run ($109.99): Red Five's X-wing and Vader's TIE advanced (in the smaller 2021 style) with a small turbolaser turret and exhaust port. Comes with Luke Skywalker (pilot), Darth Vader, R2-D2, an Imperial Gunner, Red Leader, and a TIE pilot.

Duel over Bespin ($59.99, kind of similar to the 2020 exclusive but hey, it'd be available all over the world.): Carbon Freezing chamber with a catwalk out to the final "No, I am your father" scene. Comes with Luke and Vader.

Final Duel ($49.99): The emperor's throne room with the throne, balcony, stairways, and reactor shaft. Figures are Luke, Palpatine, Vader, and 2 royal guards.

Duel on starkiller base ($29.99): Snowy area with some trees and a play feature to launch the lightsaber towards Rey. Comes with Kylo, Rey, and Finn.

Battle of Crait ($69.99): First Order AT-ST, smaller Ski Speeder, and some grounded terrain. Comes with AT-ST pilot, Poe Dameron, Luke Skywalker, a first order stormtrooper, and Kylo Ren.

Duel over Exogol ($79.99): Large sith throne, omnic harness, jar of snokes and some more tech, as well as an area of the statues/chains?floating platform thing where kylo fights the knights. Comes with Rey, Palpatine (omnic harness), palpatine (reborn), Kylo, 2 preatorian guards, Vicrul, and Trudgen.

On 12/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, ArrowBricks said:

I have decided. Give me sets that have a good price, new figures and sufficient amounts and I’ll respect the set. Lego can do this, I want the heyday back and I’m confident with all this new Star Wars, Lego’s budget (if we are of the school of thought that the budget has been reduced) will be enhanced. It has to. They need to realise Disney + has such a reach... I feel like they underestimated it with the Clone Wars hence only a few sets. 

Would love like 4/5 sets at a time for each new show/film etc. A Bad Batch wave would be sick for example. The Clone Wars s7 had so many sets they could have done and would have sold so well! 

The problem is eventually there's going to be a LOT of concurrent shows. I think there's going to be 4 live action shows in december 2021 alone, and there's a problem with having 20 sets on shelves for a single wave, assuming they don't make a single set that wave for the skywalker saga films, rogue one, solo, or the animated shows. Once you have a certain number of sets on shelves, the individual sets going to sell as well because, well, people don't have infinite money and most collectors probably won't be able to buy 20 sets from a single wave, much less children. And at that point, you're sinking money into production without gaining money from more sales. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The problem is eventually there's going to be a LOT of concurrent shows. I think there's going to be 4 live action shows in december 2021 alone, and there's a problem with having 20 sets on shelves for a single wave, assuming they don't make a single set that wave for the skywalker saga films, rogue one, solo, or the animated shows. Once you have a certain number of sets on shelves, the individual sets going to sell as well because, well, people don't have infinite money and most collectors probably won't be able to buy 20 sets from a single wave, much less children. And at that point, you're sinking money into production without gaining money from more sales. 

This was something I wondered about after Disney's announcements. There is so much new Star Wars content coming out on Disney+, but LEGO seems to be reducing the number of playsets in waves, not increasing them. I presume that they're going to have to pick and choose which shows, if any (and movies, when they come out), get sets, and even then we could only get one or two sets per show, ever. Some things like the Bad Batch or the Rogue Squadron movie will probably get at least one, but I could easily see them choosing to ignore the Acolyte or Kenobi, which would be a damned shame.

I imagine each show will be treated like Resistance and Galaxy's Edge with only 1-2 sets to tie in with the latest release before moving onto the next project.

49 minutes ago, wesker said:

I imagine each show will be treated like Resistance and Galaxy's Edge with only 1-2 sets to tie in with the latest release before moving onto the next project.

I’m not sure, well atleast it shouldn’t be the case since Disney Shows are the new thing and their reach is completely underestimated. 

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

This was something I wondered about after Disney's announcements. There is so much new Star Wars content coming out on Disney+, but LEGO seems to be reducing the number of playsets in waves, not increasing them. I presume that they're going to have to pick and choose which shows, if any (and movies, when they come out), get sets, and even then we could only get one or two sets per show, ever. Some things like the Bad Batch or the Rogue Squadron movie will probably get at least one, but I could easily see them choosing to ignore the Acolyte or Kenobi, which would be a damned shame.

I wonder if they're reducing the amount of sets in the waves to try and assist with their production issues and lack of being able to keep up with demand. I Don t know about other themes, but Star Wars being their easiest/best selling theme would also be the safest to minimise without worry of pickup in the future. So, lower the amount of star wars sets being released, reducing strain on production, let things catch up and get a grasp back on production again, then go back to a sustainable production momentum once things have settled. If you think about it, 9 months later is a pretty decent and not surprising time for the effect to be seen to be responded to with regards to releases. 

As for future releases, I just hope they get out all the decent potential mandalorian sets before jumping into the deep end with the upcoming disney+ star wars stuff. Doesn't even need much to be honest, just 1 or 2 focused waves and it'd be done. 

Yeah, the sheer amount of upcoming shows might be a problem for TLG :grin: Personally, I would rather see them release 1-2 sets per show instead of focussing only on a select few series. And there are certainly shows that provide more set opportunities than others, which should also be taken into account. 

The secrecy surrounding the series might be an additional factor. The Kenobi and Andor ones will certainly have less spoilers than the ones centered around characters whose fates we don’t know yet (The Acolyte, Ahsoka).

Worst case scenario: they ignore the shows and only release vaguely-connected OT sets as tie-ins, similar to how they handled some of the DCEU material (e.g. a set with ANH Obi to tie in with the Kenobi show :tongue:)

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, the sheer amount of upcoming shows might be a problem for TLG :grin: Personally, I would rather see them release 1-2 sets per show instead of focussing only on a select few series. And there are certainly shows that provide more set opportunities than others, which should also be taken into account. 

This is true - given Ahsoka and Rangers are supposed to be concurrent to the Mandalorian, I guess they could find a set that works for multiple series (ideally something Bo Katan related, I'd love for her to show up in Ahsoka).

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’m not sure, well atleast it shouldn’t be the case since Disney Shows are the new thing and their reach is completely underestimated. 

This was my point really: Star Wars now seems to be moving to a more TV-based/serialised franchise than a movie-based one, but LEGO seems to be reluctant to commit to sets from TV. I guess that'll have to change now!

Summer 2021. Give it to me Lego. 

Spoiler

75XXX A-Wing Starfighter (£19.99): Rebel Pilot, Mon Mothma

75XXX Darth Vader's Tie Advanced (£34.99): Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Death Star Trooper 

75XXX Rebel Y-Wing Starfighter (£44.99): Rebel Pilot 'Dex Tiree', R4-D6, General Willard, Rebel Honour Guard 

75XXX Imperial Troop Transport (£54.99): Greef Karga, Mytharol, Scout Trooper (x2)

75XXX Mandalorian Gauntlet Fighter £69.99: Bo-Katan, Koska Reeves, Axe Woves

75XXX Chef Tuggs' Grub Transport (£89.99 - Galaxy's Edge): Strono Tuggs, Dok-Ondar, J2-KC 

75XXX Boba Fett's Slave One (£109.99): Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, Cara Dune, Mayfeld

75XXX CIS Super Battle Droid MTT (£119.99): Tactical Droid, Commando Droid, Super Battle Droid (x6), Anakin Skywalker, Commander Rex 

75XXX Moff Gideon's Star Cruiser (£139.99): Moff Gideon, Tie Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper, Dark Trooper (x2), The Mandalorian, Grogu, Luke Skywalker, Chrome Protocol Droid

Edited by ArrowBricks

6 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Summer 2021. Give it to me Lego. 

Hide contents

75XXX A-Wing Starfighter (£19.99): Rebel Pilot, Mon Mothma

75XXX Darth Vader's Tie Advanced (£34.99): Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Death Star Trooper 

75XXX Rebel Y-Wing Starfighter (£44.99): Rebel Pilot 'Dex Tiree', R4-D6, General Willard, Rebel Honour Guard 

75XXX Imperial Troop Transport (£54.99): Greef Karga, Mytharol, Scout Trooper (x2)

75XXX Chef Tuggs' Grub Transport (£89.99 - Galaxy's Edge): Strono Tuggs, Dok-Ondar, J2-KC 

75XXX Boba Fett's Slave One (£109.99): Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, Cara Dune, Mayfeld

75XXX CIS Super Battle Droid MTT (£119.99): Tactical Droid, Commando Droid, Super Battle Droid (x6), Anakin Skywalker, Commander Rex 

75XXX Moff Gideon's Star Cruiser (£139.99): Moff Gideon, Tie Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper, Dark Trooper (x2), The Mandalorian, Grogu, Luke Skywalker, Chrome Protocol Droid

This would be an amazing wave - and completely destroy my wallet.

Spoiler

I'm really hoping Lego make an ITT soon, as it's one of the more prominent Mando vehicles that doesn't need to include Mando himself. I'd add a speeder bike side build to go along with the scout troopers.

One extra vehicle I'd add to this wave would be Bo Katan's Mandalorian Fighter (possibly instead of the Y-Wing?). This would cover two separate eras - TCW and Mando - and after 8 years or so this ship is probably due for a rerelease.

Edited by MaximillianRebo

On 12/20/2020 at 10:29 PM, MaximillianRebo said:

This would be an amazing wave - and completely destroy my wallet.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm really hoping Lego make an ITT soon, as it's one of the more prominent Mando vehicles that doesn't need to include Mando himself. I'd add a speeder bike side build to go along with the scout troopers.

One extra vehicle I'd add to this wave would be Bo Katan's Mandalorian Fighter (possibly instead of the Y-Wing?). This would cover two separate eras - TCW and Mando - and after 8 years or so this ship is probably due for a rerelease.

Love it. Will edit that idea into the list to make a total of 9 sets. 

My dream for the second half of next year would be a Mandalorian equivalent of Force Friday. A wave of not just eight or so Lego sets, but also (*I’m really dreaming here*) the release of a Mando CMF series. Think about it: we don’t know what the third CMF series will be based on next year and there’s a lot of speculation that we could possibly see a Marvel or Star Wars CMF series thanks to some vague change in the Disney/Hasbro agreement. The Mandalorian is one of the biggest entertainment properties currently, so it would make bank as well.

This list is comprised of some of the ideas that I’ve come up with over the last two months, modified with the benefit of hindsight:

-Duel on Corvus: The little courtyard that Ahsoka Tano and Morgan Elsbeth duel at. This could be the “Mando Friday” equivalent of that random Death Star Turret set from Triple Force Friday 2019, but this time it’d actually be relevant. Both figures would be new of course. ($20)

-Cobb Vanth’s Speeder: Build is what you’d expect; we could get a Moisture Vaporator as a side build. The figures would be Cobb Vanth (New with helmet and hairpiece included!), a Tusken Raider, and maybe the armorless Boba in his robes (New?) ($30)

-Chase on Nevarro: The “Mando Friday” equivalent of the Pasaana Speeder Chase set. It could come with the transport Cara stole and an Imperial Speeder Bike. Figures would include Marshal Cara Dune (New!), Greef Carga (New!), and two Imperial Scout Troopers. ($40)

-Lego Star Wars The Mandalorian Advent Calendar: My idea for the 2021 AC would be completely based on Mando. Figures could be mostly re-uses, but the two exclusives would be Santa Mando and Elf Grogu. ($40)

-Bo Katan’s Mandalorian Fighter: Based on the Mandalorian Gauntlet Fighter that’s shown up in TCW, Rebels, and Mando now. This could be an updated version of the 2011 set made to fit the new starfighter scale. The figures would include Bo (New!), Koska (New!), Axe (New!), and Beskar Mando. ($60)

-The Slave 1: This would tie-in more with The Book of Boba Fett miniseries/special. The build would be a shrunken version of the 20th Anniversary model to accommodate the new starfighter scale. Figures would include repainted Boba Fett (New!), Fennec Shand (New!), and two or three characters from TBoBF. ($100)

Moff Gideon’s Imperial Cruiser ($150): Basically the same as what I said two or three weeks ago; the Arquitens Class Cruiser with Moff Gideon (New figure with new darksaber mold!), Grogu, the female Comms Officer, an Imperial Stormtrooper, and two Dark Troopers (New!).

As for my proposed CMF series, I’ll stick with 12 figures like the other 2021 CMF series, but I’ll note four additional ideas as well.

-Mando: Updated version of his original armor that came with the AT-ST Raider and Razor Crest. It could have the benefit of more detailing: dual molded legs and arm printing. The accessories could be his pulse rifle and a camtono.

-Mando #2: Similar to the 2021 Beskar Mando figure, but this one could have Din Djarin’s face underneath. Both versions of Mando would have fixed printing on the helmet, with a thinner visor, but I don’t think a new mold is necessary to be honest. This version could have the jetpack and come with Grogu.

-The Armorer

-Paz Vizla/Heavy Infantry Mandalorian

-Frog Lady

-Kuiil

-Mayfeld

-The Mythrol: Could come with those credits he always talked about in Chapter 1 as well as that tool he used in Chapter 12.

-Peli Motto with Pit Droid

-Dr. Pershing

-The Client: Could come with a 1x2 plate of beskar steel.

-Trapper Wolf

And here are four additional ideas in case Lego were to go back to having sixteen figures per series.

-Din Djarin (Child)

-Death Watch Mandalorian

-Incinerator or Mortar Stormtrooper

-Lang (Micheal Biehn’s character from Chapter 13)

Set I'm surprised we haven't seen: Microfighter 2-pack with Kuiil on a Blurgg vs. Offworld Jawa on a Sandcrawler.

Edited by The Pearson

It would be nice to get some more Clone Wars minifigures. Here's some ideas:

• Jedi & Clone troopers battle pack 2 : Eeth Koth, Adi Gallia & 2 Horn company Phase 1 Clone troopers. Build could be a Barc Speeder in grey and dark red.
  • Jedi & Clone troopers battle pack 3 : Tiplar, Tiplee, Commander Doom & Phase 2 Ringo Vinda Clone trooper with shield. Build could be a Dwarf spider droid.

Possibly Duel on Dagobah (another Bespin Luke :wink:), Duel on Coruscant (Yoda/Sheev), or (Mando spoilers)

Spoiler

Moff Gideon's Cruiser Hallway - elevator, Dark Troopers, hood/cape Luke (maybe a new torso with the robe/belt?)

Edited by Yoshifan33

I thought up of a potential/wishful summer wave for this year taking everything into account (Movies, Mando, etc).

Starting off, I think BPs will return. I think the initial wave was built as an experiment wave and I don't think Lego had the necessary production to put them out in time. That being said, I don't see a Clone BP happening any time soon, especially with the 501st one released.

Rebel Troopers Battlepack (15$): We haven't had a Rebel based BP in a while and the Fleet Troopers are still sort-of in production. 

-Minifigures: Rebel Fleet Trooper (3x), Rebel Pilot (1x)

-Build could be a small remake of the 2008 BP or something completely new like a speeder

Jabba's Henchmen Battlepack (15$): This is the wildcard BP slot, as in recent years we've had more unique/odd picks for BP. In addition, it could work with some of the system sets being released. 

-Minifigures: Gamorrean Guard (2x), Gran Guard (1x), Weequay Guard (1x) 

-Build could be a chibi Skiff

System scale sets are a bit more difficult. I aimed for around 9, 5 for the main movies, 2 for the Mandalorian, 1 for Bad Batch, and 1 for TCW. 

Duel Aboard the Arquitens (20$): You would think a franchise that has a description of every background character would be bothered to give Gideon's cruiser a name, but nope. Here's our duel set that was absent from the Winter Wave.

-Minifigures: Moff Gideon, Din Djarin 

-Build could have half the set be based inside the prison room and the other half in the hallway

A-Wing (30$): Shocked this ship doesn't get as much flak as Luke's Landspeeder or Snowspeeders, because it gets just as many remakes. With a new scale for ships, an OT version is inevitable. 

-Minifigures: A-Wing Pilot, Mon Mothma, Mon Cala Mechanic 

-Build is very similar to the ROS version, maybe scaled a bit down in line with the recent X-Wing and Tie Fighter. A small cargo train could be included.

Imperial Troop Transport (40$): Initially appearing in the Rebels Storm Trooper BP, I think this vehicle is overdue for a system scale set.

-Minifigures: Imperial Tank Driver, Storm Trooper (2x), Cara Dune 

-Build is, well, ya know, the ITT. Scale could be similar to the TX-225 tank from the R1 wave.

Naboo Starfighter (40$): Haven't seen it in a while, same story. Now it IS possible we could see the Royal Starship instead since it is appearing in TSS, though I doubt it considering many things outside of sets have appeared in games. 

-Minifigures: Anakin Skywalker (EP1), R2-D2, B1 Security Droid (2x)

-Build is the N1 is the new scale, though I think they should scrap the extra side builds for a more detailed craft. 

B-Wing (50$): The one of the few OT ships I would be happy for a remake. I think its also inevitable since it has not had a remake in years and has been added recently to Squadrons.

-Minifigures: Ten Numb, Nien Nunb, Lando 

-Build is only the B-Wing, scaled in the new style. I could see the wings being the main areas of improvement.

First Order AT-ST (60$): Lego can now redeem themselves with this set. Jokes aside, I really can't think of any ST sets that would remake well or haven't been made outside of obscure ones like the UA-TT. 

-Minifigures: FO Snow Trooper, FO Walker Pilot, Resistance Trooper (2x)

-Build is the FO Walker, but with a head this time. 

Jabba's Sail Barge (90$): Haven't seen one of these in a while so I think its likely, especially with a MBS Jabba's Palace being possible next year. 

-Minifigures: Jabba, Boushh Leia (I don't know the rules on the "Huttslayer" Leia now, so I'm going to avoid it), Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, Max Rebo

-Build is a bit smaller to the 2013 version, maybe with a few parts removed to keep the price down. 

AT-TE (120$): If the rumors are true, we're getting the Republic Gunship this year as our UCS. In every wave, however, a gunship has been released with an AT-TE accompanying it. I think its been long enough for a remake.

-Minifigures: Captain Rex, Ahsoka Tano (S7), Darth Maul (Siege of Mandalore), 332nd Clone Trooper, Mandalorian Supercommando

-Build is based off the S7 appearance of the AT-TE, which indeed looks like an AT-TE. Build could be a bit bigger than the 2013 version, maybe with an expanded interior and spring missile feature.

Bad Batch Shuttle (130$): If a Bad Batch set happens, it will likely be this. Not much to say on it.

-Minifigures: Crosshair, Tech, Hunter, Wrecker, Echo (5 isn't a lot but they all require new prints or molds, so I can't see there being any beyond the 5).

-Build is the shuttle, of course with no nose art because it was cut from the show. 

4 hours ago, Gontron said:

I thought up of a potential/wishful summer wave for this year taking everything into account (Movies, Mando, etc).

Duel Aboard the Arquitens (20$): You would think a franchise that has a description of every background character would be bothered to give Gideon's cruiser a name, but nope. Here's our duel set that was absent from the Winter Wave.

Good ideas for the summer wave. Mandalorian is actually kind of unique in that due to a complete lack of story tie-ins, everything we know about it is from the show itself, at least until that visual dictionary comes out.

My own take on the summer wave, consisting of 6 sets plus the battle packs and duel, which I'll assume were delayed for the sake of this list. I try to include a balance between trilogies, plus a set or two for each of the 2021 shows. More mando sets are confirmed by reliable leakers, too)

Battle packs: 

Imperial remnant pack ($14.99): 2x remnant troopers (stormtroopers with dirt stains), 1x death trooper, 1x incinerator trooper. Build is an e-web with some terrain/wreckage. Reasoning: It's a mando set (which we know is coming), and it's been a bit since the last imperial trooper battlepack.

Rebel commandos battle pack ($14.99): 3x endor rebel commando (one looks like rex), 1x ewok scout. Build is a tree with a net trap and catapult. Reasoning: Most obvious options (clones, mandos, etc) have been done recently, it's been awhile since a rebel battlepack, and it fits with the imperial shuttle of 1hy.

Duel: Duel on geonosis ($19.99): Geonosis hanger small build with a collapsing pillar and console with death star plans. Figures are Dooku and Yoda. Reasoning: last two years have had a duel, all OT duels have been done in some form in the last two years ($20 death star set with old ben is similar enough to what his duel would be, final duel, and bespin duel exclusive), and we haven't had a dooku since 2013.

Other sets:

Star Wars: Visions set ($29.99): 2 figures. Reasoning: We know visions is coming this year but know literally nothing else about it, so there's not much I can do for it. Given that it's an animated show, lego's most likely to make a single small set for it's initial season.

Exogol ($49.99): Sith throne, omnic harness, and small tech stuff area with jar of snokes. Comes with Palpatine (omnic), palpatine (reborn), Rey Skywalker, and Ben solo.

Trexler Marauder ($49.99): Trexler marauder film with a speeder bike side build. Comes with Beskar Mando, Mythrol, Cara, Greef, and a scout trooper.

Imperial assault lander ($69.99): Assault lander from "the tragedy" with 2x stormtrooper, stormtrooper commander, mortar stormtrooper, fennec shand and Boba fett (reclaimed armor). Reasoning: mando set, loose tie in to BOBF (a slave one seems more likely for a 2022 release).

Bad Batch shuttle ($89.99): Bad batch shuttle with Hunter, Wrecker, Crosshair, Tech, Echo, and a GNK droid. Reasoning: ties in to both clone wars season 7 and bad batch, is a new and interesting shuttle design, and it would have desirable figures.

Resistance B-wing ($99.99): B-wing with stand and small rebel command center like the 2000 model. Comes with Aftab Ackbar, Snap Wexley, General Leia, Poe Dameron, resistance trooper, and a sith trooper.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:46 AM, The Stud said:

the release of a Mando CMF series.

A Mando Cmf would be a great way to cover the show, which let's face it, doesn't have a lot of set-suitable material. Some of the suggestions made above are good but highly unlikely. I think even the Artiquens is pushing it (they only do a Star Destroyer once in a blue moon). Realistically I could see us getting a ITT/Marauder, Imperial landing craft with Fett and Shand, and maybe a larger set with Bo Katan but beyond that I'm really struggling to see TLG committing to it.

A cmf series however? Yes, yes. Sign me up. Great way to get Kuill, the Client, Pershing, any number of faceless bounty hunters, Frog Lady and her egg jar... great idea. And if it were Mando specific, they can still use the main-saga characters as bait in larger sets.

Does anyone think that we may get a 'The High Republic' theme?  They did this with 'The Old Republic' I expect they may stick to the movies/streaming but Lucasfilm have pushed this project like no other outside of TV/Movies beforehand...

This dropped today.  Got me thinking that Lego may jump on board as some of their other licences have.

Just now, Darth Malgus said:

Does anyone think that we may get a 'The High Republic' theme?  They did this with 'The Old Republic' I expect they may stick to the movies/streaming but Lucasfilm have pushed this project like no other outside of TV/Movies beforehand...

This dropped today.  Got me thinking that Lego may jump on board as some of their other licences have.

The old republic was a game franchise, and lego does do sets for games. They've never done sets for books or comics, and there isn't any high republic merchandise at all to my knowledge. I'd say there's a 1% chance or lower of getting a set for this interconnected publishing story, though for the era itself we could maybe get a few sets for the acolyte in 2023, seeing as it's a show and supposed to be around the same time as the high republic.

31 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The old republic was a game franchise, and lego does do sets for games. They've never done sets for books or comics, and there isn't any high republic merchandise at all to my knowledge. I'd say there's a 1% chance or lower of getting a set for this interconnected publishing story, though for the era itself we could maybe get a few sets for the acolyte in 2023, seeing as it's a show and supposed to be around the same time as the high republic.

They did do both the TIE Drone and TIE Crawler, both of which were from comics. They also did the E-Wing as Jek-14's fighter. Beyond those exceptions, they haven't done any recently or at all.

I’m pretty sure High Republic has been trademarked for all sorts of merchandise, including toys, so it’s possible we can see Lego stuff down the line. It really just depends how successful this campaign by Lucasfilm turns out to be. I know I’m personally not very interested in it, but there are a lot of really cool vehicle and character designs that could be translated to Lego form.

Edited by The Stud

Gonna take a stab at what the 2HY sets could be based on the current rumoured price list.

75308 - $199 - UCS ARC 170 (a complete shot in the dark, trying to think a ship that hasn't been done before)

75309 - $349 - UCS Republic Gunship (going off the current rumour)

75310 - $19 - Duel set, either Mandalore or Exegol

75312 - $49 - Imperial Troop Transport

75313 - $799 - UCS Death Star with exterior panels

75314 - $99 - Palpatine's Arrest (similar style and same price point as Final Duel)

75315 - $159 - Either a Venator or Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser

75316 - $59 - Bo Katan's Mandalorian Fighter (or maybe a TIE Bomber, if it's done in the same style as the new TIE Fighter)

Edited by MaximillianRebo

Here are my personal guesses and the minifigure selections that I both want to see and think are likely for the given set.

75308 - $199 - Could be anything. An X-Wing or Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced or maybe something unlike any other UCS set that’s come before. (Like not a starfighter or playset.)

75309 - $349 - UCS Republic Gunship [Comes with two clone pilots, three plain P1 clone troopers, and then either Cody or a modern Jedi Bob.]

75310 - $19 - A remake of Rey’s Speeder [Would come with ideally a new Rey, Finn, and BB-8.]

75312 - $49 - Imperial Troop Transport [Would come with a speeder bike as well. The figures would be Marshal Cara Dune, Greef Karga, two Stormtroopers, and a Scout Trooper.]

75313 - $799 - UCS Death Star [I’m not sure what minifigures this would come with, besides Tarkin maybe, or what the build would entail.]

75314 - $99 - The Bad Batch Shuttle [This would come with all five Bad Batch members and a Gonk Droid.]

75315 - $159 - Moff Gideon's Imperial Cruiser [This would have the same figure selection as my previous pitch: Moff Gideon with new Darksaber pieces, an Imperial Comms Officer, Grogu, two Dark Troopers, and maybe a plain stormtrooper.]

75316 - $59 - Another helmet; probably related to The Mandalorian. Could be Din’s helmet or maybe even a Dark Trooper.

Hopefully, we get a few more sets thoughout the year, like maybe some surprise retail exclusives. I still want more Clone Wars sets but I fear the ship for that has sailed. Ideally we get more Mando sets, and with those, new Rosari-ahsoka Tano and Bo-Katan minifigures.

Edited by The Stud

Also having a go at predictions for the summer wave. Most of these are complete stabs in the dark.

75308 ($200): UCS Gunship. I'm assuming the spring UCS set is going to be a big playset along the lines of the Tantive IV, which makes the design window for the Gunship a bit more realistic with an autumn release.

75309 ($350): MBS Endor bunker. For MBS I'm not sure anything else is particularly realistic; although a Masasi temple would be nice and would tie in with the winter releases, I don't think there's enough there to appeal to the masses.

75310 ($20): Duel on Exegol I guess? This one kinda has me stumped, for some reason I didn't see the duel sets continuing. Otherwise possibly a snowspeeder.

75312 ($50): Naboo starfighter. Not sure there's much they could/need to do to update the design, but it has been a while since we had one, and it's a recognisable prequel ship.

75313 ($800): Death Star II as per the rumours.

75314 ($100): Bad Batch shuttle, with the five members of the Bad Batch. Possibly wishful thinking.

75315 ($160): Moff Gideon's Arquitens cruiser. Also possible wishful thinking but I think this is slightly more likely than the Bad Batch.

75316 ($60): B-wing. Can be Resistance or Rebellion; haven't had the former yet, and the latter could do with an update.