darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Reposting this until Lego produces them. (Why do they keep pumping out the 10th version of an X-Wing and other ships, while there are so many really cool designs, that have not yet seen production?)

1. Imperial Light cruiser:

31543130193_f534e897e5_b.jpg

2. Imperial Raider class corvette:

cOVTT0f.jpg

3. Imperial assault gunboat:

resize:1600:900

and 4. Iron squadron freighter:

star_wars___outrider_by_adamkop_dbil58t-

I think Lego should make more force unleashed sets, the old republic, and the invisible hand.

My other wishlist is Fvies becoming a minifigure, second is Wolfpack battle pack, Geneious Battle Arena, a update Rogue shadow, Death star 2 like they did in 2005, and Kamino in general.

Edited by 9v brick master

3 hours ago, 9v brick master said:

My other wishlist is Fvies becoming a minifigure

"find him...find him...fives...FIND HIM FIVES!" 

Fives would make such a good figure, I'm not one for "we need a battlepack for every legion", but it's been 8 years since the last arc trooper, Fives with some GAR vehicle or something as a set in that $20-30 range would be amazing.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:51 AM, furiothecat said:

Following on from the previous mentions of Separatist vessels, there is one that would make an excellent smaller set: the Ginivex-class fanblade starfighter (which is used by Ventress in both Legends and Canon, though the Legends version looks a little cleaner). The 'fan' might be tricky, but it could be done with some kind of concertina using the same sort of thin plastic as the sails on the Sail Barge. Given it's diminutive size, it could probably be done within 350 pieces (maybe even less), which would, based on recent pricing trends, probably go for £50-60 with a few minifigures (ventress, anakin (ripped clothing), arc trooper lieutenant). 

It's a pretty obscure set so I'm not sure they'd go for it, but I guess they did the Azure angel. It would certainly be an interesting design. I could see it at $40ish given it would't need to many pieces.

I did one for the prequels and OT, so here's a sequel fleet wave:

Microfighters:

Starfortess Bomber ($9.99): Paige Tico 

First Order Trooper Transport ($9.99): Captain Phasma

Poe's X-wing vs TIE fighter ($19.99): Poe's Black one and a first order TIE, comes with Poe Dameron (pilot), BB-8, and a first order TIE pilot.

Battle packs: 

Resistance Fleet ($14.99): Abenado Ground tech, Finch Dallow, Jess Pava, Resistance Trooper. Build is a Resistance DF.12 turret

First order Fleet ($14.99): First order TIE pilot, special forces TIE pilot, First order officer, First order ground tech. Build is a first order banner and speeder bike.

Other sets:

Duel on the supremacy ($24.99): Build for the supremacy duel between finn and phasma with debris and that elevating platform thing. Comes with Finn (officer disguise), Phasma (Battle damage), First order stormtrooper.

Resistance A-wing ($29.99): Tallie's A-wing (ideally this would have a smoother build for the wings than the 2019 model) with Tallie, a Resistance trooper, and a First order Heavy Trooper.

TIE whisper ($59.99): Kylo's TIE whisper, similar to vonreg's TIE, with Kylo Ren (unmasked, TROS outfit), Palpatine (zombie-like), Soviergn protector, Rey (hooded)

Black One ($79.99): Poe's X-wing in the 2015 color scheme with the 2020 engine model and other upgrades. Comes with Poe (pilot), Finn (episode 7), Phasma, First order stormtrooper, BB-8.

Sith Star Destroyer ($149.99): Sith star destroyer, like the one from TROS with the red accent. Interior has rooms for big palpatine hologram, conference room, armory, and bridge. Comes with Hux, Pryde, 2x first order officer, 2x first order stormtrooper, Chewbacca (no bandolier), Poe Dameron (TROS), Trudgel.

The Raddus ($179.99): MC-85 with separate interior rooms. This build would likely require a stand. Interior rooms include Bridge, hanger, medbay, and a Conference/briefing room. Comes with Finn (bacta), Poe (dress uniform), General Leia, Nien Numb, 2x resistance trooper, 2x resistance officer, admiral Ackbar, Kylo ren (Last Jedi), First order stormtrooper.

January wave predictions.  My gut tells me that if we do get any big stuff, it won't be until the summer, since we didn't really get any massive sets this January, the biggest being the X-Wing and TIE, but those are more medium-to-large sets with a large price point, in my opinion.  Since battle packs apparently may not be coming with this wave (:sad:), I'm holding off on those.

Microfighters (assuming we still get them):

The Razor Crest - Includes Mando (not Beskar).  $9.99

Luke's Landspeeder - It blows my mind that we haven't gotten this yet, and we are pretty much obliged to get some rendition of the Landspeeder every year.  Includes Tatooine Luke.  $9.99

Imperial AT-ST vs. Speeder Bike - AT-ST includes Chewbacca, Speeder bike includes a biker scout.  Not sure if they'd give us 3 figures but really you could do two speeder bikes and biker scouts but I'm not sure if they'd go for that.  $19.99

Slave I - 4+ set similar in size to the Cloud City one, but a bit more <insert that tiresome argument> (getting rid of some of the greebles or more fragile details) Includes Boba Fett, Carbonite Han Solo piece, and Luke Skywalker (Bespin).  $29.99

Duel on Mandalore - Includes Ahsoka Tano and Darth Maul.  Build based on the Mandalorian throne room with a chair at one end, doorway at the other, and a wall with windows on the other (the final side is open for play access).  The glass can be "shattered" as the main play feature.  $24.99  OR  Duel on Exegol - Includes Palpatine's throne, one of the cloning tank things (maybe with some Snoke parts?), and some of the large statues in the background, as well as some sort of hole/splitting ground feature to represent the big hole.  Includes Rey, Ben, and Palpatine.  Also $24.99

Naboo Flash Speeder - Includes Captain Panaka, Padme (red battle outfit), a Naboo security officer, and 2x battle droids.  $29.99

Lars Homestead - Basically two smaller versions of Ben's hut connected.  One is the workshop/garage area with oil bath, model Skyhopper, and various tools/parts scattered around.  The other is the kitchen/dining room with the table, chairs, blue milk, and cooking area.  Maybe includes a moisture vaporator too.  Includes Owen Lars, Beru Lars, Treadwell Droid, C-3PO, and Tatooine Luke.  $39.99

Something from S2 of Mandalorian priced around $50-60 USD, I don't think they'll make the same mistake of only having one set from the show available.  

Republic Y-Wing Bomber - Blue one from the Clone Wars finale.  Includes Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, R7-A7, and a 332nd trooper.  $69.99

Gideon's TIE Fighter - Includes Moff Gideon with the darksaber, Beskar Mando with jetpack, 2x Stormtroopers, and Cara Dune.  $79.99

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Microfighters (assuming we still get them):

The Razor Crest - Includes Mando (not Beskar).  $9.99

Duel on Mandalore - Includes Ahsoka Tano and Darth Maul.  Build based on the Mandalorian throne room with a chair at one end, doorway at the other, and a wall with windows on the other (the final side is open for play access).  The glass can be "shattered" as the main play feature.  $24.99

Gideon's TIE Fighter - Includes Moff Gideon with the darksaber, Beskar Mando with jetpack, 2x Stormtroopers, and Cara Dune.  $79.99

Good idea for a January wave list. The ones I kept in the quote are the ones I'm using some variant of.

Microfighters:
Razor Crest ($9.99): Mandalorian (not beskar) (literally the same as Kit Figsto's :laugh:)

Gideon's TIE ($9.99): Moff Gideon (no cape, blaster)

Grievous's wheel bike vs Boga ($19.99): Grievous (with magnaguard staff), Obi-wan (lightsaber, blaster)

Reasoning: Mandalorian hype and merchandise should lead to a razor crest microfighter, as well as the trend of ships in late summer getting microfighters the next january. Gideon's TIE as an enemy ship. Wheel bike v boga fills the "obscure/unique vehicle versus brick-built animal" trope of the past few years, and reuses grievous figure. (Ideally they'd fix obi-wan's torso by january, though)

No battle packs, supposedly :(

Juniors: Speeder Chase ($29.99): 2 blockier speeder bikes, a tree with a catapult feature and leaf cover feature to hide an ewok. Comes with Wicket, Endor Luke, and a Scout Trooper.

Reasoning: a speeder chase is long overdue, all the juniors sets have been OT, and a "race" type set would sell well with small children.

Duel: Duel on mandalore ($19.99): Like Kit Figsto described, with the throne and exploding windows, but instead of a doorway it's the window Maul is pushed through. Figures are, of course, S7 Ahsoka and Maul.

Reasoning: It's inevitable.

Other sets:

Rebel Command Center ($29.99): Comes with Mon Mothma, General Lando and Admiral Ackbar. Build of the Briefing room and the bridge separated by a sliding door and hinged. 
Reasoning: it's one of the OT location sets priced around $30 with minimal or no conflict lego is so fond of. Lando and Ackbar should draw enough sales as recognizable characters and the Afols get our first Mon Mothma since 2009.

Separatist Forces ($29.99): Built as a Separatist equivalent to the 501st set, it comes with a Crab droid, dwarf spider droid, droidika, 3x b1s, b1 commander, 2 b2s,  and 2 212th Clones.

Reasoning: with no traditional battle packs, it's been speculated that the 501st set is the first of the "new" battle pack style for lego. This would be an opposing pack with mostly separatist forces.

Imperial Trooper transport ($39.99): Sort of like the 501st set in terms of being similar to a large battle pack. The build would be similarly sized to that of the one in my MOC thread, and come with a speeder bike in the same style as the 2020 AT-AT, but in the Navarro color scheme. Comes with two stormtroopers, 2 death troopers, Cara Dune and IG-11 with this part attached to his "neck" holding baby yoda.

Reasoning: This would work well as a smaller mandalorian set and in the newer style of battle pack, which allows it to have a large-ish number of troops. IG-11 and baby yoda aren't full minifigures, with along with being a battle pack allows for the 7 figures in a $40 set.

Battle of Yerbana ($49.99): Corporate Alliance Tank droid, command center and 212th BARC. Comes with Anakin, a 501st jet trooper, 212th trooper, tactical droid and 2 b1s.

Reasoning: this would capitalize on the clone wars hype, and provide vehicles for each side for a relatively small price.

Exogol ($59.99): Large duel build like snoke's throne room. Comes with the sith throne, and offset on each side a small sciency area with the jar of snokes and palpatine's puppet arm thing, and on the other side a representation of where ben fights the knights. Comes with Rey, Ben, Palpatine (zombie), palpatine (reborn), and two KoR.

Reasoning: Exogol is one of the most iconic TROS scenes, and a release a year after the film would allow for spoilers. Building it at a larger scale similar to Snoke's throne room allows for enough figures and the builds needed to complete the scene.

Gideon's TIE fighter ($79.99): Gideon's Outland TIE, like a normal TIE but with folding wings. Has a small 100-ish piece side build of some of the cantina, as well as an E-Web. Comes with Moff Gideon (cape and darksaber), a stormtrooper, the mandalorian (beskar), and Greef Carga.

Reasoning: Again comes out long enough after the final episode to allow for it to be spoilery, and would provide an enemy vehicle to the Razor Crest.

Resistace B-wing ($89.99): Resistance B-wing build with stand and small representation of the command center. Comes with Aftab Ackbar, Poe Dameron (outfit from the y-wing set), General Leia, a resistance trooper, BB-8, and a Sith trooper.

Reasoning: It's been a long time since the last B-wing and would complete the resistance's "-wings". We also need a new general leia figure.

CMF series ideas:

I made one for the PT, OT/ ST, and Rogue One, didn't do Solo because I haven't seen it for a while, and I think if they did any for TV, it'd be likely just Clone Wars, I would guess a few fan-favorite clones and then mostly just TCW versions of Jedi.

Rogue One

1. Galen Erso (opening scene)

2. Lyra Erso (opening scene)

3. Orson Krennic (opening scene)

4. Jyn Erso (either her Imperial disguise or the poncho)

5. Saw Gerrera (old)

6. Cassian Andor (tan outfit, or Imperial Officer disguise)

7. Mon Mothma

8. General Draven

9. Antoc Merrick

10. Chirrut Imwe

11. Baze Malbus

12. Bodhi Rook 

13. Benthic (Two Tubes)

14. K-2SO

15. Jedha Pilgrim

16. Vaneé

Sequel Series

1. Rey (end of TROS)

2. Finn (Stormtrooper)

3. Kylo Ren (Ben Swolo version :laugh:)

4. Luke Skywalker (TLJ Projection)

5. General Leia Organa (TROS version)

6. Snap Wexley

7. Corporal Connix

8. Paige Tico

9. Poe Dameron (TROS version)

10. Wedge Antillies (TROS)

11. Lor San Tekka

12. Lando Calrissian (disguise when he first appears in TROS)

13. Han Solo (maybe wearing the coat from the end of TFA?)

14. General Hux (TROS probably)

15. Ach-To Caretaker (with wheelbarrow)

16. Zombie Palpatine

OT Series - 

1. Grand Moff Tarkin

2. General Jan Dodonna

3. Luke Skywalker (Yavin Celebration)

4. Han Solo (Endor with green jacket)

5. Princess Leia (Endor OR as Boushh)

6. Lando Calrissian (Ep VI, as Rebel general)

7. Owen Lars

8. Beru Lars

9. Willrow Hood

10. Biggs Darklighter (from the ANH deleted scene)

11. E-3PO (aka "E Chu Ta!" droid)

12. Emperor Palpatine (based on the original version from Ep V)

13. Sim Aloo

14. Zuckuss

15. 4-LOM

16. Bossk

Prequel Series -

1. Chancellor Valorum 

2. Padme Amidala (Ep I red battle outfit, includes a pistol)

3. Jocasta Nu 

4. Wat Tambor

5. Boss Nass

6. Shmi Skywalker

7. Cliegg Lars

8. Medical Droid (from Ep III when Padme is giving birth, includes two baby pieces to represent Luke and Leia)

9. Zam Wessell (double sided face)

10. Aurra Sing (Ep I)

11. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ep II with dark brown cloak)

12. Anakin Skywalker (Ep III, his black outfit but finally without the pilot headset)

13. Commander Cody

14. Lama Su

15. Dexter Jettster (using the Pong Krell mold)

16. Bail Organa 

Edited by Kit Figsto

I'd actually like to see Luke's Red Five helmet as one of those 18+ sets, and it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility, even though the Starbirds and the visor could be difficult to execute convincingly.

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I'd actually like to see Luke's Red Five helmet as one of those 18+ sets, and it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility, even though the Starbirds and the visor could be difficult to execute convincingly.

This would be really interesting to see actually. I guess they could use some printed 4x4 dishes similar to what they had on the TIE pilot for the Starbirds?

My idea is based on the trailer.

We get a brand new First Order AT-ST Walker.

image.png

I figured I would give my variation of the 2021 wave based on the idea that it would be smaller in both individual set size and quantity than usual with no battle packs. I would say these are 50% want and 50% tempered expectations.

Microfighters

AT-TE ($9.99) Clone Gunner phase II

Jedi Starfighter ($9.99) Plo Koon

Blurrg and Sandcrawler ($19.99) Kuiil and Off-World Jawa

The standalone Microfighters tend to still be paired based on conflict, but I would wager Lego knows by now that Microfighters with battle droids don't sell well. So I went with a Clone and Jedi conflict with two vehicles that have been passed over for some odd reason. For the combined pack, I doubt lego would put the Mandalorian or Gideon in a microfighter yet, and speeder bikes are too small to micro-size. Kuiil is a figure that has a high risk of being skipped and a Jawa recolor seems like something Lego would jump at releasing in some form.

4+

Tie Bomber ($29.99) Tie Pilot, Imperial Officer (Either Naval Captain or Admiral rank), Stormtrooper. Includes a star destroyer panel build.

Reasoning: A full scale tie bomber is not going to happen, but as a larger scale 4+ set I could see it happening.

Standard Wave

Jabba's Message ($19.99) C-3PO, R2-D2, Bib Fortuna.

A remake of the palace gate build as a standalone set. Includes a B'omarr monk droid.

Escape from Nevarro ($24.99) Beskar Mandalorian, Paz Vizsla, Nevarro Bounty Hunter (Rodian)

A small build of the Nevarro streets and buildings featuring enough terrain that figures can take cover behind along with the small astromech piloted speeder.

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid ($29.99) Captain Rex, Phase II Clone Trooper, B2 Battle droid x2

A Clone Wars set meant to sell Captain Rex mostly along with an updated blank phase two trooper. 

Mandalore Throne Room ($39.99) Bo Katan, 332nd clone, Maul, Minister Almec

Lego would be smarter to keep Ahsoka exclusive to one set, but that does not mean the throne room has to be forgotten. Instead I just say throw in exclusive figures of Bo Katan and Almec who don't require unique helmet molds.

Detention Block Escape ($59.99) Luke (Dirty Stormtrooper Disguise), Chewbacca, Leia, Han (Stormtrooper), Imperial Security Officer

A larger original trilogy Death Star playset. A two layered build featuring the communications center, small indication of the detention hallway with a cell on one side and a minifigure sized vent on the other on the top layer. The bottom layer features the trash room with a trap door build that drops a figure to the Dianoga compartment along with compressing walls. Includes the interrogation droid and the Dianoga.

Moff Gideon's Tie Fighter ($79.99) Moff Gideon, The Client, Death Trooper, Remnant Stormtrooper.

Edited by LurkingEhlek
Fixing format

My dream. All new prequel collection waves. Here is the all new 20XX The Phantom Menace Wave, Attack of the Clones Wave, Revenge of the Sith Wave etc etc. Up first is TPM...Let me know what you think! 

A new Battle Droid Mould is ESSENTIAL. LEGO YOU CAN START A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF BATTLE DROID COLLECTING.

TPM:
75XXX Trade Federation Invasion Forces £24.99 (Small Troop Carrier + STAP, Kaadu): Battle Droid Commander, Battle Droid Pilot, Battle Droid (x3), Gungan Warrior (x2)

75XXX Gian Speeder £29.99: Padme Amidala (Purple Battle outfit), Naboo Security Guard, Naboo Royal Guard 

75XXX Trade Federation AAT £34.99:  Nute Gunray, Security Battle Droid, Battle Droid, Sio Bibble 

75XXX Naboo Starfighter £44.99: Anakin Skywalker, R2-D2, Naboo Pilot Arven Wendik, R2-C4, Naboo Engineer(Nici Burren), Droideka (x2)

75XXX Naboo Royal Starship £99.99: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Ric Olie, Queen Amidala, R2-D2, R2-R9

75XXX Mos Espa Podrace £109.99 (Booth, Stand, Start/Finish Line): Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, Shmi Skywalker, Watto, Fodesinbeed Annodue, Pit Droid 

75XXX Republic Cruiser £119.99: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Maoi Makador, Antidar Williams, TC-14

After today's Mos Eisley Cantina leak I'd definitely like to see Tatooine expanded upon even further with sets like Tosche Station, Watto's Shop and Anakin's Home. They wouldn't need to be too expensive - something along the price range of Obi-Wan's Hut would be ideal. It would be a nice way to build up a proper Tatooine town as well as deliver some long overdue characters like Shmi and TPM C-3PO.

Edited by wesker

6 hours ago, wesker said:

After today's Mos Eisley Cantina leak I'd definitely like to see Tatooine expanded upon even further with sets like Tosche Station, Watto's Shop and Anakin's Home. They wouldn't need to be too expensive - something along the price range of Obi-Wan's Hut would be ideal. It would be a nice way to build up a proper Tatooine town as well as deliver some long overdue characters like Shmi and TPM C-3PO.

I don't know if we'd ever get Tosche Station, as I believe we only ever see it in a deleted scene, and the figures would just be farmboy luke alongside his tatooine friends, all plain clothed humans, who aren't the most interesting to lego's target audience.

But Wattos' shop as a $25-30 set, maybe with anakin, watto, Qui-gon and a pit droid would work super well and sounds just like something lego would make.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:01 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't know if we'd ever get Tosche Station, as I believe we only ever see it in a deleted scene, and the figures would just be farmboy luke alongside his tatooine friends, all plain clothed humans, who aren't the most interesting to lego's target audience.

But Wattos' shop as a $25-30 set, maybe with anakin, watto, Qui-gon and a pit droid would work super well and sounds just like something lego would make.

Especially since they seem more willing to give us rarer characters in cheap sets these days.  It would appeal to people who are a fan of the prequels or kids who don't have any set like that, and also appeal to collectors due to being a cheap way to get Watto.  My hunch is that if we ever did get a SW CMF series, that'd be a perfect opportunity to give us Biggs from that deleted scene, unfortunately I think Camie and Fixer are just too obscure but that Biggs outfit at least has some relevance.  As a kid, I'd actually read the original storybook from the 70s, which included some of the Tatooine deleted scenes (Luke with Treadwell and Tosche Station), so I always loved those scenes, even if it wasn't actually in the movie.  I'd love some figs from it.

Also, other potential MBS playset ideas (excluding Yavin or the Jedi Temple, because I think myself and a few others already gave some concept/minifigure ideas):

Mos Espa Podrace - $350 USD.  Includes the starting grid, viewing box with elevator on the "infield", small section of terrain, announcer box, and Jabba's booth.  Also includes 4 Podracers - Anakin's, Sebulba's, Gasgano's, and Neva Kee's.  Probably released concurrently with some podracer sets.  Minifigures: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, Gasgano, Neva Kee, C-3PO (unfinished, with flag), Qui-Gon Jinn, Shmi Skywalker, Padme, Watto, Jabba the Hutt, Bib Fortuna (ep I), 2x Tusken Raider, Aurra Sing, Fodesinbeed Annodue, Ben Quadrianros, Mars Guro, Clegg Holdfast, and maybe a couple of background aliens (total of roughly 20).  Also a lot of pit droids, 8-12, but since they're brick-built, I don't think they count as figures.

Jabba's Palace - $400 USD.  Basically a much larger version of the 2013 version.  I would probably do the front façade appearing as the outside of the palace, while the back is open.  Includes the front entrance hall with gate and sentry droid, guard tower, throne room, wall with carbonite display, droid "repair" room, and a prison cell.  I think if they did it right and made the front exterior tall enough, they could include the Rancor Pit and just disguise it so that you can only tell it's there from the back, as opposed to stacking the façade above the pit, which doesn't display well.  Minifigures are Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb, Max Rebo, Sy Snootles, Droopy McCool, Boba Fett, Leia in Boushh disguise, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight), Malakii, 2x Gamorrean Guard, Han Solo + Carbonite piece, Lando Calrissian (Palace disguise), EV-9D9, 8D8 with gonk droid, Tessek, Ephant Mon, and the Rancor.  No Oola cause I don't think they're making toys of her anymore.  

Jabba's Sail Barge - $350 USD.  Again, just a larger version of the system scale ones, but also includes the Sarlacc and two Skiffs.  Includes Jabba, Luke, Lando, Boba Fett, Han, Chewbacca, Saelt Marae, 4x Weequay guards, 2x Nikto guards, 2x Gamorrean guards, R2-D2 (bartender), Huttslayer Leia (doubt we get her again), Ree-Yees, 2x human palace guards.  

Never going to happen, but fun to think about: Scarif Citadel Tower - $350.  Includes the tower, and an extended area at the front to represent a landing pad, beach scene, and one of the long horizontal-elevator type things that extended out from the base.  The beach scene has some trees with exploding functions, and the master switch and antenna on the landing pad.  Fully detailed interior of the tower, including communication/command center, data vault and control station, troop bays on the first level, and antenna tower on the roof, with a collapsible gantry.  Minifigs: Jyn Erso (regular and Imperial disguise), Cassian Andor (regular and Imperial disguise), K-2SO, Bodhi Rook, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Orson Krennic, 2x Imperial Officer, 2x Death Trooper, 3x Shoretrooper, 2x Stormtrooper, Melshi, 2x rebel troopers.  Also includes a midi-scale cargo shuttle!

Yavin seems the most likely to me as far as the next MBS playset, as it can't really be accurately captured in a set cheaper than $200 or so, and at that point, you may as well increase the scale and make it an MBS.  I think if we did get any prequel ones, it'd be either Geonosis or the Jedi Temple.  

46 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Mos Espa Podrace - $350 USD.  Includes the starting grid, viewing box with elevator on the "infield", small section of terrain, announcer box, and Jabba's booth.  Also includes 4 Podracers - Anakin's, Sebulba's, Gasgano's, and Neva Kee's.  Probably released concurrently with some podracer sets.  Minifigures: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, Gasgano, Neva Kee, C-3PO (unfinished, with flag), Qui-Gon Jinn, Shmi Skywalker, Padme, Watto, Jabba the Hutt, Bib Fortuna (ep I), 2x Tusken Raider, Aurra Sing, Fodesinbeed Annodue, Ben Quadrianros, Mars Guro, Clegg Holdfast, and maybe a couple of background aliens (total of roughly 20).

I was actually brainstorming a Podrace MBS, but you beat me to the punch with most of what I was going to say.

I would swap Neva Kee's pod for Ben's just because it got more screentime even if it was comic relief. As for pilots, Mawhonic would be a good choice to include just to give the Ree-Yees mold another use. Plus Aldar Beedo would could use redemption after being both the single worst mini-figure in Lego Star Wars history and a lackluster 1 piece mold. As for audience members, Weazel should be included on the basis of more Warwick Davis. Lastly, if you wanted to use new molds multiple times and be cruel you could include Ratts Tyrell and have his family in the audience.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:16 PM, wesker said:

I can't agree more! And yes, I could see all these sets in the dimension of Obi Wan's Hut, too.

Plus Lars' Homestead is long overdue - as is a Bantha which would fit perfectly in it! If we got both, all scenes from "A new Hope" on Tatooine would be replayable with the sets of the past years - how awesome would this be?!

A remake of the Mos Espa Podrace in the MBS style would be pretty cool. In terms of racers Mawhonic, Teemto Pagalies, Ratts Tyerell, Ben Quadinaros and/or Ody Mandrell would be the ones I'd like to see the most. They seemed to be the most prominent ones in the film. And I'm definitely in favor of new variants for Aurra Sing and Weazel as spectators of the race.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:01 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

True although they could always take some creative liberty and throw in a random Mos Eisley alien like Muftak alongside Luke and Biggs.

something from the eu I hope nobody has suggested yet

Republic landing craft 120$ - Think around the dimensions of the gozanti-class they made several years ago, but with decent cabin space up top for troops and enough clearance below to carry something the size of the 2008 republic fighter tank (dont ask me how) so it could perform the functions of both a shuttle and dropship in one.

Would include 2 phase 2 pilots, 4 phase 2 187 legion troopers, phase 2 commander ponds, and mace windu

republic landing craft.jpg

On 9/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, wesker said:

A remake of the Mos Espa Podrace in the MBS style would be pretty cool. In terms of racers Mawhonic, Teemto Pagalies, Ratts Tyerell, Ben Quadinaros and/or Ody Mandrell would be the ones I'd like to see the most. They seemed to be the most prominent ones in the film. And I'm definitely in favor of new variants for Aurra Sing and Weazel as spectators of the race.

True although they could always take some creative liberty and throw in a random Mos Eisley alien like Muftak alongside Luke and Biggs.

Maybe you're right, lego's not exactly the most canonically stressed brand. Make some more mos eisley buildings, throw in the obligatory sliding door, and then have the muftak with luke and biggs for $30-ish. Maybe throw in a sandtrooper too to add some conflict, unless the conflict is just a drunk muftak. :laugh:

On 9/4/2020 at 5:43 PM, Kit Figsto said:

Especially since they seem more willing to give us rarer characters in cheap sets these days.  It would appeal to people who are a fan of the prequels or kids who don't have any set like that, and also appeal to collectors due to being a cheap way to get Watto.  My hunch is that if we ever did get a SW CMF series, that'd be a perfect opportunity to give us Biggs from that deleted scene, unfortunately I think Camie and Fixer are just too obscure but that Biggs outfit at least has some relevance.  As a kid, I'd actually read the original storybook from the 70s, which included some of the Tatooine deleted scenes (Luke with Treadwell and Tosche Station), so I always loved those scenes, even if it wasn't actually in the movie.  I'd love some figs from it.

Those are some seriously well-thought out MBS set ideas, I applaud the effort. I'd 100% buy the scarif one. 

The watto set @wesker and @Kit Figsto mentioned, along with a few MBS:

Watto's junkyard ($29.99): Small shop build, like Obi-wan's but about half the depth, along with a small exterior junkyard. Comes with Anakin, Watto, Qui-gon, and a pit droid.

Pentaki ($399.99): Massive, fully circled arena build with the balcony, gate, stands, and the three pillars in the center. Comes with buildable nexu, reek, acklay, orray, and a 300-400 piece midi-scale gunship that has room for one pilot and 1-2 figures in the main bay. The gate opens and there are some catacomb/tunnel details in the space behind/below the stands. Figures are Padme (torn outfit), Obi-wan, Anakin, Dooku, Nute Gunrey, Poggle, Jango, Sun Fac, Windu, Yoda, Pablo-jill, Kit fisto (updated head mold), clone pilot, 2x clone trooper, clone commander, 2x winged geonosian, geonosian picador, 2x super battle droid, 2x geonosis battle droid.

Starkiller Base ($349.99): This would be built kind of like a slightly larger hemisphere of the death star set, with 2 levels each containing four areas, as well as a larger top with snowy terrain. The rooms on the bottom level are the area where phasma lowers the shields, the walkway where kylo kills han, a build for the superlaser itself and some controls around it, and a hanger area that extends to the higher level as well. The higher level has snoke's hologram's room with a brick-built snoke hologram, rey's cell, and a command center, with the fourth quadrant being a higher area of the hanger. (this is where rey climbs up in the film). The top level itself has snowy terrain and trees. There are midi-scale ships (here maybe 1.5x the size of their microfighters) of Poe's x-wing, a resistance x-wing, and a first order TIE. The figures included are Rey, Finn, Poe (pilot), Han, Chewie, Jessica Pava, BB-8, another BB unit, Kylo, Phasma, Hux, 2x first order stormtroopers, 2x first order officers, 2x first order snowtroopers, 2 first order technicians, and a first order TIE pilot.

Ignoring the rumor of no more battlepacks, my general wishlist would be some synergy when creating battlepacks in relation to a wave of sets. Think 2014 kashyyyk Troopers BP. Basically, in a perfect world make the BPs consist only of mass-able generic figs. However, additionally include related Officers / Commaders in a regular set released at the same time ala Commander Gree.

This: A. Makes selling multiples of a BP more desirable, B. Gives an incentive to purchase the larger set to have the commander / Officer.

This is of course less about specific sets I want to see than it is about a restructure of how the sets are marketed. It's not a new idea, Lego has done this before, in fact the original BattlePacks were amazingly mass-able, but more often than not they include an officer or named character and not enough troops, or we never see the commander in a set, or the corresponding sets are not on shelves within the same timeframe.

Possible Sets:

BP of any specific Clone Battalion with either 2 and 2 like the 212th and 2nd Airbourne, or 3 and 1 like the 501st is (I'm ignoring the Battle Droids in this Scenario). Then put their Commander and Jedi General in a related set with a worthwhile build. ex: 327th Star Corps x4 BP, put Aayla and Bly in a set of any relevant Clone Vehicle or Galactic Marine x4 BP, put Bacara and Ki-Adi-Mundi in a set with relevant clone vehicle. (This year we got close with having 501st, Asohka, and Anikan available, but then go al the way and throw Rex in something.)

BP of any Imperial or Rebel Group, Then slip a few more officers into regular sets. Rogue One BPs did this well. I think that there should always be some verion of a Stormtrooper BP available.

In my opinion the ST BPs were the worst offenders of putting too many of the wrong figures into the BPs. Too many techs, crew, or specialists compared to the stormtroopers. I'm not saying eliminate the officer figs, I'm saying reallocate which sets they go in. Final Order Officer could have been in the TIE Dagger maybe, then put another Sith Stormtrooper in the BP.

I don't see anyway it would not lead to selling more BPs.

4 hours ago, Archer said:

Ignoring the rumor of no more battlepacks, my general wishlist would be some synergy when creating battlepacks in relation to a wave of sets. Think 2014 kashyyyk Troopers BP. Basically, in a perfect world make the BPs consist only of mass-able generic figs. However, additionally include related Officers / Commaders in a regular set released at the same time ala Commander Gree.

This: A. Makes selling multiples of a BP more desirable, B. Gives an incentive to purchase the larger set to have the commander / Officer.

This is of course less about specific sets I want to see than it is about a restructure of how the sets are marketed. It's not a new idea, Lego has done this before, in fact the original BattlePacks were amazingly mass-able, but more often than not they include an officer or named character and not enough troops, or we never see the commander in a set, or the corresponding sets are not on shelves within the same timeframe.

Possible Sets:

BP of any specific Clone Battalion with either 2 and 2 like the 212th and 2nd Airbourne, or 3 and 1 like the 501st is (I'm ignoring the Battle Droids in this Scenario). Then put their Commander and Jedi General in a related set with a worthwhile build. ex: 327th Star Corps x4 BP, put Aayla and Bly in a set of any relevant Clone Vehicle or Galactic Marine x4 BP, put Bacara and Ki-Adi-Mundi in a set with relevant clone vehicle. (This year we got close with having 501st, Asohka, and Anikan available, but then go al the way and throw Rex in something.)

BP of any Imperial or Rebel Group, Then slip a few more officers into regular sets. Rogue One BPs did this well. I think that there should always be some verion of a Stormtrooper BP available.

In my opinion the ST BPs were the worst offenders of putting too many of the wrong figures into the BPs. Too many techs, crew, or specialists compared to the stormtroopers. I'm not saying eliminate the officer figs, I'm saying reallocate which sets they go in. Final Order Officer could have been in the TIE Dagger maybe, then put another Sith Stormtrooper in the BP.

I don't see anyway it would not lead to selling more BPs.

Love these ideas and totally agree.

I think these would definitely help with sales, and also make set creation and selection much more interesting.

Cheers :)

Ground war based wave: Prequels.

Microfighters:

AT-AP ($9.99): 41st scout trooper

Droid gunship ($9.99): battle droid

AT-TE vs Hailfire droid ($19.99): Clone captain (p1) and geonosis battle droid.

Battle packs:

Clone legions ($14.99): GAR BARC build, comes with 2 p2 shinies, a p2 212th trooper, and a p2 shock trooper.

Droid attack ($14.99): 4x battle droid, 2x super battle droid, 2x droideka, crab droid.

Other sets: 

Geonosis clone troopers ($29.99): More accurately sized forwards command center, 3 p1 clone shinies, p1 clone sergeant, 2 geonosis battle droids.

Battle of kashyyyk ($59.99): Snail tank, wookie hut, and ornithopter. comes with Yoda, a 41st trooper, 2 wookies, and 2 battle droids.

Battle on geonosis ($69.99): Hailfire droid (more than twice the size of the 2015 set), small terrain build with some GAR barricades and a repeating cannon. Comes with a clone commander (p1), clone lieutenent (p1), clone trooper (p1), Pable-jill, 2x super battle droid, geonosis battle droid commander.

AT-TE ($99.99): AT-TE build, similar to the 2013 one, but with minor updates, specifically to the hull. Comes with Captain Rex, 2x p2 332nd trooper, 2x at-te driver, Bo-Katan, 2x mauldalorian, gar saxon.

MTT ($99.99): MTT in CIS colors, with 16x battle droid, 2x battle droid pilot, Anakin skywalker, and ARC jesse

- buildable ronto with jawa riding it with additional moisture vaporizer build. Comes with a r5-type droid and Hem Dazon

- Chalmun’s transport. A sandspeeder especially designed with a cooling space for the transport of blue milk. Comes with Chalmun, Feltipern Trevag and Muftak.

- Fun in the Mos Eisley streets set. Buildable ronto doodoo and a market stall. Comes with Jar Jar Binks with one double coloured leg (as if he had stepped into the doodoo), Gorgmonger, Takeel and Elis Helrot

1 hour ago, Borex said:

- Chalmun’s transport. A sandspeeder especially designed with a cooling space for the transport of blue milk. Comes with Chalmun, Feltipern Trevag and Muftak.

I'm definitely adding a blue milk float to my MOC list. That sounds great. :laugh: