darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

6 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Assuming you mean Yavin IV, Ewok Village made sense due to the fact it's still Battle of Endor related, regardless of where the conflict was. Alternatively, you could argue that said Imperials stumbled upon the Village during patrol (or whatever). Random Stormtroopers would detract from Yavin IV's presence, seeing as how it's only discovered by the Empire just prior to the Battle of Yavin.

Not sure where the Seppies come in, unless you mean a Jedi Temple, but that makes even less sense (given that, canonically, we haven't seen the ground Battle of Coruscant). Yes, there's the 2003 series, but you get my point.

Even still, I'm down for a Theed Palace like I posited above. Might not happen before the UCS Gunship, but it is a good candidate.

I mean, technically Iden Versio sneaks into the base after her ship crashes during the battle, but that's going into semantics. My point is if they make a scenario for imp troops in a place where they weren't really for one set, they can do it for another. It could just take place after the battle of yavin when the rebels are evacuating or something, it's a lego set, it doesn't have to be completely canon. I still don't see why they can put imperial troops in the ewok village but not on yavin, both would require 1 sentance explanations. Anyway we get things like S7 ahsoka and a 332nd against a separatist AAT, and that makes a lot less sense then throwing some stormies into a yavin set.

You're right in that I meant the separatists could be part of the ground battle of coruscant, something that we know happens at least in part.

Theed palace could work but I still think that to get that we first need the gunship to sell well, which I'm hopeful about but worried some of the people that voted for it won't buy it once they realize their unrealistic expectation of all of the clone troopers ever wasn't met, and then for subsequent, more MBS type prequel sets like pentaki to sell well.

Clone wars wave (seasons 1-3):

The first seasons of clone wars were pretty rough compared to later seasons and rebels, but they had some great vehicles and designs. All clones in the sets are phase one

Microfighters:
V-19 torrent ($9.99): clone pilot (matchstick?)

Magnaguard starfighter ($9.99): magnaguard

Republic cruiser vs malevolence ($19.99): Yularen and Grievous

Battle packs:

Clone troopers battle pack ($14.99): 2 clones (p1), 501st clone (p1), 212th clone (p1). Build is a BARC.

Separatist alliance battle pack ($14.99): 4 b1s, 2 b2s. Build is a droideka and a smaller variant of the crab droid.

Duel: Ventress versus Obi-wan ($19.9): Ventress and Obi-wan. The build is based on the bridge area they fight on in the 2008 film.

$20-30 location set: Rishi outpost ($29.99): comes with 2 p1 clones (heavy and fives but at this point they're just shinies) and 2 commando droids. The build is the command room and an opening blast door.

Other sets:
Magnaguard starfighter ($69.99): Dooku, Cad Bane, 2 magnaguards.

V-19 torrent ($79.99): Torrent starfighter with stand. Comes with a clone gunner, Cody, and 2 clone pilots.

Jedi shuttle (Eta-class, $89.99): Obi-wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, as well as a swoop bike and 2 pirates.

Banking Clan warship ($159.99): Yoda, Thire,  b1 commander, 2 b1s, tactical droid, ventress.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My point is if they make a scenario for imp troops in a place where they weren't really for one set, they can do it for another. It could just take place after the battle of yavin when the rebels are evacuating or something, it's a lego set, it doesn't have to be completely canon. I still don't see why they can put imperial troops in the ewok village but not on yavin, both would require 1 sentance explanations. Anyway we get things like S7 ahsoka and a 332nd against a separatist AAT, and that makes a lot less sense then throwing some stormies into a yavin set.

You're right in that I meant the separatists could be part of the ground battle of coruscant, something that we know happens at least in part.

Correct, a Lego set doesn't have to be completely canon, but generally, we prefer it that way. It's great we got Ahsoka and a 332nd in the AAT, but I'm sure more of us were hoping for a Mandalore based set than a mix-n-match. Even so, would you really want Stormtroopers in a Yavin IV set? I know I don't, that may be just me. I do want Yavin IV to get a set, don't get me wrong. It is noticeable that all of the current playsets have some sort of canonical conflict. Yes, Yavin was evacuated, but afaik, there's no ground battle in which the Rebels fought off Imperial troops. Ewok Village is located on a planet controlled by the Empire, it's less of a stretch to assume a random patrol getting mixed into off-screen conflict.

Let's leave UCS aside for a minute to focus on the canonicity of regular retail playsets. Vehicles do throw in the occasional unrelated figure, however by and large location sets are accurate in who's present. Keeping it recent, 2013's Duel on Geonosis had Poggle, who doesn't really belong, but aside from that, thinking on Takodana, Snoke's Throne, Final Duel, Rathtar Escape, and so on have all had minifigs who were present or at least around during those events.

Maybe they can throw in a TIE and call it a day, but they shouldn't. Yavin IV is a rebel base and should only feature rebel minifigs. Lego might not be willing to do that though. Echo Base gets a pass for this because of the Battle of Hoth.

At the end of it all, I guess my point is this: You associate Stormtroopers with Endor (Ewok Village) not so much Yavin IV.

Anyway, as to the droids on Coruscant, like with the Yavin IV example, they could but they shouldn't. Either try to avoid conflict altogether (like I propose for Yavin) , or just make the building an Architecture-styled set with a plaque of about a dozen figures (ROTS Jedi High Council).

There are work arounds to the conflict angle without manufacturing it. :classic:

I do like your Clone Wars wave, I'd include Axe and Kickback in the V-19 for the pilots.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Correct, a Lego set doesn't have to be completely canon, but generally, we prefer it that way. It's great we got Ahsoka and a 332nd in the AAT, but I'm sure more of us were hoping for a Mandalore based set than a mix-n-match. Even so, would you really want Stormtroopers in a Yavin IV set? I know I don't, that may be just me. I do want Yavin IV to get a set, don't get me wrong. It is noticeable that all of the current playsets have some sort of canonical conflict. Yes, Yavin was evacuated, but afaik, there's no ground battle in which the Rebels fought off Imperial troops. Ewok Village is located on a planet controlled by the Empire, it's less of a stretch to assume a random patrol getting mixed into off-screen conflict.

Let's leave UCS aside for a minute to focus on the canonicity of regular retail playsets. Vehicles do throw in the occasional unrelated figure, however by and large location sets are accurate in who's present. Keeping it recent, 2013's Duel on Geonosis had Poggle, who doesn't really belong, but aside from that, thinking on Takodana, Snoke's Throne, Final Duel, Rathtar Escape, and so on have all had minifigs who were present or at least around during those events.

Maybe they can throw in a TIE and call it a day, but they shouldn't. Yavin IV is a rebel base and should only feature rebel minifigs. Lego might not be willing to do that though. Echo Base gets a pass for this because of the Battle of Hoth.

At the end of it all, I guess my point is this: You associate Stormtroopers with Endor (Ewok Village) not so much Yavin IV.

Anyway, as to the droids on Coruscant, like with the Yavin IV example, they could but they shouldn't. Either try to avoid conflict altogether (like I propose for Yavin) , or just make the building an Architecture-styled set with a plaque of about a dozen figures (ROTS Jedi High Council).

There are work arounds to the conflict angle without manufacturing it. :classic:

I do like your Clone Wars wave, I'd include Axe and Kickback in the V-19 for the pilots.

I guess that makes sense, although I still think they'd do it if it was something like assault on hoth or betrayal on bespin, if it's an architecture type thing like that $400 hogwarts I agree that there's no chance, since adults don't really need conflict in a set unlike most kids.

Thanks, Axe and kickback should probably be the v-19 pilots too. I try to add named characters to sets like this even if realistically it'd just be labeled "clone pilot" or "rebel trooper", but the only pilots I remembered were matchstick and warthog :laugh:.

Side note, I actually did start MOCing the siege of mandalore wave, and I'll probably post the microfighters tomorrow. Maybe not in this thread though, although technically it's just an illustration of a star wars wishlist :grin:.

Taking a page out of @Mandalorianknight's book:

Clone Wars Season 1

Microfighters:

Y-Wing Bomber: Matchstick

Xanadu Blood: Cad Bane

Freeco Bike vs Narglatch: Cold Assault Clone Trooper, Talz Warrior

Battle Packs:

Army of the Republic: 2x Clone Trooper (Shiny), 212th Clone Trooper, ARF Trooper (Razor, 2 stripes). AT-RT

Separatist Commandos: 2x BX Commando Droids, 2x Rocket Droids (new head with floodlight), BX Commando Droid Captain. Pod Hunter/Landing Craft

$20-$50 Range:

Ahsoka's Starfighter: Ahsoka Tano, R7-A7.

Cruiser Escape: Plo Koon, Commander Wolffe (Naval Wear), 2x 104th Troopers (Sinker and Boost).

Hyena Droid Bomber: Wat Tambor, Mace Windu, Commander Ponds.

Tri-Droid: Asajj Ventress, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Commander Cody, 2x Battle Droids.

$70+ Range:

The Defoliator: Lok Durd, Aayla Secura, Commander Bly, 2x Battle Droids.

The Twilight: Anakin Skywalker, Denal, Captain Rex, R3-S6, General Grievous.

AT-TE: Clone Gunner, AT-TE Pilot (Grey and Red markings), Commander Ponds, Mace Windu, Cham Syndulla. Includes AT-RT and a Blurrg

Republic Gunship: Around the size of the 2008 model. Hawk, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Waxer, Boil, TX-20. Includes Gutkurr

Edited by ARC2149Nova

Gonna throw out a couple guesses for the 2HY D2C:

• Playscale Venator, akin to the Tantive IV from last year. Hopefully a bit larger than the 60cm long ships we've been getting for years while still being "affordable"
  • Ewok Village re release
  • Echo Base/large Hoth set. Not that we need another one but it's about time we got one. Hopefully with a large shield generator. Obviously will include a snowspeeder. 
  • Mos Espa Podrace - modern re-imagining of the original 1999 set 

D2Cs I think are likely in the near future:

• TIE Bomber - we already know that this model has been considered for a UCS set
  • Nebulon B - It's just a question of time before we see this set
  • UCS Naboo fighter - hasn't been done at a large scale before and if LEGO decides to branch out into prequel era UCS sets the sleek yellow design of this ship would be an excellent addition to the current UCS range
  • Eta-2 Actis Interceptor
  • T-70 X-Wing
  • TIE Interceptor remake - the 2000 model is incredibly dated
  • TIE Advanced remake - again the old model is dated
  • T-65 X Wing remake - the last model is great but there is still plenty of room for improvement. Newer UCS collectors will definitely want to add an X-Wing to their collection.
  • Rereleases of the Executor, Imperial Shuttle, Slave I and R2-D2. All fan favorite models that have prices rising on the secondary market.

My most wanted D2C:

• Modular building style Coruscant. Coruscant city block akin to the Ninjago City D2Cs. I image it being like 2 buildings on the same baseplate, with a walkway in between. Dex's Diner as the base of one building and Outlander Club as the base of the other. Palpatine's office at the top of one tower, Padme's apartment at the top of the other. Generic Coruscant things in the middle of the towers with plenty of greebling and walkways for figures to stand on, even a landing platform for a speeder. Includes both Anakin and Zam's airspeeders. And of course a generous selection of figures to populate it, like the Death Star this would be a great opportunity to include figures from both Episodes II and III. I'm thinking Episode II and III Anakin and Padme, Episode II Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Mace Windu, Saesee Tinn, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Mas Ameda, Dexter Jetsterr, FLO, Jango Fett, Zam Wessell, 2 Couruscant Guard clones (ideally with Phase I and II helmets) and couple extra figures like aliens or droids to fill out the scenes.

On 6/12/2020 at 11:41 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

Gonna throw out a couple guesses for the 2HY D2C:

• Playscale Venator, akin to the Tantive IV from last year. Hopefully a bit larger than the 60cm long ships we've been getting for years while still being "affordable"

My most wanted D2C:

• Modular building style Coruscant. Coruscant city block akin to the Ninjago City D2Cs. I image it being like 2 buildings on the same baseplate, with a walkway in between. Dex's Diner as the base of one building and Outlander Club as the base of the other. Palpatine's office at the top of one tower, Padme's apartment at the top of the other. Generic Coruscant things in the middle of the towers with plenty of greebling and walkways for figures to stand on, even a landing platform for a speeder. Includes both Anakin and Zam's airspeeders. And of course a generous selection of figures to populate it, like the Death Star this would be a great opportunity to include figures from both Episodes II and III. I'm thinking Episode II and III Anakin and Padme, Episode II Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Mace Windu, Saesee Tinn, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Mas Ameda, Dexter Jetsterr, FLO, Jango Fett, Zam Wessell, 2 Couruscant Guard clones (ideally with Phase I and II helmets) and couple extra figures like aliens or droids to fill out the scenes.

Both of these are great ideas. I like how outside the box the Coruscant set is. I honestly feel that if they did more creative SW sets, the theme would thrive.

Anyways, so Fallen Order came up in the 2020 thread, so I'm throwing out a few ideas.

Stinger Mantis ($129.99): Cal Kestis, Greez Dritus, Cere Junda, Merrin, BD-1, Darth Vader, Second Sister.

Purge Troopers Battle Pack: 2x Purge Troopers, 2x Scout Troopers.

13th Battalion Troopers Battle Pack: 3x 13th Troopers, Jaro Tapal.

Clone wars Seasons 4-7 wave:

no siege of mandalore sets, since I made a wave for that arc alone.

microfighters:

Ahsoka’s eta-2 ($9.99): Ahsoka

tri-fighter ($9.99): rocket B2. Might be a difficult build were it a real set.

y-wing (red) versus MTT ($19.99): clone pilot (p2) and b1 commander

Battle packs:

Curuscant guard ($14.99): 2 coruscant guard, One of those clone guards with the dog thing, Fox. Build is an accurate at-Rt.

Droid army: 2 B2s, rocket B2, 2 commando droids. Build is a dwarf spider droid and some cover.

duel: Temple duel ($19.99): anakin, Bariss Offee 

Smallish location set: Jedi temple ($39.99): small rendition of council chambers with sliding door and small area in front, sort of like final duel but smaller. Comes with  Yoda, Obi-wan, and 2 temple guards.

other sets:

starfighter vs vulture droid ($49.99): ahsoka’s starfighter and a vulture droid, with Ahsoka, Rex, a droidika, and a commando droid.

umbaran starfighter ($59.99): 2 umbarans, fives, Krell.

MTT (blue, $119.99): 8 B2s, b1 commander, ARC Jesse

Republic cruiser ($129.99): anakin, padme, thorn, Clovis, 2 clone crew, 2 b1s.

What I'd really like to see again some day is the republic y-wing. Ideally in yellow again haha. That was a really striking color.

1 hour ago, 2maxwell said:

What I'd really like to see again some day is the republic y-wing. Ideally in yellow again haha. That was a really striking color.

Plenty have said it but I think the blue one from TCW is a prime candidate for a set in the near future, could see that being where we get our phase 2 Rex.

On 6/15/2020 at 6:37 AM, TeddytheSpoon said:

Plenty have said it but I think the blue one from TCW is a prime candidate for a set in the near future, could see that being where we get our phase 2 Rex.

I can see Lego releasing a republic y-wing with a vulture/tri-droid to increase the price. Like they did with the Ahsoka starfighter.
Especially given the price of the Rex MF on the secondary market.

5 minutes ago, AusChris said:

I can see Lego releasing a republic y-wing with a vulture/tri-droid to increase the price. Like they did with the Ahsoka starfighter.
Especially given the price of the Rex MF on the secondary market.

As cool as that would be, I'm not sure they'd need to with something as big as the Y-Wing. To be honest people will lap any set with P2 Rex in it, regardless of what else is in it.

I'd imagine it being a beefed-up version of the yellow 2009 one, with Ahsoka, Rex and maybe a 332nd trooper (or Jesse, in my dreams :wub:), probably cost around $70-$80.

Just something a little bit different I've been thinking about, since the 4+ sets seem to sell decently well in my neck of the woods since they first put them out a year or two ago, I'd think we could expect more in the future.  I actually quite like the idea of them, especially since some are useful for older builders too, whether it's rare-ish figures or cheap but passable builds (namely the TIE, it doesn't look too <insert that tiresome argument> at all in my opinion and scale-wise isn't too bad).  Here's a few that I could see us getting at some point in the future:

Luke's Landspeeder - Includes Tatooine Luke and a Tusken Raider or R2-D2.  Side build is a small rock outcropping similar to the one in the Landspeeder currently out.  $14.99

Endor Speeder Bikes - Includes three small speeder bikes with Luke, a Scout Trooper, and an Ewok, plus some forest scenery.  $14.99

Slave I - Includes Boba Fett and Han Solo in carbonite, maybe a Stormtrooper/Bespin guard as well.  $19.99

AT-ST - Includes AT-ST pilot and Chewbacca, side build is some shrubbery or a pile of logs.  $19.99 (sidenote, crazy to think a full size AT-ST went for this price about 15 years ago :laugh:)

Y-Wing - Includes Y-Wing pilot and R2-D2/generic astromech (R2-D2 probably appeals to kids more).  Side build is similar to the TIE, some sort of control computer.  $19.99

Anakin's Jedi Starfighter - Includes Anakin Skywalker, R2-D2, and a mini-vulture droid build.  Could also be substituted with Obi-Wan, but I feel like kids tend to favor Anakin for whatever reason.  $19.99

Podracers - Includes young Anakin Skywalker, pit droid, and Sebulba.  Basically two <insert that tiresome argument> podracers with a bit of the starting grid/grandstands.  $29.99

AT-AT - Includes a Snowtrooper, AT-AT driver, and a small Rebel speeder bike with Luke, also some sort of rock/scenery (taking some creative liberties here, but eh, it's 4+).  $29.99

And the most unrealistic: Millenium Falcon - Includes Han Solo, Chewbacca, and a Stormtrooper.  Probably about the size of the mid-scale Falcon but with a cockpit that flips open and can at least fit Han, plus some stud shooters/working missiles or something.  Side build is based on a Death Star console/computer thing.  $39.99

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Just something a little bit different I've been thinking about, since the 4+ sets seem to sell decently well in my neck of the woods since they first put them out a year or two ago, I'd think we could expect more in the future.  I actually quite like the idea of them, especially since some are useful for older builders too, whether it's rare-ish figures or cheap but passable builds (namely the TIE, it doesn't look too <insert that tiresome argument> at all in my opinion and scale-wise isn't too bad).  Here's a few that I could see us getting at some point in the future:

Anakin's Jedi Starfighter - Includes Anakin Skywalker, R2-D2, and a mini-vulture droid build.  Could also be substituted with Obi-Wan, but I feel like kids tend to favor Anakin for whatever reason.  $19.99

These would sell pretty well for their target audience I think. Side note: I think kids like Anakin more because he's the "main character" and more headstrong and reckless, where Kenobi is more of a mentor figure in the films at least. (Children also fail to see the greatness of the high ground :laugh:)Continuing with my tv show lists, a rebels series. The show is 3 years old now, but we'd been putting it in spoilers before, so I'll be on the safe side. Some of the sets have been released before, like the ghost and phantom, but they're the main ships so I kept them in.

Spoiler

Microfighters:

Phantom 2 ($9.99): Kanan Jarrus (blinded)

TIE defender ($9.99): TIE pilot (Vult Skerris face)

Ghost vs Imperial cruiser ($14.99): ghost and gozanti cruiser with Hera and an imperial officer.

Battle packs: 

Phoenix troopers battle pack ($14.99): 2 phoenix rebel troopers (the ones that look similar to yellow/orange versions of the fleet troopers but with goggles), blue phoenix trooper, A-wing pilot (red costume). The build is a made-up speeder.

Imperial squad battle pack ($14.99): 2 stormtroopers, stormtrooper sergeant, imperial officer. Build is a turbolaser turret.

Duel: Inquisitor duel ($19.99): Kanan (s1) with both his and ezra's sabers, The Grand Inquisitor. Build is the catwalk they fight on with the console.

$20-30 location set:

Malachor fight ($29.99): kind of like a larger duel set, with Maul, Ahsoka, Seventh Sister, and Vader. The build is part of the malachor temple, sort of split in two between the Maul/seventh sister fight and Ahsoka/vader fight. (maybe not that likely were they to do another rebels wave, but I wanted to have Ahsoka in a set.)

Other sets:
Phantom 2 ($34.99): slightly larger phantom 2 with sabine (S3), Ezra (S3), chopper, and Gar Saxon.

TIE defender ($69.99): Comes with Vult Skerris, a TIE pilot, a stormtrooper commander, and Zeb

Chimera ($149.99): ISD with some white parts for the chimera design on the underside, the interior includes thrawn's office with all the art. Comes with 2 stormtroopers, 2 death troopers, thrawn, Kallus (s3), Pryce, and Yularen.

Ghost ($159.99): based on season 4: Comes with Hera, Kanan, Chopper, Zeb, Sabine, Ezra, Rex (armor), Fenn Rau, and Kallus (rebel)

I wanted to put in the ITT, but I'll put it in my mandalorian wave instead.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 6/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, Beleg the Ranger said:

I honestly doubt if Lego is going to release many, if any, more Solo sets. Solo is sort of remembered as "Solo: a Star Wars flop", so sets from it probably wouldn't be in Lego's best interests.

...which is a shame. Even though Solo was a flop, many of the sets and especially minifigures were actually good. And judging by the after-market prices of the Mimban Mudtrooper and Stormtrooper, I am comvinced a Mimban AT-DT could work. Walkers and big guns are always popular, plus attractive minifigures... it could work. It could be typical mid-range set like the AT-AP:

• AT-DT: 700 pieces, 1x Han Solo Mudtrooper, 1x generic Mudtrooper, 1x Mimban Stormtrooper, 1x Mimban Specialist (many of those in the movie's background, like technicians with headsets, medics etc.), 1x Pilot

I know it is almost definitely not going to happen, but the Mimban scenes were almost universally liked, and I think it would be a fine set. It surely is a missed opportunity.

New prediction for 2021:

Red 5 X-wing - Ahch-To island version (Risen from the depths, more weathered look To OT).

Includes Rey (white hood) force ghost old Luke and porg. Luke’s rebel helmet.

I was trying to think of Ep IX sets that I would actually buy... haha

Finishing off my list of all canon movies and shows, the mandalorian!

Microfighters: 

Spoiler

Razor Crest ($9.99): The mandalorian (episodes 1-2)

Moff Gideon's TIE fighter ($9.99): Moff gideon (blaster, no darksaber)
X-wing vs Porax-42 ($19.99): Dave Filoni's pilot and the male twi'leck

Battle packs:

Remmnet troopers ($14.99): 2x remnant stormtrooper, remnant scout trooper, death trooper. Build is a speeder bike and some terrain

Navvarro bounty hunters ($14.99): 1 transoshan bounty hunter, 1 droid bounty hunter, 1 human bounty hunter, the haxion brood-looking hunter with Carga in episode 7. Build is a bit of the cantina

No duel, unfortunately, instead is Mudhorn attack ($19.99): Comes with the mandalorian (episodes 1-2) and baby yoda in his crib. Build is a Mudhorn and a tiny cave bit with the "suka!"

smallish location set Swoop bike attack ($19.99): The mandalorian (beskar), Fennec Shand, Toro Calican. Build is two swoop bikes and some high ground for Fennec to be on.

Other sets:

Navarro shootout ($39.99): The droid cart thing the mandalorian hides in, some rubble and a bit of a building. Comes with The mandalorian (beskar), Greef Carga, a bounty hunter, and Pax Vizla.

Imperial Trooper Transport ($59.99): ITT with The mandalorian (beskar), Cara Dune, 2 remnant stormtroopers and 2 death troopers.

Moff Gideon's TIE ($79.99): Moff Gideon's TIE and a blurrg. Comes with Moff Gideon (new darksaber mold), death trooper, The Client, Kuill, and baby yoda.

New republic prison ship ($99.99): NR prision ship, interior areas include the command center, a hallway and some cells. Comes with Matt Lanter's NR officer, The Mandalorian (beskar), Mayfair, the devorian guy, the droid, the female Twi'leck, and 2 brick-built prision droids.

UCS: UCS razor crest ($499.99): massive razor crest with the mandalorian (beskar) and baby yoda.

This was a tough wave since we're getting the one main ship soon, and there's not much iconic stuff.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Finishing off my list of all canon movies and shows, the mandalorian!

I think the UCS Razor Crest has a good chance of being made. With the combination of the (cashed-up) adult following of the show and the sell-out preorder of the play set (baby Yoda effect?), it seems like a good opportunity for Lego to jump on board. Probably not until 2022 however.

I think the Moff Gideon TIE is a highly likely set for 2021.

I am really looking forward to season 2 and the future lego sets!

1 hour ago, AusChris said:

New prediction for 2021:

Red 5 X-wing - Ahch-To island version (Risen from the depths, more weathered look To OT).

If we get another X-Wing next year, I'm gathering my troops and storming Lego HQ... :laugh:

"Do what must be done. Do not hesitate, show no mercy!"

Some ideas for next year, nothing exactly pressing:

Gian Speeder ($29.99): Padme Amidala (Battle Dress), Boss Nass, Naboo Royal Guard, 2x Battle Droids.

Hailfire Droid ($39.99): Something a little bigger than usual. Kit Fisto, Clone Trooper (new helmet?), 2x Super Battle Droids.

Plo Koon's Starfighter ($29.99): Plo Koon (new head), R4-F5.

Mos Eisley Denizens ($14.99): Brick-built Dewback + moisture vaporator. Sandtrooper (Enlisted), Momaw Nadon, Zutton (Snaggletooth), Bom Vimdin

TIE Interceptor ($69.99): TIE Pilot, Admiral Piett, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper.

The Phantom ($39.99): Ezra Bridger (S1), C1-10P, Sabine Wren (S1), Stormtrooper.

And since we have both Ahsoka (AAT) and Maul (Book, technically), my preferred $20 Duel Set for next year is:

Duel on Geonosis: Yoda and Dooku. An extremely downsized version of the 2013 set.

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

If we get another X-Wing next year, I'm gathering my troops and storming Lego HQ... :laugh:

We do get a lot of X-wings... It’s probably a question of when rather than if haha

I would love to see a set with Dooku released soon! Am I right in saying that we haven’t seen his curved Lightsaber hilt since the ‘chrome’ hilt days?

12 hours ago, AusChris said:

I think the UCS Razor Crest has a good chance of being made. With the combination of the (cashed-up) adult following of the show and the sell-out preorder of the play set (baby Yoda effect?), it seems like a good opportunity for Lego to jump on board. Probably not until 2022 however.

I think the Moff Gideon TIE is a highly likely set for 2021.

I am really looking forward to season 2 and the future lego sets!

Yeah, I think the absolute earliest possible is the 2021 2hy, but 2022 is the most likely year. 

I'm also looking forwards a ton to any s2 sets, especially with all the characters rumored to show up.

10 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Hailfire Droid ($39.99): Something a little bigger than usual. Kit Fisto, Clone Trooper (new helmet?), 2x Super Battle Droids.

Plo Koon's Starfighter ($29.99): Plo Koon (new head), R4-F5.

TIE Interceptor ($69.99): TIE Pilot, Admiral Piett, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper.

I'd be ok with another red five, but not until 2022 or later. 

All the sets sound great, I've left in my favorites and some I have questions about.

Hailfire droid: we need a bigger hailfire, and another kit fisto, so it sounds great. But does the p1 trooper need a new helmet?

Plo koon is another jedi we need to get again, and he does need a new head mold. His starfighter is pretty cool too.

I've voiced my want for a TIE interceptor many times in this thread and the discussion thread......but I'll do it again. We need a TIE interceptor.

5 hours ago, AusChris said:

I would love to see a set with Dooku released soon! Am I right in saying that we haven’t seen his curved Lightsaber hilt since the ‘chrome’ hilt days?

I think we got dooku in 2013 with his chrome saber, but he hasn't appeared since, which is really annoying.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

All the sets sound great, I've left in my favorites and some I have questions about.

But does the p1 trooper need a new helmet?

Thanks!

And no, it doesn't, but knowing Lego, they'll try to mess up the ones we already have (from 2013-2018), so I wouldn't put it past them...

22 hours ago, Flieger said:

...which is a shame. Even though Solo was a flop, many of the sets and especially minifigures were actually good. And judging by the after-market prices of the Mimban Mudtrooper and Stormtrooper, I am comvinced a Mimban AT-DT could work. Walkers and big guns are always popular, plus attractive minifigures... it could work. It could be typical mid-range set like the AT-AP:

• AT-DT: 700 pieces, 1x Han Solo Mudtrooper, 1x generic Mudtrooper, 1x Mimban Stormtrooper, 1x Mimban Specialist (many of those in the movie's background, like technicians with headsets, medics etc.), 1x Pilot

I know it is almost definitely not going to happen, but the Mimban scenes were almost universally liked, and I think it would be a fine set. It surely is a missed opportunity.

For whatever reason, I feel like the toys from the anthology films just didn't sell that well.  I can go to a store that sells SW action figures right now and there's a greater than 50% chance that I'll be able to find either a Cassian or Jyn action figure from 2016, and a ton of places near me still have SW toys with the Solo box art (I don't really collect much SW stuff beyond LEGO and the occasional action figure, so I'm not totally sure what products they are).  It's confusing to me, because I feel like people generally seemed to like them, especially Rogue One, but maybe the movies had less of a casual appeal and also no token toy selling character (BB-8, Porg, D-0) that people, especially kids, had to have.  I don't remember the Lego sets hanging around much more than normal Star Wars sets, and they don't publicly show which sets sell better than others, so we have no way of knowing how Lego sold relative to the other toys, but I'm worried that we might not get much from the anthology films as a result.  

Same with Rebels, since some people on this board with insider knowledge have implied that those sets really didn't sell very well, and Rebels doesn't have the same following that Clone Wars has, I'm worried that we may end up not getting more from it.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think we got dooku in 2013 with his chrome saber, but he hasn't appeared since, which is really annoying.

The TCW Dooku (I think it only had like one or two sets around 2009-2011ish) also had a different hilt mold, I believe one the one that they used for Asajj Ventress too, it was just a normal light gray color without any chrome/brushed chrome.  The 2013 Dooku, by the way, is probably one of the most accurate SW figures they've ever made.  They absolutely nailed the face printing on it and the hair works perfectly for Dooku.

Edited by Kit Figsto

21 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Same with Rebels, since some people on this board with insider knowledge have implied that those sets really didn't sell very well, and Rebels doesn't have the same following that Clone Wars has, I'm worried that we may end up not getting more from it.

If Rebels gets its rumoured sequel series, I could see them making more sets, though not in the volume that we saw back in 2014 (I think?). If nothing else I'd love to get another Ghost having missed out on the first one.

I think part of the problem with Solo is that they've kind of made all the sets they could with that. Aside from the Crimson Dawn yacht thing (I forget what it's called), the TIE heavy which is really not that different to a normal TIE, and maybe another Mimban set, I think they'd have to start repeating things, which in any case may not sell as well given the film isn't that popular with the more casual SW fan. Rogue One is a different story as I think the film had more going on that could easily translate to a LEGO set - AT-ACT, the cargo shuttle, Eadu, Jedha, any number of capital ships, TIE reaper... The one I want the most is a hammerhead corvette in some form. UCS would be nice, but I feel like a playset on a similar scale to the Tantive IV could work really well, although we'd have to wait a while given we've just had one of them. Throw in some Alderaanian honour guard, Raddis, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma and I think you'd have a great set.

On 6/22/2020 at 6:33 AM, Kit Figsto said:

For whatever reason, I feel like the toys from the anthology films just didn't sell that well.  I can go to a store that sells SW action figures right now and there's a greater than 50% chance that I'll be able to find either a Cassian or Jyn action figure from 2016, and a ton of places near me still have SW toys with the Solo box art (I don't really collect much SW stuff beyond LEGO and the occasional action figure, so I'm not totally sure what products they are).  It's confusing to me, because I feel like people generally seemed to like them, especially Rogue One, but maybe the movies had less of a casual appeal and also no token toy selling character (BB-8, Porg, D-0) that people, especially kids, had to have.  I don't remember the Lego sets hanging around much more than normal Star Wars sets, and they don't publicly show which sets sell better than others, so we have no way of knowing how Lego sold relative to the other toys, but I'm worried that we might not get much from the anthology films as a result. 

Not just the anthology films. The Sequel Trilogy merchandise hasn't sold well either. Rey, Rose and Snoke in particular have been pegwarming just as badly if not worse than Jyn and Cassian have. Hasbro didn't even bother having a dedicated action figure line for TROS and has barely released much product from the film. Gentle Giant was also pretty open in an interview with Rebelscum about the low sales and lack of demand for ST era characters whilst also mentioning the brand was going strong with The Mandalorian and TCW.

I can't speak much for Lego's sales but here in Australia the October wave for TROS has not been restocked at retailers since early December and the only set that can still be found on shelves are leftover Pasaana Speeder Chases that haven't sold off yet. Even the TIE Dagger and Poe's X-Wing are only being sold at selected stores while the rest of the January wave can be found everywhere else. Granted we did have the bush fires followed by Covid which also could have played a role in the limited stock here.

Still I wouldn't give up hope on the anthology films. Even if we don't see any more sets directly from Solo or Rogue One, many of the missing characters and vehicles may still potentially be brought back in the Obi-Wan and Cassian Andor shows.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

And no, it doesn't, but knowing Lego, they'll try to mess up the ones we already have (from 2013-2018), so I wouldn't put it past them..

Lego won't miss a chance to add to their lineup of bobbleheads lol.