darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I really want a UCS Jabba's Palace. I know it caused problems for them last time, but having all the exclusive minifigures for the palace would be amazing. Maybe even a new reprint of Jabba himself?

31 minutes ago, officialnathanbanks said:

I really want a UCS Jabba's Palace. I know it caused problems for them last time, but having all the exclusive minifigures for the palace would be amazing. Maybe even a new reprint of Jabba himself?

Yeah, I think that it's possible this fall the UCS release is more of the playset-type (given that Cloud City just retired and they appear to be alternating that every other year for the fall release), and a Jabba's Palace would be such a cool location.  Similarly, a UCS Mos Eisley could be cool too, although the issues I could see with that are we only really see four locations (Cantina, the room that C-3PO and R2D2 are hiding in, the place where Ben and Luke sell the speeder, and the docking bay) so I guess they'd have to sort of take creative liberties with a lot of other buildings.

Um... clone wars 2020 sets? I really am hoping for generic phase 2 clone battle pack, 501st battle pack (will probably never happen), droid battle pack, republic cruiser, republic gunship, at-ats, republic dropship, droid tank and more Jedi star fighters. Lol considering this new season of Star Wars is only 13 episodes I highly doubt we get a huge wave. But I just want the battle packs mostly.

BTW, Is there a reason why we had a single real Battle-Dorid Battlepack so far? (excluding those two mixed ones that had Droidekas and Commandos) If not I would really like to see one again.

Maybe wishfull thinking, but I think the may the 4th set will be a remake of the  Darth Vader Tie Advanced (2006). Almost all the other sets from that area have been made again (x-wing, y-wing, snowspeeder, cloud city, sandcrawler, yoda, star destroyer, millenium falcon, tantive iv). It will also fall nicely into the €200 price range, and it has been a while since the last TIE model. 

21 minutes ago, Joel1234 said:

Maybe wishfull thinking, but I think the may the 4th set will be a remake of the  Darth Vader Tie Advanced (2006). Almost all the other sets from that area have been made again (x-wing, y-wing, snowspeeder, cloud city, sandcrawler, yoda, star destroyer, millenium falcon, tantive iv). It will also fall nicely into the €200 price range, and it has been a while since the last TIE model. 

I would love that, I'm missing the tie-advanced in my collection and don't like the old one.
So, if it's your decision, I'll vote for you :classic:

My wife has stopped my lego purchases, but I think I could swap my UCS Slave I (which she doesn't like) to a Tie-advanced.

What speaks to it is that it is included so little in a movie that premiered more than 40 years ago, but it is also the ship that belongs to star wars most famous character.

Not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but LEGO Ideas have a contest on to help choose the next UCS set!  You can pick between a Republic gunship, a TIE Bomber, or a Nebulon B Frigate.  

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6dfb7865-b545-4257-908b-36c15451029e

Personally I'd like a Nebulon B, what would your favourites be?

Edited by NathanR

31 minutes ago, NathanR said:

Not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but LEGO Ideas have a contest on to help choose the next UCS set!  You can pick between a Republic gunship, a TIE Bomber, or a Nebulon B Frigate.  

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6dfb7865-b545-4257-908b-36c15451029e

Personally I'd like a Nebulon B, what would your favourites be?

Hadn’t seen this before I posted in 2020 thread! 

Gunship for me as I love the Prequel vehicles! 

Can definitely see the appeal for the Frigate though.

That's a tough one a Nebulon B would be awesome. But the Republic Gunship is one of my favourite vehicles from the prequels. I'd probably go with the gunship but either of the other two I wouldn't mind.

In between all this talk about the potential next UCS here's a weird thought, spurred in equal manner by the recent thread about a Star Wars CMF line and a youtube video I saw a couple of days ago.
To elaborate, I stumbled upon a LSW video on youtube and the comment section was full of the omnipresent "We want a SW CMF line" and the dreaded "501st BP" followed by the "We want -this legion- BP". I know the option of a CMF is near to impossible and while I would actually like and buy a 501st BP I've come to loathe the almost meme it has become, but from these consideration came the idea which would probably make every clonetrooper enthusiast happy.
How about a 'blind bag clone battlepack': including an AT-RT similar in scale to the one included in the 75151 turbo tank and four phase 2 clone, but with multiple variants, so the 'other colours' on the AT-RT (apart from LBG and DBG) could match a battallion (green, orange, blue, PURPLE as far as I am concerned) and the four clones would be a mixtures of different prints, 501st, 327th, 212th, wolfpack, whatever, and no box would advertise a specific quantity of one print, so it could be four blue clones and an orange AT-RT, two and two, one of each, and every possible combination, making it a seriously ammasable BP and finally silencing some of the most annoying voices of the fandom.
What are your thoughts on this?

On 1/26/2020 at 5:51 AM, Per_SW said:

In between all this talk about the potential next UCS here's a weird thought, spurred in equal manner by the recent thread about a Star Wars CMF line and a youtube video I saw a couple of days ago.
To elaborate, I stumbled upon a LSW video on youtube and the comment section was full of the omnipresent "We want a SW CMF line" and the dreaded "501st BP" followed by the "We want -this legion- BP". I know the option of a CMF is near to impossible and while I would actually like and buy a 501st BP I've come to loathe the almost meme it has become, but from these consideration came the idea which would probably make every clonetrooper enthusiast happy.
How about a 'blind bag clone battlepack': including an AT-RT similar in scale to the one included in the 75151 turbo tank and four phase 2 clone, but with multiple variants, so the 'other colours' on the AT-RT (apart from LBG and DBG) could match a battallion (green, orange, blue, PURPLE as far as I am concerned) and the four clones would be a mixtures of different prints, 501st, 327th, 212th, wolfpack, whatever, and no box would advertise a specific quantity of one print, so it could be four blue clones and an orange AT-RT, two and two, one of each, and every possible combination, making it a seriously ammasable BP and finally silencing some of the most annoying voices of the fandom.
What are your thoughts on this?

For army-builders this would be quite useless, since it would be too random.

Edited by mon-o-mat

3 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

For army-builders this would be wuite useless, since it would be too random.

‘Wuite?’ Maybe ‘quite?’

Clone army builders need lots of troopers. Educate yourself. 

4 hours ago, Hokierespect said:

‘Wuite?’ Maybe ‘quite?’

Perhaps you could try being a little more respectful of the other members of this forum. 

9 hours ago, Hokierespect said:

‘Wuite?’ Maybe ‘quite?’

Why are you so toxic? I’ve seen nothing but hostile comments from you.

Edited by Bartybum

My ideal summer wave (with realistic prices; i.e. not ideal):

Ahsoka vs Darth Maul ($19.99): The duel set. Comes with S7 Ahsoka Tano and a better clone wars Maul (with normal legs). Setting would be the Throne Room.

Siege Troopers Battle Pack ($14.99): 2x 332nd Company Troopers, 1x 501st Jet Trooper, 1x ARC Trooper Jesse (since they need an officer for some reason)

Havoc Marauder ($59.99): Hunter, Tech, Crosshair, Wrecker, Anakin Skywalker.

Battle for Anaxes ($39.99): AAT and Crab Droid builds. Mace Windu, Commander Cody, 2x Super Battle Droids, 91st Trooper (Ponds design)

The Razorcrest ($109.99): The Mandalorian, Kuill, The Child, IG-11, 2x Remnant Stormtrooper.

Republic Gunship ($129.99): Clone Pilot (Hawk), Ahsoka Tano (S7), 2x Mandalorian Super Commando, 2x 501st Jet Trooper, Bo-Katan.

ARC-170 ($79.99): Clone Pilot (Odd Ball), Obi-Wan Kenobi, Clone Pilot, Captain Rex, Astromech Droid.

Mandalorian Fighter ($69.99): 2x Death Watch Mandalorians, 1x 332nd Clone Trooper, Mandalorian Super Commando Captain.

Moff Gideon's TIE ($89.99): Moff Gideon, The Mandalorian (with Jetpack), 2x Death Troopers, Incinerator Stormtrooper.

Final Order Star Destroyer ($149.99): General Pryde, Emperor Palpatine, 2x Knights of Ren, 2x Sith Troopers, Female Sith Officer.

with maybe a couple of cheap OT sets to fill out the roster. I really think LEGO will commemorate the final season of the Clone Wars like the anthology films.

Hoping for a battle pack for the new clone Jet Troopers. Hoping for a 501st battle pack. Doubt we'll get it, but you never know. But I will be beyond pissed if they make a 501st battle pack and gave them all 332nd helmets. I'd love to get those too, but we also need some regular 501st battle packs. At the least if they wanted to include 332nd helmets maybe a pack with two regular 501st clones and two 332nd troopers

16 hours ago, SilverStorm said:

Hoping for a battle pack for the new clone Jet Troopers. Hoping for a 501st battle pack. Doubt we'll get it, but you never know. But I will be beyond pissed if they make a 501st battle pack and gave them all 332nd helmets. I'd love to get those too, but we also need some regular 501st battle packs. At the least if they wanted to include 332nd helmets maybe a pack with two regular 501st clones and two 332nd troopers

I want a normal 501st Battle Pack too, but technically it would be a "Siege Troopers" Battle Pack :innocent2:, and the 501st can still have their day next year (or the year after, or the year after that :hmpf_bad:).

I think the best way to do it is to market it with 332nd helmets, but include regular helmets as extras. Kind of like IG-88 carrying a stud shooter and a blaster rifle in the Bounty Hunter Battle Pack.

With the last trailer, I hope we get Bly and the 327th and Bacara and his Marines in a set.

My three possible Battle Packs:

Siege Troopers (see my previous post)

Anaxes Troopers: ARC Trooper Jesse, 501st Jet Trooper, 212th Clone Trooper, 91st "Ponds" Clone Trooper

501st Battle Pack: 501st Trooper, 2x 332nd Troopers, 501st Jet Trooper.

If my hunch is correct (I have no insider info, so don't take this to mean that I'm hinting at anything), if we do get any TCW sets this summer, it would be something more like a couple of sets rather than the focus of the wave.  My guess is that the wave will be something along the lines of 40% TRoS (final major sequel trilogy wave), 25% TCW sets (maybe 3 sets), like two Mandalorian sets (Razor Crest and Gideon's TIE probably), and the rest some random PT/OT stuff, assuming a wave of around 10-12 sets. Maybe a wave looking something like this:

Two battle packs, maybe one based on TCW and one based on TRoS, possibly Resistance based.

Some smaller TRoS sets, perhaps one based on the water-speeder thingy with Finn and Jannah, and maybe one based on

Palpatine vs. Rey

A mid-sized TCW set, either something based on S7 or something from one of the later seasons that we never got in set form, maybe one of the Umbaran fighters, or something that would finally give us Satine (wishful thinking, lol)

Gideon's TIE, priced around $50-60

Something TRoS priced around $80-90, maybe either one of the ships from near the of the movie or maybe a scene from Kijimi (the workshop building with a couple Knights of Ren or Stormtroopers, plus the Resistance characters from that scene)

The Razor Crest $110ish, sized around the same as the Slave I, ideally a small interior where the back can open to reveal the cargo hold with carbonite molds, and then a ladder up to a small cockpit area big enough for Mando and The Child

Republic Gunship, $130-150, might depend on what wins the UCS vote.

One or two PT/OT sets around the $20-40 price point.  The scenes/vehicles that jump out at me right away as things we either haven't gotten for a few years or aren't currently out in some form or another are a Desert Skiff, Obi-Wan's Ep III Starfighter (the red one), the Droid Escape Pod, a Naboo Flash Speeder, and a Gungan battle scene.  I'd say two of those would round out the wave, plus the 3-4 Microfighters that we'd likely get.

I really hope we only get like one more ROS set, one with Palpatine and the final two Knights, and the rest goes to something less divisive. The Final Order Star Destroyer is the only thing I'd say we need from that film. Maybe it could include one of those horses they ride.

I also think with Mandalore and the Mandalorians rising in popularity, they'll be a focus of any new Clone Wars stuff. Bo-Katan, the horned Super Commando, some Night Owls, maybe a new Death Watch soldier.

The 501st is also a must, and so is the Bad Batch. At least three sets could take out the Havoc Marauder, Mandalore fighter, and possibly the Gunship. Plus a duel set between Ahsoka and Maul (there's almost no way Lego misses a set that easy).

And, at the risk of being a broken record, I don't believe we'll get true 501st figures, we'll probably get 332nd and a Jet Trooper, if we're fortunate. Hopefully they at least give us the Bad Batch and Jesse. And Cody, of course.

I also wouldn't really care for yet another skiff set without another barge to go with it. 2017's skiff seemed to fly under the radar. and 2016 gave us the last escape pod. Maybe another Death Star themed vignette? Maybe with Han and Chewie? I could see that, I guess. Han, Chewbacca, and a Stormtrooper or Imperial Lieutenant (black suit). Or something along the lines of Jabba's message/prize from 2003. R2, C-3PO, Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean Guard, Boba, and Boushh for $40-$50 would be cool.

I would love to see some sets along the lines of Assault on Hoth, but reasonably priced, and not UCS labelled. They could be called Invasion Series, or Attack Packs, and one of the year's battle packs could be made to coincide with the Attack Pack.

So like Episode I:

Battle of Theed ($129.99): AAT, Palace Build, Flash Speeder (smaller than 75091). Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Padme (battle dress), Naboo Security Officer, Naboo Soldier (x2, sleek helmets), Battle Droid (x2), Security Battle Droid, Nute Gunray.

Naboo Forces Battle Pack ($14.99): Captain Panaka, Naboo Security Guard (x2), Naboo Soldier.

Episode II:

Assault on Geonosis ($149.99): Forward Command Center, Hailfire droid, dwarf spider droid (x2). Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Bultar Swan, Commander Ponds, Clone Trooper (x2), Super Battle Droid (x2), Battle Droid (x2)

Geonosians Battle Pack ($14.99): Geonosian Warrior (x2), Geonosian Drone, Sun Fac (with new collar piece). Sonic Cannon.

Clone Wars:

Battle of Christophsis ($149.99): Tank Droid, AV-7 Cannon, AAT, Tri-Droid. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Captain Rex, Clone Trooper (x3), Clone Gunner, Whorm Loathsom, Battle Droid Commander, Battle Droid (x4), Super Battle Droid (x2)

Jet Troopers Battle Pack ($14.99): AT-RT. Clone Trooper (x2), 501st Jet Trooper (phase I, x2)

Episode III:

Invasion of Utapau ($149.99): Crab Droid (x2), Tri-Droid, Wheelbike, AT-TE (scaled down), Boga. Obi-Wan, Commander Cody, 212th Trooper (x3), Airborne Trooper, Paun Warrior (x2), General Grievous, Magna Guard (x2), Battle Droid (x4).

Utapau Warriors ($14.99): 212th AT-RT Driver, 212th Trooper, Paun Warrior (x2). AT-RT.

And so on.

Episode VI for the OT fans:

Attack on Endor ($149.99): Endor Bunker, AT-ST, Speeder Bike (x2), Trees with log trap. Han Solo, Leia Organa, Chewbacca, Rebel Commandos (black & bearded), Lt. Renz, Scout Trooper, Stormtrooper (x3), AT-ST Driver, Cheif Chirpa, Ewok Warrior (x2).

Endor Rebels Battle Pack ($14.99): Small tree with turret. Rebel Sniper (Twi'lek female), Rebel Gunner (Sullustan male, new head mold), Rebel Commando (male frown), Rebel Commando (female).

Edited by ARC2149Nova

I know it's been said many times before, but I'd really like to see a new Ghost.  The last version is ridiculously expensive on the secondary market, and there is a lot of room for aesthetic, if not structural, improvement.  I couldn't care less about Rebels minifigures, but more Rogue One rebel soldiers would never go amiss!  :wink:

It would be a good candidate for a large UCS set, were it not for the fact that a minifigure-scale Ghost would be even larger than the UCS Millennium Falcon, and I am not paying $1000 for a Ghost, no matter how big it is!