darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

On 12/24/2019 at 8:03 PM, mon-o-mat said:

Since you set this set at 30 pounds, do you want it to be more than two speeder bikes?

Yeah likely some tree build or the log to create the play feature of the bike crashing into it.

Not original at all, but here are two popular ideas repeated for emphasis:

1. UCS A-Wing with display stand and four minifigures: A-Wing Pilot, Mon Mothma, General Maxine, and Admiral Ackbar

2. Hammerhead Corvette with four minifigures: two crew members, one of Raddus’s lieutenants, and General Draven

IG-11 with bagged Baby Yoda on speeder bike and 3 dirty Troopers

TIE Fighter with folding wings, including Gideon and a Death Trooper

Razor Crest including Mando, Baby Yoda in hovercrib, Kuiil, Blurrg, new carbonite mold(s)

Speeder bike pack with Scout Troopers.

E-Web Heavy Repeating blaster with Trooper, Pyro Trooper, Greef Karga and Werner Herzog

I just got Betrayal at Cloud City and would love a Yavin IV set as complete as Cloud City is. 

A four level pyrimid, from top to bottom:

Control Room

Briefing room

Celebration Room

Hangar. 

The control room has clear panels and the round display, with a bank of comms units behind. Below that is the room with the screen where the Death Star plans are seen, perhaps with a storage room to complete the level. Below is the room with the parade at the end and at the bottom is the hangar complete with Rebel Transport Speeder and Midi X Wing, Y Wing and Falcon. 

Figures - Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, 3PO, Dodonna, Red Leader, Red Leader's droid, Pops Krail, Technician x2, Officers x2, Royal Guard x2.

There's still quite a few sets they can get out of The Rise of Skywalker. Spoiler tagged for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Blue Passana Speeder
Might seem a bit redundant with the red version currently on shelves but it would complete the chase scene. Mostly repeat minifigures in Finn, Poe, C-3PO and/or Jet Trooper, but could also include Lando in Passana Disguise.

Death Star Ruins (with Water Skimmer)
Standard duel set combined with the Water Skimmer. Includes Darkside Rey alongside the standard Rey/Kylo minifigures.

Exogul Throne Room
Another duel playset. Includes Rey, Ben Solo and Emperor Palpatine with new double sided face print depicting both the decayed and rejuvenated forms. Depending on the size of the set it could also squeeze in a Sith Guard or two.

Final Order Star Destroyer
I don't think this is really a necessary set as it isn't really different enough from the standard Imperial Star Destroyer and wouldn't offer much new in terms of minifigures outside of the Sith Fleet Technicians but I'll list it as an option anyway.

Jedi Training Duel
Another small duel playset. Only needs to be around the size and price range of Starkiller Base. Includes Flashback Luke and Leia with the standard A-Wing helmets.

Night Buzzard or TIE Whisper
Either option could work for the last two Knights of Ren. The Night Buzzard makes more sense since its their personal ship but the TIE Whisper is probably the safer option, especially if Vonreg's TIE Fighter is retired by the time the summer wave is out.

Ochi's Ship (Bestoon Legacy)
Includes Rey, Finn and Poe in Kijimi winter gear along with Babu Frik (done as a single piece similar to Baby Groot and Forky)

Resistance B-Wing
Includes Aftar Ackbar (pilot), General Leia, Beaumont Kin and Nien Nunb.

The Fortitude (Resistance Landing Craft)
Similar size and price range to the First Order Transport from TFA. Would include Finn and Orbak (space horse). Other minifigures could range from Resistance Troopers, Sith Troopers, Rose, BB-8 or another Jannah.

UA-TT Walker
Similar size and price to the AT-AP Walker. Would include the usual First Order Troopers. Possibly one of the heroes in Kijimi winter gear.

14 hours ago, wesker said:

There's still quite a few sets they can get out of The Rise of Skywalker. Spoiler tagged for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Hide contents

Resistance B-Wing

This one needs to be done for sure.

My other most-wanted set would be: 

Spoiler

Kijimi house with Babu Frik, C-3PO and Rey with cloaks, and maybe another Zorri Bliss.  I really like the snowy, fire-lit atmosphere of Kijimi; it reminds me of Lake-town from The Hobbit. Sure, the minifigures could be slightly redundant here, but it could work well as a $30 set.

Edited by RogueTwo

Imperial Troop Transport - Death trooper, x2 stormtrooper, Flametrooper,  Gideon, Karga

Octuptarra Droid - Commander Bacara galactic marine x2

AT-OT Commander Bly, x3 327 troopers, Aayla Secura

Imperial Battlepack - Scout trooper, snowtrooper, x2 stormtrooper

On 12/29/2019 at 1:17 PM, m4st3rt3ch said:

Razor Crest including Mando, Baby Yoda in hovercrib, Kuiil, Blurrg, new carbonite mold(s)

E-Web Heavy Repeating blaster with Trooper, Pyro Trooper, Greef Karga and Werner Herzog

Ok, I am calling it now.  Baby Yoda will appear, but it will be in a set that is more than 100 pounds/Euros/dollars.  No way Disney/Lego let you have him in a small or midrange set.  If they are really feeling the pull of the Dark Side, he will end up being the San Diego Comic Con exclusive.  You would not need to be force sensitive to feel the galactic disturbance that would cause.  

On 12/31/2019 at 8:16 PM, AFOLguy1970 said:

Ok, I am calling it now.  Baby Yoda will appear, but it will be in a set that is more than 100 pounds/Euros/dollars.  No way Disney/Lego let you have him in a small or midrange set.  If they are really feeling the pull of the Dark Side, he will end up being the San Diego Comic Con exclusive.  You would not need to be force sensitive to feel the galactic disturbance that would cause.  

I think it will come out in a large set initially, and then be available in a much $20-30 range option a year or so later, much like the porg

On 1/1/2020 at 2:16 AM, AFOLguy1970 said:

[...] he will end up being the San Diego Comic Con exclusive.  You would not need to be force sensitive to feel the galactic disturbance that would cause.  

Luckily this would never happen since he requires at least one new mould :grin:

I'm hoping that we'll finally get some more prequel vehicles and scenes now that there's less obligation to make new sets, especially things from AOTC.  I was looking into that the other day, we've only received two major waves of Ep II sets - 2002 and 2013, and on Brickset, there are only nineteen sets tagged with Ep II - each of the other films from the first six movies have over 40 (!) with the exception of V and VI (which have 36 and 37, respectively, which is a surprise to me, though that may not count UCS and thus lower the number). 

Another AT-TE and Republic Gunship would be fantastic, they could also release these as Clone Wars sets, given that we're probably going to get more sets from the upcoming season of the show.  I'd love a $120 Gunship with 9 figures (Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, 2x Clone pilot, Clone gunner, Clone Commander, 2x Battle Droid).  Since the new "duel" playsets seem to be a hit, a reprise of Dooku vs. Yoda/Anakin/Obi-Wan would also be a popular set I bet - lots of desirable figures. 

An updated version of the Zam Wessell speeder chase is long overdue.  The chase scene lasts a good fifteen minutes, the speeders are unique colors, and it would be probably a relatively inexpensive set, $30-$40.  Two speeders, maybe the assassin probe, and Obi-Wan, Anakin, Zam, and possibly Padme or Jango Fett if they're being generous.

Jango's Slave I could also be an easy sell just because people like Jango Fett and like the ship.  Similar to how Boba's Slave I has gotten several releases with characters not entirely related to the ship, it would also be a very easy way to give us a Taun We/Lama Su figure, in addition to young Boba, Jango, and Anakin.  I would be a lot of people would justify the $120 price point just for Kaminoians.  

Finally, a Geonosis arena set would be pretty amazing.  I get why they haven't done it yet, just because it's not a sure-fire home run due to the mediocre popularity of the movie, and it'd be minimum $150 to capture the scene accurately.  Similar to some of the set ideas people have come up with, essentially a half circle of walls, one of which is the gate to enter, some seating space at the top of the walls, and a booth for Dooku/Separatists to watch.  Three stand-alone pillars, and the Ackley/Reek/Nexu would pretty much be sufficient for the build and provide a lot of playability plus the possibility to expand upon if they time it to release with other Clone Wars era sets.  Minifigs: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Count Dooku, Jango Fett, Poggle, 2x Geonosians, 4x Super Battle Droids, Mace Windu, and one more Jedi, maybe a non-Clone Wars Sassee Tin, or really anyone that we haven't gotten for a while. 

On 1/4/2020 at 5:28 AM, Kit Figsto said:

I'm hoping that we'll finally get some more prequel vehicles and scenes now that there's less obligation to make new sets, especially things from AOTC.  I was looking into that the other day, we've only received two major waves of Ep II sets - 2002 and 2013, and on Brickset, there are only nineteen sets tagged with Ep II - each of the other films from the first six movies have over 40 (!) with the exception of V and VI (which have 36 and 37, respectively, which is a surprise to me, though that may not count UCS and thus lower the number). 

Another AT-TE and Republic Gunship would be fantastic, they could also release these as Clone Wars sets, given that we're probably going to get more sets from the upcoming season of the show.  I'd love a $120 Gunship with 9 figures (Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, 2x Clone pilot, Clone gunner, Clone Commander, 2x Battle Droid).  Since the new "duel" playsets seem to be a hit, a reprise of Dooku vs. Yoda/Anakin/Obi-Wan would also be a popular set I bet - lots of desirable figures. 

An updated version of the Zam Wessell speeder chase is long overdue.  The chase scene lasts a good fifteen minutes, the speeders are unique colors, and it would be probably a relatively inexpensive set, $30-$40.  Two speeders, maybe the assassin probe, and Obi-Wan, Anakin, Zam, and possibly Padme or Jango Fett if they're being generous.

Jango's Slave I could also be an easy sell just because people like Jango Fett and like the ship.  Similar to how Boba's Slave I has gotten several releases with characters not entirely related to the ship, it would also be a very easy way to give us a Taun We/Lama Su figure, in addition to young Boba, Jango, and Anakin.  I would be a lot of people would justify the $120 price point just for Kaminoians.  

Finally, a Geonosis arena set would be pretty amazing.  I get why they haven't done it yet, just because it's not a sure-fire home run due to the mediocre popularity of the movie, and it'd be minimum $150 to capture the scene accurately.  Similar to some of the set ideas people have come up with, essentially a half circle of walls, one of which is the gate to enter, some seating space at the top of the walls, and a booth for Dooku/Separatists to watch.  Three stand-alone pillars, and the Ackley/Reek/Nexu would pretty much be sufficient for the build and provide a lot of playability plus the possibility to expand upon if they time it to release with other Clone Wars era sets.  Minifigs: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Count Dooku, Jango Fett, Poggle, 2x Geonosians, 4x Super Battle Droids, Mace Windu, and one more Jedi, maybe a non-Clone Wars Sassee Tin, or really anyone that we haven't gotten for a while. 

If a large set for the Arena would be to risky, why noit break it up into multiple smaller sets. Ackley-Attack, Geonosis Cannon and something like Geonosis tribune, a small set considering of the gate and a bit of space for Dokuu and the Seperatists. Each containing a single pillar and either Padme, Obi Wan or Anakin.

I would rather see some Ep. IV-VI sets + Mandalorian sets than the prequel trilogy. Maybe another Endor battle set (could be D2C), Star Destroyer with interior details, Updated Death Star (new approach rather then-current one), Tatooine sets (Cantina, Lars home...), Scout troopers battle pack with speeder bikes, etc. 

7 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

If a large set for the Arena would be to risky, why noit break it up into multiple smaller sets. Ackley-Attack, Geonosis Cannon and something like Geonosis tribune, a small set considering of the gate and a bit of space for Dokuu and the Seperatists. Each containing a single pillar and either Padme, Obi Wan or Anakin.

True, that could actually work quite well.  I like the idea of including one pillar in each set.  Maybe price them around $30-$40-$60 USD each, that way the entire thing totals the price point of a large set, but it becomes more affordable for kids or non-collectors who are only wanting certain figures or aspects of the set.  

6 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I would rather see some Ep. IV-VI sets + Mandalorian sets than the prequel trilogy. Maybe another Endor battle set (could be D2C), Star Destroyer with interior details, Updated Death Star (new approach rather then-current one), Tatooine sets (Cantina, Lars home...), Scout troopers battle pack with speeder bikes, etc. 

While I do agree that there are a lot of really cool potential sets from the OT, I feel like Lego's been producing a lot of these lately (and I say this as a big fan of the OT, I would say most of my Star Wars collection are sets based on the OT), while there's been fewer of the major ships or locations from the PT.  For example, the Republic Gunship, which plays a major role in Ep II and is in probably 75% of Clone Wars episodes, has had three sets based on it (not counting micro-scale).  I don't think that they should necessarily devote an entire wave to exclusively prequel sets, but I would like to see more of these vehicles/locations, produced in conjunction with the cool, sure-fire hits from the OT like a Cantina or Endor Battle Pack.  

Has LEGO made an Orbak yet? (the horse things from the new movie)

Seems like that's something LEGO should make if they haven't.

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

Has LEGO made an Orbak yet? (the horse things from the new movie)

Seems like that's something LEGO should make if they haven't.

No, they haven’t, but give them some time, the movie just came out!  :laugh:

Also, we didn’t get a tauntaun until 2009, a wampa until 2011, or a rancor until 2013 (even though we got a kaadu mold back in 2001-ish, so you just never know).

Another thing to keep in mind is that we haven’t gotten fathiers from TLJ yet, so I wouldn’t hold my breath for orbaks, even though I agree they would be really cool. 

Edited by RogueTwo

3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

And AFAIK we still dont have a bantha...

No quite true.  The birck-built version of the Bantha is available now.  Since it is available through a set (aka they have a design), not sure if we will ever see a molded one like the old Dewbacks.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Omand said:

No quite true.  The birck-built version of the Bantha is available now.  Since it is available through a set (aka they have a design), not sure if we will ever see a molded one like the old Dewbacks.

Cheers

Honestly, I love the brick-built Bantha from the new Microfighters.  I think a mold would have to be so bulky as to be both Duplo-esque and prohibitively expensive.  

This just made me think:

Fambaa vs MTT (Includes Gungan soldier and battle droid)

Wampa vs Tauntaun (includes Luke Skywalker)

Fathier vs Canto Bight Police Speeder (includes Finn, Rose, and Canto Bight police officer)

Orbak vs Sith TIE Fighter (includes Jannah and Sith Trooper)

I’m sure there are more options for brick-built creatures, and what about:

Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter vs Jango Fett’s Slave I

Anakin’s Speeder vs Zam Wesell’s Speeder

The possibities for Microfighters are nearly endless!!

Edited by RogueTwo

8 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Honestly, I love the brick-built Bantha from the new Microfighters.  I think a mold would have to be so bulky as to be both Duplo-esque and prohibitively expensive.  

This just made me think:

Fambaa vs MTT (Includes Gungan soldier and battle droid)

Wampa vs Tauntaun (includes Luke Skywalker)

Fathier vs Canto Bight Police Speeder (includes Finn, Rose, and Canto Bight police officer)

Orbak vs Sith TIE Fighter (includes Jannah and Sith Trooper)

I’m sure there are more options for brick-built creatures, and what about:

Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter vs Jango Fett’s Slave I

Anakin’s Speeder vs Zam Wesell’s Speeder

The possibities for Microfighters are nearly endless!!

I have not seen the brick-built Bantha in person yet.  The pictures look good though, and I very much like the brick-built Dewback.

Great ideas for some head to head Microfighter sets.  I will have to think on a few.

Cheers

ComicBook.com - Next Star Wars Movie Saga Reportedly Set in High Republic Era

With Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in the rearview mirror, Making Star Wars is reporting that the next film in the franchise is set to take place in the “High Republic” era. The report speculates that the setting would be about 400 years before the Skywalker Saga. Darth Bane would be a big figure and Yoda is active as a Jedi, but not as the wizened old figure fans would recognize from the adventures previously seen in the franchise. The plan would be to have the films be stand-alone efforts but interconnect in different ways.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:17 PM, m4st3rt3ch said:

I'm sold on that lot :thumbup:

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:24 AM, wesker said:

Reveal hidden contents

Blue Passana Speeder
Might seem a bit redundant with the red version currently on shelves but it would complete the chase scene. Mostly repeat minifigures in Finn, Poe, C-3PO and/or Jet Trooper, but could also include Lando in Passana Disguise.

Death Star Ruins (with Water Skimmer)
Standard duel set combined with the Water Skimmer. Includes Darkside Rey alongside the standard Rey/Kylo minifigures.

Exogul Throne Room
Another duel playset. Includes Rey, Ben Solo and Emperor Palpatine with new double sided face print depicting both the decayed and rejuvenated forms. Depending on the size of the set it could also squeeze in a Sith Guard or two.

Final Order Star Destroyer
I don't think this is really a necessary set as it isn't really different enough from the standard Imperial Star Destroyer and wouldn't offer much new in terms of minifigures outside of the Sith Fleet Technicians but I'll list it as an option anyway.

Jedi Training Duel
Another small duel playset. Only needs to be around the size and price range of Starkiller Base. Includes Flashback Luke and Leia with the standard A-Wing helmets.

Night Buzzard or TIE Whisper
Either option could work for the last two Knights of Ren. The Night Buzzard makes more sense since its their personal ship but the TIE Whisper is probably the safer option, especially if Vonreg's TIE Fighter is retired by the time the summer wave is out.

Ochi's Ship (Bestoon Legacy)
Includes Rey, Finn and Poe in Kijimi winter gear along with Babu Frik (done as a single piece similar to Baby Groot and Forky)

Resistance B-Wing

The Fortitude (Resistance Landing Craft)
Similar size and price range to the First Order Transport from TFA. Would include Finn and Orbak (space horse). Other minifigures could range from Resistance Troopers, Sith Troopers, Rose, BB-8 or another Jannah.

UA-TT Walker
Similar size and price to the AT-AP Walker. Would include the usual First Order Troopers. Possibly one of the heroes in Kijimi winter gear.

yep nice ideas I would happily have that lot

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, RogueTwo said:

This one needs to be done for sure.

My other most-wanted set would be: 

Reveal hidden contents

Kijimi house with Babu Frik, C-3PO and Rey with cloaks, and maybe another Zorri Bliss.  I really like the snowy, fire-lit atmosphere of Kijimi; it reminds me of Lake-town from The Hobbit. Sure, the minifigures could be slightly redundant here, but it could work well as a $30 set.

again I would buy those without hesitation

Apologies if any ideas have been mentioned prior. Here is what I came up with...

Rise of Skywalker 

75XXX Night Buzzard 

Minfigures: Kuruk, Cardo, First Order Stormtrooper Captain, First Order Stormtrooper

75XXX B-Wing Starfighter 

Minifigures: Resistance Pilot, Aftab Ackbar, Larma D'Acy, Resistance Trooper 

75XXX Final Order Star Destroyer 

Minifigures: General Pryde, Final Order Officer, Final Order Fleet Trooper(x2), Sith Trooper 

75XXX First Order UA-TT

Minifigures: First Order Walker Pilot, First Order SnowTrooper(x2), Poe Dameron, Zorii Bliss 

75XXX Water Skimmer w/Death Star Ruins

Minifigures: Rey, Kylo Ren, Finn, Jannah

75XXX Palpatine's Exegol Throne Room

Minifigures: Palpatine, Rey, Ben Solo, First Order Royal Guard 

75XXX Resistance Tantive IV 

Minifigures: Nien Numb, Urcos Furdam, Gial Ackbar, Resistance Trooper(x2) 

75XXX Resistance Transport Ship 

Minifigures: Finn, Rose, Resistance Pilot, Jannah, BB-8

The Mandalorian

75XXX The RazorCrest 

Minifigures: The Mandalorian, The Child, Kuiil, IG-11

75XXX Moff Gideon'S Tie Fighter 

Minifigures: Moff Gideon, The Mandalorian, Greef Karga, Stormtrooper 

75XXX Imperial Remnants Battle Pack 

Minifigures: Pyro Trooper, Death Trooper, Stormtrooper(x2) 

The Last Jedi

75XXX Canto Bight Police Speeder 

Minifigures: Canto Bight Policeman, Finn, Fathier 

Fallen Order 

75XXX Stinger Mantis 

Minifgures: Greez Dritus, Cal Kestis, Cere Junda, BD-1, Second Sister 

Just finished binging The Mandalorian. Loved it, it got better and better and I can't wait for the 2nd series! Lots of great character's and locations but not an abundance of vehicle's which might make squeezing all the key character's into sets slightly difficult. Here's my two pence worth for potential future sets (in chronological order)...

Spoiler

Razor Crest - The most obvious vehicle - likely a play-scale ship initially, with an array of 'flat silver' and/or 'metallic silver' parts (as opposed the inevitable LBG), and including a moulded Blurrg (not a fan of the recent trend in brick-built creatures if I'm honest).

• Minifigures: Din Djarin (with beskar pauldron) / The Child / Kuiil / Jawa

The Client - Polybag with Werner Herzog's character

Nevarro Escape - Large location set - Nevarro street build possibly with city gate arch, and the small speeder transport. Pretty pie-in-the-sky idea but good chance to release several figures otherwise difficult to place, and also the location for a number of other key scenes throughout the series.

• Minifigures: Din Djarin (full beskar armour) / The Child / R6 Astromech / Greef Karga / Saucer Head / Zero / Paz Vizla

New Republic Prison Ship - Play-scale ship with corridors (including prison cells and Hovering Security Droids), and the control room. Highly unlikely but I loved this episode and all the characters.

• Minifigures: New Republic Security Droid / Mayfeld / Burg / Xi'an / Davan

Ran's Gunship vs. New Republic X-Wing Microfighters - Dual microfighter set with Ranzar Malk's Gunship and New Republic X-Wing. Even more unlikely than the above but would love to get a new male Twi'lek head mould and a New Republic pilot/helmet!

• Minifigures: Qin / Jib Dodger

Nevarro Lava Field Rescue - Smallish set, with the iconic 74-Z Speeder bike, and a new/better IG Assassin droid mould!

• Minifigures: Remnant Scout Troopers x 2 / IG-11

Moff Gideon's Outland TIE - probably the most likely set after the Razor Crest - thought the folding wings were pretty awesome!

• Minifigures: Moff Gideon (with dark blade of course) / Death Trooper / Pyro Trooper

Navarro Battlepack - Small Lair of the Tribe / blacksmith build.

• Minifigures: Remnant Stormtroopers x 3 / Female Mandalorian Armouror 

Edited by ThousandMoon

Just give me a new Rebel Trooper battle pack please... It's been so long and it's so tough to get many of them since they're just in 1 expensive set and 1 crap baby set.