darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

@Omand I'd add an ARC-170 and V-19 to that Republic sets list

Haven't both of them been done though?  I am generally a OT & ST guy, not prequel.

But, sure, we can add them in. :)

On 9/19/2019 at 2:06 PM, m4st3rt3ch said:

The 75218 costs €100 in Germany. 75102 (Poe) already was expensive at €90, compared to 75149 (Resistance) for €80. I wouldn't mind it selling at €90, if it's better than 75218 (engine f-up).

Since the Death Star will leave us in 2020, looking at the LEDO DS history a new one in 2021 would be no surprise. *TADAAA* Thick box :)

The Death Star is retiring in 2020? Where was this confirmed?

On 9/25/2019 at 1:35 PM, Eaglefan344 said:

What do you guys think the chances of an Ewok Village (10236) re-release are in the next few years? The Death Star was on the shelf for almost 8 years before the re-release and it's been over 6 years since 10236 was released. It seems like the first one sold well.

Thinking about picking it up but the minifigs are pretty dated. 

Direct re-release? 0%. Some other Endor set? Decent chance. I feel like if we were going to see another large "Master Builder" Endor kit they'd simply do the Bunker this time - would easily tick all the boxes. Simple but recognizable structure easily depicted that doesn't take up quite as much space as the Cloud City, check. Can include several vehicles like a midi-ish scale AT-ST, speeder bikes, Ewok Hang Glider, check. Action features of Ewok traps and door functions, check. Full of unique character variants, check (updated Endor Han, Leia with a printed poncho and perhaps slight battle-damage, Ewoks galore, as many Rebels and Imperials as they care to include, even a zappy-zappy R2 variant if they're feeling adventurous). Maybe do it as a rectangular diorama with some forest floor, couple big trees, front half of the Bunker with door, and a passable interior. 

On 10/17/2019 at 12:56 AM, Omand said:

Haven't both of them been done though?  I am generally a OT & ST guy, not prequel.

But, sure, we can add them in. :)

ARC-170 was done in Series 2, but the V19 hasn't been touched. Could be a good opportunity to do a Clone pilot with unusual helmet printing, from a specific squadron.

Not mine - but for anyone doubting it couldn't be done... :tongue:

Edited by wesker

46 minutes ago, wesker said:

Not mine - but for anyone doubting it couldn't be done... :tongue:

I mean, it looks like the TPM royal starship, so I can forgive the gaps and compromises in shaping, but if TLC ever release one I’d want it to be metallic silver at the least.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:46 PM, Bartybum said:

@Omand I'd add an ARC-170 and V-19 to that Republic sets list

For whatever reason, I'd really like to see a new V-Wing.  They get three seconds of screen time, but so what?  I'm smitten with the "Alphabet fighters," and cheap(ish) fighters are always nice

19 hours ago, eliminator said:

Hear, hear!  Always glad to see more love for Rogue One.  My personal preference would be the Hammerhead Corvette, but any/all would be good.

After the two amazing micro scaled sets of Hoth and Endor I really would like to get similar ones for episode 1-4 and Rogue One:

• episode 1: Battle of Naboo (some buildings, one of these tan tanks and a Naboo security speeder and some micro figs) or Pod Racing Duell (platform with tower and Anakin's and his enemy's podracer)
  • episode 2: Battle of Genosis (AT-OT, Republic Gunship and Hallfire Droid) or Genosian Arena (platform, the three columns, the three monsters and micro figs of Padme, Obi and Anakin)
  • episode 3: Ride on the Jedi Temple (Jedi Temple, Republic Gunship and micro figs of Anakin and some Clone Troopers) or Battle of Kashyyyk (beach wirh tree hut with Clones commando base, sea with spider droid and Wookie Catamaran in the air)
  • Rogue One: Battle of Scarif (AT-AT, the small building, the Imperial Freighter, some palms and some micro figs)
  • episode 4: Death Star Battle (some grey scenery with a defence gun tower, Luke's X-Wing and Vader' TIE)

Would you like these, too? Or do you have some interesting other ideas?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

On 9/19/2019 at 8:06 PM, m4st3rt3ch said:

The 75218 costs €100 in Germany. 75102 (Poe) already was expensive at €90, compared to 75149 (Resistance) for €80. I wouldn't mind it selling at €90, if it's better than 75218 (engine f-up).

Since the Death Star will leave us in 2020, looking at the LEDO DS history a new one in 2021 would be no surprise. *TADAAA* Thick box :)

Still don't know how someone could think, that 100€ for a X-Wing where appropriate, esepcially for one that wasn't even that good.

Generally I think that those fighters like TIE and Vulture Droids, that are actually quite small compared to other fighters, should come at smaller sizes again.

This could actually make it possible for combination-sets like V-Wing vs. Vulture Droid or A-Wing vs. TIE-Interceptor again.

I do hope we get J:FO sets like the Mantis, the game is pretty great and while there is only one new prominent vehicle, it'd be a nice oppurtunity to go back and get older ones they've missed, like the TIE Interceptor, TIE Reaper, Imperial Police Dropship, Zeta Class Shuttle and Rebels AT AT. You could also get some good location sets out of it.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:10 AM, AManofNoConsequence said:

I do hope we get J:FO sets like the Mantis, the game is pretty great and while there is only one new prominent vehicle, it'd be a nice oppurtunity to go back and get older ones they've missed, like the TIE Interceptor, TIE Reaper, Imperial Police Dropship, Zeta Class Shuttle and Rebels AT AT. You could also get some good location sets out of it.

I would like to see a Purge Trooper Battle Pack. Could contain two Pruge-Troopers, a glow-stick scout and a normal Stormtrooper.

With quite a few reasonably priced players coming out in the last few years (Duel on Naboo, Vader Transformation, Duel on Starkiller Base, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Hoth Medical Centre, Death Star Escape, Death Star Cannon, the forthcoming Mustafar Duel) depicting complete scenes and with great minifig selections, here are a few OT ones I think would work well. 

Death Star Trash Compactor (Luke (stormtrooper), Imperial Officer, 3PO, Dianoga, compactor room with moving walls, Hanger Bay control room with sliding door) 

Death Star Detention Level (Han (stormtrooper), Chewie, 2x Death Star Troopers, exploding grate, side build is the platform the Death Star beam passes. 

Hoth Control Room (Leia, Han, Commander, Soldier, exploding computers and collapsing walls) 

Bespin Junk Pile (Leia (white suit), Chewie with 3PO backpack, Ugnaught, E-3PO, moving conveyor belt, moving door) 

Now a bigger one, based more on the Ep VII set Rathtar Esacpe, but based on the interior of the Tantive IV, with three sections you can put together in different formations - corridor with exploding door, area near the escape pods where Leia gets stunned, generic corridor section with Leia, R2, Fleet Trooper, Vader, Imperial Officer, 2x Stormtrooper. 

Considering Lego have heavily focused on ANH sets particularly Tatooine, I think it’s time for Endor. 

75XXX Speeder Bike Chase £29.99

Minfigures: Endor Luke, Endor Leia, Scout Trooper (x2) 

75XXX AT-ST Walker £59.99 

Includes: Walker and log trap 

Minifigures: AT-ST Driver, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Paploo

75XXX Endor Bunker Battle £99.99

Includes: Far more detailed bunker, Ewok glider, Ewok catapult

Minifigures: Han Solo, Leia, C3-PO, R2-D2, Wicket, Chief Chirpa, Rebel Soldier (x2), Stormtrooper (x2) 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Considering Lego have heavily focused on ANH sets particularly Tatooine, I think it’s time for Endor. 

[...]

75XXX AT-ST Walker £59.99 

[...]

75XXX Endor Bunker Battle £99.99

[...]

I love the idea of the Speeder Bikes and the Endor Bunker Battle, but I feel like it's way too early for another AT-ST.  Maybe by 2021 I'd be ready for a new chicken walker.  :wink:

10 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I love the idea of the Speeder Bikes and the Endor Bunker Battle, but I feel like it's way too early for another AT-ST.  Maybe by 2021 I'd be ready for a new chicken walker.  :wink:

I’ll go out on a limb and predict the next AT-ST comes in a D2C. 

57 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Perhaps you’re right regarding the Walker! 

43 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Ooo interesting... 

D2C Endor set yes please.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Have you heard any rumors?  :classic:

On 12/11/2019 at 7:33 PM, jdubbs said:

Are you hinting at something here? Endor D2C in a similar vein to (dont kill me) assault on hoth would be pretty cool.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Does anyone here see this becoming a set somewhere down the road? :shrug_confused:

As cool as that thing is, I doubt it'll show up for more than a second or two in the film. Though we did get the quadjumper, so for all I know this is already in production.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As cool as that thing is, I doubt it'll show up for more than a second or two in the film. Though we did get the quadjumper, so for all I know this is already in production.

Come to think it, maybe it'll instead be placed under the Speed Champions theme... :sarcasm_smug:

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Are you hinting at something here? Endor D2C in a similar vein to (dont kill me) assault on hoth would be pretty cool.

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm not hinting, no. My "prediction" is just an educated guess. But I do think a playset like you suggest is probably one of the next (if not the next) Assault on Hoth/Betrayal at Cloud City-type set LEGO does, and I could also see LEGO updating the UCS AT-ST build in the next few years... 

Edited by jdubbs

On 12/12/2019 at 12:34 AM, ArrowBricks said:

Minfigures: Endor Luke, Endor Leia, Scout Trooper (x2) 

Since you set this set at 30 pounds, do you want it to be more than two speeder bikes?

I like our odds of getting some cool Clone Wars era stuff like the Republic Gunship and ARC-170  in the next few years. With the return of The Clone Wars and less movie congestion down the road due to the Sequels finishing and the Anthology stuff seemingly on hold a bit, I think Lego will have more room to start going back over favourites like those which haven't gotten much shine these past few years.

In terms of the immediate future, I'm obviously going to need The Razor Crest with Beskar Mando and Baby Yoda!