darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Anybody knowing the chans of getting a rebuild on Vaders UCS TIE Advanced, in 2020 or 21?

Realy want one but dont like the old one.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, Lexington said:

Anybody knowing the chans of getting a rebuild on Vaders UCS TIE Advanced, in 2020 or 21?

3720 to 1?  ?

In all seriousness, there’s no way to know until the rumors start coming around (and I just want to say that all the UCS rumors from the past three years have been accurate).  

I don’t think the UCS TIE Fighter sold that well, but I have no data to back it up.  My guess would be that it will be rereleased at some point, but not until 2021 at the earliest.  

My dream scenario for UCS (complete with realistically extortionate pricing) would be:

May 2020: A-Wing $200

September 2020: Yavin Base $300

May 2021: [Starfighter of some kind] $200

September 2021: Imperial Shuttle $400

And it’s too exhausting to think beyond 2021.  :wacko:

Edited by RogueTwo

I’m calling it now; the big UCS Set is an AT-AT.

now hear me out, what’s the main thing holding them back from releasing a large AT-AT? Stability.

now look at what sets have been released this past year or so; the Jurassic Park T-Rex, the Stranger Things house, Voltron. The list goes on, these are not the most stable of builds. The T-Rex can topple in an instant if you move it wrong, and yet it’s still full of articulation, but heavy articulation, Lego have really sussed out how to make stable joints in big things like that.

so considering that, considering next year is pretty much guaranteed a walker anyhow if it follows the 3-year tradition of the past few iterations, and considering the popularity of even the plus sized model in the community. I think that next year is the most likely it’s ever been that we’ll see a £200-300 AT-AT. But even if I’m wrong, we’ll probably get some sort of version of the vehicle anyhow, because of the 3 year thing, and the fact we got a snowspeeder this year

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I’m calling it now; the big UCS Set is an AT-AT.

now hear me out, what’s the main thing holding them back from releasing a large AT-AT? Stability.

now look at what sets have been released this past year or so; the Jurassic Park T-Rex, the Stranger Things house, Voltron. The list goes on, these are not the most stable of builds. The T-Rex can topple in an instant if you move it wrong, and yet it’s still full of articulation, but heavy articulation, Lego have really sussed out how to make stable joints in big things like that.

so considering that, considering next year is pretty much guaranteed a walker anyhow if it follows the 3-year tradition of the past few iterations, and considering the popularity of even the plus sized model in the community. I think that next year is the most likely it’s ever been that we’ll see a £200-300 AT-AT. But even if I’m wrong, we’ll probably get some sort of version of the vehicle anyhow, because of the 3 year thing, and the fact we got a snowspeeder this year

I'm gonna agree that an AT-AT is the next big set, although I think it will be closer to the $700-800 USD price point. 

I think in May 2020 we get an A-Wing, then in September we get a MBS set. AT-AT in Sept 2021. 

1 minute ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I think it will be closer to the $700-800 USD price point. 

Do you want to ride that thing into battle? No way.

I think the ucs AT-AT will probably just be plus-size, like the sandcrawler. Big enough to not look weird, but not minifigure scale as that’s too big

I’m in the A-Wing for May 2020 boat. I have no insider info but I’d be willing to put money on it, these last few UCS sets have been so predictable, I know myself and several other people on this forum were calling the Y-Wing when the snowspeeder came out, the Tantive/ISD combo when the Y-Wing came out... you get the idea. Another TIE has to be on the way too, probably a Bomber but I could see either an Interceptor or Advanced rerelease. Both are due for an update. 

Assuming LEGO keeps the trend of 2 Star Wars D2Cs a year, I could see the AT-AT being next. LEGO knows we want it and when it comes to UCS it’s pretty obvious that LEGO listens to our requests (we did just get the MILF and the ISD). I don’t buy the stability excuse anymore, a couple years ago I did, but their current designers are more than capable of designing an AT-AT. The problem with it is that we all want it to be minifigure scale, and I don’t see LEGO attempting a large AT-AT without trying to put space for, at the very least, 2 figures sitting side by side in the cockpit. Considering the size of some of the MOCs out there, yeah the price tag will come at something similar to the Falcon and Star Destroyer. I believe Cavegod’s AT-AT is minifigure scale and has around 6100 pieces. I wouldn’t be surprised if an official UCS AT-AT became the new largest set of all time (even if it only beats 75192 by a handful of pieces). 

But if LEGO wants to go the playset route,  there’s no knowing what they’ll give us. If I had to guess, I’d guess they’d do another attempt at echo base. Nobody wants it but I’m sure it’ll come eventually. I hate jumping to conclusions from set patterns, but since the Death Star was in 2016 and Cloud City was in 2018 one could be forgiven for expecting something from RotJ. An Ewok Village rerelease would be nice, but I’d rather see Jabba’s palace or sail barge. Not to mention all the prequel era stuff they could do. I won’t make a list of it all, but in response to some of the posts here: Geonosis and Kamino would be amazing but they need the figures to back it up. Geonosians and Kaminoans obviously, but there needs to be more. I’m talking Death Star levels of figures, so 20 at the minimum. If we get Geonosis, it needs lots of Jedi and droids out the wazoo. Especially the droids. I know minifigures cost a lot to produce but the old MTT sets prove that battle droids are exceptions. If we get Kamino, the figures need to be clones, clones and more clones. Leave out Lama Su, Jango, Kenobi and all the rest, give us an army of shinies and their commanding officers, give us squads of battalions like the 212th and 501st. Give us the clones that we see eating in the lunch room, the clones that are still in their growth pods, hell even kid clones. And 99 of course. They can leave out every other important character from AotC and TCW but they can’t leave out 99.

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m in the A-Wing for May 2020 boat. I have no insider info but I’d be willing to put money on it, these last few UCS sets have been so predictable, I know myself and several other people on this forum were calling the Y-Wing when the snowspeeder came out, the Tantive/ISD combo when the Y-Wing came out... you get the idea. Another TIE has to be on the way too, probably a Bomber but I could see either an Interceptor or Advanced rerelease. Both are due for an update. 

I believe Cavegod’s AT-AT is minifigure scale and has around 6100 pieces. I wouldn’t be surprised if an official UCS AT-AT became the new largest set of all time (even if it only beats 75192 by a handful of pieces). 

An Ewok Village rerelease would be nice, but I’d rather see Jabba’s palace or sail barge. Not to mention all the prequel era stuff they could do.

Five points in retort: 

(1) A-Wing is such a simple design that a UCS version is hard to justify and I doubt it will sell very well.. 

(2) cavegod's AT-AT  is way bigger than minifig scale. Raskolnikov' AT-AT is closer to minifig scale and only around 2500 pieces. 

(3) Ewok Village is close to perfect and is going for a smidgen over RRP price. Absolutely no reason for a re-issue

(4) Obi-wan's Starfighter didn't sell well from all reports, so TLG is probably snakebitten about doing another UCS set from the Prequel era

(5) After the bad press Cloud City and Hoth got, I am skeptical whether another UCS playset will be made in the next two years. However, if they do, I can see a UCS Cantina given how well the two recent sets sold. 

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

With this Ucs Star Destroyer , I think LEGO completely exhausted OT stuff as Ucs Mbs. Hopefully this means they move on to Prequels as UCS . There’s a lot of untapped potential here and it seems in general more people have come around on prequels so yeah. Mbs Jedi temple, mbs Geonosis Arena, Ucs Republic Gunship and many more.

1 hour ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Five points in retort: 

(1) A-Wing is such a simple design that a UCS version is hard to justify and I doubt it will sell very well.. 

[...]

(3) Ewok Village is close to perfect and is going for a smidgen over RRP price. Absolutely no reason for a re-issue

[...]

(5) After the bad press Cloud City and Hoth got, I am skeptical whether another UCS playset will be made in the next two years. However, if they do, I can see a UCS Cantina given how well the two recent sets sold. 

1.  I’ve thought about this as well, but the A-Wing isn’t that much simpler (if at all) than the Snowspeeder, which was made twice.  I think the problem is that A-Wings used to be obscure, but now they’ve featured prominently in Rebels and the Sequel Trilogy.  

3. True, but LEGO isnt getting the money from the Ewok Village anymore; resellers are.  I agree it would be a waste of a D2C set, though. 

5. Can’t argue with you there.  Even though the current schedule says we’re due for a giant play set next year, I think they might reconsider.  I think Yavin IV or a Jedi Temple would be more appealing than a Cantina, simply because they are architecturally more interesting, and I doubt  a new Cantina would deliver on the massive variety of new minifigure alien molds that most people would like to see.  

20 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

3720 to 1?  ?

In all seriousness, there’s no way to know until the rumors start coming around (and I just want to say that all the UCS rumors from the past three years have been accurate).  

I don’t think the UCS TIE Fighter sold that well, but I have no data to back it up.  My guess would be that it will be rereleased at some point, but not until 2021 at the earliest.  

My dream scenario for UCS (complete with realistically extortionate pricing) would be:

May 2020: A-Wing $200

September 2020: Yavin Base $300

May 2021: [Starfighter of some kind] $200

September 2021: Imperial Shuttle $400

And it’s too exhausting to think beyond 2021.  :wacko:

Never till me the odds ?

Edited by Lexington

On 9/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, Lexington said:

Let's do a cost benefit analysis on this:

Positives 

-- As you point out, 10175 is a very dated design and can definitely benefit from a refresh. (The flatter hull (compared to the standard TIE) means the designers can incorporate more SNOT elements to the design).  

-- New sealed versions of 10175 are currently selling at 12-18% CAGR of RRP, which is quite a lot (but may be more indicative of the period the model was released). 

-- Synonymous with the best known character in the franchise. 

-- It is a much more visually appealing design than the standard TIE.  

-- 10175 came out about 13 years ago, which roughly the same length of time between UCS X-Wing refreshes. 

Negatives

-- It is likely to have limited appeal to the younger generation of Star Wars, which as a UCS  set is not a huge detraction as AFOLs are likely to be the target market segment. 

-- 75095 sold just okay and the build wasn't the most interesting. 

-- It is debatable whether or not it is an iconic ship of the SW franchise, despite the identity of the person who flew it,  because of its limited on-screen presence.  Perhaps this point is the biggest detraction. I don't follow Rebels or the Clone Wars series, but I assume it has appeared in at least the former. 

21 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

1.  I’ve thought about this as well, but the A-Wing isn’t that much simpler (if at all) than the Snowspeeder, which was made twice.  I think the problem is that A-Wings used to be obscure, but now they’ve featured prominently in Rebels and the Sequel Trilogy.  

3. True, but LEGO isnt getting the money from the Ewok Village anymore; resellers are.  I agree it would be a waste of a D2C set, though. 

5. Can’t argue with you there.  Even though the current schedule says we’re due for a giant play set next year, I think they might reconsider.  I think Yavin IV or a Jedi Temple would be more appealing than a Cantina, simply because they are architecturally more interesting, and I doubt  a new Cantina would deliver on the massive variety of new minifigure alien molds that most people would like to see.  

[1] I think the Snowspeeder is a much more complex as it had some slopes around the shoulders which the designers could not quite replicate, even on a UCS Model.  By contrast, the 4+ A-Wing model was quite accurate for such a limited piece model.

[3] My point here is, that despite the outstanding design, demand for the set has not been extraordinary.  

[5] I regard Yavin IV or Jedi Temple to be high-risk play-sets. Irrespective of this, TLG need to get Marcos Bessa back to designing UCS SW sets, asap, because the bad PR from the last two UCS playsets may adversely affect the viability of future sets. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Battle of Endor as the next big playset. A new shield bunker, an AT-ST etc. I’d say most of the mini figures have been updated well since 2009 in other sets though. 

The last Ewok Village was close to perfect in design. Aside from some updated minifigures I don’t know what else they could add to it that isn’t already there. 

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Battle of Endor as the next big playset. A new shield bunker, an AT-ST etc. I’d say most of the mini figures have been updated well since 2009 in other sets though. 

The last Ewok Village was close to perfect in design. Aside from some updated minifigures I don’t know what else they could add to it that isn’t already there. 

I’d much prefer something new if I’m honest e.g. Geonosian Arena or a Jedi Temple. 

I think the Endor sets are needed though and should be done in a few sets... 

Speeder Chase- Gives is an Endor Luke 

Shield Bunker with AT-ST 

There are a ton of  large, UCS sized, sets they could do without rehashing old designs or getting into obscure models. 

A UCS speeder bike has been talked about for years.  I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing more brick built figures/droids/aliens.  That seems to be the recent trend.  Brick builds such as 3PO, Jabba, Ewok, K2SO (once the Cassian show comes out) etc.

I think LEGO should make some UCS sets of smaller vehicles like Luke's Landspeeder or the A-Wing. Things they can do at a lower price point than say the UCS X-Wing or UCS Tie but that are still detailed enough to qualify as UCS.

Sets like the UCS X-Wing, UCS TIE and UCS Y-Wing have US RRPs of $200 or so. Plenty of smaller vehicles they could do as UCS at around the US $100 price point.

Edited by jonwil

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

I think LEGO should make some UCS sets of smaller vehicles like Luke's Landspeeder or the A-Wing. Things they can do at a lower price point than say the UCS X-Wing or UCS Tie but that are still detailed enough to qualify as UCS.

Sets like the UCS X-Wing, UCS TIE and UCS Y-Wing have US RRPs of $200 or so. Plenty of smaller vehicles they could do as UCS at around the US $100 price point.

I think a lot of us agree with you, but why would they charge $100 for their semi-annual flagship set when they could charge $200-300?  :cry_sad:
The only chance I see for cheap(er) UCS sets that aren't busts or creatures is if they are part of regular waves, rather than May the Fourth/October-the-whatever exclusives.  

-Luke's Landspeeder
-A-Wing
-Speeder Bikes
-Anakin's Podracer
-Cloud Car
-Desert Skiff
-AT-RT
-Maybe even TIE Interceptor
-Jedi Starfighter (Delta or Eta)

I want a Sandtrooper Battle Pack

It would be a very small build with a Dewback with 3 Sandtroopers (One with a lance instead of a blaster) and a Sandtrooper Commander with a blaster rifle

Edited by SilverStorm

14 hours ago, SilverStorm said:

I want a Sandtrooper Battle Pack

It would be a very small build with a Dewback with 3 Sandtroopers (One with a lance instead of a blaster) and a Sandtrooper Commander with a blaster rifle

I don't particularly want this set, given that it might be too similar to the Dewback and Escape Pod Microfighters.  That said, I think there's actually a good chance this set could be made, and I hope for you that it does.

If we do get another UCS/Master Builder playset style set, I'd love a Jabba's Palace.  The last one was what, 2012?  It was a great set, especially combined with the rancor pit, but something of a larger, more detailed design would be great.  A lot of great exclusive minifig potential as well.