Future Star Wars Sets

13 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

Such a meme

Can you imagine the absolute shitstorm if Lego did that lol

8 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Can you imagine the absolute shitstorm if Lego did that lol

But so much people would buy it for memes, and so many wouldn't XD

It'd be interesting to get the fig though

Hopefully the negative reaction to Cloud City following Hoth won't have a negative impact on future D2C location based playsets. I'm already anticipating the next one and can't what to see what they come up with next - hopefully as soon as next year.

27 minutes ago, wesker said:

negative reaction to Cloud City

I think the number of positive responses is greater than the negative ones. It's just that upset people tend to be a bit louder and outspoken about things, which makes it seem that they are in the majority. 

Edit: tbh the metric Lego will use to gauge its popularity will be how well it sells. People can complain all the want, but if it sells well it'll still be considered a success. 

Edited by nikhkin

Just now, nikhkin said:

I think the number of positive responses is greater than the negative ones. It's just that upset people tend to be a bit louder and outspoken about things, which makes it seem that they are in the majority. 

Agree! This seems to be a big problem within the SW community.

37 minutes ago, Brick2x4 said:

Agree! This seems to be a big problem within the SW community.

It’s in every community. People are generally quiet until they’re unhappy.

The Technic forum had it with the Bugatti Chiron too.

Edited by Bartybum

13 hours ago, xyaks said:

I wouldenjoy a starkiller base set :)

They probably won't make one as it would essentially be a death star and TLG have already made 2. And TFA hype has died down a long time ago so chances are pretty slim.  Prepare your wallets for next year as there is a good chance that there will be a big wave of CW sets coming out!

2 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

They probably won't make one as it would essentially be a death star and TLG have already made 2. And TFA hype has died down a long time ago so chances are pretty slim.  Prepare your wallets for next year as there is a good chance that there will be a big wave of CW sets coming out!

As long as we get a new Ahsoka I'll be happy. 

Though I wouldn't mind a good-quality Republic gunship. Always liked those. 

33 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

As long as we get a new Ahsoka I'll be happy. 

Though I wouldn't mind a good-quality Republic gunship. Always liked those. 

Yes she does need a new headpiece

And for gunships you could always try looking for other peoples mocs, and I'm not sure if TLG will make another one as there are already 3 versions with the latest being released in 2013

9 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

We definitely need an UCS Jedi Temple. 

I don't think TLG will make one though, as it is the place where Anakin killed all the younglings

55 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

I don't think TLG will make one though, as it is the place where Anakin killed all the younglings

That shouldn't have an impact on it. The easiest solution is to not market the massacre scene by excluding the younglings and/or clones from the set. There's still plenty of moments to depict across the three prequel films and Clone Wars series as well as plenty of characters. And the Jedi Temple is pretty much tied with Yavin IV and the Geonosian Arena as the most wanted locations for a UCS/MBS set now that Cloud City, Death Star and Ewok Village are out the way.

I agree that Starkiller Base is pretty unlikely to happen though.

Since 2019 is the 20th birthday of Lego SW, I bet that there'll be minimum one (regular or exclusive) set from each OT episode - so likely sets from

• Tatooine (Owen's Homestead with Owen, Beru, Luke and a droid would be really cool and go perfectly with the Cantina, the Sandcrawler and the Tatooine BP from 2018, plus a Tantive IV RBR needs to be released as a redesign)
  • Hoth (sadly very likely again a redundant Snowspeeder with Luke and his gunner and a Snowtrooper with cannon)
  • Endor (a small set with Endor Luke fighting against a Scout Trooper on a Speederbike would be great, plus the AT-AT needs to be included in a set, too - perhaps a remake of the Endor Bunker Battle?)

Does anyone else think/hope we'll see a new System scale B-Wing next year? We had the X-Wing this year, the Rogue One Y-Wing last year and, I think, the last A-Wing came out just before that.

As far as trends go I think there's room for optimism despite the last set having been released in 2014.

Edited by stevej

18 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Since 2019 is the 20th birthday of Lego SW, I bet that there'll be minimum one (regular or exclusive) set from each OT episode - so likely sets from

• Tatooine (Owen's Homestead with Owen, Beru, Luke and a droid would be really cool and go perfectly with the Cantina, the Sandcrawler and the Tatooine BP from 2018, plus a Tantive IV RBR needs to be released as a redesign)
  • Hoth (sadly very likely again a redundant Snowspeeder with Luke and his gunner and a Snowtrooper with cannon)
  • Endor (a small set with Endor Luke fighting against a Scout Trooper on a Speederbike would be great, plus the AT-AT needs to be included in a set, too - perhaps a remake of the Endor Bunker Battle?)

Would personally like to see either a snowspeeder with updated canopy piece to accommodate the new helmet mould or finally a GR-75 medium transport, which could include Wedge, Hobbie and an assortment of Hoth Rebel troopers and Snowtroopers.

29 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Given that CW is returning, what would people think about a UCS ARC-170?

I would just prefer a minifig scaled one

On 8/28/2018 at 12:39 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

I'd love to finally get the Lars Homestead. I think it could work well enough as a retail set with the characters mentioned.

If it were a D2C playset along the lines of Ewok Village and Assault on Hoth however, I would probably prefer a bigger lineup that includes the prequel cast alongside the classic characters.

13 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

I would just prefer a minifig scaled one

Same here. Even then I wouldn't mind a scaled down and more durable build than the last two versions. The ARC-170 has never really been a favorite of mine because it's been so flimsy and takes up too much display space.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:14 AM, KevinYoung said:

I'd take one(arc 170)  prefer a UCS Venator or SD though.

UCS venator would certainly be appreciated, although there has been many MOCs over the years

17 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

UCS venator would certainly be appreciated, although there has been many MOCs over the years

Would love to get Anios but the price range gotta be over 2000 grand for it I would think. I'm not paying that kind of coin  for lego.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:19 AM, wesker said:

Hopefully the negative reaction to Cloud City following Hoth won't have a negative impact on future D2C location based playsets. I'm already anticipating the next one and can't what to see what they come up with next - hopefully as soon as next year.

I could easily see a Yavin IV temple set as the D2C for next May the Fourth, given that they've never released it before, it's iconic Star Wars and also relevant to Rogue One, Rebels, etc.  Furthermore, the fact that the concept model from nearly two decades ago is so well-known makes me think that this set could really maximize its nostalgic value.  If past years have been anything to go by, we'll get one D2C (formerly "UCS" only) in the spring, and one in the fall.  Since the spring set has never been more than 300 US, as far as I know, that makes the rumored Imperial Star Destroyer UCS a likely candidate for the fall.

So I'm theorizing (or maybe just desperately hoping) that we'll get a $200-300 Yavin IV Rebel Base set next year.  The "shape" of the set is already predetermined; it would be a low pyramid, probably with lots of open walls for play.  Give us the war room, the briefing room, the ceremony hall, the hangar, and a midi X-Wing, Y-Wing, and U-Wing, much like the ships in Cloud City.

Minifigure wish list: Mon Mothma, General Dodonna, General Draven, Ceremony Luke, Ceremony Han, Ceremony Leia, Red Leader(!), Gold Leader, and Blue Leader with new helmets, two Rebel Fleet Troopers, two Rebel mechanics, and Bail Organa.

I wanted to add more figures, but we've got future X-Wings and hopefully someday a new Tantive IV for that.

9 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Would love to get Anios but the price range gotta be over 2000 grand for it I would think. I'm not paying that kind of coin  for lego.

I think the only way for them to do it is to make it really big, but that would be bigger than normal UCSs, and would prob use magnets XD