darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Anyone got any idea why we haven't seen a new Jango's Slave 1 and also why we have never seen the Naboo Royal Starship?  In my opinion the Royal Starship was the main ship from episode 1. 

Edited by Legoman123

My number 1 top wanted set is of course a UCS AT-AT. But of course it is rumoured the reason we don't have one is due to stability. So I propose Lego produce a plus-size version like that moc (can't remember the name of the guy who built it). Of course the set wouldn't be minifig scale, but the sandcrawler and Slave 1 aren't exact. I would happily take an AT-AT similar to that if it meant we get a UCS one.

On 10/30/2017 at 1:22 AM, Legoman123 said:

Anyone got any idea why we haven't seen a new Jango's Slave 1 and also why we have never seen the Naboo Royal Starship?  In my opinion the Royal Starship was the main ship from episode 1. 

Hoping that after the UCS Slave I is retired, we'll see a System scale version of Jango's paint scheme, but I'd guess it's at least a year away considering Jango and Young Boba both appear in the TRU Jedi Starfighter.

I think Amidala's Starship is a long shot... gray bricks aren't going to do it justice, it would need to be the size of a Star Destroyer set to be reasonably in scale with the Naboo Starfighter, and there isn't much in the way of action features/play value to it. Hasbro tried with its version, but all they managed was an elevator for the droids. And as long as there are new movies being released each year, any sets at that price point from the Prequel or Original Trilogy will be few and far between.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

My number 1 top wanted set is of course a UCS AT-AT. But of course it is rumoured the reason we don't have one is due to stability. So I propose Lego produce a plus-size version like that moc (can't remember the name of the guy who built it). Of course the set wouldn't be minifig scale, but the sandcrawler and Slave 1 aren't exact. I would happily take an AT-AT similar to that if it meant we get a UCS one.

if they packaged and marketed it right, it would probably sell almost as fast as the Millennium Falcon did! (well, maybe not quite)

But I think from what I've read it's never gonna happen.

On 9/13/2017 at 12:52 PM, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Yoda's Hut sounds interesting, I hope it's good! I love little iconic scenery sets. I haven't bought a Star Wars set since Poe's X-Wing, as all of the other vehicles did not appeal to me.

None of the myriad of fighters and tanks that have come out since that set have appealed to you? Yet the generic re-colored x-wing did?

Ah, now I understand why TLG's changed so much.

1 hour ago, Helghan said:

None of the myriad of fighters and tanks that have come out since that set have appealed to you? Yet the generic re-colored x-wing did?

I don't get the point of this. She just thought Poe's X-Wing was cooler than the other sets. 

Except for the A-wing and the Bounty hunters BP, I haven't bought a SW set since the UCS Slave I because the sets from the new movies don't appeal to me...

I'm pretty interested in the hut as well, I'm glad TLG is releasing more location-based sets.

On 02/11/2017 at 12:43 AM, jdubbs said:

Hoping that after the UCS Slave I is retired, we'll see a System scale version of Jango's paint scheme, but I'd guess it's at least a year away considering Jango and Young Boba both appear in the TRU Jedi Starfighter.

I think Amidala's Starship is a long shot... gray bricks aren't going to do it justice, it would need to be the size of a Star Destroyer set to be reasonably in scale with the Naboo Starfighter, and there isn't much in the way of action features/play value to it. Hasbro tried with its version, but all they managed was an elevator for the droids. And as long as there are new movies being released each year, any sets at that price point from the Prequel or Original Trilogy will be few and far between.

I would happy take a grey paint scheme to be honest.  I think it is by far the most overdue Lego set to date, every year I hold out hope to see this set but it still never comes.:sadnew:

On 2.11.2017 at 1:02 AM, Whovastron said:

Does plus-sized mocs are probably larger than minifig scale. They often build the heads to fit two minifigs besides each other, like in the movie, but then they forget, that minifigs are much broader then the standard person. I don't know the exact scale or what currently is the canon size of the AT-AT, but a bit less than half a meter in size would be close to minifig size.

What I like to see would be a series of nanofig scale models. Basically larger vehicles/small ships, as a highly detailed miniversion but unlike microfighters somehow in scale to each other.

11 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Does plus-sized mocs are probably larger than minifig scale. They often build the heads to fit two minifigs besides each other, like in the movie, but then they forget, that minifigs are much broader then the standard person. I don't know the exact scale or what currently is the canon size of the AT-AT, but a bit less than half a meter in size would be close to minifig size.

What I like to see would be a series of nanofig scale models. Basically larger vehicles/small ships, as a highly detailed miniversion but unlike microfighters somehow in scale to each other.

I think I read someone say that, when making minifigure-scale vehicles, the minifigs end up feeling like very "midget-y" versions compared to how tall the actual characters are.

I agree about the nanofig vehicles. I'd love TLG to releasing ships scaled like Mortesv's Tantive and Rebel transport. Although, even at that scale, Star Destroyers and the Home One would be huuuge.

I could see the Naboo Royal Starship adapted into Lego. Yes even in gray with a few small "metallic highlights" (stickers, new-quasi-chrome lightsaber hilts, etc.) I think it could do well. Queen Almidala is still a rare figure so a re-release would be warranted. I think to make up for the lack of "weapons" on the ship isn't a problem really. We could get an astromech bay with two or three astromechs (RS-D2 and that puple-yellow astromech would be my pic for that role). Cockpit with either Ric Ollie or Panaka, Almidala and maybe Padme in the handmaiden disguise, and of course Obi-Wan and Qui Gon.  IF they wanted "antagonists" a few B1-Battle droids could play that role easily. Give the ship a side build with a ground vehicle for fuel or something, make the hyperdrive swappable so there is one that is in pristine condition and another all beat up and damaged. Provide enough seats to make a "throne room." in the prow of the ship. In a way, the build needs to be similar to the recent Star Destroyer's and Millennium Falcon system scale sets; with a large focus on the interior play features. And if Lego wants to just ignore canon, I am sure they can fit stud shooters in it somehow :wink: 

The Naboo Royal Starship doesn't fit into the Star Wars universe at all - in my opinion, those 3 middle films are best forgotten altogether!

*A lifesized UCS statue of Jar Jar Binks on a base with 100 Gungans fleeing for their lives

*Naboo is under attack! Help defend the swamps with the new Gungan battle pack! Includes 3 Gungan warriors and a Kaadu!

MTT. Help save the prequels by rolling into battle and crushing Jar Jar! Includes: 1 Jar Jar minifig, 2 pilot b1 battledroids, and 16 b1 battle droids

Tantive IV. Includes Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, 2 rebel troopers, R2-D2, C3-PO, Darth Vader, 2 stormtroopers, and an Obi-Wan hologram! 

4 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I think I read someone say that, when making minifigure-scale vehicles, the minifigs end up feeling like very "midget-y" versions compared to how tall the actual characters are.

I agree about the nanofig vehicles. I'd love TLG to releasing ships scaled like Mortesv's Tantive and Rebel transport. Although, even at that scale, Star Destroyers and the Home One would be huuuge.

I noticed this with the AT-TE. If you look at pictures of it the gunner is a small guy sitting inside the turret. On the other side for the lego model, the gunner is standig out so much while the set is proportional to minifigs.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:43 AM, jdubbs said:

I don't have a problem with Amidala's Starship being done in gray bricks. It was never an issue with the Naboo Fighters we've gotten in the past and I'd prefer that over not getting the starship at all.

I both really want to see and I think LEGO will release these sets:

1. Imperial Landing Craft (Sentinel-class) - It's been shown many times in SW Rebels and right now, at least IMO with rebels getting the U-Wing, the Empire lacks any way to deploy their troops! ~ $120

Minifigs: Kanan Jarrus and Rex in stormtrooper armor, repainted Chopper, Agent Kallus, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper

2. TIE Defender (or Elite Variant) - another SW Rebels set ~ $70

Minifigs: S4 Ezra Bridger, Zeb Orelios, TIE Fighter Pilot, Governer Pryce

3. Battle of Endor set: Imperial Shuttle, 2 Speeder Bikes, Small bunker build (Scariff-like). Minifigs: Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Shuttle Pilot, Stormtrooper, Rebel Soldier ~ $180

Edited by TheArturro
Posted before finished writing

I would like another clone battle pack. My army of 193 clones is getting slowed due to the lack of LEGO’s releases from the clone wars era. Maybe we could see something from battlefront 2?

11 hours ago, wesker said:

I don't have a problem with Amidala's Starship being done in gray bricks. It was never an issue with the Naboo Fighters we've gotten in the past and I'd prefer that over not getting the starship at all.

I think gray bricks work reasonably well for the Naboo Starfighter because it's an accent color, and the yellow really steals the show, whereas in Amidala's Starship they'd be used almost exclusively.

I hope I'm wrong about us ever seeing it in LEGO form... I'd be the first to buy one, and I'd certainly prefer it over a lot of the "Original Content" sets that LEGO keeps pushing at us. But I still think it's a long shot given how many designs are vying for the few $100+ slots each year. As long as there are new movies being released on an annual basis and something airing on TV, the big sets will continue to go to them, and we'll be lucky to get one prequel/original trilogy set at that price point each year.... which will usually go to something action-oriented.

I'm craving location-based sets. Lars Homestead, Cloud City, Endor Bunker, an Echo Base that's not grossly overpriced. I'm happy TLG is releasing a new Yoda's Hut. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

On 11/8/2017 at 5:41 AM, wesker said:

I don’t think it would that long of a shot to get silver/chrome bricks of this ship. Some people may not be into it, but I know I would be.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:45 PM, Terrasher said:

I'm craving location-based sets. Lars Homestead, Cloud City, Endor Bunker, an Echo Base that's not grossly overpriced. I'm happy TLG is releasing a new Yoda's Hut. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

More location based sets would be great if they did them right. Less like a “stage” with a fake back to it and more 360 degree builds like the old battle of Endor, Jabbas palace, cantina, etc.

Finally, I’d love to see a redo of the Ucs style r2-d2 that is smaller that the last one, and scales appropriately with the new bb8. Added detail with more features like the new bb8... they would go beautifully together. Even a redo of the really old technic style c3po (but not necessarily all technic) to fit the group... imagine Ucs versions of those three all sitting on your shelf - to scale.

There's something I'd like to see, but I seriously doubt I'll ever see it.

Star Wars People Packs. Like the 'Fun in the Park' and 'Fun at the Beach' City sets they did. Except Star Wars.

And I'm not talking about doing packs with characters like Luke, Obi-Wan or Rey. I mean generic people that would exist in the Star Wars universe. And not just humans, but aliens too.

On 11/11/2017 at 3:45 PM, Terrasher said:

I'll throw this idea out there;

Tosche Station.

It'd include a build representing Tosche Station obviously, as well as Fixer's Land Speeder. Minifigures would be Luke Skywalker with his poncho and floppy hat, Fixer and his girlfriend Camie and Biggs Darklighter in his jacket and cape.

1 hour ago, Yorel said:

There's something I'd like to see, but I seriously doubt I'll ever see it.

Star Wars People Packs. Like the 'Fun in the Park' and 'Fun at the Beach' City sets they did. Except Star Wars.

And I'm not talking about doing packs with characters like Luke, Obi-Wan or Rey. I mean generic people that would exist in the Star Wars universe. And not just humans, but aliens too.

I’m pretty sure I read (on Ideas somewhere?) the license actually prevents them from making people packs because it covers building toys and not figures.

21 minutes ago, gudetamago said:

I’m pretty sure I read (on Ideas somewhere?) the license actually prevents them from making people packs because it covers building toys and not figures.

The license, or more particularly Hasbro's license for Star Wars Action Figures, prevents Lego releasing sets that are purely minifigs or from releasing Star Wars CMFs (Outside of promotions). That's how battlepacks actually came about, they can be made/released/sold because they come with a build, so that's the way around it.

That's kinda what I'm talking about. The City People Packs all come with little builds. Sure for a Star Wars version you might have to sure it up a bit. Maby instead of a couple of little things that are 3-10 bricks each, it could be something slightly larger, like a speeder or a speeder bike or both or something. Basically a battlepack, but 2-3 times the size, in terms of volume/figures.

That said, it is just a kinda fantastical wish that will probably never come true. But I can dream...

On 13/11/2017 at 10:59 AM, Yorel said:

The license, or more particularly Hasbro's license for Star Wars Action Figures, prevents Lego releasing sets that are purely minifigs or from releasing Star Wars CMFs (Outside of promotions). That's how battlepacks actually came about, they can be made/released/sold because they come with a build, so that's the way around it.

That's kinda what I'm talking about. The City People Packs all come with little builds. Sure for a Star Wars version you might have to sure it up a bit. Maby instead of a couple of little things that are 3-10 bricks each, it could be something slightly larger, like a speeder or a speeder bike or both or something. Basically a battlepack, but 2-3 times the size, in terms of volume/figures.

That said, it is just a kinda fantastical wish that will probably never come true. But I can dream...

Thanks for clarifying! It would be everyone’s dream, I think ! ?

So far one of the very best battlepacks has been the bounty hunters one, imo. If there could be more BPs with specific characters like, maybe a Cantina battlepack with Ponda Baba, Dr Evazan, the Imperial Spy and the bartender, it'd be amazing. A rebel pilots & 1 mechanic BP would be neat too.

9 hours ago, Terrasher said:

If there could be more BPs with specific characters like, maybe a Cantina battlepack with Ponda Baba, Dr Evazan, the Imperial Spy and the bartender, it'd be amazing.

That would be cool, but I think Wuher (The cantina bartender) would be best left to a future cantina re-release. Maby replace him with one of the other patrons (that we'd be less likely to get in a cantina re-release) like the wolf alien, or the black flight suit pilot that Ben was talking too.

9 hours ago, Terrasher said:

A rebel pilots & 1 mechanic BP would be neat too.

Would be awesome if they could release something like this at the same time they release the next Classic X-Wing set (which is inevitable). Maby instead of it being a mechanic and 3 random/generic pilots, it could be a mechanic, one random/generic pilot, Garven Dreis/Red Leader and his astromech R5-K6. That way you could swap out the Luke and R2, who would most likely come with the X-Wing, for Dreis and his R5, if you want.