darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

How high are the chances for another wave of Rogue One Sets? Probably pretty low, but I would love to see more from that movie, especially minifigures.

A Jedha-themed Set would be great (either Jedha City and/or Saws Hideout) with Saw, that badass alien which was his right-hand man or some of the Jedha citizens like the red-robed people.

We also havent gotten Galen Erso yet, would be nice to get him in a set which either diplays his standoff with Krennic at the beginning on his farm with simple clothes or his standoff with him on Eadu when he wears the great science-officer uniform!

And of course a blue squadron X-Wing with General Merrick and some other pilot of the squadron that had screentime (maybe the black guy), but I guess chances for that are even smaller.

It's highly unlikely any non-current movie would get a full wave unto itself. But given that LEGO is still putting out Clone Wars sets years after it went off the air, I think it's safe to assume we will get another Rogue One set or two mixed in with upcoming 2018 and 2019 waves. My hope is that a cargo shuttle will come next fall, since there won't be a December 2018 movie, and since both Kylo's and Krennick's shuttles should be long-retired by then. And then maybe the following year we might get an AT-ACT, once the ridiculous Gorilla Walker is off shelves.

Just now, BigEl said:

How high are the chances for another wave of Rogue One Sets? Probably pretty low, but I would love to see more from that movie, especially minifigures.

^Probably not a wave, but I think a set or two is pretty possible.

AT-OT: Aayla Secura, Commander Bly, x2 327th troopers,  and a brick-built Felucia plant

Tie Bomber - Tie pilot, Kendal Ozzel, Han Solo (Bespin Fatigues),  and Zuckuss

1 minute ago, Knight of Ren said:

^Probably not a wave, but I think a set or two is pretty possible.

AT-OT: Aayla Secura, Commander Bly, x2 327th troopers,  and a brick-built Felucia plant

I would go for more clones instead of the plant. The last AT-OT had 6 clones I think and since back then, the ammount of minifigures per set has increased.

16 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

I would go for more clones instead of the plant. The last AT-OT had 6 clones I think and since back then, the ammount of minifigures per set has increased.

I think two is a realistic number and the plant would be a nice addition. Also the only other  AT-OT was part of a $250 set, which most playsets around that price generally have more minifigures.

Attack on Kashyyyk: Includes a wookie flyer, dwarf spider droid, stap speeder, wookie barricade, Luminara Unduli, 2 wookie warriors, 2 battle droids, and 2 super battle droids 

I would like to see an Artiquens Light Cruiser someday. It's medium sized cruiser aspect would be a better fit for a $120+ set than trying to compress the massive Star Destroyers (such as The Finalizer set that just came out). I think it would do good as a "Rebels Legacy" one off set that could come out in 3+ years much like how we are getting one off Clone Wars sets right now. Just a way to keep the characters from Rebels in a regular but small release schedule.

Speaking of the TV shows, I'd love to see an updated Clone Wars era Rex and Asohka in a one off set in the future. Both of those characters deserve to be redone without the Clone Wars eyes! I know we have Rebels versions of both, but their Clone Wars Era figures are more iconic in my opinion.

Tie Bomber - imperial officer lieutenant rank, TIE pilot, imperial astromech, stormtrooper

Tie Phantom

Tie Interceptor - Tie Pilot, Emperor's Advisor, Moff Jerjerrod

Tie Shuttle

TIE Reaper - Tie Pilot or Shuttle Pilot, 2 Death troopers, 2 Rebellion Commandos

Imperial Cargo Shuttle - Bodhi, Cassian in Imperial Guise, Jyn Erso in regular garb, Corporal Tonc, K-2S0, Sergeant Melshi.

Blue Squadron X-Wing - Blue Leader Anton Merrick, Jaldine Gerams, Merrick's Black/Red astromech, R2-BHD, General Draven

Yavin 4 Base One - General Jan Dodonna, Rebel Technician, Jon Brannon, Pops Kravish, Rebel Navy Troopers, Biggs Darklighter etc

D'Qar Resistance Base - hanger entrance and red T-70 x-wing. General Organa, Admiral Statura, PZ-4C0, R2-KT, R0 astromech, Jess Pavan, Yolo Ziff, Lieutenant Bastian, Captain Dameron (in resistance formal wear), Major Kalonia, resistance troops.

56 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Tie Bomber - imperial officer lieutenant rank, TIE pilot, imperial astromech, stormtrooper

Imperial Cargo Shuttle - Bodhi, Cassian in Imperial Guise, Jyn Erso in regular garb, Corporal Tonc, K-2S0, Sergeant Melshi.

Yavin 4 Base One - General Jan Dodonna, Rebel Technician, Jon Brannon, Pops Kravish, Rebel Navy Troopers, Biggs Darklighter etc

D'Qar Resistance Base - hanger entrance and red T-70 x-wing. General Organa, Admiral Statura, PZ-4C0, R2-KT, R0 astromech, Jess Pavan, Yolo Ziff, Lieutenant Bastian, Captain Dameron (in resistance formal wear), Major Kalonia, resistance troops.

Love each of these suggestions, especially the imperial cargo shuttle. I could totally see Lego doing this set with those exact characters.

I do agree that we need a Galen Erso, but he doesn't really fit well in any scenes.

5 hours ago, BigEl said:

A Jedha-themed Set would be great (either Jedha City and/or Saws Hideout) with Saw, that badass alien which was his right-hand man or some of the Jedha citizens like the red-robed people.

Yes please! This could be a really cool set. Rocky "hideaway" exterior that looks like the side of a cliff or pile of rocks. It could have prison cells, interogation room, saw's main chamber, etc. Jyn, Saw, Bohdi, Cassian, and two of Saw's men...

It would probably have to be a $150+ set to do well though.

15 hours ago, Knight of Ren said:

I think two is a realistic number and the plant would be a nice addition. Also the only other  AT-OT was part of a $250 set, which most playsets around that price generally have more minifigures.

Attack on Kashyyyk: Includes a wookie flyer, dwarf spider droid, stap speeder, wookie barricade, Luminara Unduli, 2 wookie warriors, 2 battle droids, and 2 super battle droids 

I still think, that there should be more than three clones would be good, since it is an open transport, meaning that every empty seat is visible. And I think pricewise it would be in the 120€+ range anyways.

I kind of hope that we see an Imperial cargo shuttle in the new Han Solo Spin off (maybe Han had a stolen one before the Falcon)  If so it could be the big set from the Solo movie

Yoda's Hut sounds interesting, I hope it's good! I love little iconic scenery sets. I haven't bought a Star Wars set since Poe's X-Wing, as all of the other vehicles did not appeal to me.

23 hours ago, Knight of Ren said:

Tie Bomber - Tie pilot, Kendal Ozzel, Han Solo (Bespin Fatigues),  and Zuckuss

I would buy that set in a heartbeat. 

I haven't really thought about this until now (and I don't recall having seen it discussed somewhere), but what are they going to do about the boxarts next year? Ever since the Disney takeover, the boxart was changed with each new movie, but now the Han Solo film gets released a mere five months after TLJ. The Han Solo movie sets sure are gonna feature new boxart, but what about the waves after that? Will we get four waves with HSM boxart (initial wave of HSM, summer 2018, winter 2019, summer 2019) or will they revert to TLJ boxart for next year's summer sets and then change it back to HSM in winter 2019? :laugh:

TIEs seem to be high on everyone's lists - mine too

I would also welcome a UCS Imperial Shuttle again

A UCS AT-AT but Lego seem too scared to build one in case it "falls over" (gay)

I'd love another UCS X-Wing but only because I missed out on the last one which looked really great - but please not a Poe - nobody wants an ugly black and orange X-Wing lol (or one of those ghastly blue ones, urgh)

BUT.... after the re-release of this most awesome MF, we are very likely to see the ISD again (especially if silhouettes are anything to go by)

I'm happy with a good 'ol regular ISD as I couldn't afford the last UCS one back in the day..... but if I could chose any, it would have to be:

A Resurgent-Class Battlecruiser or a Victory-Class Star Destroyer

THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL :)

Edited by Malthus101

4 hours ago, Malthus101 said:

nobody wants an ugly black and orange X-Wing

Well, it's just your point of view.

2 hours ago, Ablyss said:

Well, it's just your point of view.

That's right and I made it once and I'm going to make it again - the black and orange X-Wings are DISGUSTING.

Merci.

Duel on Bespin: Set includes Luke Skywalker (Bespin attire), Darth Vader, Ughnaught and Stormtrooper. Set comes with the room where Vader and Luke duel with circular window and walkway on the outside. Set functions include collapsing window, catapults to launch objects in the air, and function to make Luke fall from the weather vane. Set can also connect to Carbon Freezing Chamber from 2016. £54.99

Citadel Tower Seige: set includes Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor in officer disguise, K-2SO (battle damaged), RA-7 protocol Droid, Imperial Technician and Stormtrooper. Set comes with the Citadel Tower on Scarif and a small palm tree side build. Comes with a full interior, with control room, data vault with closing door, adjustable antenna dish and walkway. Set features include a working lift, exploding walkway and exploding control room. £99.99

Duel on Starkiller Base: Set includes Kylo Ren, Rey and Finn (all battle damaged variants). Set includes the forest in which Rey and Ben duel, with collapsing trees and separating ground. £44.99

10 hours ago, Malthus101 said:

A UCS AT-AT but Lego seem too scared to build one in case it "falls over" (gay)

What's the age range for this site again ?

22 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

He says on a Lego site lol

Funny how good, well respected members can get banned for the smallest thing but people like you stay :hmpf_bad:

9 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

But would love to see one of the black & white striped Partisan X-Wings

Agreed, the colour scheme is beautiful, and I'm sure Lego can make it impressive with bricks as they did for the two Resistance T-70 X-wing. Anyway, we need a new T-65 X-wing, and it would be better if it's a new update of Luke's ship. The Partisan's is a possibility fot this next one, with general Merrick's. The Partisan X-wing is also a way to give us Saw Gerrera and more as minifig.

7 hours ago, Malthus101 said:

That's right and I made it once and I'm going to make it again - the black and orange X-Wings are DISGUSTING.

Merci.

Give this guy a cookie.

On 9/16/2017 at 9:03 AM, Sir Brickalot said:

Citadel Tower Seige: set includes Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor in officer disguise, K-2SO (battle damaged), RA-7 protocol Droid, Imperial Technician and Stormtrooper. Set comes with the Citadel Tower on Scarif and a small palm tree side build. Comes with a full interior, with control room, data vault with closing door, adjustable antenna dish and walkway. Set features include a working lift, exploding walkway and exploding control room. £99.99

Yes!!! It could be an add-on to the back of the bunker set from earlier this year...

I'd pay $150 for a set like this. I imagine something slightly smaller than the Tower of Orthanc.

Edited by thorin