darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Great thoughts there! I'd love to see those. I'm assembling the R1 crew and I'm just missing Bodhi and K2SO. I don't want to purchase Krennic's shuttle really so I'll have to wait for them to come out in a cheaper set or Bricklink/eBay them. They're expensive mind you! 

Am I the only one really craving for a simple OT TIE Fighter, Interceptor and Bomber? 

No matter how bad the Han Solo flick is gonna end up they could include one of those in their new wave,at least it's near the OT era. 

16 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Am I the only one really craving for a simple OT TIE Fighter, Interceptor and Bomber? 

No matter how bad the Han Solo flick is gonna end up they could include one of those in their new wave,at least it's near the OT era. 

Yeah I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I think because Disney have hit the reset button on the galaxy, as it were, TLG are taking the chance to release these OT ships in their ST trilogy forms and using those releases as the OT releases, if you get what I mean. Wouldn't mind betting those who missed the 2014 walker will purchase the TLJ version for example. I could be 100% wrong though lol.

In the Rebel Alliance Battle Pack, we received two alien figures (one being a molded Rodian).

Does the community believe that TLG will introduce any additional aliens in Star Wars sets in the near future (especially in BPs)?

22 hours ago, Sportzjester said:

In the Rebel Alliance Battle Pack, we received two alien figures (one being a molded Rodian).

Does the community believe that TLG will introduce any additional aliens in Star Wars sets in the near future (especially in BPs)?

Depends on what TLJ or the Han Solo film throw up really. If any major characters with a reasonably simple bodyshape and head style pop up and aren't one offs then TLG can get some use out of the moulds and use them in other sets, including BPs.

Jango's Slave 1 needs to be done, I think that is desperately needed.  Not to mention a Naboo Royal Starship which we have never seen despite it been such a huge part of TPM, it really does have so much potential!

On another note do you guys think we'll see an updated Ghost?  I think we need one really, one that's a little bigger with a decent sized interior.

On 8/27/2017 at 4:45 PM, Sportzjester said:

I'd like to see another Ithorian minfig, they're one of my favorite alien species in the SW universe. 

Maybe down the line we could get a "Mos Eisley Cantina Battepack" with Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan, an Ithorian, and some other cantina patron. 

With all the TLJ news/reveals coming through from Force Friday II, I haven't seen much attention to Poe's 'addition' to his X-wing. It should be pretty easy to modify the existing set or MOC, but I would not be surprised if we see another official release in the future. 

xwing_fighter_poes_boosted_01.jpg

I've heard a rumor that the X-Wings will be getting a larger modification to them in IX, so I think they'll be waiting on that for another X-Wing release.

Now that we know there are only 3 elite praetorian guards helmet molds (even if there are more of them in the movie), do you think we'll get all three in a battlepack or will they be spaced out in different releases?

On 2.9.2017 at 0:14 AM, Renegade Clone said:

With all the TLJ news/reveals coming through from Force Friday II, I haven't seen much attention to Poe's 'addition' to his X-wing. It should be pretty easy to modify the existing set or MOC, but I would not be surprised if we see another official release in the future. 

xwing_fighter_poes_boosted_01.jpg

Nooooo! Not another X-Wing.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:34 AM, Legoman123 said:

Oh and we need to see a new Mos Eisley as I personally think the last one was a huge letdown.  

I'm hoping the next time we see the Mos Eisley Cantina it will be as a UCS playset around the same price range as Assault on Hoth and the Ewok Village. A similar number of minifigures would be great too, especially if they include Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, Garindan, Wuher and Momaw Nadon.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:15 AM, saysonder said:

In the past few years, Lego has released several cheap sets, none costing more than $30 that have included Luke, Obi Wan, C3PO, R2, Yoda, Vader, two Hans, two Bobas, the Emperor, Chewie, Dengar, Bossk, IG88 and 4LOM. 

I'd love to get a cheaper set that includes Leia. The most realistic one I can imagine happening is an Endor themed set with her, Wicket, another Ewok, a Scouttrooper and maybe 3PO. I missed the Ewok Village set so this would be desirable for me at least. 

I cant picture a good set with any action features for the Death Star escape or a cheap Bespin playset including her, and I doubt we'll ever get another Slave Leia set, or a Hoth themed set so soon after that recent mess, so Endor is all that really works for her. 

I've said it before but the Cloud Car would be a great set to include Leia. They could include either the Bespin Gown or the Bespin Escape costume - and whichever one they don't go with can still be released later with a new Cloud City set. Its the perfect solution to releasing both costumes.

I also hope we see the new Hoth Leia eventually released in a cheaper set down the line. We've seen it happen before with other UCS minifigures like the Jawas, Bespin Guard, Ewok Warrior and R2-Q5 - but we usually have to wait a year or two for it to happen. She could come with the standard face print so the respirator one is still exclusive to the UCS Falcon.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:30 AM, RetroInferno said:

You're not the only one. Ever since they updated the cockpit canopy with the First Order TIE I've been wanting to see the other TIE Fighters updated in the new style. Its also been too long since we last saw the Bomber and Interceptor.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:00 AM, Legoman123 said:

Jango's Slave 1 needs to be done, I think that is desperately needed.  Not to mention a Naboo Royal Starship which we have never seen despite it been such a huge part of TPM, it really does have so much potential!

On another note do you guys think we'll see an updated Ghost?  I think we need one really, one that's a little bigger with a decent sized interior.

The Royal Starship is definitely at the top of my list. It doesn't even need to be chrome. I'd be happy if it came in light grey as long as the set finally gets made. I would like to see it come with both Queen Amidala/Sabe in the black feather headdress gown and Padme in the orange handmaiden costume.

I agree Jango's Slave I also needs a re-release. The biggest change I'd like to see in the next version are the wings done in a more accurate style like the UCS version. I've never liked how low they hanged in flight mode on the previous system models. They should also take the opportunity to include both Taun We and Lama Su. Kaminoans are long overdue and given the lack of material for Kamino themed sets its probably better to include both characters together rather than just one or the other.

I have a great idea for  a UCS.

D'Qar Resistance Base

$350-$400

Includes 23 Minifigures: General Leia (formal), Poe Dameron (Flight Suit), Admiral Statura, Snap Wexley, Kaydel Co Connix, Jess Pava, Ello Asty, Yolo Ziff, C 3po, R2 D2, Bb8, Nien Nunb, Admiral Ackbar, Resistance troop, Caluan Ematt, Ckma Finn, Han, Wounded Chewbacca, Major Kalonia, Resistance Rey, Lieutenant Bastian, and Major Brance.

Main build is 2 Hobbit hole style hill buildings, one being the command center with computer bays, hologram desk and trans blue starkiller base "hologram" sphere. The second one is a medical center, with beds and a coma pod for Finn.

There will also be a landing pad, Satellite dish, troop transport speeder and maintenance speeder.

The minifigure selection for that would be great, but I doubt a set that expensive for D'Qar would sell well. I don't think that D'Qar is iconic enough for people to spend $400 on it. I could see Lego do a smaller $50-$100 set for D'Qar though. 

20 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

The minifigure selection for that would be great, but I doubt a set that expensive for D'Qar would sell well. I don't think that D'Qar is iconic enough for people to spend $400 on it. I could see Lego do a smaller $50-$100 set for D'Qar though. 

Actually I agree, I think the price is too high 

If there are any Rogue One sets in the future I think we'd see the Cargo Shuttle before the AT-ACT. Cargo Shuttle would probably come with Bodhi, Jyn, Cassian and Kaytoo, then depending on whether the box depicts it on Scariff or Eadu we could either get some resistance troopers or Krennic, Galen and maybe a Death Trooper respectively. The AT-ACT would almost certainly come with the pilot (maybe 2, but probably not), Chirrut, Baze and then either some shoretroopers, storm troopers or death troopers. I doubt we'll see more Rogue One sets any time soon though, I'm afraid it'll end up forgotten in the craze of the new trilogy and other spin-offs. 

After looking at the second trailer rebel's last season, we definitely need a tie bomber now considering this is the 2nd year in a row it has popped up. There's x wings in the series now so who knows? Maybe we might get an OT x wing from rebels although I doubt it. It'd at least be a somewhat reasonable excuse to do an x wing again and we could get some new pilots to boot. The tie defender is back so that's definitely up there for them to do as well. There's a new AT DP looking walker with a disintegration beam on it that could be a set as well. That's about all I saw from the trailer that could warrant a set. However, with TLJ and the Han Solo movie coming out in the Spring, I think Lego has completely abandoned ship as far as rebels is concerned. Kind of a shame really, as they could have made some great sets from the later seasons. We're getting too many movies and series anymore for all vehicles to be covered. I hope we'll get callbacks like you suggest because we need some of these ships as sets. 

I'm still holding out for cloud city. I know many people believe it's not likely that a modern rendition of the playset could make a comeback, especially with he carbon freezing chamber being it's own kit, but I'm going to hold out hope. They had the final duel kit out the same time the death star playset was out, and they had the hoth attack set out at the same time as the assault on hoth playset. They could include a twin pod cloud car and add a couple of rooms like the one where 3PO gets busted and the entryway rotunda where luke runs into boba, in addition to what the original set had--just updated and more detailed--for around $300? They could include R2, Luke, Vader, 2 stormtroopers, 2 cloud city guards, Lobot, Wilrow hood, 2 ugnaughts, Han, Chewie, Leia, Lando, Cloud car pilot, some cloud city citizens too?

Here's a list of some sets I want to be made:

- Bounty Hunter Pursuit (Ep. II). Updated version of 7133, it's about time we get this.

- Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Count Dooku (Ep. III). In the style of Carbon Freezing Chamber/Duel on Naboo, and it would be a cheap way to get Obi-Wan and Dooku, as well as a new Ep. III Anakin using Lloyd's hair from TLNM. 

- Mos Eisley Cantina battlepack (Ep. IV). With the new Bounty Hunter BP including obscure characters, I think sets like this are more likely. It would include Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, and 2 random Cantina patrons (possibly a new Ithorian?).

- "I am your father" scene (Ep. V). Who doesn't want this? It's one of the most iconic scenes in cinematic history, and we can finally get that new Bespin Luke minifig we've all been wanting.

- Jabba's Sail Barge (Ep. VI). It's about time this set gets an update, and it would go perfectly with the new Desert Skiff set. It would include Jabba, Salicious Crumb, Slave Leia, Luke, Lando in his disguise, and a couple Gamorrean guards.

I'd like to see the D'Qar Resistance Base released as a set but probably not as an expensive UCS. Something more along the price range of the 2011 Echo Base that was exclusive to Toys R Us would be better. I do like the idea of designing it like the Unexpected Gathering Hobbit set with the hill style building. The minifigure selection could probably be reduced a bit as well. We've already gotten figures of TFA C-3PO, Admiral Ackbar, Major Brance and Snap Wexley so I don't think we need any repeats of them. In Ackbar's case I rather his next minifigure appearance be based off his Last Jedi costume instead of a re-release of the ROTJ/TFA versions.

Resistance Rey, Leia in the blue gown and Poe in the Resistance Officer uniform should be enough for the main heroes, while Nien Nunb, Stratura, Connix, Ematt, Kalonia, PZ-4CO and either Pava or Asty could round off the rest.

I am surprised that they still haven't produced a buildable C-3P0 figure (even the newest leaks dont show one) yet we keep getting ugly-headed human buildable figures...

Maybe there is some license conflict where someone else has a license that prevents TLG from producing one. That or Disney doesn't want one unless TLG makes it in metallic/chrome colors but TLG doesn't want to spend the investment on that many parts in those colors.

I really want a new venator; the previous one in 2009 had some serious design flaws and a sad interior so a new improved version with a better looking palpatine would be great.

I just realized that one of the things at the top of my wishlist would be an updated TIE collection. Preferably with 2 standard TIES and a TIE Advanced again, along with an interceptor and bomber... maybe even defender or reaper...

On 8.9.2017 at 4:03 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

I just realized that one of the things at the top of my wishlist would be an updated TIE collection. Preferably with 2 standard TIES and a TIE Advanced again, along with an interceptor and bomber... maybe even defender or reaper...

With the high detail builds we get today this would be to expensive(Does somebody know if the last TIEs were in scale?) 

1 hour ago, mon-o-mat said:

With the high detail builds we get today this would be to expensive(Does somebody know if the last TIEs were in scale?) 

As expensive as it would be, it would be cool. All the TIEs in the old TIE collection were minifigure scale

14 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

As expensive as it would be, it would be cool. All the TIEs in the old TIE collection were minifigure scale

I actually meant the most recent TIEs you could buy, since they looked quite larger than they would be for minifigs.