darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

One thing that has really surprised me is that TLG haven't yet made a constraction version of the one character that would be pretty much perfect for the line, C-3PO.

C-3PO would be much better as a buildable figure than some of the crap they have done in the line (Luke Skywalker for example) and he is in both TFA and Rogue One (and all sorts of non-film media) so its not like those new to the franchise aren't going to know who 3PO is...

2 minutes ago, jonwil said:

One thing that has really surprised me is that TLG haven't yet made a constraction version of the one character that would be pretty much perfect for the line, C-3PO.

C-3PO would be much better as a buildable figure than some of the crap they have done in the line (Luke Skywalker for example) and he is in both TFA and Rogue One (and all sorts of non-film media) so its not like those new to the franchise aren't going to know who 3PO is...

I've heard that C3PO is in TLJ wave of buildable figures.

On 5/23/2017 at 6:54 PM, eliminator said:

That's my thought as well. With more and more new SW content on the horizon there will be less shelf space for the OT and even CW sets. For some of the 2017 OT sets like the A-Wing, Landspeeder, and Desert Skiff they are limited retail exclusives.

Hopefully we will still get a healthy dose of medium to large OT sets in the future, even if they are remakes. (Cloud City, Yoda's Hut, Tantive IV, etc).

Side note: I'm close to pulling the trigger on a MISB 8038 Battle of Endor set to go with my Ewok Village, Ewok Attack, and Endor Battle Packs. I'm just fearful of a 8038 re-release as the bunker scenes are quite memorable and prime for a rehash.

That battle of endor set has held up incredibly well over the years.  It matches the ewok village perfectly.  I like the size of that at-st much better with the ewok village than the new at-st.  The new one dwarfs the village and looks out of place.  I have it on a book shelf with the village and a few battle packs with updated hero figures.  Looks great.

Does anybody remember those medical frigates in the Clone Wars, like the ones in the Malevolence episodes that are destroyed by Grievous? Wouldn't you love to see one of those made in Lego form? It would be perfect for anybody's Clone Wars collection, as a small and more affordable starship as compared to the Venator Class Cruiser. Actually, they have already made this, but as the Rebel Frigate, which was based off of a re-purposed Pelta-Class Frigate, or Medical Frigate. All Lego would have to do is recolor this set and put in new minifigures, and we would have an amazing set. My ideas for the minifigures would be Kit Fisto, since we haven't had a new version of him in a while, a Phase Two Clone Pilot or 2, Generic Phase Two Troopers, a Clone Naval Officer, and a Rocket Battle Droid.

Unfortunately, they're probably making one clone wars set per year at this rate.  The first clone wars set that has been made in a long time is Yoda's starfighter.

I think the likelihood of LEGO releasing another version of the Rebel Combat Frigate is very, very low. The Rebels-themed sets did not sell well by most accounts, and that ship will be tainted by association, at least for a while... maybe once Disney stops making new Star Wars movies and there are more slots available for larger sets... but even then there are a lot of capital ships that are likely ahead of this one in line.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, duboismerci said:

I think they would sell more Assault on Hoth if they had a decent snowtrooper BP on the market.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, Nuns In Crocs said:

Very true, i would love a larger snowtrooper army 

Yes yes and yes I would love more Hoth snow troopers

Your best bet would be to recolor the Pelta-class Rebel Combat Frigate. Given that they just made that set. The likelihood of another Pelta anytime soon is very slim, as there are other ships that need to be done or re-released. After the upcoming Resurgent-class destroyer, the Hammerheads or CR-90 Corvettes would seem to be the most likely new star ships, though I'm still hoping for an Arquitens and Imperial-I or II class as well.

Believe me, being a huge lover of the clone wars series and the era as a whole, I've always wanted a Lego rendition. When the rumours of the rebels version surfaced I was so excited, but it is terrible in my opinion and does no justice to the pelta-class. Like others have said the likelihood of an official LEGO version are almost zero; your best bet is to either design your own or make someone else's design (thenerdyone).

18 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think the likelihood of LEGO releasing another version of the Rebel Combat Frigate is very, very low. The Rebels-themed sets did not sell well by most accounts, and that ship will be tainted by association, at least for a while... maybe once Disney stops making new Star Wars movies and there are more slots available for larger sets... but even then there are a lot of capital ships that are likely ahead of this one in line.

Indeed. The Rebel Combat Frigate is not selling well....even at 40% off. If it wasn't for the Ahsoka minifig, even less would be sold.

21 hours ago, F1v3s said:

Don't forget the hovertank from a few weeks ago.

That's just a prequel era based set.  The yoda starfigher is directly from the last episodes of the clone wars tv show.

The frigate set was horrible. Like the Gonzati class (Assault carrier) it was a bad choice for a set. But the Gonzati was at least a quite good build. I have no idea how the frigate could be produced the way it was.
I still lov the set(s) but only with my heavy modifications. I've increased the middle room's space and built in a cargo room as well as a machine room at the back.

I'll try posting pictures (which isn't easy with such a large set and a very bad phone). I think I can say that I have done pretty much the best you could do with that size.

I am already considering buying and recoloring the set (I am currently searching my collection for the right pieces). This was just a small set idea I wanted to share, and I agree that it is low on Lego's priority list and probably won't happen. I do have high hopes for more Clone Wars sets, or at least battle packs, as the new Star Wars Battlefront game being released contains Clone Wars aspects to it.

16 hours ago, eliminator said:

Indeed. The Rebel Combat Frigate is not selling well....even at 40% off. If it wasn't for the Ahsoka minifig, even less would be sold.

Where did you find it for 40% off?  Just wondering since I'm considering buying it.

Edited by F1v3s

@F1v3s - I've just merged your thread with this one to keep the forum tidy :classic:

36 minutes ago, F1v3s said:

Where did you find it for 40% off?  Just wondering since I'm considering buying it.

Toys R US Canada, in store and online.

Looking at all the footage of the new Battlefront 2 game, it seems like there are a lot of opportunities for Lego to release some prequel battle packs, which would definitely mean actual battle droids. And plain white clones.

I'd love to see a BP with 2 clones trooper, 1 heavy trooper and 1 jumptrooper

Here's a couple guesses of what I could definitely see coming out next year (apart from Last Jedi), based on Lego's release trends from the past:

- Inferno Squadron BP

- Clone Trooper BP

- Ewok Attack

- V-Wing

- ARC-170

- TIE Variant (Fighter, Bomber, or Interceptor)

- Rebel Alliance X-Wing

- B-Wing

- Vulture Droid

On ‎30‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 1:40 PM, jonwil said:

Yeah, Especially since C-3PO is the most consistent character throughout the saga. C-3PO appeared in all 7 movies so far and will also make it for The Last Jedi 

How about a CCBS C-3P0 with a Technic R2-D2 as a two pack? Sort of a flagship set like the Speeder Bike has been for this year. Find a way to incorporate BB-8 too and it would probably be well received.

After re-watching Episode I recently and watching the Battlefront II gameplay, it surprises me how they've barely covered Naboo. We've had more or less no sets on Theed, except for Duel on Naboo, and even then that's not really a set on Theed. They really should do a UCS on that.

They haven't done a Trade Federation ship, either (you know, the ones with the big ball thing in the middle that made up the Naboo blockade, and also served as CIS control ships in the Clone Wars). Honestly, I feel it would make for a great UCS set. You could throw in Nute Gunray, the 2 Jedi and a load of Battle Droids, maybe a Vulture Droid or something, and have the rest be the ship. Honestly, with Battlefront II coming out putting the prequels back in the spotlight again, I feel this would be a great time to release such a set, since they never did it back in 1999 (which is understandable, since they didn't really have the parts to pull off a good model, but still).

The Battlefront II gameplay includes a brief glimpse of Death Troopers on Yavin IV. This is excellent news for those of us waiting for an official TLG playset of the rebel base on Yavin IV, I used to always say we'd never get an official one because no battles took place there (I believe Lego only wants to make Star Wars kits that kids can "fight" out scenes with) happy to be wrong on this one. With this new Battlefront II content I'm willing to bet now that eventually we will see some Yavin IV sets. Maybe there's a level that takes place as the rebels escape Yavin IV after the events of A New Hope.

I could honestly see Lego releasing a lineup of something like this for 2018

Battlefront Battlepacks

Clone Troopers Battlepack 2x Phase 2 Clone Troopers, 1x Phase 2 Clone Gunner, 1x Clone Commander

Droids Battlepack 2x Battledroids, 2x Super Battle Droids

Tuskin Raider Encounter Anakin, 2x Tusken Raiders 

Yoda's Hut Yoda, Luke, R2D2, Ghost Obi-Wan Kenobi

AAT (Battlefront and to make up for  the horrible 2015 one) Darth Maul, 3x Battle Droids, 1x Phase 2 Clone Trooper

Tie Bomber Tie Pilot, 1x Stormtrooper, Han Solo

Saw Gerrera's Den Saw Gerrera, Gyn Erso, Two-Tubes, Hologram Galen Erso 

Imperial Troop Transport 6x Stormtroopers, Imperial Combat Driver, Governor Pryce 

This is of course in addition to all the TLJ sets that we get

Edited by LegoBricksProductions

On 6/19/2017 at 9:45 PM, LegoBricksProductions said:

Saw Gerrera's Den Saw Gerrera, Gyn Erso, Two-Tubes, Hologram Galen Erso 

That would be amazing!

Going off your AAT idea, I'd like to see one at $25(same price as the republic tank) and have a similar selection of figures like 1 pilot, 1 regular droid, 1 clone, and either a special Jedi or even a separatist commander(Wat Tambor or someone similar). That would be cool.