darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

2 minutes ago, Ablyss said:

If Lego exploited as much Rogue One as The Force Awakens, we would have high hopes to get both Merrick X-wing and the Partisan one. We could have more a Hammerhead frigate, a TIE shuttle (the one landing the death troopers on Scarif, seen as well in Kafrene), a Jedha ambush set, Saw's den, Erso Homestead, AT-ACT, cargo shuttle, TIE fighter, Kafrene assassination, sand barricade on Scarif :wacko:..... But this is not the case.

To resume, Rogue One is consider among the fans as the best or second best Star Wars moovie when The Force Awakens is maybe the worst. Moreover, there's (far) more source material in RO to utilize. But sadly, TFA had a stronger promotion than RO and was clearly adressed to a larger and younger public. However, there's charismatics vehicles and characters in RO which appears both in ANH and in Rebels (and in the Prequels too).

So I don't think that we will have more RO sets than TFA eventually did. But i can't imagine that Lego won't give us between 3 and 6 RO sets in the next three or four waves about Saw Gerrera, Yavin and/or X-Wing, the cargo shuttle. Hope we'll get at least figs of Saw, Galen Erso, Merrick, Draven, Deux Tubes.

I don't know how we didn't get saw gerrera in any set for the release of Rogue One. I hope waiting will pay off and they will make a new mold for his armor.

15 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I would love to get the Profundity (a far more interesting ship than Home One, IMO).  The only problem is that the "bridge" of the ship is suspended from a long strut on the bottom.  So, just like the Medical Frigate, it would have to have a stand, which means it would probably have to be UCS.  Honestly, in that case, I would prefer a UCS U-Wing.

U-wing is not done for UCS. You can see mine in "Minifig scale U-wing" topic, it may be improve but I shown that we can do a U-wing in minifig scale, detailed, fair to the movie in shape and for the inside, the whole for less than a thousand parts. I consider the U-wing as a "playable" ship, like the republic gunship which I don't see either in UCS.

I read somewhere that Lego designers will nether do ships like the Nebulon B frigate for reasons of stability, it's understandable but bad because it's the most interesting rebel ship for UCS. On the other hand, it seem not impossible to get the Profundity in UCS, ok, the lower arrow is problematic, but we could have two high and solid stands from either side of the bridge. The ship itself has no weakness in its structure.

The best RO ship for UCS still the cargo shuttle, in the same scale than the 10212 Imperial shuttle. The problem is the part count, it would be around 4000 and I'm not sure Lego is ready to make a such big set for that ship appearing only in RO, even if its the best and the one with the more screentime. 

18 minutes ago, Ablyss said:

If Lego exploited as much Rogue One as The Force Awakens, we would have high hopes to get both Merrick X-wing and the Partisan one. We could have more a Hammerhead frigate, a TIE shuttle (the one landing the death troopers on Scarif, seen as well in Kafrene), a Jedha ambush set, Saw's den, Erso Homestead, AT-ACT, cargo shuttle, TIE fighter, Kafrene assassination, sand barricade on Scarif :wacko:..... But this is not the case.

Kafrene assassination, lol.  The secondary protagonist killing his ally in cold blood to prevent him from cracking under interrogation.  Not exactly LEGO set material.  :tongue:  Still, I wouldn't complain if it got us a Cassian minifigure that actually somewhat resembles Diego Luna.

All the other ideas would be theoretically possible (and awesome), but I agree that it they may not happen.  The initial Rogue One wave was smaller than the initial Force Awakens wave.  Okay, fair enough...Force Awakens had slightly more hype.  The January wave both included a mid-sized playset and a mid-sized vehicle.  Rogue One actually got MORE Microfighters!  To me, the warning sign is that there are no Rogue One sets in this summer's wave.  Just more Freemakers, Prequels, and Force Awakens.  The only ray of hope I can see is that TLG didn't anticipate the popularity of Rogue One among fans (especially older fans), and they will create some more detailed sets somewhere down the line.  Unfortunately, by next Spring, they will also have to cover The Last Jedi and the Han Solo movie, meaning that slots for Rogue One sets, particularly large ones, like a Cargo Shuttle, will be limited.

Luckily, TIEs, X-Wings, and Star Destroyers are evergreen sets that we're sure to see again in some form.

3 minutes ago, Ablyss said:

U-wing is not done for UCS. You can see mine in "Minifig scale U-wing" topic, it may be improve but I shown that we can do a U-wing in minifig scale, detailed, fair to the movie in shape and for the inside, the whole for less than a thousand parts. I consider the U-wing as a "playable" ship, like the republic gunship which I don't see either in UCS.

I saw your minifig-scale U-Wing.  I'm sorry if I didn't respond; it's an amazing MOC, and perhaps what TLG should have done in the first place, compared to the scaled-down version we got.

However, there's no reason why it couldn't be UCS.  The X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Fighters, this year's Snowspeeder...they are all way bigger than minifigure-scale, but they work nicely as detailed display pieces.

42 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I would love to get the Profundity (a far more interesting ship than Home One, IMO).  The only problem is that the "bridge" of the ship is suspended from a long strut on the bottom.  So, just like the Medical Frigate, it would have to have a stand, which means it would probably have to be UCS.  Honestly, in that case, I would prefer a UCS U-Wing.

True, and one of the things I always liked about the ship was the way, the floor of Raddus's seating area was made of glass, allowing him to look down at the battle, if Lego could somehow incorporate that into the set, that would be amazing. 

The only hope we have is UCS sets, maybe TLG might have something planned up their sleeve.

17 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

However, there's no reason why it couldn't be UCS.  The X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Fighters, this year's Snowspeeder...they are all way bigger than minifigure-scale, but they work nicely as detailed display pieces.

These ships are more starfighters and the UCS enables to give them more accuracy in shape and to show a lot of details. The difference of scale is significant, you have about three more times parts compare to accurate minifig scale set. there's no interior, just pilot seat. the building technics change also. The UCS scale gave to X-wing a thiner and more agressive shape with more accuracy for the reactors. The UCS Y-wing was full of details in the hullless part of the ship and the structure beams of the reactors were better integrated. The snowspeeder gave us a really detail ship. Of course some parts of the U-wing could be more accurate in an UCS scale, but the most important is the inside, passengers areas and cockpit, and UCS scale is not done for that (look at the Slave 1, Imperial shuttle and Falcon).

An other problem for a UCS U-Wing would be the sturdiness of the wings. I saw with mine, open wings are not stable enough. That's why Lego made them thiner and shorter on the 75155, I'm not sure there is solution, you still have one really short rotative axis for a huge horizontal panel (mines were 58 studs long).

It's a little bit hard to explain, I agree with that :classic:, but some ships are done for UCS scale, others no. Lego seems to think the same. Résistance X-wing, ARC-170 and Venator will be definitly huge UCS set, U-wing, Republic Gunship, Home One, Scimitar won't.

New Last Jedi trailer which may be of interest.... (link)

As always, please can everyone respect the EB's 'spoiler' guidelines :classic:  

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a special Lego Star Wars thing happening at the convention today. Hopefully they show some episode 8 sets

I hope so. Just a reveal of one set would be great.

What I don't understand from the trailer: What are those 

Spoiler

ships racing low to ground, releasing that red substance?  Is it excess fuel, or some kind of weapon being deployed?  Reminds me of Crimson Peak with the red clay in the snow.  

Either way, I think they would make a suitable set, especially with an enemy vehicle in the same wave.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

Hide contents

ships racing low to ground, releasing that red substance?  Is it excess fuel, or some kind of weapon being deployed?  Reminds me of Crimson Peak with the red clay in the snow.  

Either way, I think they would make a suitable set, especially with an enemy vehicle in the same wave.

I heard that 

they are on a planet with red soil and there is snow at the surface and the ships are blowing the snow off of the top. I don't think they are releasing the red stuff.

From the trailer my guesses are (spoilers?):

Those new AT-AT like things, the new A-Wing which appears for about .5 seconds, the new "C-Wing" or whatever those things heading towards the walker are. Probably a 3rd X-Wing too or maybe they'll keep one of the old ones around. 

2 minutes ago, BrickG said:

From the trailer my guesses are (spoilers?):

Those new AT-AT like things, the new A-Wing which appears for about .5 seconds, the new "C-Wing" or whatever those things heading towards the walker are. Probably a 3rd X-Wing too or maybe they'll keep one of the old ones around. 

Rather get a dagobah x wing. I think they will get rid of the last x wing from TFA.

Probably the Disneyland Star Tours spacecraft (StarSpeeder 3000) would be awesome to get in a set. The figures should be the characters seen during the ride, such as C-3PO, R2-D2, BB-8, Captain RX-24, Safety Instructor, Wicket the Ewok, Chewbacca, and Darth Vader.

Just now, kungfulegolover said:

Probably the Disneyland Star Tours spacecraft (StarSpeeder 3000) would be awesome to get in a set. The figures should be the characters seen during the ride, such as C-3PO, R2-D2, BB-8, Captain RX-24, Safety Instructor, Wicket the Ewok, Chewbacca, and Darth Vader.

That would be a cool set. Don't really see that happening though. I remember seeing this as a set on Lego Ideas, but no licenses as sets now.

14 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Hide contents

I think they are supposed to be mine carts repurposed to be speeder.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

I think they are supposed to be mine carts repurposed to be speeder.

Just a guess, but I bet they're the "New Snowspeeders" (kinda like the New FO Star Destroyer)

19 hours ago, Ablyss said:

To resume, Rogue One is consider among the fans as the best or second best Star Wars moovie when The Force Awakens is maybe the worst. Moreover, there's (far) more source material in RO to utilize. But sadly, TFA had a stronger promotion than RO and was clearly adressed to a larger and younger public. However, there's charismatics vehicles and characters in RO which appears both in ANH and in Rebels (and in the Prequels too).

So I don't think that we will have more RO sets than TFA eventually did. But i can't imagine that Lego won't give us between 3 and 6 RO sets in the next three or four waves about Saw Gerrera, Yavin and/or X-Wing, the cargo shuttle. Hope we'll get at least figs of Saw, Galen Erso, Merrick, Draven, Deux Tubes.

Tbh I don't think we neeed that many sets! Zeta-class Cargo shuttle and AT-ACT would be enough for me, and maybe Saw as promo polybag?

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Just a guess, but I bet they're the "New Snowspeeders" (kinda like the New FO Star Destroyer)

I'm not going to spoil anything , but makingstarwars has a big article about what's happening on salt planet Crait, that's where Gorilla AT-AT name originated from.

20 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Hide contents

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that wasn't snow but salt. The similarity to the real life Bonneville Salt Flats is striking. I suspect a salt planet would be a new take on the classic "desert planet" theme of Star Wars much like the way Jedha a "cold desert" world.

15 hours ago, kungfulegolover said:

I have been wanting one for years... Did you see it in the Force Awakens on Jakku? Considering the freaking Quadjumper was made into a set, the Star Speeder in the background got equal screen time and is even more recognizable thanks to the over 30 years of use in the theme park ride (either as a 1000 or 3000 speeder). The amount of figures you listed though would only work if it was a UCS set, and I doubt that the vehicle is well known enough to warrant a UCS release...  I definitely think BB-8, Wicket, Chewbacca, and Vader would be off the table since it is an eclectic mix for anyone who hasn't been on the ride. More likely to get a few stormtroopers (jetpack troops?) with a few ground crew figures. With that said, I sadly think that vehicle is the type that will only see Lego in the form of MOC's. (Sorry this reply is in the spoiler tag, it is glitching out on me and I can't separate your quote from this)

Edited by xboxtravis7992

3 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that wasn't snow but salt. The similarity to the real life Bonneville Salt Flats is striking. I suspect a salt planet would be a new take on the classic "desert planet" theme of Star Wars much like the way Jedha

a "cold desert" world.

It is

ships trying to signal something by blowing snow off of the planet Crait to show its red soil.

In case you haven't seen, the Battlefront II trailer has dropped. I immediately started thinking about potential lego sets. Right off the bat I'd love to see an Imperial Special Forces battle pack. I am not a huge fan of the special forces helmet design. I think they should have been a variation of the Death Trooper helmet.

33900381252_cfec5897df_k.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.25.55 by James Eilers, on Flickr

33900380942_e2eb60d5d5_k.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.25.49 by James Eilers, on Flickr

I am also loving the design of the cruiser this unit is using. Seems kind of like a cross between the Sith Infiltrator and a Star Destroyer. Hopefully we get a little more information on size and scale. 

33900380762_70301e2c36_h.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.25.29 by James Eilers, on Flickr

33214742794_9e92c53f9c_k.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.25.33 by James Eilers, on Flickr

33214744704_40a7b3b188_k.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.26.13 by James Eilers, on Flickr

I think it gives us a good opportunity to get some new clone battle packs. There is a piece on concept art floating around reddit of Jet Clone Troopers on Kamino so it would be cool to get a phase 1 clone BP.

In 2016 Lego made 2 Battlepacks based on SW Battlefront game, is it possible they will do the same for the sequel? I mean it's unlikely Lego will make another FO Battlepack in January 2018 since June 2017 one will still be on shelves, and Resistance one probably won't be even considered. Since Battlefront 2 will feature all 3 eras that mean we could get Clone troopers Phase I Battlepack or more Imperial! And maybe a Microfighter with game main hero Iden?

9 hours ago, jameseilers said:

In case you haven't seen, the Battlefront II trailer has dropped. I immediately started thinking about potential lego sets. Right off the bat I'd love to see an Imperial Special Forces battle pack. I am not a huge fan of the special forces helmet design. I think they should have been a variation of the Death Trooper helmet.

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.25.55 by James Eilers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.25.49 by James Eilers, on Flickr

I am also loving the design of the cruiser this unit is using. Seems kind of like a cross between the Sith Infiltrator and a Star Destroyer. Hopefully we get a little more information on size and scale. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.25.29 by James Eilers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.25.33 by James Eilers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 16.26.13 by James Eilers, on Flickr

While I agree that Tie pilot helmet is a weird choice they couldn't use Deathtroopers helmet for canon reason(Deathtroopers aren't normal humans), Inferno squad are. But that Battlepack would be a great addition!