darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

11 hours ago, Goonmo said:

Thanks to anyone who read to the end and be sure to let me know what you think or give your ideas.

Ok, let's go.

Episode 1

Agree with you, just that an other queen version and a handmaiden in orange outfit will nice addition in Gungan patrol, considering that it sets in the Gungan Sanctuary

Episode 2

I'll add: Swoop bike at Tusken camp, it's a key scene. Coming with Anakin, Shmi, two Tuskens

Episode 3

It's, at far, the episode where there still have the more to do or update. I agree with the wookie Catamaran, a splendid wehicle, and just a little with Plo Koon starfighter's. In my opinion you forgot the most important expectable sets. Beginning by the most probable, I'll add.

1. Senate Duel, with Yoda, Palpatine, Mas Amedda, Shock trooper or Senate Guard.

2. ARC-170 Starfighter. Iconic ship that really needs an update, with pilots, astromech, Jedi?

3. Obi-Wan blue interceptor, the last Eta-Actis remaining, with booster ring. Coming with Obi-Wan, astromech, Tion Medon, Utais.

4. Bail Organa's speeder, with Bail Organa, Padawan, 501st trooper.

5. Neimodian shuttle, the only ship we see in each episode of the prelogy. A bigger one (600-800 parts) coming with Grievous, 2 new Magnaguards, 1 or 2 pilot droids, Wat Tambor, San Hill.

6. UT-AT, with Ki-Adi Mundi, Bacara, clone pilots, clone marines.

... And Battlepacks (wookies, clones)... A new Boga would be nice also, but it's a difficult creature to reproduce, and some stuff seting in Felucia

Rogue One

Agreed with the cargo shuttle, and the x-wing, we really need an update of this ship, last one is from 2012 winter, but I think it will be a better idea to include it in a bigger set like "Blue leader X-wing at Yavin IV Rebel Base" making a 1000-1200 parts' set and containing a small commandment center and some maintenance stuff. Coming with Antoc Merrick, astromech, General Draven, General Dodonna, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, and some others among: one more pilot, rebel soldier, technician, white Mon Cal, senator(s).

We need also something like "Saw Guerrera Den" a 400-500 parts' set with Saw, Benthic or Edrio, Bodhi, an other rebel, Gor Bullet.

8 minutes ago, Ablyss said:

Ok, let's go.

Episode 1

Agree with you, just that an other queen version and a handmaiden in orange outfit will nice addition in Gungan patrol, considering that it sets in the Gungan Sanctuary

Episode 2

I'll add: Swoop bike at Tusken camp, it's a key scene. Coming with Anakin, Shmi, two Tuskens

Episode 3

It's, at far, the episode where there still have the more to do or update. I agree with the wookie Catamaran, a splendid wehicle, and just a little with Plo Koon starfighter's. In my opinion you forgot the most important expectable sets. Beginning by the most probable, I'll add.

1. Senate Duel, with Yoda, Palpatine, Mas Amedda, Shock trooper or Senate Guard.

2. ARC-170 Starfighter. Iconic ship that really needs an update, with pilots, astromech, Jedi?

3. Obi-Wan blue interceptor, the last Eta-Actis remaining, with booster ring. Coming with Obi-Wan, astromech, Tion Medon, Utais.

5. Neimodian shuttle, the only ship we see in each episode of the prelogy. A bigger one (600-800 parts) coming with Grievous, 2 new Magnaguards, 1 or 2 pilot droids, Wat Tambor, San Hill.

... And Battlepacks (wookies, clones)... A new Boga would be nice also, but it's a difficult creature to reproduce, and some stuff seting in Felucia

Rogue One

Agreed with the cargo shuttle, and the x-wing, we really need an update of this ship, last one is from 2012 winter, but I think it will be a better idea to include it in a bigger set like "Blue leader X-wing at Yavin IV Rebel Base" making a 1000-1200 parts' set and containing a small commandment center and some maintenance stuff. Coming with Antoc Merrick, astromech, General Draven, General Dodonna, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, and some others among: one more pilot, rebel soldier, technician, white Mon Cal, senator(s).

We need also something like "Saw Guerrera Den" a 400-500 parts' set with Saw, Benthic or Edrio, Bodhi, an other rebel, Gor Bullet.

Lego really needs to do some updates for prequel sets. I think they should be done with the rogue one sets for now and focus on the upcoming trilogy sets and doing some update sets or new sets we haven't gotten. We need an updated episode 3 anakin figure. We never seem to get just a regular version of him either. Just him with his headset on or a sith face. (We did get one regular version in palpatine's arrest, but his regular face was kinda bad and the other side was another sith face). 

24 minutes ago, Ablyss said:

Episode 2

Episode 3

I was thinking about some sort of Tatooine based set, like a remake of Tusken Raider Encounter, but I already had multiple sets with Anakin. Maybe it could have a poncho disguise variant...

Episode III is an important film that hasn't really seen much aside from Jedi Interceptors since the original 2005-2006 line of sets.

#3 is actually one I forgot to put on my list. We definitely need an updated version to go on the shelf with the other three. I think it would be the best chance to get Commander Cody.

Maybe an Utapau themed AT-TE update would give us a better chance to get Tion Medon? I don't know, but I'd like to see Lego do more with Utapau in the future. A new, brick built Boga would also be cool, especially after seeing what designers can do with the Ninjago Dragons.

#5 would be another good way to get Grevious. I didn't want to bog down the list with a bunch of sets that all had the same figures, but this would be cool to get especially with new Separatists.

6 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

#3 is actually one I forgot to put on my list. We definitely need an updated version to go on the shelf with the other three. I think it would be the best chance to get Commander Cody.

We need an episode 3 commander Cody. He was an important part of the movie. I don't see why we haven't gotten him yet.

We need a Vader duel set. Just him, Luke, that little bridgey thing and the thing at the end. Luke missing a hand, and with a face screaming in pain. A bit gruesome for a Lego set haha but it would be cool. Maybe have a bit of the previous room too where Vader force throws junk at Luke.

Lego doesn't really use the strategy of removing hand parts ever... so maybe give two torsos. One pristine and with a hand. The other might have a tattered clothing and missing the hand (perhaps filled in so it's not just a missing lego piece or something).

Just now, BrickG said:

We need a Vader duel set. Just him, Luke, that little bridgey thing and the thing at the end. Luke missing a hand, and with a face screaming in pain. A bit gruesome for a Lego set haha but it would be cool. Maybe have a bit of the previous room too where Vader force throws junk at Luke.

Lego doesn't really use the strategy of removing hand parts ever... so maybe give two torsos. One pristine and with a hand. The other might have a tattered clothing and missing the hand (perhaps filled in so it's not just a missing lego piece or something).

It could have a double sided face with him screaming, but it definitely wouldn't have his hand cut off. You would have to take it off yourself, which isn't a big problem.

I like the idea of a Yavin IV set. Much like the Death Star and upcoming Millenium Falcon which depict scenes from different movies, we could see a Yavin base that has characters and scenes from Rogue One and A New Hope (and maybe even Rebels since we know the show is heading that way).

And I would like to see an X wing with interchangeable red and blue parts so it could be either Red or Blue Leader's X wing.

Edited by Tariq j

5 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I like the idea of a Yavin IV set. Much like the Death Star and upcoming Millenium Falcon which depict scenes from different movies, we could see a Yavin base that has characters and scenes from Rogue One and A New Hope (and maybe even Rebels since we know the show is heading that way).

And I would like to see an X wing with interchangeable red and blue parts so it could be either Red or Blue Leader's X wing.

I don't think Lego has to focus on one movie for a Yavin IV set. It would probably sell better with characters from different movies too.

8 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I don't think Lego has to focus on one movie for a Yavin IV set. It would probably sell better with characters from different movies too.

I think it has to. It should be place in Rogue One only, because it's on this moovie that Yavin IV is the most important and has the more screentime. Then, just because Rogue One focus the most characters, and we don't need a new Luke, Han Solo or Leia. There's enough important and good figs to do in Rogue One.

We don't need a huge box for that. As I said, 1000-1200 parts would be enough to make a really interesting set in the line of 7754 Home One. And, when we see what's going on with "Assault on Hoth", I think Lego should don't make big playset when it's not necessary, and should focus on other ideas for big exclusive sets.

I would like to see a ≈$150 USD "Rogue One" set. Basically includes a ≈1500 Rogue One Cargo Shuttle with folding wings, accessible interiors, spring-loaded shooters, opening ramps, etc.

Imo it has a bigger role in the movie than the U-wing and is a glaring hole in the Rogue One set lineup.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I would like to see a ≈$150 USD "Rogue One" set. Basically includes a ≈1500 Rogue One Cargo Shuttle with folding wings, accessible interiors, spring-loaded shooters, opening ramps, etc.

Imo it has a bigger role in the movie than the U-wing and is a glaring hole in the Rogue One set lineup.

I definitely think that Lego will make a Yavin IV set based off rouge one. I think they might be saving it for another wave.

23 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

We need an episode 3 commander Cody. He was an important part of the movie. I don't see why we haven't gotten him yet.

I assume it is because there weren't any Phase II-Helmets with a visor, which is an important part of Cody's appearance.

3 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

I assume it is because there weren't any Phase II-Helmets with a visor, which is an important part of Cody's appearance.

I guess they are waiting to make a new mold for it. Then they will probably make him.

13 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

That's what I wanted LEGO to make since we first saw it, it would be such a cool set.

After watching the new 'Battlefront II' trailer, I'm wondering if we might see new lego sets based on the content like we did with last winters battlepacks. Could be interesting as the new game now covers Clone Wars, OT, post-ROTJ and sequel trilogy eras. 

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

absolutely it is a must for Lego to make its such an important ship

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I'm kind of concerned about the lack of Rogue One sets in the summer wave.  Yes, it's easier on my wallet, but I'm not sure it bodes well for future sets from that film.  I think TLG may have been taken aback by the somber finale of the film (given all the reshoots).  Furthermore, the next fall and spring will probably be taken up with The Last Jedi and Han Solo sets, plus maybe some battlepacks and "Saga" sets.  It's too early to say, of course, but I don't expect anymore Rogue One sets until Summer 2018.

In addition, I'm not sure that Rogue One is so popular with TLG's target demographic.  My nine-year-old little cousin wasn't scared by the film, but he found it boring and depressing.  Granted, he's only one kid, so who knows, but it definitely seems that Rogue One was not quite the sensation of The Force Awakens.  Don't get me wrong, it's my favorite Star Wars film (maybe even my favorite film of all time!), but I am trying to be realistic concerning sets.

All that being said, I agree that the "Rogue One" cargo shuttle is essential.  I really don't care much about the AT-ACT.  It wasn't nearly as iconic as I had hoped.  As much as I hate to say it, I think a Hoth AT-AT would sell better.  

Other popular ideas with which I concur are a Partisan X-Wing with Saw Gerrera, "Two-Tubes," and Bodhi with printed arms (never gonna happen, but I can dream); and some kind of Confrontation on Eadu set with Galen Erso, Krennic, a Death Trooper, and maybe one of the ill-fated engineers.  :laugh:  

Finally, I would love to see an Erso Homestead set with young Jyn, Galen, Lyra, and a Death Trooper.  I highly doubt this would even cross the minds of the set designers or the marketers, because a.) there's never been a Lars Homestead set, which is much more iconic, and b.) there's never been an Aunt Beru or Shmi Skywalker minifigure, so it seems logical (and insulting) that TLG would ignore Lyra, as well.

I rather have more Rebels sets than Rogue One sets. Rouge One is a movie (which usually means that it will get sets after the release), but once Rebels is over we probably won't get any sets (maybe one or two). Rogue One wasn't really a movie Lego could make sets on. I think that they would be really hesitant to release a set on the last Vader scene (which was one of the best parts of the movie). I definitely agree after the movie released Lego probably saw the ending and thought they should stop making a lot of sets from Rouge One (because of the end).

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

I rather have more Rebels sets than Rogue One sets. Rouge One is a movie (which usually means that it will get sets after the release), but once Rebels is over we probably won't get any sets (maybe one or two). Rogue One wasn't really a movie Lego could make sets on. I think that they would be really hesitant to release a set on the last Vader scene (which was one of the best parts of the movie). I definitely agree after the movie released Lego probably saw the ending and thought they should stop making a lot of sets from Rouge One (because of the end).

I don't care about Rebels at all, but I fully understand that it has its fan base, and you're right: it's now or never for Rebels sets.  At least Rebels sets on a regular basis.

Actually, the more I think about it, I just don't know what to think about the darkness of Rogue One (as it pertains to LEGO sets).  This is the same company that repeatedly makes sets from Revenge of the Sith...they just leave out Order 66.  :wink:  Heck, we have Vader's surgery (a re-release!) as a summer set.  I really can't predict what TLG would do next.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

I don't care about Rebels at all, but I fully understand that it has its fan base, and you're right: it's now or never for Rebels sets.  At least Rebels sets on a regular basis.

Actually, the more I think about it, I just don't know what to think about the darkness of Rogue One (as it pertains to LEGO sets).  This is the same company that repeatedly makes sets from Revenge of the Sith...they just leave out Order 66.  :wink:  Heck, we have Vader's surgery (a re-release!) as a summer set.  I really can't predict what TLG would do next.

I think that the Vader transformation has to happen in a Star Wars set. It is one of the biggest things in the franchise (Anakin finally turning into Vader). As you can see we have never gotten an Order 66 set and it is a huge part in the prequels. We haven't even gotten the character that was told to execute the order (commander Cody) and he was important outside of Order 66. I think Lego will slowly stop doing Rogue One sets because how "dark " it is. Some person on Reddit was saying how dark and bad the Lego Batman Movie is :laugh:. By the way, you may not like Rebels, but you should really try to watch some of the episodes the show is great. Just a recommendation.

7 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

By the way, you may not like Rebels, but you should really try to watch some of the episodes the show is great. Just a recommendation.

If I didn't have kids... I would NOT like the show, but I have a little boy and it sure makes me enjoy the series. I'll always prefer movie based sets over side genres like Rebels, but it is nice to have the Ghost, AT-DP, etc.

Although I guess the Ghost IS a movie set now...

Edited by thorin

I think it's fair to say both Rebels and Rogue One are in need of some sets. Arguably, RO is the darkest movie of the franchise, there are still a lot of sets that can be seen. Red/Blue Leader X-Wing, the Cargo Shuttle, the Profundity. 

Just now, Tariq j said:

I think it's fair to say both Rebels and Rogue One are in need of some sets. Arguably, RO is the darkest movie of the franchise, there are still a lot of sets that can be seen. Red/Blue Leader X-Wing, the Cargo Shuttle, the Profundity. 

They will probably make some more x wings after the episode 7 ones retire. Whether the x wings are from Rouge One, Rebels, or the OT.

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I would love to get the Profundity (a far more interesting ship than Home One, IMO).  The only problem is that the "bridge" of the ship is suspended from a long strut on the bottom.  So, just like the Medical Frigate, it would have to have a stand, which means it would probably have to be UCS.  Honestly, in that case, I would prefer a UCS U-Wing.

I think a new T-65 X-Wing is all but certain.  The only question is "when" and I would not be surprised if we get one January or June 2018.  People have talked about a Red Leader/Blue Leader combo pack, and that would be amazing.  I don't see TLG including all the pieces to build two alternate color schemes, but they could easily put both minifigures in one set.  Let's face it, Red Leader is about 18 years overdue.  :classic:  And Blue Leader is quickly becoming a fan favorite, I think.

On 13/04/2017 at 2:24 PM, RogueTwo said:

Other popular ideas with which I concur are a Partisan X-Wing with Saw Gerrera, "Two-Tubes," and Bodhi with printed arms

If Lego exploited as much Rogue One as The Force Awakens, we would have high hopes to get both Merrick X-wing and the Partisan one. We could have more a Hammerhead frigate, a TIE shuttle (the one landing the death troopers on Scarif, seen as well in Kafrene), a Jedha ambush set, Saw's den, Erso Homestead, AT-ACT, cargo shuttle, TIE fighter, Kafrene assassination, sand barricade on Scarif :wacko:..... But this is not the case.

To resume, Rogue One is consider among the fans as the best or second best Star Wars moovie when The Force Awakens is maybe the worst. Moreover, there's (far) more source material in RO to utilize. But sadly, TFA had a stronger promotion than RO and was clearly adressed to a larger and younger public. However, there's charismatics vehicles and characters in RO which appears both in ANH and in Rebels (and in the Prequels too).

So I don't think that we will have more RO sets than TFA eventually did. But i can't imagine that Lego won't give us between 3 and 6 RO sets in the next three or four waves about Saw Gerrera, Yavin and/or X-Wing, the cargo shuttle. Hope we'll get at least figs of Saw, Galen Erso, Merrick, Draven, Deux Tubes.