darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I imagine UCS sand crawler owners would pay a pretty penny for a homestead to have their sand crawler parked in front of. on the topic of structural, a full size* UCS cantina play set? full size, detailed. incorporate the spring loaded shooters into the walls behind Han and greedo so fans can decide who shoots first, some sand troopers. the bar table scuffle between Luke and the outlaw

How about Lego finally gives us a UCS AT-AT that has around 4000-5000pcs and just retires the Death Star

I imagine UCS sand crawler owners would pay a pretty penny for a homestead to have their sand crawler parked in front of. on the topic of structural, a full size* UCS cantina play set? full size, detailed. incorporate the spring loaded shooters into the walls behind Han and greedo so fans can decide who shoots first, some sand troopers. the bar table scuffle between Luke and the outlaw

I like that idea.

They've been changing many molds the past few years - do you guys think they will ever change the Rodian head mold?

I really hope they will never change it and keep it as it is, since it's perfect as it is to me, and I'd like to see more of those guys in different colors,

utilizing the same head mold we currently have and have had for years. More generic aliens would also be fantastic,

I really hope we'll someday see more of such figures in sets. Perhaps sets that focus on a certain alien species.

Edited by General Magma

I really hope we'll someday see more of such figures in sets. Perhaps sets that focus on a certain alien species.

I would love the Separatist Council, or any of the Aliens from it. We only got Poggle and Nute Gunray so far. But Wat Tambor, San Hill, or Tikkes would also make fine additions to any Separatist themed set.

Also, a Senate themed set could include a lot of Aliens, especially Mas Amedda and Sly Moore.

Edited by Flieger

They've been changing many molds the past few years - do you guys think they will ever change the Rodian head mold?

I really hope they will never change it and keep it as it is, since it's perfect as it is to me, and I'd like to see more of those guys in different colors,

utilizing the same head mold we currently have and have had for years. More generic aliens would also be fantastic,

I wouldn't mind if they changed the Rodian head mold... it always feels too "low" for my taste--which is great for Wald, but not so much for Greedo and others who have a neck. I tend to pop the head up a little bit...from the front, the skinny neck post isn't so visible and it gives them a bit of a better look.

But I'd also be fine with seeing more colors from 'em (dark green, olive green).

I hope they make sets for the new Battlefront game! Imperial shock troopers and such!

I hope TLG can make star wars sets based on Star Wars Commander!A HWK-290,VT-49 Decimator,AT-MP,T2-B Repulsor Tank,and a new TIE Advance and TIE Avenger will be nice!

It'd be a treat if LEGO released new versions of the TIE Bomber and TIE Interceptor. I always wanted to have those two in a similar format as the newest system-scaled TIE.

I hope they make sets for the new Battlefront game! Imperial shock troopers and such!

Yeah, it'd be pretty fantastic to get Battlefront Battle Packs for any OT-themed BPs in the next couple years... I'd love an Ishi Tib Rebel soldier, Sullustan (now that's an ear-sporting headgear I wanna see!), various soldiers with jetpacks, rocket launchers (I saw so many nice, simple bazookas in the Battle Pack contest, it'd be great to see 'em officially!), etc.

not to knock SWTOR but if they can make a few sets about that they can sure as heck make a good amount of well justified battlefront sets

not to knock SWTOR but if they can make a few sets about that they can sure as heck make a good amount of well justified battlefront sets

Taris Republic troopers :wub_drool:

Having seen Siege of Lothal, I want a Rebel's style Vader with his TIE Advanced.

Yes please!

Having seen Siege of Lothal, I want a Rebel's style Vader with his TIE Advanced.

I'm certain we will see it next year

I hope so. Season 2 is in full swing when the 2015/16 winter waves comes. The opportunities from the trailers and the premiere alone are amazing:

TIE Advanced

Darth Vader, Pilot, Admiral Konstantine

CR90 Corvette

Ahsoka, Commander Sato, Hera, Zeb, 2x Rebel Trooper

A-Wing

Pilot, Droid

Lothal Speeder

Maketh Tua, Agent Kallus, 2x Stormtroopers

Sentinel Class Shuttle

Kanan, Ezra, Chopper, Vader, 2x Stormtroopers

AT-TE

Rex, Wolffe, Gregor, Zeb

AT-AT

Agent Kallus, 2x Driver, 2x Stormtrooper

B-Wing Prototype

Hera, that Mon Calamari, Droid

???

the new Inquisitors

Just quick ideas. The number of characters and vehicles possible is just great! I really hope Lego provides us at least with a core range of characters and vehicles.

I mean they cannot possibly ignore the clones, Ahsoka or Vader, can they? I fear that in the Episode VII mania, Lego may overlook Rebels.

I'd like to see something like this

A wing

Pilot, rebel, droid

Darth vaders tie advanced

Darth vader, tie pilot, maketh tua

Decommissioned at-te

Rex, Wolfe, Gregor, zeb

At-at

2 pilots, 4, stormtroopers

Prototype b-wing

Hera, rebel, pilot

Sabines custom tie

Sabine, Ezra, chopper

Cr90 corvette

Male inquisitor, kanan, hondo, commander sato, bail organa

Sentinel class shuttle

Ahsoka, feamale inquisitor, pilot, stormtrooper, agent kallus

Ucs ghost and phantom please lego make it happen

I'm not sure they'll make one so soon after the Inquisitor's (which is a different style, I know)... also, a Rebels-style Vader will pretty much be "ANH-style Vader". They'd likely use the new Final Duel helmet rather than create another top for the chin-piece (cool as it might be, I'd rather see something else get a new mold in its place), but with dark red (or dark brownish) lenses printed/painted on, if possible... the torso print may be ever-so-slightly cartoony (like with the Rebels Stormtroopers' curved belts), but still perfectly serviceable as ANH Vader, surcoat overlapping his upper-chest armor.

It's a bummer that now there's so much SW content coming out, certain properties won't get the representation we want for 'em--and especially not as many minifigs as we'd like for 'em, either, thanks in part to whatever "action figure" contracts are in place. Sato, 2 new Inquisitors, Phoenix Squadron pilots, new-style Sabine, Rex, Gregor, Wolffe, the Ithorian bartender, Tarkin, Vader, Ahsoka, Bail, "R4"-conehead Imperial astromechs, Imp-deco Chopper, Cadet Ezra and/or Zare Leonis, Lando, W1-1E, Azmorigan & his guards, Vizago & his droids, Hondo Ohnaka, etc...

We really do need figures of Azmorigan and Vizago (new aliens!), and an Ithorian bartender figure would also be great.

Would give LEGO an opportunity to re-use the mold but in a different color. I wouldn't mind seeing another Gran figure somewhere, either, whether tan or brown.

(Ree-Yees is a rather expensive figure on the aftermarket, currently, so a cheaper alternative for that figure would be nice...)

Perhaps we'll have some new generic aliens with the SW7 sets.

I'm not sure they'll make one so soon after the Inquisitor's (which is a different style, I know)... also, a Rebels-style Vader will pretty much be "ANH-style Vader". They'd likely use the new Final Duel helmet rather than create another top for the chin-piece (cool as it might be, I'd rather see something else get a new mold in its place), but with dark red (or dark brownish) lenses printed/painted on, if possible... the torso print may be ever-so-slightly cartoony (like with the Rebels Stormtroopers' curved belts), but still perfectly serviceable as ANH Vader, surcoat overlapping his upper-chest armor.

Indeed, the frowned look with the exaggerated lines of Vader in Rebels would best be done with a new mould, but I know that it is rather unlikely. On the other hand they did a mould for the Inquisitor's flight helmet, which could only be seen for a few seconds...

However I'd settle for new printing, especially the red lenses.

My list was really just a flawed, quick shot. But as you (and Magma) say, Rebels has so many great characters and vehicles which would make fine Lego sets with a fresh feeling to them. I can imagine the AT-TE would be big fun for all of us: for the designers to pull off, for us afols to build, for kids to play with.

I am usually not in the league of the people complaining about reissues, but I think Lego should embrace not only Episode VII as source for new sets. Rebels has its charme too, mostly thanks to McQuarrie.

rebels provides a great opportunity for new sets we haven't seen before and a new worthwhile spin on things we have seen before