darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Sir Brickalot: I like your endor ideas :thumbup: they would certainly go well with the Ewok Village.

North Lego Star: I too would like Cloud City. The more I think about it the more likely a Cloud City seems. It may just be me, but I feel Lego are slowly dropping off little hints that a Cloud City will come out.

Firstly, Lego didn't include Lando and Leia in Slave I despite the fact that they were in that scene. This indiactes Lego are saving their minifigures for a bigger apperance.

Secondly, Anyone who owns The Dark Side book may have noticed a reactor balcony structure different to the one in the original cloud city. Hopefully TLG will release one. Possible as a playset.

I'm really hoping we see a Cloud City set next year in either as a large UCS set, or as two part set similar to Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pitt...

A Chewbacca with backpack (to put a legless C-3PO in) would be great in this set.

I'd put these minifigs in:

Luke (Bespin), Han Solo (Bespin), Leia (Bespin), Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Lando Calrissian, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper x2, Lobot, Bespin Guard x2, Ugnaught x2, Cloud Car Pilot (no pilot, since that fig would be in the Cloud Car set ;) ), Han Solo in Carbonite, Treva Horme and Wiorklettle, the 'E ch ta' droid: E-3PO, and Wilrow Hood!

Republic Attack Cruiser: set includes two clone pilots, two Phase Two clones, two gunners, and a clone commander. Set includes the Repulblic Attack Cruiser as seen at the beginning of Episode III. The side panels can be hinged to reveal the interior. Inside, there are two cannons, chair with holographic display for the clone commander to survey the battle, escape pods, and central walkway. The cockpit includes two seats and many controls. £109.99

I don't really have a preference how they tackle Cloud City. The original set still holds up pretty well so a remake in a similar style would be good, but a series of sets like Jabba's Palace or a Death Star-style playset could work too.

I just hope when Lego revisits Bespin they include both costumes for Princess Leia.

Separatist Shuttle: includes a new separatist leader, Utapauan Soldier, Pilot Droid, and Magnaguard. Set comes with a droideka and a Utupauan flying animal as well. The Separatist Shuttle includes a cockpit, boarding ramp, passenger seat with Emperor Palpatine hologram, and flick missiles. £29.99

Ultimate Battle Above Endor: set comes with Han Solo, Chewbacca, Nien Numb, Lando Calrissian, Mon Calamari Officer,

rebel commander, Wedge Antilles, R2 unit, Stormtrooper, Imperial Officer, two TIE pilots, and Mouse Droid. Set includes an updated Episode VI Falcon with features such as: four seater cockpit, hinged panels, interior with Chewie's board game, computer screens, weapon rack, gun turret, and stairs leading up to them. Also has a breakable satellite dish. Set also comes with an X-Wing with weathered, grey look, spring loaded shooters, opening cockpit, ejector seat, retractable landing gear, and ajustable wings. Also includes TWO TIE Interceptors with opening hatches, flick missiles, and bomb dropping functions. £189.99

Regarding a possible UCS cloud city:

We may just have gotten another clue pointing in that direction, check out the 2015 rumors thread:

Spoke to an employee from a British Legostore. He told me a HUGE SW set is on its way. At least the size of the Death Star. The employees did not know what set it was, but only it was huge. Probably released in January and announced very shortly before that.

A new Falcon? It will probably be in the 3000-5000 parts range.

...oh my... a GIANT Bespin set? Thats gonna hurt my wallet real bad... :grin:

If its true, i hope its a large play-set like the Death Star - with lots of min-figs.

But as pointed out before: the shape of Bespin, with the long antenna underneath, will make it very hard to design as a play-set. The best solution would probably be to cut the lower part out, so its only the "dish" with the city-scape on top. It could be a "cut through"-design, where on side displays the city and the other sides have access to the rooms with the play-features (like Jabba's palace)...

Well, whatever it is I'm looking forward to it. A new falcon was sited on TYC. So it pushes it's chances but.... The fact that the employee compared it to the Death Star and not any other UCS set indicates a possible playset.

I'm surprised a Wookie catamaran redesign hasn't been released...

Wookie Catamaran: Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, 2x 41st clone troopers, 2x Battle droids-£44.99

Wookie Ornithopter: 2x Wookie warriors, super battle droid-£19.99

So I was over looking at Whitefang's delightful review of the 12th CMF series and kept thinking about how many of the hairpieces and whatnot would look great for other custom characters, especially Jedi. That got me thinking about how few Jedi figs we have that aren't CW style. Lets list them:

Seasee Tinn - from Palpatine's Arrest, doesn't need an upgrade

Agen Kolar - same as above

Stass Allie - pretty recent fig, looks great

Coleman Trebor - same as above

Barriss Offee - 2010 fig, needs an update

Kit Fisto - the current and only design, desperately needs an upgrade.

Other than this, I can't think of any named Jedi, apart from main characters, that have either never been made or only exist as CW figs.

So, why not do a Jedi Battle Pack? If there is any right time to do it, it is now. Think about it. This year marked the first time LEGO has released what were essentially 3 Battle Packs in one wave together since the Bps debuted in 2007. Next year's winter wave has a similar pattern, and my guess is that this is how LEGO plans to do things for at least the next two years (just a guess). So why not do a Jedi Battle Pack set during the Arena Battle in AOTC?

Lets list the Jedi that I believe are necessary to have a successful representation of the Jedi Order at the time of the downfall of the Republic:

Ki-Adi Mundi

Plo Koon

Luminara Unduli

Shaak Ti

Honorable Mentions:

Aayla Secura

With this laid out, we see how few it really is to fill in the gaps. Give us one Battle Pack, same size as the Utapau Troopers set, with Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti, Luminara and Plo Koon fighting two dwarf spider droids. Sure, people won't buy lots of multiples, but every kid will jump at a bunch of Jedi, and what AFOL wouldn't take the chance to get those many named characters at such a low price.

And alas, price is where my whole idea kinda comes falling down. I really think that the only serious thing that would hold this idea back is the price point. At 24$ (which is what I believe these new 3rd Battle Packs will be priced), it seems unrealistic that LEGO would be able to pull off production on all the various molds in the quantities needed and get enough return for their effort.

Anyway, this is now on my wanted list.

Some good ideas, It would certainly be great to see some non-CW figures.

If anything, I'd like to see a Mustafar set. The last one was in 2005. And yes, we saw one in 2012 but that was simply two platforms, and not substancial enough as a full Mustafar set. It could come with.....

Minifigures: Anakin and Obi-Wan. Battle droid and Nute Gunray and Wat Tambor and mouse droid.

Features: Lava control room with hologram tables and weapon rack. Beam which can be connected via technic pieces and disconnected in the same way. And finally the two platforms that we see towards the end of the duel.

Price: If Lego were to make a set similar to my idea I'd hope they would price it around the £/$/€ 50.00 mark.

I would love some more sets based on Tatooine.

I would love to see:

A Bantha with three sandpeoble a tent/hut and a couple of rats...

A homestead/moisture farm with Lars/farmer and three different droids. A "house", and a vaporaor

A small scrap-shop with a alien-shopkeeper and a customer, perhaps a assistant droid

A battlepack with 2 jawa´s fighting 2 sandpeoble

I would love to see:

A Bantha with three sandpeoble a tent/hut and a couple of rats...

A homestead/moisture farm with Lars/farmer and three different droids. A "house", and a vaporaor

A small scrap-shop with a alien-shopkeeper and a customer, perhaps a assistant droid

A battlepack with 2 jawa´s fighting 2 sandpeoble

I found a picture on LEGO-ideas, which would match perfectly with my Tantooine-dreams! I hope it gets enough supporters...

http://www.hothbricks.com/2013/01/militons-pour-un-bantha-chez-lego/

Edited by Koptokaff

I would love to see:

Oh yeah the homestead is a top-wish for most OT fans i think. But we got uncle Owen in the UCS Sandcrawler, i hope for aunt Beru...

I would want the republic cruiser from RotS and of course p2 commander wolffe and we need imperial shuttle. And obi WANs star fighter from RotS. And I would love a wolf pack and 501st battle pack.

I personally want to see some more sets based off the Clone Wars micro-series like these...

-ARC Trooper Battle Pack: Red ARC Trooper Commander, Blue ARC Trooper(x2), Heavy Blaster Trooper, Small Speeder Bike-12.99$

-Mon Calamari Troopers: Clone Scuba Trooper(x2), Mon Calamari Knights(x2), Small Water Cannon-12.99$

-Battle on Dac: Kit Fisto, Quarren Warrior(x2), Droid Manta Sub Fighters-24.99$

-Battle of Muunilinst: Obi-Wan Kenobi(Battle Armor), Durge, Clone Trooper, IG Lancer Droid, Durge's Speeder Bike, Obi-Wan's Speeder Bike, Droid Lancer Bike-29.99$

-Asajj Ventress' Starfighter: Assaj Ventress, Anakin Skywalker(Yavin 4), Clone Trooper-39.99

-Republic V-19 Torrent Starfighter: Yoda, Clone Pilot, Geonosian Battle Droid(x2), Yoda's Kybuck(Same Mold as Tauntaun)-49.99$

-Battle of Coruscant: Mace Windo, Shaak Ti, Magna Guard, Mace Windo's Astromech Droid, Mace Windo's Jedi Interceptor-29.99$

Thanks for Reading!

I know these sets will probably never happen. But......if I would have the power (or Force) to decide what the next wave would be.....

-White Witch (with Thal Joben, Jord Dusat, Tig Fromm Sise Fromm)

-Sand Sloth (with Kea Moll, C-3PO, R2)

-Tatooine desert set (Bantha, Krayt Dragon skeleton, a few Tuskens, some Jawas)

-Mos Eisley streets set (Garindan, Wioslea + his shop, Ponda Baba, Dr Evazan, Momaw Nadon)

-Cloud City (superset including everything)

-Dagobah set (Yoda's hut, the cave, Yoda, Ben ghost, Luke, muddy R2, swamp creature, snakes, Vader with cracked helmet)

-Moldy Crow (Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors, WeeGee)

-The Outrider (Dash, Leebo)

-The Virago (Xizor, Guri)

-Ebon Hawk (Revan, Bastila, Carth, Canderous, Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, HK47, T3-M4)

The only sets that have a chance of REALLY being released are Cloud City and Dagobah I'm afraid......

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

I personally want to see some more sets based off the Clone Wars micro-series like these...

-ARC Trooper Battle Pack: Red ARC Trooper Commander, Blue ARC Trooper(x2), Heavy Blaster Trooper, Small Speeder Bike-12.99$

-Mon Calamari Troopers: Clone Scuba Trooper(x2), Mon Calamari Knights(x2), Small Water Cannon-12.99$

-Battle on Dac: Kit Fisto, Quarren Warrior(x2), Droid Manta Sub Fighters-24.99$

-Battle of Muunilinst: Obi-Wan Kenobi(Battle Armor), Durge, Clone Trooper, IG Lancer Droid, Durge's Speeder Bike, Obi-Wan's Speeder Bike, Droid Lancer Bike-29.99$

-Asajj Ventress' Starfighter: Assaj Ventress, Anakin Skywalker(Yavin 4), Clone Trooper-39.99

-Republic V-19 Torrent Starfighter: Yoda, Clone Pilot, Geonosian Battle Droid(x2), Yoda's Kybuck(Same Mold as Tauntaun)-49.99$

-Battle of Coruscant: Mace Windo, Shaak Ti, Magna Guard, Mace Windo's Astromech Droid, Mace Windo's Jedi Interceptor-29.99$

Thanks for Reading!

Always like your ideas! :classic: I do agree that i would love these sets to become reality. There is hope for the summer wave as the winter has one, maybe two sets! :grin:

Gungan Patrol - 3 Gungans, 3 Kaadus, 2 trailers with blue energy weapons. 24.99

2 Expanded Universe based playsets based on 7180

New Republic control station (similar to 7180, but bigger and with base plates). 3 B wing pilots, 2 E wing pilots, 5 New Republic Troopers/engineers, 2 R6 astromechs, 2 Protocol droids (Ra-7, Green protocol droid 3po based) 5 mini fighters, utensils, weapons, control panels, door way etc. 44.99

Imperial remnant control station - 5 Imperial tie pilots, 3 Imperial engineers, 1 Imperial officer, 1 Imperial Admiral, 2 Imperial R6 Astromechs, 2 Imperial Protocols, 5 mini TIE's, same as the set above as mentioned. Utensils etc. 44.99

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

I would like to see a new V-19 as well. Was released during my dark ages and never re-released.

-The Outrider (Dash, Leebo)

As much as I'd like to have it: the Outrider is another proof that the "canon"-status alone does not guarantee a set will be done... It is in the movie, but Shadows of the Empire itself is simply too old to be attractive by now. It would be AFOL only, and not even all of them. Shadows of the Empire is so old not even all of the AFOLs read or played it and unlike the movies it is not a timeless set. Too bad.

Mos Eisley streets set is great idea, it would bring some great tan pieces and aesome new head-moulds.

There are a lot of location based sets that are missing/ need to be remade/ would just be awesome. like:

Cloud city

Theed generator (duel of the fates! Come on lego)

yodas hut on dagobah

Lars homestead

Wattos junkyard

And many more.