darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I wonder with the cancellation of the Clone Wars (the show), if the 2014 line will be impacted, at least the first half. I was still hoping for a few more of the remaining Delta-7B's they haven't done.

They plan 2 years in advance, so not until summer 2015 should TCW sets stop completely.

The Snowspeeder: It´s the same version sice 1999. Very poor and nothing correct in the cockpit and teh front part.

The X-wing: Still using the Y-Wing windscreen, but it has some importante upgrades since 1999.

The Millenium Falcon: A giant cockpit and a little disproportionated, in all version. But for a system set, it´s ok.

is it just star wars or can it be superheroes too?

Starwars as its the starwars part of the forum

Jango Fetts slave 1

Tie Bomber

Both because they haven't even been remade once! And people have missed out on them

Discussing the sets you think need new versions is discussing sets you want to see in the future, therefore, this falls under the topic of Future Star Wars Sets. Merging...

Am I the only one who'd love to see a new Star Destroyer, similar in scale to 6211? That was a fantastic looking set which I unfortunately missed out on, and there's no chance me paying £200+ for it on bricklink!

Also seeing an Alliance AAC-1 like in Battlefront 2 would be pretty awesome!

Am I the only one who'd love to see a new Star Destroyer, similar in scale to 6211? That was a fantastic looking set which I unfortunately missed out on, and there's no chance me paying £200+ for it on bricklink!

Also seeing an Alliance AAC-1 like in Battlefront 2 would be pretty awesome!

No, you are not. :laugh:

There is little else that i want more than a new ISD (in the style of 6211). A cloud city maybe... but the time for both is overdue i think. :wink:

I really want some more Death Star/Ewok Village-esque playsets. Ones that would be awesome would be.....

Mos Eisley Spaceport. It would be awesome, my view of it would be..

Mos Eisley Spaceport- 369.99

Minifigures- 2 Dewbacks, 2 Sandtroopers, Luke Skywalker, Obiwan Kenobi, Han Solo, R2-D2, C-3PO, Greedo, Muftak, Kabe, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evasan, Momaw Nadon, the Modal Nodes,4 random people.

Buildings- Mos Eisley Cantina, 4 houses, random building.

Comes with Landspeeder, pen to keep Dewbacks.

LEGO doesn't do random buildings, so we will probably get a $50-100 Mos Eisley Cantina with a landspeeder, with Solo, Greedo, Ponda Baba, Luke, Obi-Wan and hopefully a Bith Band member.

Edited by Gremer

I would like to see an imperial ARC-170 and later an ARC-170 covered in rebel markings as it like the V-Wing survived into the Imperial era and was used by both sides. Also I would like to see an updated republic V-Wing it would look so cool next to the imperial V-Wing and/or the republic arc-170's

That's what I originally said but wesker was like "aw no you can't do that" -_-

It was just an opinion. I find a little redundant having a collectible minifigure line used as an easy way to army build clones, battle droids and stormtroopers when we already have the battlepacks and even the planet sets serving that same purpose.

If you're going to include common figures that people can stock up on, why not focus on the factions that are unlikely to get their own battlepacks? Naboo Soldiers for example, or Mandalorian Police, Nightsisters, Utapauns, Nemoidian Warriors etc. Or focus on various species like Kaminoans, Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Rodians etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is a Collectible Minifigure line should take the opportunity to give us something new and not the 100th battle droid in a new colour. :classic:

LEGO doesn't do random buildings, so we will probably get a $50-100 Mos Eisley Cantina with a landspeeder, with Solo, Greedo, Ponda Baba, Luke, Obi-Wan and hopefully a Bith Band member.

What about seperating the Cantina and Landspeeder into two seperate releases in the same wave, kind of like Jabba's Palace and the Desert Skiff? It would cover a lot more characters this way.

Landspeeder - Luke, Obi-Wan, R2-D2, C-3PO and Tusken Raider(s)

Cantina - Han, Chewbacca, Greedo, Dr Evazan, Ponda Baba, Garindan, Bith Band member, Sandtrooper and Dewback

Edited by wesker

I'd love to see a remake of:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7128_Speeder_Bikes - This set is so simple I'm surprised they haven't considered remaking it.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7200_Final_Duel_I + http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7201_Final_Duel_II - Also very surprised they haven't merged these to make a $20 set.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7657_AT-ST - Or even this!

This was all Episode 6 because I just think that since we're getting more ROTJ sets we could make these. :look: I'm still very confused they have never thought of the before.

And just for my personal want:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7671_AT-AP_Walker - This bad boy! :devil: I got 2 of these once and my clone army was very impressive.

It was just an opinion. I find a little redundant having a collectible minifigure line used as an easy way to army build clones, battle droids and stormtroopers when we already have the battlepacks and even the planet sets serving that same purpose.

If you're going to include common figures that people can stock up on, why not focus on the factions that are unlikely to get their own battlepacks? Naboo Soldiers for example, or Mandalorian Police, Nightsisters, Utapauns, Nemoidian Warriors etc. Or focus on various species like Kaminoans, Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Rodians etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is a Collectible Minifigure line should take the opportunity to give us something new and not the 100th battle droid in a new colour. :classic:

What about seperating the Cantina and Landspeeder into two seperate releases in the same wave, kind of like Jabba's Palace and the Desert Skiff? It would cover a lot more characters this way.

Landspeeder - Luke, Obi-Wan, R2-D2, C-3PO and Tusken Raider(s)

Cantina - Han, Chewbacca, Dr Evazan, Ponda Baba, Garindan, Bith Band member, random alien, Sandtrooper and Dewback

Don't forget Greedo. :wink:

I think TLC became much more predictable with all the recent redesigns. We saw a lot of those in the past couple years. These are the sets that haven't been redesigned for at least 5 years (system sets only / different colour versions counts as one, eg. JSF or Slave I / smaller sets now part of bigger sets don't count, eg. 9494 incorporating Ultimate Lightsaber Duel, or Jabbas Palace containing Jabbas Message etc.):

PT&CW:

MTT (2007)

Hailfire Droid (2008)

Tusken Raider Encounter (2002)

Bounty Hunter Pursuit (2002)

Grevious Chase (2005)

Wookie Catamaran - or anything Wookie-ish (2005)

AT-AP (2008)

Magna Guard Fighter (2008)

V-19 Torrent (2008)

Droid Gunship (2008)

Republic Fighter Tank (2008)

Twilight (2008)

OT

T-16 (2003)

TIE Bomber (2003)

Mos Eisley (2004)

TIE Interceptor (2006)

B-Wing (2006)

Imperial Star Destroyer (2006)

Cloud Car (2002)

Cloud City (2003)

Imperial Shuttle (2005)

Imperial Landing Craft (2007)

We can surely find one or other of these in the next years as redesign. But I'm afraid not the ones only appearing in CW.

While this isn't a future set idea, I believe it's about time that Vader got a helmet redesign. Since LEGO SW began, Vader has had the same helmet/mask piece, which looks fine, but with the evident advancements in minifig and piece detail (particularly rubbery head and hair pieces), LEGO could up their game.

In the new Lone Ranger sets we're seeing a very clever use of smaller-pegged pieces that fit into hair pieces (Tonto's bird, Red's hat). While this idea has been around for a while with feathers in castle crowns and helmets, this is one of the first examples of it being used for a rubbery piece. And it works very well.

So, why can't LEGO make Vader's helmet and mask two separate pieces. The way they could do it is by making the mask have a small amount of the lower mouthpiece, and have that section wrap around the bottom of the head, basically covering up the small neck all Minifigs have. Then, the mask could cover up his face, and the part where the helmet and mask connect in the movies could be at the top, securing it to the head. The back of the mask would be open, and the head could have back printing to show more scars. Then, the helmet could attach the same way as Tonto's bird, with a small peg attaching at the top of the mask.

It would be so cool if LEGO made Vader's helmet and mask separate. Leave the rest of the fig alone, but update the mask, and Vader will be 10 times better than before, and be more up to date with some of the more detailed figures these days.

Don't forget Greedo. :wink:

Thanks. I'm not sure how I forgot about him. :grin:

I think TLC became much more predictable with all the recent redesigns. We saw a lot of those in the past couple years. These are the sets that haven't been redesigned for at least 5 years (system sets only / different colour versions counts as one, eg. JSF or Slave I / smaller sets now part of bigger sets don't count, eg. 9494 incorporating Ultimate Lightsaber Duel, or Jabbas Palace containing Jabbas Message etc.):

PT&CW:

MTT (2007)

Hailfire Droid (2008)

Tusken Raider Encounter (2002)

Bounty Hunter Pursuit (2002)

Grevious Chase (2005)

Wookie Catamaran - or anything Wookie-ish (2005)

AT-AP (2008)

Magna Guard Fighter (2008)

V-19 Torrent (2008)

Droid Gunship (2008)

Republic Fighter Tank (2008)

Twilight (2008)

OT

T-16 (2003)

TIE Bomber (2003)

Mos Eisley (2004)

TIE Interceptor (2006)

B-Wing (2006)

Imperial Star Destroyer (2006)

Cloud Car (2002)

Cloud City (2003)

Imperial Shuttle (2005)

Imperial Landing Craft (2007)

We can surely find one or other of these in the next years as redesign. But I'm afraid not the ones only appearing in CW.

I got a feeling we'll be seeing quite a few of these next year. The B-Wing I think has the strongest chance since we've recently gotten redesigns of the other 3 rebel fighters.

Another thing we should keep in mind is the minifigures. The past couple years Lego has been sure to have each of the main heroes available every year. If Lego were to continue this cycle (with at least one new Padme and two new Luke and Leia figures) it may help to narrow down the possibilities of whats in store for us.

While this isn't a future set idea, I believe it's about time that Vader got a helmet redesign. Since LEGO SW began, Vader has had the same helmet/mask piece, which looks fine, but with the evident advancements in minifig and piece detail (particularly rubbery head and hair pieces), LEGO could up their game.

In the new Lone Ranger sets we're seeing a very clever use of smaller-pegged pieces that fit into hair pieces (Tonto's bird, Red's hat). While this idea has been around for a while with feathers in castle crowns and helmets, this is one of the first examples of it being used for a rubbery piece. And it works very well.

So, why can't LEGO make Vader's helmet and mask two separate pieces. The way they could do it is by making the mask have a small amount of the lower mouthpiece, and have that section wrap around the bottom of the head, basically covering up the small neck all Minifigs have. Then, the mask could cover up his face, and the part where the helmet and mask connect in the movies could be at the top, securing it to the head. The back of the mask would be open, and the head could have back printing to show more scars. Then, the helmet could attach the same way as Tonto's bird, with a small peg attaching at the top of the mask.

It would be so cool if LEGO made Vader's helmet and mask separate. Leave the rest of the fig alone, but update the mask, and Vader will be 10 times better than before, and be more up to date with some of the more detailed figures these days.

I like the idea! Yet we are suggesting sets unless I'm wrong :sceptic: . Also I wouldn't like the new helmet if it is going to be like Iron Man all over again :thumbdown: . I think they should just have leg printing for Vader and bring back chromed lightsabers. :wub:

I like the idea! Yet we are suggesting sets unless I'm wrong :sceptic: . Also I wouldn't like the new helmet if it is going to be like Iron Man all over again :thumbdown: . I think they should just have leg printing for Vader and bring back chromed lightsabers. :wub:

Leg printing, yes.

And I'm not suggesting an Iron Man helmet sorta thing. I'm suggesting more of a Tonto sorta thing, but instead of the bird, you have the helmet, and instead of hair its the mask. It would just look so much better.

If Lego ever did a Naboo royal starship, I would be most appreciative. I realize all the naysayers claim that Lego would never do it because they would have to do chrome pieces, which would be too expensive, but they wouldn't -- the ship would look fine with a brushed aluminum look, which is what hasbro did with their version back in 1999. Lego has used pearl grey for various parts before, and I think pearl grey would be a good match to replicate a brushed aluminum look. Not holding my breath, but still, it would be nice to see a ship never done before, instead of yet even more retreads.

Edited by Studebricker

If Lego ever did a Naboo royal starship, I would be most appreciative. I realize all the naysayers claim that Lego would never do it because they would have to do chrome pieces, which would be too expensive, but they wouldn't -- the ship would look fine with a brushed aluminum look, which is what hasbro did with their version back in 1999. Lego has used pearl grey for various parts before, and I think pearl grey would be a good match to replicate a brushed aluminum look. Not holding my breath, but still, it would be nice to see a ship never done before, instead of yet even more retreads.

I think that the curves and overall sleekness will be a massive problem in the lego recreation of it too, unfortunately. Unless people are satisfied with a more blocky model, although I don't see that happening...

I'd love to see a remake of:

http://lego.wikia.co...8_Speeder_Bikes - This set is so simple I'm surprised they haven't considered remaking it.

http://lego.wikia.co...00_Final_Duel_I + http://lego.wikia.co...1_Final_Duel_II - Also very surprised they haven't merged these to make a $20 set.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7657_AT-ST - Or even this!

This was all Episode 6 because I just think that since we're getting more ROTJ sets we could make these. :look: I'm still very confused they have never thought of the before.

And just for my personal want:

http://lego.wikia.co...71_AT-AP_Walker - This bad boy! :devil: I got 2 of these once and my clone army was very impressive.

In the case of the speeder bikes it was done with Ewok Attack (7956), Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack (9489), and The Battle of Endor (8038). As for the Final Dual sets, weren't they worked in with the Death Star Play set and the UCS Imperial Shuttle? As for another AT-ST it's inevitable, heres hoping Lego will finally make one that fits two minifigs in it. I also think a AT-TP will be back in a few waves with in the next couple of years, along with a non CW Turbo Tank.

Edited by Knightsword

This needs to be done! There needs to be a set with this Clone wars figure variation in it in 2014!:

[snip]

I prefer a Revenge of the Sith version. Sidious wears the exact same costume as in the Clone Wars, just he wouldn't come with the crappy anime face.

ra6r91.png

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts.

I prefer a Revenge of the Sith version. Sidious wears the exact same costume as in the Clone Wars, just he wouldn't come with the crappy anime face.

[snip]

That would be ideal as the 2010 one is alright for original trilogy but doesn't look enough like rots palpatine. A flesh emperor is what we need in 2014 rots sets I say! We've had clones sets now we need a wave of more rots sets!

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts. Also fixed posting new content inside the quote.