darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

How about these for 2012/13:

10XXX UCS RGS: minifig scale, with 2 Aqua clone troopers, Rex, Hardcase, Kix, Jesse, and Dogma from the Umbara arc, plus two pilots.

XXXX Battle in the Tubes: The water tubes from the Mon Calamari arc. Comes with Ahsoka (Aqua gear), Prince Lee-Char, 4 Aqua droids, 1 Republic Undersea speeder

I can't see either of these happen...

The UCS, because if they do a UCS RGS it would have to from the movies as it has to be iconic from the movies due to it being aimed at older audience.

As for the second idea, Lego hate to release locations, and that's why a "Battle of Mon Calamari" set is more plausible, because it's with vehicles, not with a location like the tubes would be.

I can't see either of these happen...

The UCS, because if they do a UCS RGS it would have to from the movies as it has to be iconic from the movies due to it being aimed at older audience.

As for the second idea, Lego hate to release locations, and that's why a "Battle of Mon Calamari" set is more plausible, because it's with vehicles, not with a location like the tubes would be.

1. I am an adult, and I grew up with the PT, so I am a living example of how your point is wrong. I would definitely buy a UCS RGS, as it is iconic to me.

2. The tubes are a type of vehicle, and frankly, I don't see a set with three tiny, 30-piece vehicles with some minifigs making up a set. :sadnew: The best solution would have the tubes and the speeders with some minifigs, but I don't see that happening either. The most likely solution would be to have a set with a Trident Assault Craft, and that inspired me to suggest the following set:

XXXX Battle of Mon Cala: Trident Assault Craft, 6 Aqua Droids, Ventress, Ahsoka, Underwater Clone Trooper. Also includes Ahsoka's speeder.

And some more suggestions:

XXXXX UCS Probe Droid: 'Nuff said.

XXXX Battle of Kamino: Alternate set of Battle of Mon Cala. Slightly more likely. Trident Assault Craft, 8 Aqua Droids, ARC, 2x Clone Trooper, Echo, Fives.

XXXX Shuttle Escape: The shuttle that blew up and killed Echo, Figs: Echo (ARC gear), Fives (ARC gear), Obi-Wan (S3), Ahsoka (S3), 2 Commando Droids with shields, Battle Droid with Rocket Launcher

These all seem likely except the Shuttle Escape which has way too many figs. But I couldn't think of a better combination for that set. Oh, and one more, the most important:

XXXXX UCS Republic Attack Shuttle: Two Pilots and Rex, with an accurate shuttle. This wouldn't be 'iconic', but it would be a great set.

I would love to see a UCS Venator Star Destroyer implemented along the lines of 10030 or 10221 (without the minifigs). The year when the 3D version of ROTS is released would be an launch time for such a set.

Since this thread is more about "stuff I want" than "stuff we're likely to see,"

The implication is (was) that the suggestions be plausible, but then people kept naming $40 sets with a dozen minifigures and every single episode of THE Clone Wars as a set so this thread fell apart.

Yeah, pretty much - the same basic idea, anyway, in that it would be an "ultimate" set that essentially recreated every scene that takes place in or immediately around the Millennium Falcon, anywhere throughout the OT, even featuring alternate parts to build it as it appears either before the addition of additional landing gear (in A New Hope) or afterward (in the other two movies).

Considering that the interior of the Falcon is considerably larger than the exterior as it is, this would have to be a mighty big Falcon,at least over a meter wide. *oh2*:drool:

Considering that the interior of the Falcon is considerably larger than the exterior as it is, this would have to be a mighty big Falcon,at least over a meter wide. *oh2*:drool:

Possibly, though it would depend upon in which direction they fudged things from the already-fudged interior sets and exterior mock-up from the live action photography for the original movies - scaling down the interior or scaling up the exterior, or a mix of both (aside from the usual challenges in recreating for minifigures things designed for the proportions of real human beings).

Lots and lots of ideas here! Here are some of mine:

XXXX Kamino Landing platform. Figs: Jango, Boba, Obi-wan, Kaminoan. Small landing platform with elevator and JSF.

XXXX Droid Assault Craft. The one from TCW S3 and S4. Figs: ARF, Clone Trooper, 4 Aqua Droids.

XXXX Battle of Geonosis. Some small clone carrier and a small Geonosian sonic cannon. Figs: 8 clones, 1 clone commander, 1 clone pilot, 2 Geonosians. Similar to 2011's Battle of Naboo.

XXXX Clone Troopers vs Aqua Droids BP. Figs: 2 Aqua clone troopers, 2 aqua droids. Aqua clone trooper speeder and aqua droid speeder from the first three episodes of S4 of TCW.

XXXX Final Duel. Maul vs Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in the reactor room.

XXXX Battle for Kashyyk. 2 Wookies vs. spider droid and 7 battle droids. Comes with Wookie fluttercraft.

XXXX Clone Troopers vs Jedi BP. 2 random Jedi vs two random 501st clone troopers. Comes with small part of Jedi Temple hallway.

XXXX Order 66. Playset-style vignettes. One for Mygeeto, one for Felucia, and one for the Jedi Temple. Figs: Commander Bacara, Commander Bly, Commander Appo, Yellow Clone Trooper, Galactic Marine, 501st Trooper, Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, Dark Anakin, random Jedi youngling.

XXXX Invisible Hand. Grievous, Magna Guards, and Dooku vs Anakin and Obi-Wan. Features control room and room with Palpy chained to a chair.

XXXX Octuparra droid. Figs: Ki-Adi Mundi, 2 Galactic Marines.

That's it for now! Expect OT ideas to come soon from me!

Great ideas!

I would like to add Bail Organa's Speeder w/501st Troopers and jedi to that for $20-30. Also a Blockcade runner PT w/Yoda, Bail Organa, Obi Wan, Padme Pregnant. Although TLG is really starting to shift focus to a conflict style of sets now I noticed.

Great ideas!

I would like to add Bail Organa's Speeder w/501st Troopers and jedi to that for $20-30. Also a Blockcade runner PT w/Yoda, Bail Organa, Obi Wan, Padme Pregnant. Although TLG is really starting to shift focus to a conflict style of sets now I noticed.

Hmmmmm. Good ideas! Here's some more from me:

XXXX Grievous Battle. Platform, Boga, wheel bike, Grievous (EP III), Obi-Wan (the one from the 2012 set Anakin's Jedi Interceptor), 2 BDs.

And the promised OT ideas:

XXXX MIDI Death Star. Name says it all.

XXXX Endgame (sorry, best name I could think of). Palpatine's throne room with shaft and elevator. Figs: Luke (Jedi), Darth Vader, Palpatine, 2 Royal Guards

XXXX Skiff Escape. Figs: Luke, Han (with reversible 'blind' face), Gammorean Guard, Lando, Boba Fett, Chewie. Skiff with plank and Sarlacc. Sarlacc has 'swallow' function, and skiff can throw off Boba.

That's it for OT (for now), now on to EU:

XXXX The Gorog. Players of TFU2 will know what I'm talking about. For those who haven't played the game, here's the wiki page. 'Figs: Starkiller, Baron Tarko, General Kota. The Baron's viewing platform and the Gorog.

That's all for today.

Last night I watched the new clone wars episode and I have not been satisfied with the series and stopped watching but with the new episode last night's show was great and gave alot of new set ideas...

The Umbara starfighter

The Umbara cannon

Umbara Sarlac pit

This republic starfighter that looks like a X-wing

General Krell

And 501st troopers with captain rex and fives how grand would that be but there still more to come :grin:

Edited by North Lego Star

Last night I watched the new clone wars episode and I have not been satisfied with the series and stopped watching but with the new episode last night's show was great and gave alot of new set ideas...

The Umbara starfighter

The Umbara cannon

Umbara Sarlac pit

General Krell

And 501st troopers with captain rex and fives how grand would that be but there still more to come :grin:

the republic fighter is Z-85 Headhunter and looks sweet...

The Umbara starfighter

The Umbara cannon

Umbara Sarlac pit

General Krell

This belongs in the Future Star Wars Sets thread. I'll move this and related posts shortly.

Please keep the discussion in this thread to the rumoured sets. Thanks.

This belongs in the Future Star Wars Sets thread. I'll move this and related posts shortly.

Please keep the discussion in this thread to the rumoured sets. Thanks.

Thanks for stepping in Ru, I've moved all wishlist posts to the proper thread. :wink:

Z-85? Whatever happened to the Z-95?

Presumably the Z-85 comes between the ARC 170 and the Z-95, or it's a mistake.

Presumably the Z-85 comes between the ARC 170 and the Z-95, or it's a mistake.

Actually, I think the Z95 was produced before the 170.

Z-85? Whatever happened to the Z-95?

The Z-85 is a prototype to the Z-95 I believe, which itself is strange, due to the Z-95 being a prototype to the X-Wing. Correct me on that if I am wrong...

I'd like all the movie planets to be covered first. Then start the CW and retreads.

That makes sense to me, although I could see TLG (& LFL) wanting to do a lot of CW stuff while it's the most "current" SW production.

My personal preference would be for an emphasis on not just the movie worlds, but the OT worlds specifically. :wink:

My personal preference would be for an emphasis on not just the movie worlds, but the OT worlds specifically. :wink:

Same here, but a quick brain-browse just came up with the following:

Tatooine

Death Star

(Alderaan) - no one really cares about this one and I wonder what minifig or ship this should be connected to

Yavin IV

Hoth

Dagobah

(Asteroid) - the chances for this are minimal

Bespin

Endor

Not that much left there. Yavin IV, Hoth, Dagobah. Suddenly I realise there was only one new planet in E6! I can't wait for that Cloud Car btw, it's just damn cute!

(Alderaan) - no one really cares about this one and I wonder what minifig or ship this should be connected to

[luke] *I* care. [/luke]

:wink::tongue:

I think a mini Tantive IV would work for that, actually...

[luke] *I* care. [/luke]

:wink::tongue:

I think a mini Tantive IV would work for that, actually...

Yeah, with Leia. That would be most likely at least.

How about Naboo with Boss Nass and the Gungan sub.

Also, Yavin 4 should have a Y-Wing with Dutch Vander or any other pilot, Hoth should have an AT-AT with a driver, or Veers, and Dagobah should have Yoda and his escape pod.

I care a lot.

lego_alderaan.png

Alderaan is incredibly important, it showcases the Death Star's laser which creates all the tension for the second half of Episode IV. It's destruction was very memorable.

Yeah, with Leia. That would be most likely at least.

How about Naboo with Boss Nass and the Gungan sub.

Also, Yavin 4 should have a Y-Wing with Dutch Vander or any other pilot, Hoth should have an AT-AT with a driver, or Veers, and Dagobah should have Yoda and his escape pod.

I think Luke's X-Wing would be a preferable choice for Dagobah, even if Yoda would be the more obvious minifigure over Luke (or Artoo) - perhaps a version built to look covered in swamp muck and greenery, as it did when Yoda lifted it from the water.

But perhaps we could get both, if this sub-theme becomes a raging success (hey, we can dream, right?). Some worlds would work with a whole slew of models. For example, Tatooine alone could have...

• Sebulba's podracer and Sebulba (as we're actually getting)
  • Anakin's podracer and Anakin
  • any other podracer and its driver
  • a Sandcrawler and a Jawa
  • a Bantha (mini-critter? why not?) and a Tusken Raider
  • Luke's landspeeder and Luke
  • a T-16 Skyhopper and Luke (or better yet, Biggs!)
  • the Millennium Falcon and Han (or Chewie)
  • an Imperial landing craft and sandtrooper
  • an escape pod and Artoo or Threepio

... or still others.

I'd love a small Tantive IV, B-Wing, and MF....I don't care what crappy planet it comes with..I'll buy it. :)

Edited by blue leader