darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

I can definitely see the Mois Eisly cantina as a plausible set, the bar with the barkeep, three tables, all enclosed inside a nice looking tatooine building that can be opened by hinges, comes with luke, obi-wan, han, chewy, stormtrooper, then you could also put in two cantina band members and Ponda Babba. And a dewback for good measure.

I can see it happening as a set, just not anytime soon. I'm sure TLG's going to continue to do roughly half of each wave as CW sets and the other half will probably go towards the 3D releases. Maybe a couple OT sets thrown in here and there, but I'd think they'd make those iconic reissues. (not that I'd be complaining if TLG proved me wrong)

I can see it happening as a set, just not anytime soon. I'm sure TLG's going to continue to do roughly half of each wave as CW sets and the other half will probably go towards the 3D releases. Maybe a couple OT sets thrown in here and there, but I'd think they'd make those iconic reissues. (not that I'd be complaining if TLG proved me wrong)

Yeah, I think the line will be dominated by CW, the movie currently in theaters, and the movie about to be released in theaters. We will be lucky to get two OT sets a year besides UCS sets.

Edited by StoutFiles

The Phantom Menace is about to get a LOT of love if that's the case. Assuming of course that January's wave includes even more TPM sets.

Assuming of course that January's wave includes even more TPM sets.

I think it will. As others have said, we're due for a remakes of some of the original Menace sets, and with the movie in theaters I doubt TLG would keep the new Gungan mold to one set. (personally, not that excited, though a Queen Amidala minifig could change that)

Definitely. If there's one scene remaining that deserves justice from Lego, it has to be that one. If the license ends someday without a more definitive Mos Eisley set being made, there will be a lot of angry collectors out there (myself included).

i also would like to see a bigger Mos Eisley cantina with more characters. and the band in there, if possible.

I think it will. As others have said, we're due for a remakes of some of the original Menace sets, and with the movie in theaters I doubt TLG would keep the new Gungan mold to one set. (personally, not that excited, though a Queen Amidala minifig could change that)

I think a redone gungan sub would be great, if it wasn't mentioned already. Another jar-jar to collect!

I think a redone gungan sub would be great, if it wasn't mentioned already. Another jar-jar to collect!

If they do make some new Gungan sets, maybe it is time for a Boss Nass minifig?

I thought that the New Gungan Head was the same mold but was just printed?

- Battle Of The 2nd Death Star (anyone got a better name?)

Battle of Endor? :wink:

I higly doubt TLG would do a collection of ships as a set including a ship that's already worth $100+ on its own. And why Blackhole troopers?

Because The LEGO Group knows that some kids buy sets for the minifigures? :tongue:

Am I the only one that doesn't want an Ion Cannon? It's much too big, just look at it compared to a turret.

I'd be interested in an Ion Cannon if it were constructed such that it could open up to reveal a control station with that female operator. What I'm trying to say is, it's got playset potential. I'm guessing they would probably throw in Rieekan or some other rare minifigure as well so it would sell.

It's actually from the Special Edition of ANH, not TPM. I don't believe we saw any classic vehicles in TPM.

I'm fairly certain Luke's X-34 was seen on Tatooine with a green paint job at one point(yes, it is the very same model). :wink: And the Radiant VII is based off a preliminary model of the Falcon, so there's that as well...

Because The LEGO Group knows that some kids buy sets for the minifigures? :tongue:

But neither minifig would be new or exclusive. (we're talking about Blackhole vs. TIE PIlot, right?)

But neither minifig would be new or exclusive. (we're talking about Blackhole vs. TIE PIlot, right?)

Hmm... I was under the assumption that Blackhole troopers, being in less sets, would be in greater demand. But in that case I guess one of these would be more preferable.

i for one feel the hot series has run it's course. there's enough of it out now that it's easy to make a good moc out of it.

the next series of battlepacks should include endor rebels and storrmtroopers. it's disgraceful that we haven't had stormtroopers since the first set of battlepacks.

i'd also appreciate a tie bomber or interceptor remake, republic hovertank remake, and if they want to continue having a EU set every few waves a jedi stealth-x with jain solo or chiss clawcraft with jag fel :cry_happy:

i would love jag and jaina figures so very much :cry_happy:

i'd also appreciate a tie bomber or interceptor remake, republic hovertank remake, and if they want to continue having a EU set every few waves a jedi stealth-x with jain solo or chiss clawcraft with jag fel default_cry_happy.gif

i would love jag and jaina figures so very much default_cry_happy.gif

Meh- I'd prefer a Mara Jade or Coorran Horn fig before we get into anyone else.

Personally, LEGO's best oppurtunities for EU sets was when Legacy of the Force was in full bloom. It was a really hyped series, and for good reason- not only did it have lots of action, but it brought back many of the classic OT charecters after being gone for a bit of a hiatus. Unfortunatly, that series has past, and I don't think Fate of the Jedi has nearly as much oppurtunities for sets.

Meh- I'd prefer a Mara Jade or Coorran Horn fig before we get into anyone else.

Personally, LEGO's best oppurtunities for EU sets was when Legacy of the Force was in full bloom. It was a really hyped series, and for good reason- not only did it have lots of action, but it brought back many of the classic OT charecters after being gone for a bit of a hiatus. Unfortunatly, that series has past, and I don't think Fate of the Jedi has nearly as much oppurtunities for sets.

actually the jade shadow with mara, luke, and ben would make a nice set too.

unfortunately i doubt lego will ever make a set with no visual media to reference so it's doubtful they make anything strictly from the books. it's a shame too because there are much more interesting characters and plenty of good ships that could make nice sets

actually the jade shadow with mara, luke, and ben would make a nice set too.

unfortunately i doubt lego will ever make a set with no visual media to reference so it's doubtful they make anything strictly from the books. it's a shame too because there are much more interesting characters and plenty of good ships that could make nice sets

There are pictures of the Jade Shadow, but I too seriously doubt TLG is going to do another EU set anytime soon. They don't sell well.

With TPM out next year, does anyone expect us to see a re-release of the MTT? I know traditionally Lego don't re-release sets for a few years but times are obviously a little different now with having a regular weekly cartoon and having all the films coming out on the cinema.

I think their usual approach will alter. I sort of hope so, as i missed out on that set before and am loathed to pay the ebay/bricklink prices.

With TPM out next year, does anyone expect us to see a re-release of the MTT? I know traditionally Lego don't re-release sets for a few years but times are obviously a little different now with having a regular weekly cartoon and having all the films coming out on the cinema.

I think their usual approach will alter. I sort of hope so, as i missed out on that set before and am loathed to pay the ebay/bricklink prices.

More likely expecting a Fambaa with Shield generator and some gungans and maybe one of their catapults or more Kaadu's. Also, maybe a Naboo-troops or Gungan battlepack. Another simple episode 1 set would be a Gian Speeder (V-19 landspeeder)and to round it of a UCS (or in miniaturized minifigure style like Republic Frigate and Tantive IV) version of Droid Control ship (Lucrehulk-class battleship)

Any of these sets would take my preference over a new MTT or AAT to be honest.

I'm pretty sure we will get a mtt. Either on the first or the second wave. They won't miss an opportunity to sell us cheap battledroids as minifigures (i'm ok with that) instead of creating new molds for a big creature.

Dont forget that we got a new naboo fighter this year, and the last one (7660) came out the same year that 7662, the last mtt.

Edit: i also believe we will get new kaadus and a new AAT.

Edited by Petit-bleu

I like the idea of a Droid Control Ship. Although personally I would rather see one in playset style:

Rooms could include the bridge, hangar, and meeting room. Minifigs: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, TC-14 (chrome!), Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, battle droids, droidekas

Another fantastic set would be either Anakin's slave hovel or Watto's shop. Anything from Tatooine and having to do with Episode 1 is a winner in my book!

Dont forget that we got a new naboo fighter this year, and the last one (7660) came out the same year that 7662, the last mtt.

Indeed. I would think an MTT would be possible only because it's a larger vehicle ($100+ price range) that's seen a lot and isn't covered in chrome.

A few ideas for the supposed TPM wave:

A new tan AAT- it's long overdue, we all know it.

A new MTT- though I doubt they'll be able to best the 2007 one.

A new Flash Speeder- prefferably with some Naboo gaurds.

A new Gungan Patrol- the Droid Carrier was ncie, but we need more dinosaur poniess kaduus, maybe even a fambaa.

Theed- We desperatly need a Theed playset to finish Naboo. Or get ACPin to build us all models, whichever works.

Droid Control Station- I'm honestly shocked we haven't had any varient of this. A midi model, perhaps?

New Padme figs- We all want them- admit it.

A few ideas for the supposed TPM wave:

A new tan AAT- it's long overdue, we all know it.

A new MTT- though I doubt they'll be able to best the 2007 one.

A new Flash Speeder- prefferably with some Naboo guards.

A new Gungan Patrol- the Droid Carrier was nice, but we need more dinosaur ponies kaduus, maybe even a fambaa.

Theed- We desperately need a Theed playset to finish Naboo. Or get ACPin to build us all models, whichever works.

Droid Control Station- I'm honestly shocked we haven't had any variant of this. A midi model, perhaps?

New Padme figs- We all want them- admit it.

-The AAT should be brown as it's the same colour as the MTT.

-No need for a new MTT just do a re sell of it with the new print figs and a a new droidika.

-As a small Plo Koon's starfighter or Imperial V-wing size and priced set.

-Dinosaur ponies *huh* the kaduus are birds :grin:. But a fambaa mold yes we do need.

-A Hoth Rebel Base size set (the old one not this one). Have you got a million pounds to give him :wink:.

-What's one of them?

-No we don't, we want clones and droids and armies not politics :laugh:.

-The AAT should be brown as it's the same colour as the MTT.

:sceptic:

509px-AAT.jpg

They're obviously tan and lighter than the MTTs.

:sceptic:

They're obviously tan and lighter than the MTTs.

I suppose so however they still look more brown than tan, and TLG tan is far to light.