WhySoSerious?

New Castle Sets Coming In 2008???

Aparentley lots of people are talking about new castle sets coming in 2008 such as a Skellon Castle and the Kings Ship!!! I dont know if this true but if it is i cant wait!!! :-D

Edited by Josh Madge

Welcome to EB Josh. So far as I know those are all just rumors, we don't even know if there will be Castle 2k8 or if it's just a one-off. Hopefully, cause I'd like to see a King's Ship.

I really hope to see some more Castle sets and I'm pretty sure we will since that line has so much potential !!

The dwarf mine comein out in '08 so there will be new sets hehe !!

I'll move this to the right forum ;-)

*yoda*

I hope there are new Castle sets. I really like this new theme, mainly for the 'human' parts (not a big fan of the Skeleton armies, but still). The King's Castle is almost as good as some of the older castles in design. It truely shows the potential of how good Lego could be if they got their old design style back. Awesome figures + New colors = Amazing looking sets. Imagine a new PIRATES line, with good cool new figures and designs similar to the old ones? It could easily be better than the original Pirate line.

Seems that Lego would continue this line. The new theme is rather nice and a great improvement over KK. I particularly like the figs and very much looking forward to the Dwarf Mine.

The Skeleton Ship is among my favorite set of the line-up so far.

PS. And welcome to EB JM. Sounds like you're a castle fan. Good to see you posting on the History & Adventure Forum.

Yes, castle 2007 is nice, especially the figs, wich I like alot! But the buildings, the carriages, the siege weapons.. I think they still can't match the classics. It was a step in the right direction, now TLC should keep stepping.

So I hope they will improve those in 2008!

BTW, welcome to EB Mr Madge!

Mr Tiber

Personally, I think that there will be more Castle sets in 2008. I want to see more about the goblins, the trolls and the dwarfs. Plus, I'd like new races such as elfs and at least one new human faction, possibly evil ones. My hope is that Castle won't end up like Vikings: 5 sets in 2005 and 3 sets in 2006, one of them being a chess set. I hope that Castle will run for at least three years, like KK. This line has a lot of potential and shows that Lego is going back to its roots, but with the addition of a fantasy feel that I love. This line MUST sell well, people! Buy, buy, buy!

But, just out of curiousity...where did you find "King's ship" and "Skeleton Castle"?

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

There is still room for Lego to improve. The new King's Castle is at least designed in the old style, but it still uses a few <insert that tiresome argument> lazy pieces. Its rooms need to have a bit more life as well, as right now, from what I have seen in pictures, they seem kind of empty.

I'm excited about the trolls and dwarfs. But I don't like the new Castle at all, it's too open and airy and doesn't have the solid feel of a castle. If they'd make a castle in the older vein, or in a modular construct like with Cafe Corner I'd be all over it. I'd love to have the option to buy a Keep, a bunch of wall segments, some towers, a smithy, a stable, maybe a guard house etc. and then put them how I want. I mean, that's what I usually do when I build a castle anyway.

I'm excited about the trolls and dwarfs. But I don't like the new Castle at all, it's too open and airy and doesn't have the solid feel of a castle. If they'd make a castle in the older vein, or in a modular construct like with Cafe Corner I'd be all over it. I'd love to have the option to buy a Keep, a bunch of wall segments, some towers, a smithy, a stable, maybe a guard house etc. and then put them how I want. I mean, that's what I usually do when I build a castle anyway.

Beside the troubles with big <insert that tiresome argument> parts (the times of 1x2 grey bricks for walls