- Crane raising

- Outriggers

- Tilting bed

- Pump compressor

Pneumatic functions:

- Second axle wheel lift

- Opening arm

Little description:

Initially I thought of doing a completely different front, but in the end I preferred to use the one of the main model (with minor modifications). This allowed me to save beams and axles, the latter used to implement other functions.

A big problem has been to design the rotation of the crane, not so much for the system, but for the arrangement in the cabin (under the seats is quite intricate because of HOG, crane rotation and stabilizer functions).

Some pics:

Outriggers

14w7rm.jpg

Crane

2rwm9f8.jpg

Back View

21m9aiq.jpg

Leftover parts

2ni5zc3.jpg

Hope You like it!!!

Thanks again for your support!

Youtube Video:

Edited by MrTekneex

Nice work. Aside from the jerky dump bed, the whole model seems a lot more stable than the original A model

Good looks and part use!

And well done on all the functions in a small place.

The only downside i see is the placement of the crane rotation - straight through the cabine...

Amazing amount of functions! And it alos looks great. One of the best C models I ever saw.

Too much kind, mate!

Really Thank you!

Nice work. Aside from the jerky dump bed, the whole model seems a lot more stable than the original A model

Thank you! Problem solved with a glue of silicon spray over the LA ;)

Good looks and part use!

And well done on all the functions in a small place.

The only downside i see is the placement of the crane rotation - straight through the cabine...

Thank you! The lack of a turntable was a big problem in every way this time :(

This is so much better than the A or the B models. I'm amazed at the small amount of left over parts too. Really nice work!

If LEGO would have released your MOC as the main model of the 42008 set I would have bought it ! Very nice MOC with great functions and great design.

What an excellent model! I just recently built the B-model for this set, which I thought was pretty good, but you've certainly outdone it.

(And who needs the Arocs when you could have this? :tongue: It does almost all the same things.)

In the meanwhile you play in the same C-model league as Natanael Kuipers and Tomik - really - and this is the highest praising i could give you...

Really great C-Model. Why buy an Arocs when we can just built this :classic:

Spectacular! really an awesome creation!

Do you have already the instruction ready?

Thank you very much! No, but it is designed to create them in the future.

Probably I'll put them in the queue after my next C-model, from 42030.

In the meanwhile you play in the same C-model league as Natanael Kuipers and Tomik - really - and this is the highest praising i could give you...

It 's really the best kudos that I can get! Thanks a lot Kumbbl! :classic: :classic: :classic:

What an excellent model! I just recently built the B-model for this set, which I thought was pretty good, but you've certainly outdone it.

(And who needs the Arocs when you could have this? :tongue: It does almost all the same things.)

Really great C-Model. Why buy an Arocs when we can just built this :classic:

Thank you very much guys!!! But....We all know why we have to get 42043 ;)

Much better than the A model. Great work!

Really thank you!

This is so much better than the A or the B models. I'm amazed at the small amount of left over parts too. Really nice work!

Thanks a lot!! In fact, is another my goal to use the majority of possible pieces . :thumbup:

If LEGO would have released your MOC as the main model of the 42008 set I would have bought it ! Very nice MOC with great functions and great design.

Oh really thank you! So now you'll buy it, right? :laugh:

Wow, you've built awesome alternate that is even more playable than original model. I'm curious how crane rotation works - would you describe it? I guess you've used some kind of crank.

One of the best C-models there is, truly amazing work, I really need instructions for this Technic marvel :)

One of the best C-models there is, truly amazing work, I really need instructions for this Technic marvel :)

Very great model. Well done.

Thank you guys! BI are planned, The publication depends on when I finish "42030 C-model". :blush: Maybe in May..

Wow, you've built awesome alternate that is even more playable than original model. I'm curious how crane rotation works - would you describe it? I guess you've used some kind of crank.

Really thank you master! I used this "rude" solution ;)

Unfortunately the crane can only rotate about 90°with this system.

335fgc8.jpg

Edited by MrTekneex

Thank you guys! BI are planned, The publication depends on when I finish "42030 C-model". :blush: Maybe in May..

Oh great, there's another set I'll have to buy in the summer! :tongue:

I am eagerly looking forward to instructions to both that C-Model and this 42008 one. :thumbup:

Dear MrTekneex,

It just amazes me on how you could come up with superb alternative models from existing sets, everytime.

Saying that, existing sets has a finite number of pieces (i.e limitation) to source from. Unlike Lego designers, they design almost freehand from large stash of parts.

Once again, keep up the amazing job. Looking forward for instruction in May.

Cheers.

Dear MrTekneex,

It just amazes me on how you could come up with superb alternative models from existing sets, everytime.

Saying that, existing sets has a finite number of pieces (i.e limitation) to source from. Unlike Lego designers, they design almost freehand from large stash of parts.

Once again, keep up the amazing job. Looking forward for instruction in May.

Cheers.

Thank you so much for these kind words !!! :wub:

In fact I prefer to build alternative versions: I find it more exciting. :thumbup:

I would really like, one day, to work for LEGO, but it is very difficult to enter in the designer team ... it's a dream. :purrr: