Art Deco is one of my favorite architectural styles and you captured it perfectly.

Great job.

Really stunning, again a masterpiece! I love the absolutely clean looks, outside and inside. This and the color choices/stripes make it instantly recognizable as one of yours. My favorite part is the facade above the main entrance.

As you might know I'm a huge fan of your Art Deco style buildings but this really is a big like. It all looks so smooth and clean but when you take a look at the details you may see how much effort went into this. A perfect MOC. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments, sorry I can't respond to them all!

What I will say for a MOC as as 'quick and experimental' interim project whilst waiting for a delivery of bricks, the response has been so kind. It took some learning to love, especially after it falling on the floor several times during construction as the exterior is not the most stable.

Perhaps one day I'll get to south beach to see for myself all the great buildings there, I'm pretty sure google streetview doesn't do it justice! :laugh:

Can we play "count the exposed studs?" The design is so fluid that it barely looks like it's built with Lego! Terrific model and very inspirational.

Can we play "count the exposed studs?" The design is so fluid that it barely looks like it's built with Lego! Terrific model and very inspirational.

(I've got 24 including the catsup and mustard bottles)

Edited by ecmo47

Superb work...what a triumph! You have captured the style and design of art-deco perfectly. Your elevations and massing is spot on and with some very clever build techniques too!

This is so beautiful! I instantly thought of Ocean Drive and it brought back many pleasant memories! The interior is also just perfect. It has that warm and inviting diner atmosphere! I wish real restaurants only had booths. That is the kind of seating I prefer! Hahahaha awesome MOC!

It's an amazing design. My favourite detail is the colour scheme. You really have a way of mixing the right colours. The tan, white and blue combination is perfect for a coastal style. The interior is really inspiring with the seating plan and the bar. I'm always looking forward to your MOCs.

Absolutely stunning! This coming from a Miami local! :classic:

Thank you very much, it's an especially great compliment from a resident!

Also thanks again to everyone for all the kind words, I read them all, a word of thanks to the admins for the Front page! :blush:

This MOC is gorgeous and brings back memories of my vacation to Miami last year. Really captures the feel and style, and even showing friends who aren't huge Lego fans picked up right away that it was styled with Miami in mind. I just love this MOC!!

While I do not know much about the Miami art deco buildings, there is no doubt that this is a beautiful example of brickmade art deco. You keep amaze people with your MOCs, Snaillad. Well... At least it amazes me over and over again. This building has got beautiful colours and interesting architectural details. And I am happy you were persuaded to make the interior. It is really a big part of your MOCs.