TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

It's a bit frustrating seeing so many puzzles that require so many different characters. As much much as I want all those gold bricks I don't see myself buying that many packs.

It has been interesting watching the minifigure previews in game. Interestingly in the Doc Brown preview video it shows him inside the Titanic briefly. Any ideas what portion of the game that's coming from?

It's a bit frustrating seeing so many puzzles that require so many different characters. As much much as I want all those gold bricks I don't see myself buying that many packs.

It has been interesting watching the minifigure previews in game. Interestingly in the Doc Brown preview video it shows him inside the Titanic briefly. Any ideas what portion of the game that's coming from?

I haven't watched that one yet, but *spoilers* in the ghostbusters level there is a secret room which is a ship

Er... Doctor Who? There was a Christmas special with a space-titanic, so, maybe?

Does anybody know how to get the silver Cyberman head that's hiding in the rafters in An Unwanted Upgrade? I can't seem to reach it on my flying Turret.

Does anybody know how to get the silver Cyberman head that's hiding in the rafters in An Unwanted Upgrade? I can't seem to reach it on my flying Turret.

I used Wicked Witch from Oz...

It's a bit frustrating seeing so many puzzles that require so many different characters. As much much as I want all those gold bricks I don't see myself buying that many packs

You'd be wise not to. This kind of thing could easily turn into an addiction and you don't want to find yourself short of money because you spent a load on Dimensions packs.

Er... Doctor Who? There was a Christmas special with a space-titanic, so, maybe?

Voyage of the Damned. It was just called the 'Titanic'.

I haven't watched that one yet, but *spoilers* in the ghostbusters level there is a secret room which is a ship

I found the videos online:

At about 6:51 they show a ruined version of Titanic's grand staircase and then Doc Brown uses the train to reverse time to return to the unwrecked version of it. I'm guessing it might be a part of the Back to the Future level due to the time travel mechanic, but I suppose the time traveling mechanic doesn't have to be solely relegated to that world or it's level, so this could be from a different part of the game.

The ruined version of it is covered in green slime and the people appear ghost like, so I guess it could be Ghostbusters (I recall vaguely the Titanic was used as a joke in Ghostbusters 2), but that doesn't explain the time travel. The green slime appears to have some plants growing on it so it could just be seaweed.

Edited by strangely

I found the videos online:

At about 6:51 they show a ruined version of Titanic's grand staircase and then Doc Brown uses the train to reverse time to return to the unwrecked version of it. I'm guessing it might be a part of the Back to the Future level due to the time travel mechanic, but I suppose the time traveling mechanic doesn't have to be solely relegated to that world or it's level, so this could be from a different part of the game.

The ruined version of it is covered in green slime and the people appear ghost like, so I guess it could be Ghostbusters (I recall vaguely the Titanic was used as a joke in Ghostbusters 2), but that doesn't explain the time travel. The green slime appears to have some plants growing on it so it could just be seaweed.

Surely it would be much more fun to assume its a reference to both Doctor Who and Ghostbusters?

the titanic level is in the main ghost-busters story level. You can get a few mini kits from there, but one is locked until you have a time travel vehicle (train or delorian will do). As I don't have that yet it was the only one I could not get.

Ohnand its probs not a Dr Who reference, its most certainly not any kind of space ship. You summon it out of the water and its looks like a good old sea faring ship...

Edited by gpricey

the titanic level is in the main ghost-busters story level. You can get a few mini kits from there, but one is locked until you have a time travel vehicle (train or delorian will do). As I don't have that yet it was the only one I could not get.

Ohnand its probs not a Dr Who reference, its most certainly not any kind of space ship. You summon it out of the water and its looks like a good old sea faring ship...

That's interesting... Yeah, no robot angels probably means no DW reference...

I've played through Dimensions, and it is pretty fun. I just wish they used more original LEGO properties instead of licensed properties. I can see why they wanted to go for more licensed stuff though, since stuff like Simpsons and DC are probably more recognizable by potential buyers. Otherwise, I think it is a decent game overall, despite how expensive it is.

Hey all, just wanted to ask which fun/level packs are the best bets?

I've bought the Starter Pack and Emmett Fun Pack for Miss 7's Xmas present, but as big Dr Who and Portal fans I'm sure the whole family will get in on this game. But we don't have a lot of $$$, we only managed to get the starter because it was on a super pre-order sale. I can still get a pack or two on sale this week, so which is the best bet?

Everyone seems to think the Wicked Witch is a good character? And we love BTTF and Portal so those level packs sound like us - but are they decent levels?

I don't know how decent the levels themselves are, but the fact that they unlock the BTTF and Portal hubs is a big bonus for me, especially since those are probably my favorite two in the game. :thumbup:

I'd suggest looking up the playthrough of the level/hub area for each and then make your choice. :classic:

Hey all, just wanted to ask which fun/level packs are the best bets?

I've bought the Starter Pack and Emmett Fun Pack for Miss 7's Xmas present, but as big Dr Who and Portal fans I'm sure the whole family will get in on this game. But we don't have a lot of $$$, we only managed to get the starter because it was on a super pre-order sale. I can still get a pack or two on sale this week, so which is the best bet?

Everyone seems to think the Wicked Witch is a good character? And we love BTTF and Portal so those level packs sound like us - but are they decent levels?

I've played through the Portal bonus level that comes with the level pack, and it is pretty fun. It plays as if TT had made a LEGO Portal game, requiring only Chell for the majority of it, due to the puzzles being focused on portals and some other Portal mechanics. There are some secrets here and there that require some other characters, but I don't recall any of the 'main' parts requiring any other characters. The Portal world is also pretty fun to explore.

That's what I thought as well! And I'm sure later on in the level you summon the Decepticon Laserbeak to attack him, he even has the transformer sounds.

That's what I thought as well! And I'm sure later on in the level you summon the Decepticon Laserbeak to attack him, he even has the transformer sounds.

This?

lg-676_5z.jpg

Edited by LegoPercyJ

I'm still debating getting the game, but I did just pick up the Wizard of Oz fun pack. Thought I'd pass along news of a good deal if you're in the US and plan to buy the game and a lot of the packs. At Best Buy for $30 you can become a member of the "My Best Buy Gamers Club," which gets you 20% off new games (this includes all of the fun packs, team packs, etc. too). Pretty good deal if you're a gamer, or if you plan to buy a lot of the Lego packs.