TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

That's epic, nice to see Chell smile for once :grin:

Indeed. That makes me wonder what her alternate face is, if she has one. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Another Question: When I am not playing the game, can I use the minifigures as regular Lego minifugres: take off their head, take off the legs, and take off the accessories, or are they stuck with their special face and pose on their stands?

Yes, it's all regular buildable Lego. No Kragle included.

71201-Back-To-The-Future-13-500x375.jpg

Indeed. That makes me wonder what her alternate face is, if she has one. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Yes, it's all regular buildable Lego. No Kragle included.

71201-Back-To-The-Future-13-500x375.jpg

Hasn't it already been seen? i saw she has a smirking and a more serious one

We'll see. A reviewer was able to finish the main game in about 12 hours. The expansion packs would add extra levels but are probably just side-quests and are apart from the main storyline. I'm not sure how they can sustain interest in the game for up to three years with no expansion to the main story or the introduction of a new main storyline. Sure, they can make the sequels be entirely download only, but rather than expect users to own large harddrives or memory cards, it may be easier to just release a sequel disk that includes everything from the first disk and works with the original kit.

They've already said they won't release a sequel but if for some reason they do, they'll probably release it both separately and with Gandalf, Batman and Wyldstyle for those who don't have those figures.

It's almost here! :excited: Just to fuel the hype train, here's a scan of the awesome exclusive print that they gave out at the Lego Dimensions demo back at SDCC:

21723962742_e3d8c67611_z.jpg

Lego Dimensions: Portal vs. Doctor Who by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

If you don't love that picture, then you must be a Dalek. :D

It's almost here! :excited: Just to fuel the hype train, here's a scan of the awesome exclusive print that they gave out at the Lego Dimensions demo back at SDCC:

21723962742_e3d8c67611_z.jpg

Lego Dimensions: Portal vs. Doctor Who by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

That pic is so amazing.

I wonder if the game will have anything from DW Series 9? Since 2 episodes will have been released by tomorrow, it could be possible.

They've already said they won't release a sequel but if for some reason they do, they'll probably release it both separately and with Gandalf, Batman and Wyldstyle for those who don't have those figures.

I doubt they actually say they won't release a sequel. If the main money flow is from the expansions, then they need sequels to keep that addiction going. They just say you don't need to buy another starter kit:

Will I need to purchase a new starter pack every year?

No, only one LEGO® Dimensions™ Starter Pack is needed for multiple years of fun! LEGO® Dimensions™ was designed to be a system of play that will allow for added innovation and engaging gameplay mechanics without requiring another Starter Pack purchase next year.

I doubt they actually say they won't release a sequel. If the main money flow is from the expansions, then they need sequels to keep that addiction going. They just say you don't need to buy another starter kit:

Yea, I bet next year they'll release a sequel as just a game, and a version with all the starter pack stuff. It would suck if all we got for the next years was level packs, each $30+, which all only add one more level/adventure world to the original. Im all for new characters and levels but, the storymode will get boring after 3+ years, so heres hoping for sequels

Yea, I bet next year they'll release a sequel as just a game, and a version with all the starter pack stuff. It would suck if all we got for the next years was level packs, each $30+, which all only add one more level/adventure world to the original. Im all for new characters and levels but, the storymode will get boring after 3+ years, so heres hoping for sequels

"Connectables", anyone? Perhaps that's what they intend to do instead of sequels (or at least for the 3 years they have planned.

LEGO Dimensions wont be released till the 2nd of October in my country. I so hope there is double VIP points here also. Cause it seems i will be spending a lot of cash on this game :look:

Anyone has any images og unikitty ingame ( angrykitty ) ?... I cant seem to find the vid again and i so want a picture of her ! :tongue:

So being new here, im just being ignored ? .. Got it :D ... Nice to meet you too. :P

Anyhow, the forum is lovely. Lots of MOCS and builds all over !

Edited by KlodsBrik

LEGO Dimensions wont be released till the 2nd of October in my country. I so hope there is double VIP points here also. Cause it seems i will be spending a lot of cash on this game :look:

Anyone has any images og unikitty ingame ( angrykitty ) ?... I cant seem to find the vid again and i so want a picture of her ! :tongue:

So being new here, im just being ignored ? .. Got it :D ... Nice to meet you too. :P

Anyhow, the forum is lovely. Lots of MOCS and builds all over !

I believe this is the video your looking for.

And hey, welcome to eurobricks. I'm fairly new as well. If people don't reply, remember there's different time zones

So guys help me out here. Is there any real difference between the PS4 experience and PS3 experience? And is the game multiplayer? My brother wants to play cos he has a PS3 remote, however I prefer the PS4

As of now, Shop at Home doesn't seem to have the game yet. Huh. I know the brick-and-mortar LEGO Stores are carrying it; is the online one not going to?

Edited by Blondie-Wan

As of now, Shop at Home doesn't seem to have the game yet. Huh. I know the brick-and-mortar LEGO Stores are carrying it; is the online one not going to?

Well, that's strange, seeing as they are in direct contact with the people who actually made the game. Does neighborhood Walmarts and TRUs have it yet?

And hey, welcome to eurobricks. I'm fairly new as well. If people don't reply, remember there's different time zones

So guys help me out here. Is there any real difference between the PS4 experience and PS3 experience? And is the game multiplayer? My brother wants to play cos he has a PS3 remote, however I prefer the PS4

They will probably stop supporting the PS3 earlier than PS4 so it'd be a better idea to go with PS4 in the long run.

They will probably stop supporting the PS3 earlier than PS4 so it'd be a better idea to go with PS4 in the long run.

I can't see them stopping supporting either. All they would have to do is continue to patch in new content as it's released, which I don't think would be that much more difficult for the PS3 than for modern systems. And they have a three-year plan for Lego Dimensions—I can't really picture them releasing the game across both systems if they didn't intend to continue supporting both for the projected lifespan of the game.

Edited by Lyichir

I can't see them stopping supporting either. All they would have to do is continue to patch in new content as it's released, which I don't think would be that much more difficult for the PS3 than for modern systems. And they have a three-year plan for Lego Dimensions—I can't really picture them releasing the game across both systems if they didn't intend to continue supporting both for the projected lifespan of the game.

Well after that three year period when a sequel would be released there most likely won't be version for PS3 but the PS4 starter pack will probably be somewhat compatible but just with a new disc. No point in buying another $300 starter pack.

Got Chell! The Target had everything out, I was so excited!

Anyone else having problems putting Chell's portal gun in her hand? The rubber is.. well, it's difficult.

Also, no instructions for the two builds? I don't plan on getting the game anytime soon, does anyone have instructions?

Edited by CM4Sci

I'm sure other people noticed this, but the statue holding the donut in the Simpsons level (Don't know the actual name) is brick built, while everything else is basically cartoonish. Could we see a set of that possibly..?

Thanks a lot :)

However that wasnt the video i was looking for. Though we do get a glimpse of unikitty in berserk mode :D

Im pretty sure the video i saw was unikitty in the back to the future level. But thanks for the efford :)

Im also still wondering if the TARDIS will have some special ability like being able to cross worlds and levels without having to go to the vorton world.

Happy Lego Dimensions Day! As celebration, here's the Ghostbusters Theme Song, Doctor Who Theme Song and Scooby Doo Theme Song

Edited by Savage Oppress

Im also still wondering if the TARDIS will have some special ability like being able to cross worlds and levels without having to go to the vorton world.

Though I very much doubt this would be the case, I was hoping that since there are multiple time machines in this game - the TARDIS, the DeLorean time machine, the time train - that it would be possible to travel in time in multiple worlds. Like, in the Back to the Future Adventure World, one could freely go to pretty much any time in the history of Hill Valley, or at the very least from 1885 to 2015. But beyond that, one could do it even in worlds without time travel of their own - so, for example, one could go to Middle-Earth to anytime from when Sauron forged the One Ring, to the end of The Return of the King, and everything in between, including stuff from The Hobbit. Imagine being able to do that sort of thing in all the worlds, from DC Comics to Jurassic World to Ghostbusters. But I guess that would be more than a bit much to hope for...

Uhm... i tought this wasn't supposed to come out yet? how does this guy have every level pack already? the gamer kid is wave 4 right? or 5?