TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Okay, let's see...

GB

= Ghostbusters? We know this franchise is in, anyway...

HP

= Harry Potter? It seems like a no-brainer, even if it's not currently running. It's been a huge success for WB and LEGO, and the forthcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is connected to it, after all. It's one of the themes we were speculating about being included right from the beginning.

S

= more Scooby-Doo! or The Simpsons, perhaps? One initial isn't much to go on, especially when it's such a commonly used one.

AT

= The A-Team? Or perhaps Adventure Time? Both seem to fall within LEGO Dimensions patterns - so many of the franchises are either from the '80s, as The A-Team is, or have had projects that made it at least as far as entering the LEGO Review on LEGO CUUSOO / Ideas, as Adventure Time has done. I was initially discounting the latter, but it seems to apply to so many...

MI

= Mission: Impossible?

Mr T

= Well... huh. If this is that Mr. T, I'd expect it to be part of The A-Team or something, but... well, Mr. T did have his own series back in the day, in which he himself was actually a character, rather than just playing one. But I just can't quite believe it's that...

KR

= Knight Rider?

FB

= Fantasic Beasts and Where to Find Them, I'm guessing. It just seems too good a candidate, what with it being a new spinoff of a beloved franchise that's already done very well for both WB and LEGO.

TTG

= Teen Titans Go!, perhaps?

GR

... Hmm. I wouldn't think this one is something LEGO would do because of some of the content and tone, but given the way they seem to be particularly leaning sci-fi / fantasy offerings from the '80s for this game, as well as relaxing their content standards just a bit, could this possibly be... Gremlins?!

ET

= E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial?!

It almost feels as though LEGO Dimensions will be kind of a precursor to Ready Player One - which Warner is making a movie of, as it happens...

Ah, but all of these suggestions pertain to licensed entertainment franchises. What about some more homegrown LEGO themes? Surely the Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and The LEGO Movie stuff won't be all...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

S

= more Scooby-Doo! or The Simpsons, perhaps? One initial isn't much to go on, especially when it's such a commonly used one.

Just2Good revealed what this was, but then edited his post. I was something I was hoping for conformation for ages.

Tragic Banjo, then I would guess it would be based off the new movie.

I know nothing about the franchise, but Slappy The Dummy would be my pick for a Goosebumps character, just because I know and have worked with the puppeteer who controlled/voiced him in the movie.

Edited by Actor Builder

These are my guesses:

FB: Facebook with a Mark Zuckerberg minifigure

MI: Mission: Impossible with Ethan Hunt minifigure

GB: Great Britain with queen Elizabeth minifigure

TTG: Teen Titans Go! with... you know the guys

GR: Ghost Rider with Phantom Rider minifigure

My god, I'm on fire :grin:

These are my guesses:

FB: Facebook with a Mark Zuckerberg minifigure

MI: Mission: Impossible with Ethan Hunt minifigure

GB: Great Britain with queen Elizabeth minifigure

TTG: Teen Titans Go! with... you know the guys

GR: Ghost Rider with Phantom Rider minifigure

My god, I'm on fire :grin:

:iamded_lol:

And do you care to elaborate on what was said or give a real hint?

Just2Good revealed what this was, but then edited his post. I was something I was hoping for conformation for ages.

Pure speculation here: what if GB isn't Ghostbusters, but Goosebumps?

That's be interesting. Always liked those books. New movie looks awful though.

Are you going to say what it is?

I hope MI is MINECRAFT, its more possible than Mission impossible... because minecraft is very popular

Wouldn't it be MC then?

Are you going to say what it is?

I think he was talking about a certain blue hedgehog :wink: Not sure if he was joking, though.

I think he was talking about a certain blue hedgehog :wink: Not sure if he was joking, though.

Imagine Sonic The Hedgehog and the 10th Doctor teaming up. WHO's faster, I wonder? (See what I did there? :P)

If GB is Goosebumps rather than Ghostbusters (which I seriously doubt), I'd love a Slappy figure. Sonic just seems so strange, though. He's already a video-game character, and it seems like an odd choice.

If GB is Goosebumps rather than Ghostbusters (which I seriously doubt), I'd love a Slappy figure. Sonic just seems so strange, though. He's already a video-game character, and it seems like an odd choice.

So was Chell

Indeed, the Midway Arcade Level Pack specifically refers to "over 20" classic arcade games, and the Portal Level Pack draws upon one or two more. I don't think there's anyghing strange about adding a videogame / videogame character to this when there are already dozens or so of both in it.

As far as odd choices go, well, the game is full of odd (but awesome!) choices already.

At this point, it looks to me like they're just going after seemingly every franchise that a) enjoys a decent measure of popularity, b) doesn't conflict with some other rightsholder's rights (for either toys-to-life games or construction toys), and c) fits the LEGO brand.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Fricking Sonic the Hedgehog? my inner 10 year old just died, he was my childhood hero.

Should've told me years ago :grin: