TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

So chances are we're getting more characters in a 6th wave in Fall/Autumn 2016. Who do you wanna see? I'm holding out hopes for Atlas and P-Body. They make Portal 2 stuff, but leave out the two characters that were ON THE FRONT COVER XD

I was thinking the same thing! There is no way lego would only make 1 pack for portal. The only question is... will they be brick built, or minifigures?

was at a con this past weekend and had the privilege of playing dimensions. unfortunately there was a long line so i didnt get to play long, just through a bit of the doctor who level. but it was a lot of fun! i played mostly as scooby doo who just has the greatest animations when running around fighting and such. though the lady who was there with the game kept pushing the game along so i didnt get a chance to really stop and look around. there was a puzzle where a machine was broken and she said i needed the doctor to fix it with his sonic screwdriver, but this is the level thats part of the main story so I guess it was just a little side thing because she seemed adiment that only peter capaldi could perform it. anyways it was just as fun as it looks and I'd definitely recomend you buy it as soon as it comes out!

My local Target (LA) had the Wonder Woman packs on the shelf in the LEGO section. It would not scan on the price scanners, which means the store likely wouldn't sell it, so I didn't try to buy it, Target computers are smart and it would have blocked me I'm sure.

I don't actively play video games at all, although I do own a PS3. The game looks fun and I'll be collecting them all.

Edited by MAH4546

My local Target (LA) had the Wonder Woman packs on the shelf in the LEGO section. It would not scan on the price scanners, which means the store likely wouldn't sell it, so I didn't try to buy it, Target computers are smart and it would have blocked me I'm sure.

I don't actively play video games at all, although I do own a PS3. The game looks fun and I'll be collecting them all.

Can you share the DCPI by any chance?

So apparently, according to the Dimensions Twitter (this tweet in particular:

), the mystery "TARDIS Button" On the interiors will let you change the interior on the fly, without having to regenerate, exit, and re enter.

Also, the Doctor will not be neccessary to enter the TARDIS, as you will be able to access the interior by holding Y/Triangle/whatever, but the Doctor will be the only one able to use the controls, according to a tweet which I cannot find right now.

Hello,

yesterday, I was able to play Lego Dimensions in Hamburg - a Warner event.

Many images of the Shaggy & Scooby Level Pack I made you can find right here.

And this is my video: Gameplay, the minifigures, the Toy Pad, the gateway and... the Mystery Machine. :laugh:

And more Lego Dimensinos videos are on the way. :wink:

Best wishes

Andres

Edited by Zusammengebaut

If any of you recall from the instruction leak from a couple months ago for the portal set (and whether those instructions are still available, I do not know) you'd notice that the 'keystones' (the purple shields around the portal set proper) are stored behind the portal, implying that you should apply them to the portal ring as you earn the functions in the game.

But did you know that the keystones aren't the only parts built onto the set that you can move an repurpose?

The 1x2 hinges with the HERO Factory Minifig arms on them, on both sides of the portal proper can be removed as well as the SNOT-brick/camera piece on the right side to make...

Edited by Penkid11

The 1x2 hinges with the HERO Factory Minifig arms on them, on both sides of the portal proper can be removed as well as the SNOT-brick/camera piece on the right side to make...

I noticed this a while ago and #askLEGODimensions on twitter, but they wont reveal how this will work in the game.

A few Dutch news websites are bemoaning the limited availability of LD in their country as it will be restricted to just one chain of stores. This is because 'limited production availability' is restricting full launch in Europe to just UK,Germany and France (and Denmark I think!) so I'm very glad I've got all the packs I wanted from wave 1 on pre-order now! They seem to think that a full launch will take place in the rest of Europe in spring 2016. Is this standard TLG behavior? Do they normally restrict initial availability on new sets to the, presumably, more affluent territories and countries?

I still don't get the mini vehicle part, it is a mini version of a vehicle but it doesn't resemble that of the look in the game? why not? those few extra parts wich grant you real life playability and ride-ablity shouldn't be a problem? should it?

I still don't get the mini vehicle part, it is a mini version of a vehicle but it doesn't resemble that of the look in the game? why not? those few extra parts wich grant you real life playability and ride-ablity shouldn't be a problem? should it?

If the vehicles were big enough for the characters to sit in them like they are in the game, they wouldn't fit as well on the bases. And the difference between the models can be way more than just a few extra parts in many cases. Also, some of the in-game models like the Samurai Mech wouldn't even fit the characters unless you separated the arms from the body, which LEGO doesn't like to encourage (it weakens the connection).

It's small to fit on the base and allow it to work with the toys-to-like gimmick. Several of the vehicles have already been made in a minifig scale in existing sets.

Full details and close up of all Starter Pack Minifigs - Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle.

And also the Batmobil, two versions of it. :classic:

This is my video (warner press event in Hamburg)

21312986341_86ddb95c31.jpg

A bit out of the gaming news, and into the real world dimension (pun intended)

There's a LEGO Dimensions themed race car that will be racing tonight (If reading this later, 9/11/15).... Nascar theme in the future maybe? :tongue:

A bit out of the gaming news, and into the real world dimension (pun intended)

There's a LEGO Dimensions themed race car that will be racing tonight (If reading this later, 9/11/15).... Nascar theme in the future maybe? :tongue:

This is so cool!

I wonder if each of the doctor will have different abilities. For example, the tenth could have the Lego video games scanning ability (as seen on Sensor Batman) when he puts on his 3D glasses, etc... I would hate for them to all have just the same abilities.

Here's a look at the Nya Fun Pack!

21176443900_1f4a8752b9_z.jpg

Yeah... these fun packs do NOT include any building instructions, except for the minifigure. You need the game to build the little builds. Because of this, I had to build the mini-mech just off of the box pictures.

21353761642_3279323bd9_z.jpg

That's the build. It looks cute! I like how they also included the three mini-ball joint piece with the hole in the middle. I won't show the back of the build because it's most likely wrong. :tongue:

21353761772_66072f0177_z.jpg

The Nya minifigure is the same as the one found in some of the more expensive 2015 Ninjago sets.

21176441730_2d1a163938_z.jpg

Looks like there will be two types of these NFC plates. The Nya minifigure one has two studs, the plain one for the build has four. Keep in mind that's not a reverse stud on the bottom, but just a bit of moulding to the piece.

Looks like there will be two types of these NFC plates. The Nya minifigure one has two studs, the plain one for the build has four. Keep in mind that's not a reverse stud on the bottom, but just a bit of moulding to the piece.

I haven't seen it brought up much, but I did notice that a while back. The two-stud bases (all of which have unique, character-specific printing) are used for all the playable characters, even those who aren't standard minifigures (such as Unikitty, whose feet are one stud farther apart than a standard minifig's, and who therefore attaches to her base by only one stud rather than two), while all of the "side" builds use the unmarked, four-stud bases, even ones representing characters / creatures (Shelob the Great, K-9, the Dalek, the velociraptor, the Terror Dog, the flying monkey, etc.).

One particular thing I noted back when some of the instruction booklets started appearing early on LEGO's servers is that, for all the Team and Level Packs (which each feature two "side" builds), the parts inventories just count both of their bases (the four-stud, unprinted ones) together as "2x" of the same part. This, combined with the fact all the packs' instructions have you build the playable character figures and then go in-game for the rest, strongly suggests to me that there's little or no information pre-loaded on the four-stud bases; they presumably get only what you put on them when you put them on the toy pad for the first time. I suspect one could open up a couple of fresh new packs and mix up the four-stud bases and it wouldn't matter - say if you got the Fun Packs for Wonder Woman and Doc Brown and opened them together and mixed up all the parts, then put together Wonder Woman and brought her into the game, you'd then be instructed to build her invisible jet, and the first previously unused four-stud base you put on would be recognized as the one for her jet, regardless of whether or not it was the one that actually came in her package or the one meant for the Time Train or whatever - just as long as it hadn't already been "assigned" to something in-game.

But of course I don't know for sure, yet. I guess we'll find out soon enough...

was at a con this past weekend and had the privilege of playing dimensions. unfortunately there was a long line so i didnt get to play long, just through a bit of the doctor who level. ... though the lady who was there with the game kept pushing the game along so i didnt get a chance to really stop and look around.

That con didn't happen to be "fan expo" did it? I was there too and played the demonstration. Such a great game. I went thursday evening, but there were still lines. The lady that was there demoing was super nice and let me play around, as I showed her my Doctor Who lego stuff (doesn't hurt to mention when bbc america tweets you ^_^) so she could tell I was a massive fan and was super excited, though considering the screaming and jumping with excitement, it wasn't hard to tell. Still, the people behind me had children and were pretty ticked at my childish antics, and it made me really sad. I get this is a kid's toy and it's for kids, and they have every right to be mad about a grown man hogging a little kid's game, but I have wanted lego doctor who so badly... :(