TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

So just2good was right about the Slimer.

And about Mr. Stay Puft, which I certainly wouldn't have guessed.

These are awesome, and I'm especially thrilled that we're getting an actual Slimer figure, though I'm miffed that the whole team of actual Ghostbusters apparently won't be an option. I think I understand the reason for it - gameplay-wise, there presumably wouldn't be any difference between the four, whereas all other characters should have unique powers, abilities and/or accessories. But it's annoying to think we'd finally get an official logo print on the arm for the Venkman torso, but not for the other three. I was really hoping (and still am) to get Spengler, Stantz and Zeddemore in a Team Pack and a Fun Pack (or three Fun Packs).

Also, they could really stand to add some more playable female characters now. There are still only eight out of 43 known characters - that's fewer than one in five, and they come from just six of the fourteen franchises.

And speaking of those characters, here's an updated list of all known packs, now color-coded for easy distinction of Starter, Level, Team and Fun Packs!

71170 - Starter Pack: PS3 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf & Batman)

71171 - Starter Pack: PS4 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf & Batman)

71172 - Starter Pack: XBox One (Wyldstyle, Gandalf & Batman)

71173 - Starter Pack: XBox 360 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf & Batman)

71174 - Starter Pack: Wii U (Wyldstyle, Gandalf & Batman)

71201 - Level Pack: Back to the Future (Marty McFly)

71202 - Level Pack: The Simpsons (Homer Simpson)

71203 - Level Pack: Portal 2 (Chell)

71204 - Level Pack: Doctor Who (the Doctor)

71205 - Team Pack: Jurassic World (Owen Grady & ACU Trooper)

71206 - Team Pack: Scooby-Doo! (Scooby-Doo & Shaggy)

71207 - Team Pack: NinjaGo (Cole & Kai)

71208 - ?

71209 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Wonder Woman)

71210 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Cyborg)

71211 - Fun Pack: The Simpsons (Bart Simpson)

71212 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Emmet Brickowski)

71213 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Bad Cop)

71214 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Benny)

71215 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Jay)

71216 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Nya)

71217 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Zane)

71218 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Gollum)

71219 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Legolas)

71220 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Gimli)

71221 - Fun Pack: The Wizard of Oz (Wicked Witch)

71222 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Laval)

71223 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Cragger)

71224 - ?

71225 - ?

71226 - ?

71227 - Fun Pack: The Simpsons (Krusty the Clown)

71228 - Level Pack: Ghostbusters (Peter Venkman)

71229 - Team Pack: DC Comics (The Joker & Harley Quinn)

71230 - Fun Pack: Back to the Future (Doc Brown)

71231 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Unikitty)

71232 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Eris)

71233 - Fun Pack: Ghostbusters (Mr. Stay Puft)

71234 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Sensei Wu)

71235 - ?

71236 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Superman)

71237 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Aquaman)

71238 - Fun Pack: Doctor Who (Cyberman)

71239 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Lloyd)

71240 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Bane)

71241 - Fun Pack: Ghostbusters (Slimer)

Still plenty of gaps in the numbering!

Am I the only one wondering if there will be a special gamstop preorder minifigure?

Not at all - several other people have contemplated the possibility, though I think most of us are hoping it doesn't happen.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Hey, now might be a good time to check up on that top of box image we were all figuring out.

@gamestop pre-orders:

What if it's Lord Vortech?

I would rather see Lord Vortech in a Fun, Team, or Level Pack. It would be unfair for minifigure collectors to make him exclusive to Gamestop

I think it's not proper since he'll not be a playble character, so I accept and welcome him as a non-playable exclusive figure. But if it comes true, that even makes Baron more doomed :tongue: .

Edited by Dorayaki

@gamestop pre-orders:

What if it's Lord Vortech?

I would rather see Lord Vortech in a Fun, Team, or Level Pack. It would be unfair for minifigure collectors to make him exclusive to Gamestop

So five packs still to be announced...

Total cost based on Amazon for all packs - including a PS4 Starter pack = £764.63 (UK Price) Ouch!

Nearly a grand when all is said and done form Completionists ... and that's just wave 1!

Love the Ghostbuster pack. Its getting to starting to pick what I want time and Staypuff is pretty close to the top of that list right now!

According to the newer video, we only have these default worlds (at least for the first version) and the unaanounced characters would unlikely be from unheard themes.

In order to balance each world, hopefully Portal, Oz and BTTF could get more characters.

According to the newer video, we only have these default worlds (at least for the first version) and the unaanounced characters would unlikely be from unheard themes.

In order to balance each world, hopefully Portal, Oz and BTTF could get more characters.

yeah but the Doctor Who theme needs more Doctor Doctor Who monsters, we only have Cybermen and Daleks.

I'm guessing we'll get an Oz pack too. It would be strange if the only character we got from Oz was the Wicked Witch, but oddly she's pretty much the only one we've been seeing other than a glimpse of flying monkeys and the others.

I'm guessing we'll get an Oz pack too. It would be strange if the only character we got from Oz was the Wicked Witch, but oddly she's pretty much the only one we've been seeing other than a glimpse of flying monkeys and the others.

Weird, have we seen Team Dorothy in the cameos? If so the left spots have a big chance to be for all of them... :tongue:

The map thing kinda let me understand why retro LEGO characters couldn't be in. Unless Adventurers ever returns or individual characters are allowed, now Johnny Thunder really holds a very small chance.....

Oh man, the expansion packs just got that much more desirable with the open worlds included... Lego, you got me.

Also, they could really stand to add some more playable female characters now. There are still only eight out of 43 known characters - that's fewer than one in five, and they come from just six of the fourteen franchises.

I'm with you there. There's plenty of characters that could pick from - Dorothy, Eowyn, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Batgirl, Supergirl, Marge and Lisa Simpson etc. Most of those have already been made too so there's no excuse not to include them at some point.

We've not got the Midway Arcade packs yet either

My guess is that they will wait until the next modular building is announced. Because if the next building is an arcade, then each midway set would be a character from a game and a scaled model of the matching arcade cabinet. Cross promotion!

Wouldn't it be awesome if like the Skylanders Games we get special limited additions of characters! Like just picture special versions of Batman and Superman with different suits! This game though... incredible!

Anyways I noticed that Dana Barrett is actually on the box! (I had to IMDB her name xD) I'm trying to post a picture but I can't... shes in the top right of Venkman's box

Also: https://twitter.com/hashtag/LEGODimensions more pictures!

Edited by Ashnflash

While the new Ghostbusters packs look nice, it's kind of annoying that only Venkman (so far) has the updated arms with the patch. The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man is also horribly under sized, especially compared to the Terror Dog he comes with. I know Lego couldn't do him to minifig scale, or even come close, but he just looks wrong as a normal sized minifig. I mean what's the point? How do people plan on using him exactly when that's not how he appears in the film at all?