TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Dimensions fun packs are £3.75 in Smyths atm, I went to my local one and bought 6 copies of the cyberman funpack.(I got a few odd looks as an added bonus)

On 1/2/2019 at 3:04 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Dimensions fun packs are £3.75 in Smyths atm, I went to my local one and bought 6 copies of the cyberman funpack.(I got a few odd looks as an added bonus)

I bought six of the Cyberman pack myself a while back, but wound up giving one to a couple of friends who are big Doctor Who fans, so I’m down to five. I had found six more marked down to less than three dollars (!) at Target, but I wasn’t able to get them right away, and when I returned the very next day they were all gone, of course.

I’m currently mulling over some Ghostbusters (2016) Story Packs that are marked down quite a bit at another store near me; at the current price, I think it would be worth it just for parts.

I hope to get my PS4 before too much longer so I can finally actually play the game again!

On 12/22/2018 at 5:17 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's some speculative art from @just2good and @Ashnflash for Dimensions' rumored canceled wave:

...and here's a closer look at @Ashnflash's artwork:

Here's the rest of @Ashnflash's artwork done for @just2good's video covering Dimensions' purportedly canceled wave:

I’ve seen Avatar brought up a number of times as one of the franchises they hoped to have in Year 3, and multiple people have asked various times which Avatar that meant - the James Cameron movie(s) about the Na’Vi, or the animated series subtitled The Last Airbender - and I think there still hasn’t really been any clarification. Did I miss it? Does anyone know?

(I do of course know the Nickelodeon series Avatar: The Last Airbender did in fact get a couple LEGO sets already, back in 2006; they’re actually how I first learned of the show’s existence, as I’d never heard of it before seeing the sets on the shelves at Toys ‘R’ Us, and wondering what they were about.)

On 12/3/2016 at 12:24 AM, Blondie-Wan said:

An interesting development here:

Cineplex announced today that it is launching a video gaming league for young people, featuring LEGO Dimensions.  The family-friendly program is a new concept in Canada and is geared towards targeting a younger gaming demographic.  LEGO Dimensions, the popular LEGO toy and video game hybrid, takes players on a journey through unexpected worlds featuring a number of pop culture franchises, including Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find ThemThe LEGO MovieHarry Potter, Ghostbusters, The Lord of the Rings, and more.

The new league officially begins in March 2017 and consists of four consecutive weekly sessions where LEGO fans can play and compete in-theatre on the big screen.  The league is set-up so that there are no eliminations and all players, regardless of age or skill level, will be active and engaged throughout the entire season. 

In preparation for this family-friendly series, Cineplex Entertainment is hosting a free LEGO Dimensions Live launch event at 12 theatres across Canada on December 3, 2016 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. In addition to being among the first to play the LEGO Dimensions Battle Arenas on the big screen, the first 50 guests at each theatre will also receive a free LEGO toy.  Gamers under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult in order to play.

Did anyone here ever get to do this? If so, what was it like?

I mentioned this over in its own thread, but it warrants mention here, too...

Apparently as part of the promotion for the theatrical release of The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Walmart recently began offering special packs a few months ago of the Blu-rays of the three previous LEGO movies bundled with the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack minifigures. The bundles turn out to be just the entire first bag from the Starter Pack parts boxes, featuring all the parts for Wyldstyle, Gandalf, and Batman - complete with LD toy tag bases - plus the brick separator, which is hardly useful for minifigures.

It’s difficult to read this as anything other than them just plain dumping leftover inventory for the game, though I also have to say it is still a fairly cool promo.