TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Recommended Posts

Is it true each individual pack from year 2 (excepting the DC promos, of course) has its own Battle Arena, or is it just each new franchise? Are there really 23 Battle Arenas, or "just" 16?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to getting the game but i have access to pretty much every add on pack, does someone have a list of every essential character (unlock levels, new worlds, exclusive powers)? Which ones to skip, thanks

Edited by legosamsonite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've collected all the sets but am waiting to get a console to finally play them.

Regarding the emulated arcade games in the midway pack, are the originally multi-player games, like gauntlet, limited to one or possibly two players? If so, then if I want to have 3-4 players, then I'm limited to the season 2 battle arenas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Late to getting the game but i have access to pretty much every add on pack, does someone have a list of every essential character (unlock levels, new worlds, exclusive powers)? Which ones to skip, thanks

Yes, i find dimensions-builder.herokuapp.com a usefull site.  It says which abilities are unique and you can see which packs you need to buy to unlock everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody seen good U.K. lego dimensions Black Friday deals? I've seen loads in the US but barely any over here. :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i got the starter pack and i just got a ps4 same day and immediately after playing it day one, it wants me to download update 1.22, the game won't let me use the supergirl figure it came with, it says it needs an update, will this update include all previous software updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, legosamsonite said:

So i got the starter pack and i just got a ps4 same day and immediately after playing it day one, it wants me to download update 1.22, the game won't let me use the supergirl figure it came with, it says it needs an update, will this update include all previous software updates?

Yes it will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the Aquaman in the TRU starter set is different from the one in the FunPack? Do some of the PS4 Aquaman sets also have Supergirl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 14, 2017 at 4:31 PM, CommishGordon said:

Each new pack has a battle arena. Lots to choose from, if you enjoy them.

Apologies for the late reply, but thanks! That's cool, and good to know.

33 minutes ago, mdtvandy said:

Does anyone know if the Aquaman in the TRU starter set is different from the one in the FunPack? Do some of the PS4 Aquaman sets also have Supergirl?

Wait, what? There's a TRU-exclusive Starter Pack bundle with Aquaman? I don't remember seeing it mentioned before...

*checks TRU site*

I'm not seeing any Starter Packs with Aquaman. Where are you seeing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mdtvandy said:

Does anyone know if the Aquaman in the TRU starter set is different from the one in the FunPack? Do some of the PS4 Aquaman sets also have Supergirl?

There was a tru starter set with aquaman? It does make sense because from the dc people you certainly need aquaman quite a lot. I like how aquaman talks with lobsters. 

Would it be a possibility that in the future, when the packs are all gone from the shops, all worlds will be open to walk in? I still miss the scooby doo and jurassic world packs, but would like to wander around in those worlds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Wait, what? There's a TRU-exclusive Starter Pack bundle with Aquaman? I don't remember seeing it mentioned before...

*checks TRU site*

I'm not seeing any Starter Packs with Aquaman. Where are you seeing this?

Not sure about online, but at the store, you will see the starter kit with a sticker on the box displaying aquaman. I don't know if aquaman is actually in the box or if they just put the sticker there and then give you aquaman separately at checkout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, badbob001 said:

Not sure about online, but at the store, you will see the starter kit with a sticker on the box displaying aquaman. I don't know if aquaman is actually in the box or if they just put the sticker there and then give you aquaman separately at checkout.

Is it the same Aquaman from the Fun Pack (71237)?

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/lego-dimensions/lego-dimensions-fun-pack-dc-comics-aquaman-1000561492-68635526

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badbob001 said:

Not sure about online, but at the store, you will see the starter kit with a sticker on the box displaying aquaman. I don't know if aquaman is actually in the box or if they just put the sticker there and then give you aquaman separately at checkout.

Hmm. I will have to check it out. It sounds as though TRU might be doing essentially the same thing Target is doing, which is offering versions of the Starter Packs that include all the usual stuff plus a free Year 1 Fun Pack, though in Target's case it's the Lloyd pack from Ninjago.

That one does indeed have the full Fun Pack, not just the figure; I'd imagine the TRU one with Aquaman does as well, though I'll have to find out for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having decided to attempt to get a complete set of all packs for the game, I've been trying lately to get caught up and get all the remaining packs while I still can. I still don't even have a console that can run the game yet, but I do now have 31 packs, mostly from Year One. I've been scooping them up whenever I can get a good deal on them - and yes, I know that folks like me who buy them only on sale are part of the reason the game was ended after Year Two. :sceptic: But it's really the only way I can afford to do it (and I think I could be argued to be supporting the game more than one might expect of me, considering I can't even run it yet). I do plan to eventually get a PS4 - not just for this game, of course, but hopefully that means I'll also be able to get the Supergirl promo without too much trouble. I apparently won a Facebook giveaway for the Green Arrow promo, so I should be getting that as well, though part of me thinks I shouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched (i.e., before I have Green Arrow in hand).

At the moment I have 28 Year One packs - most of them, so it's easier to list those I don't have than those I do. I still need a Starter Pack, the Midway Arcade Level Pack, the Ghostbusters Stay-Puft Fun Pack, the DC Superman and Aquaman Fun Packs, and all the Ninjago packs except Nya. For Year Two I currently have the Mission: Impossible Level Pack and the Chase McCain and Excalibur Batman Fun Packs, and am awaiting the Green Arrow promo. That gives me 34 playable figures (35 including Green Arrow, once he arrives) from 16 different themes / franchises. Right now my two biggest concerns (as far as this game goes) are getting a PS4 Starter Pack with Supergirl while I still can, and finding the Ninjago packs I still need - they seem to have disappeared from most stores now. I still have a few options, though, so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Blondie-Wan
spelling fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally saw the TRU-exclusive Starter Pack bundles that come with the Aquaman Fun Pack. Like the Target bundles with the Lloyd Fun Pack, they appear to be limited to the Starters for the two highest-end platforms (PS4 and XBox One). I had thought the Target one might use Lloyd as almost a promotional tie-in with The LEGO Ninjago Movie, but I don't know what the reasoning behind the Aquaman bundle would be. I mean, I'm sure he's a fine character, but so are tons of others in the game, and I'm not sure why they opted for a bundle with him over all others. I do also think that if I weren't trying to just get everything and we're going to get a Starter Pack bundle with someone other than Supergirl, I'd prefer the Target Lloyd bundle over the TRU Aquaman one, since that would give you not just a fourth character with new powers, but access to a whole new Adventure World right out of the box, whereas Aquaman just gives you the same Adventure World that Batman already does (and so does Supergirl, for that matter).

Also, TRU is currently running a promo that gets you a free Adventure Time DVD with any LEGO Dimensions purchase (though two different TRUs I visited yesterday were already out of the DVD, despite the promo having started just days ago and being supposed to run for more than three more weeks). FWIW.

I'm finding it hard to find most of the Ninjago packs now, BTW. I think those are the ones we most need to scramble on if we want them and don't have them already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally picked up Zane - 32 down, 31 to go (including a Starter Pack and both polybag promos, though one of the latter is supposed to be coming soon). I think I might make it. It currently looks as though the two remaining packs that I'm going to have the most trouble getting are not the two polybag promos - I won Green Arrow in a Facebook contest and am supposed to receive him shortly, while I plan to get Supergirl with the PS4 Starter - but the Ninjago Team Pack and the Lloyd Fun Pack. As long as I can get them, I should be okay for getting everything.

It looks like I've been alone in this thread for the last couple months, though. Might I assume everyone else interested in the game has done everything they're going to do with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blondie-Wan said:

I finally picked up Zane - 32 down, 31 to go (including a Starter Pack and both polybag promos, though one of the latter is supposed to be coming soon). I think I might make it. It currently looks as though the two remaining packs that I'm going to have the most trouble getting are not the two polybag promos - I won Green Arrow in a Facebook contest and am supposed to receive him shortly, while I plan to get Supergirl with the PS4 Starter - but the Ninjago Team Pack and the Lloyd Fun Pack. As long as I can get them, I should be okay for getting everything.

It looks like I've been alone in this thread for the last couple months, though. Might I assume everyone else interested in the game has done everything they're going to do with it?

I was a similar spot to you a few months back, but was able to almost complete the collection with great Black Friday sales. Only missing The Goonies and Supergirl now. I guess I’ll have to resort to BrickLink for SG as I don’t own nor plan on owning a PS4, and I guess I’ll grab the Goonies when it’s on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 1, 2017 at 4:19 AM, Borex said:

Would it be a possibility that in the future, when the packs are all gone from the shops, all worlds will be open to walk in? I still miss the scooby doo and jurassic world packs, but would like to wander around in those worlds. 

FWIW, of the four Team Packs from Year One, those are the two I still see most widely available at lots of stores. If you're interested in getting them, I think you shouldn't have too much trouble right now, though I don't think that'll be the case much longer.

1 minute ago, legozebra said:

I was a similar spot to you a few months back, but was able to almost complete the collection with great Black Friday sales. Only missing The Goonies and Supergirl now. I guess I’ll have to resort to BrickLink for SG as I don’t own nor plan on owning a PS4, and I guess I’ll grab the Goonies when it’s on sale.

Target and Best Buy had all expansion packs on sale for half off the week before Christmas. I really wish now I'd picked some up then, but I was trying to avoid spending on myself and instead just shop for other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, I listed Dimensions packs on my Christmas list.  This means that I was unable to really take advantage of great discounts because I might get duplicates.  How silly, I would have enjoyed duplicates.

Fortunately, I did get 2 packs for Christmas, the Excalibur Batman and Beetlejuice packs.  There are still a bunch that I'm interested in getting, though I do collect mostly for the minifigures rather than the game.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, and I put it down for a while so I still have yet to complete it.  I just enjoy the minifigures more.  I need to get some of these before they're gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been waiting for some big sales to hit and consistently. The game honestly just isn't fun for me any more. It's glitchy, and at this point all the game is for me is running around grabbing collectibles. Don't really have the motivation to finish even the Story Packs. I'll still get some of the packs for the exclusive minifigs and the cute builds, but my interest now is 100% in the physical Lego.

Also, the TTG episode was pretty cute and well done in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.