TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

6 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Remember how I was saying that that the delay in releases and the lack of any future info were bad signs? I also remember being mocked for claiming that they suffer when the sets are discounted. Then there was the horrible marketing, the drop in quality, and then, of course the rumors about it being cancelled.

“I told you so” has never felt so good.

The only plus I can think of is the Sonic stuff. And, considering the fact his pack is one of the hardest to find of those still in production, I’m hoping LEGO has the license for the foreseeable future.

Though, when it comes to licenses, I’m really bothered by the fact that the interest we LEGO fans very clearly showed for Portal on LEGO Ideas was wasted on Dimensions, will continue to bother me to no end.

Was it wasted? I was under the impression the Portal 2 material is some of the best in the game. Is it not?

7 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Remember how I was saying that that the delay in releases and the lack of any future info were bad signs? I also remember being mocked for claiming that they suffer when the sets are discounted. Then there was the horrible marketing, the drop in quality, and then, of course the rumors about it being cancelled.

“I told you so” has never felt so good.

I hope you feel better now.

Now that it's for sure finally over, I just want to know one thing:

Who's red arm and flesh hand picked up the Vortech brick in the end credits scene? It's been driving me crazy forever!

I still haven’t finished the game yet, but i had really good fun with the game. For me, it is lego’s best computergame. Now i still need the scooby doo pack (i want to run around in scooby world) and still in doubt if i want the sonic, the arcade and the mission impossible level pack. I dont like Tom cruise at all, that has hold me back lol

Edited by Borex

Atleast the packs will go down incredibly in price. It's such a shame this happened, the idea for dimensions was great and some of the year 3 packs sounded awesome. The minecraft pack would have been very interesting, would it have been possible to essentially have minecraft but with a Lego skin?

i loved the story of the game and have had hours of fun on the adventure worlds. And it brought fantastic things like Doctor Who and Portal. But all good things must come to an end it seems. We're gonna miss you Lego Dimensions

Well, wait - just what does the "cancellation" mean? I get that it's being discontinued, so no more packs will be made, but does this mean the existing material is going to stop working?

2 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Well, wait - just what does the "cancellation" mean? I get that it's being discontinued, so no more packs will be made, but does this mean the existing material is going to stop working?

Disney infinity still works, so it probably will work. 

Talking about the cancellation, taking from that article [WB still is ] look [ing] at the future product slate".

Edited by Lego-fire

14 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Was it wasted? I was under the impression the Portal 2 material is some of the best in the game. Is it not?

I mean, that's true. I more or less referred to the fact that LEGO had multiple Ideas projects denied, acquired the license, and didn't make any fully-fledged sets with the license. Though, to be honest, there's not too much outside of characters that LEGO can do.

Just now, Borex said:

But are the M.I. , sonic and arcade levelpack fun/good enough to buy?

I've only played through the Sonic pack of those three, and the levels are vibrant, and wonderful, although finicky. Though, if you are a Sonic fan, it's an absolute must.

4 minutes ago, Borex said:

But are the M.I. , sonic and arcade levelpack fun/good enough to buy?

Played Sonic and Midway. The midway arcade machine is enough in itself; the amount of games is really cool. Also the world is awesome and has loads of quests. Sonic's level is one of the slightly more difficult ones though it's kinda fiddly. It's great, though. 

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

I mean, that's true. I more or less referred to the fact that LEGO had multiple Ideas projects denied, acquired the license, and didn't make any fully-fledged sets with the license. Though, to be honest, there's not too much outside of characters that LEGO can do.

Well, LEGO seldom does as much with a license as fans might wish. I'm an Indiana Jones fan, and there's a ton of stuff from that franchise that wasn't covered in the sixteen boxed retail sets. After Doctor Who was announced, we had a big thread in the Licensed forum discussing all the things we could see from the theme, but it looks like the Ideas set and the two packs for this game will be all they ever do. Middle-Earth lovers have decried all the omissions from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings for a few years now. Star Wars is probably the only entertainment property that's really, truly well-represented in LEGO, and even that has a few characters and scenes that have never been done in official sets. This isn't so much a LEGO Dimensions thing as it is a general LEGO thing.

I still haven't gotten it but I intend to get it by the end of October, the packs will still be available for awhile right?

37 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I still haven't gotten it but I intend to get it by the end of October, the packs will still be available for awhile right?

I wouldn't sleep on them, especially the last wave. Amazon and Target aren't even selling them in the U.S.

Just now, BrickSantorum said:

I wouldn't sleep on them, especially the last wave. Amazon and Target aren't even selling them in the U.S.

Yeah, sleeping on Lego is not comfortable:wink:. Thanks for the advice.

52 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Target and Walmart both are selling the new packs here in the States.

4 hours ago, blackknightrises said:

Target and Walmart both are selling the new packs here in the States.

You're totally right. My bad. When I searched for "lego dimensions" on Target.com and sorted by "newest," I didn't see them. But they're there if you search for the character names.

I still haven't seen any of the new wave in Target stores though, and I've looked for them in three different Targets in the last couple of weeks. All three Targets, plus my local Toys R' Us, also dramatically reduced the amount of Dimensions shelf space since the beginning of October as well. So I wouldn't gamble that they'll be available all that much longer. 

I have seen them in two different Target's so far in my area but it could vary by region I suppose. However I would agree that they might become harder to find for people as the year goes on. 

Huh, surprised they announced it just before the holiday season. Sales going to drop. Anyway goodbye lego dimensions :(

yeah, too bad. But it's ok. I still have a lot of fun playing the game.

Someone already played the last sets (ppg, ttg, beetlejuice)? Are they any good?

Well, sad to see it go, but I'm just thankful we got this game at all. We got minifigs from franchises I never thought I'd see.

S'long, Dimensions.

I still don't have the base game itself yet (or a console to run it on)! But I'm trying to get all the packs, and I've been picking up packs as I find them clearanced (fully aware that people like me who are interested in the game but reluctant or unwilling to buy packs at full price haven't helped the game succeed - alas, I'm just not in a position to buy them all at full price right now).

Currently I have five Level Packs (half the total ten!), including all the first four from Waves 1 & 2, plus the Mission: Impossible one (my only Year 2 pack so far; I'm focusing on Year 1 since it's older), plus fifteen of the Year 1 Fun Packs - all the ones from Back to the Future, Doctor Who, The LEGO Movie, The Lord of the Rings, and The Wizard of Oz, one apiece from Ghostbusters and Legends of Chima, and three from DC Comics - plus the Scooby-Doo Team Pack. That all gives me at at least something from 11 of the 14 franchises & themes from Year 1, including everything released (aside from the Starter Pack contents) for 7 of those 14. The three I don't have anything from yet - Jurassic World, Midway Arcade, and Ninjago - include two with just a single pack apiece, so once I get those two packs I'll have two more complete franchises (as far as this game is concerned, anyway).

Ideally, of course, I'd like to get everything. That might or might not happen, but if not, I'd like to at least get one pack from every franchise, so that once I have the game I can at least access all the Adventure Worlds and Battle Arenas, and also get all the packs from those franchises that interest me most. If I try for just those essentials rather than absolutely everything, the only remaining Year 1 packs I absolutely need are the Ghostbusters Level Pack and Mr. Stay-Puft Fun Pack, the Midway Arcade Level Pack, the Jurassic World Team Pack, and at least one Ninjago Pack (er, and the Starter Pack, of course). I should be able to do that. But I'll try for more.