TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I noticed the other day that Target is now offering a new store-exclusive promo on the starter packs - there, you can get it bundled with the Lloyd Fun Pack from Ninjago (there's a little sticker on the box to indicate it's included, just like the ones on some of the PS4 packs that tell you it has the Supergirl promo).

When I last looked at Target's website, they were showing it only with the PS4 Starter, but unless I'm misremembering things (which is entirely possible), in-store they had Starter Packs for multiple systems that included the Lloyd pack.

The picture on the sticker just shows the Lloyd minifigure on his toy tag base, but does say that it's the "Fun Pack" as opposed to just the figure, so I assume his vehicle build is included too.

6 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I noticed the other day that Target is now offering a new store-exclusive promo on the starter packs - there, you can get it bundled with the Lloyd Fun Pack from Ninjago (there's a little sticker on the box to indicate it's included, just like the ones on some of the PS4 packs that tell you it has the Supergirl promo).

When I last looked at Target's website, they were showing it only with the PS4 Starter, but unless I'm misremembering things (which is entirely possible), in-store they had Starter Packs for multiple systems that included the Lloyd pack.

The picture on the sticker just shows the Lloyd minifigure on his toy tag base, but does say that it's the "Fun Pack" as opposed to just the figure, so I assume his vehicle build is included too.

Interesting. I would've thought that past Wave 9 they wouldn't put any more effort into the game. Guess it's a last ditch effort to sell Starter Packs by associating with the Lego Ninjago Movie.

Just now, BlueberryWaffles said:

Interesting. I would've thought that past Wave 9 they wouldn't put any more effort into the game. Guess it's a last ditch effort to sell Starter Packs by associating with the Lego Ninjago Movie.

I do suspect the movie is why they chose that particular character, even though it's a different incarnation of Lloyd from the movie version.

It's a pretty nice move, I think. For those people not particularly concerned with getting all the packs in general or Supergirl in particular, it's arguably a nicer bundle than that promo, since means that right out of the gate you not only have four playable characters, the same as with the Supergirl promo, but you also get two vehicle/accessory things instead of one (assuming Lloyd's thing is indeed included), and you also get access to four different Adventure Worlds right away instead of just three (since Supergirl just unlocks the DC World, the same as Batman). That said, I still would rather try to get a Starter Pack with Supergirl right now than one with Lloyd, since he can still easily be had on his own and she can't.

Now I wonder whether there are any more retailer-exclusive promos (or any other promos, really) waiting in the wings...

One thing I'm still wondering about is what happens when two or more toy pads are connected to the same console. It's been two years now since the game was released; surely someone has tried it by now, but I'm still not seeing that info anywhere (and I know it's been asked in this thread and elsewhere before, and not just by me). Anyone know?

I still don't have the game yet myself, or a console to run it on, but I've started getting some of the packs in anticipation of when I do, to ensure I get all the ones I want most. I'd like to get everything, but it may not be possible.

23 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

One thing I'm still wondering about is what happens when two or more toy pads are connected to the same console.

No idea, but this comes to mind.. 

:poke:

Spoiler

d037b0e93bea0232184ea78796777852.jpg

I know the horse is long dead, but I'm still bummed we didn't get Vortech. 

On October 8, 2017 at 11:19 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

According to just2good, angry birds was supposed to come in year 3 

I'm fine with our having missed out on that one.

Right now it appears no new packs are forthcoming. That's unfortunate, but there's already a ton of cool stuff to play through and with in the game. Right now my immediate concern is getting all the packs I want before they go away. Though I've been following the game with interest since the beginning, I'm really late to the party in actually getting it; I still don't yet have a console that can run it. Rather than wait until I do, though, I've started getting a bunch of the packs now, to ensure I don't miss out on them.

10 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I'm fine with our having missed out on that one.

Right now it appears no new packs are forthcoming. That's unfortunate, but there's already a ton of cool stuff to play through and with in the game. Right now my immediate concern is getting all the packs I want before they go away. Though I've been following the game with interest since the beginning, I'm really late to the party in actually getting it; I still don't yet have a console that can run it. Rather than wait until I do, though, I've started getting a bunch of the packs now, to ensure I don't miss out on them.

Ya I went to my local EBGames and they only had Buttercup and a bunch of old packs on sale... None of the new ones. I think I'm gonna order them now or get that at Toysrus with the Bricktober promotions because I don't want to miss out on these! 

41 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Ya I went to my local EBGames and they only had Buttercup and a bunch of old packs on sale... None of the new ones. I think I'm gonna order them now or get that at Toysrus with the Bricktober promotions because I don't want to miss out on these! 

Lego Dimensions don't qualify for Toysrus' Bricktober promotions.

5 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Lego Dimensions don't qualify for Toysrus' Bricktober promotions.

Really? Are you sure? I've gotten Toysurs exclusives by purchasing them in the past. 

Edited by Ashnflash

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Really? Are you sure? I've gotten Toysurs exclusives by purchasing them in the past. 

They scanned one of the dimensions packs and didn't see the offer come up. They pretty much have the computer/register determine the available offers. I didn't really push the issue so let me know if you have different results.

Ultimately I had to buy regular LEGO sets to qualify. With two separate transactions, I bought enough to get two of the promos. They still had the ninjago promo from the previous week, but the system wouldn't let it be scanned under the promo. So they scanned another batman promo set but put the ninjago one in my bag.

On 08/10/2017 at 4:45 PM, Exetrius said:

No idea, but this comes to mind.. 

:poke:

Hide contents

d037b0e93bea0232184ea78796777852.jpg

I know the horse is long dead, but I'm still bummed we didn't get Vortech. 

Lol tho ?. The horse is long dead? So you're sure we're not getting a year 3? Or at least TLNM packs? 

2 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Lol tho ?. The horse is long dead? So you're sure we're not getting a year 3? Or at least TLNM packs? 

The horse is dead. Why get TLNM packs when there's a TLNM Game that is better than what it would have been in Dimensions?

22 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

The horse is dead. Why get TLNM packs when there's a TLNM Game that is better than what it would have been in Dimensions?

Still year three packs? What about that? 

2 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Still year three packs? What about that? 

So far most reliable sources have indicated that there aren't going to be any. Given the radio silence about any further packs from WB Games and Lego (even after multiple toy and games conferences and expos where that sort of thing would usually be announced), I'm inclined to believe them.

19 hours ago, Lyichir said:

So far most reliable sources have indicated that there aren't going to be any. Given the radio silence about any further packs from WB Games and Lego (even after multiple toy and games conferences and expos where that sort of thing would usually be announced), I'm inclined to believe them.

When do we think it'll be confirmed? 27th September already passed

2 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

At this point, they'll probably wait until after the holiday shopping season, to give retailers one last opportunity to sell through the rest of their stock. It's kind of lame to take advantage of consumers' ignorance like that, but the moment that they announce that Dimensions is done, sales will plummet even further than they already have. And that would complicate Lego's retailer relationships at a time when they're already seeing some sales slippage.

As soon as Disney Infinity announced that it was ending, I saw "buy 1, get 3 free sales" sprout up like mushrooms after a rainstorm. Dimensions will be a slightly different story, because they're still Lego elements, but even a 50% discount just barely gets you to a $0.10 PPC on most of the sets.

4 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

They probably won't announce it at all. This way retailers won't have any justice for putting them on huge markdowns, and to maximize profit. They'll just rot until they're gone.

It's pretty smart tactic to get cash, but a real drag for retailers. Toys R Us will mostly likely wisen up the situation and have them purged once the holiday season ends.

I'm hoping Black Friday brings some killer sales. I remember the Black Friday after Infinity was cancelled, TRU had buy one get three free on figures. I've honestly been waiting on a ton of Year 2 until those sales start hitting.

I still need a ton of Year 1 stuff. I hope I'm able to pick up everything I really want. Ideally I'd get everything period, but I don't know whether that'll happen.

There are no plans I have heard of to formally announce the end of Dimensions

"Please let me go home now, I haven't seen sunlight in months" the Dimensions twitter intern screams as WB Games tightens his chains and double-locks the dungeon doors

38 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Finally confirmation! Now everyone can stop talking about Year 3....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-18-the-sad-slow-death-of-lego-dimensions

Cue the chorus of bitter-enders protesting "they didn't OFFICIALLY announce anything!!1!!"

RIP Dimensions. You were wildly ambitious and often frustrating, but I'm so glad you happened.

Remember how I was saying that that the delay in releases and the lack of any future info were bad signs? I also remember being mocked for claiming that they suffer when the sets are discounted. Then there was the horrible marketing, the drop in quality, and then, of course the rumors about it being cancelled.

“I told you so” has never felt so good.

The only plus I can think of is the Sonic stuff. And, considering the fact his pack is one of the hardest to find of those still in production, I’m hoping LEGO has the license for the foreseeable future.

Though, when it comes to licenses, I’m really bothered by the fact that the interest we LEGO fans very clearly showed for Portal on LEGO Ideas was wasted on Dimensions, will continue to bother me to no end.