TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

On 26/2/2017 at 4:21 AM, just2good said:

You guys are so respectful. I really appreciate that. :classic:

Been in the same situation for the love of LEGO. "we" just spread what we can from our sources, and to bring good or bad news to the people we see having the same interest in our little beloved bricks.

A shame that you have to go through all this bullsh1t. I´ve been watching you from day 1, and you´ve always taken care of presenting what leak´s are worth getting out into the community. And which are not.

Don´t listen to the hater´s. They don´t represent the biggest part of the community.
Worst thing is that mostly the biggest part of people will react upon bad news, and one won´t hear a lot from the people who know one is right.
Unfortunately I know you are right as well. :sceptic:

Damn, I loved LEGO Dimensions.

Only great thing that is coming out of this is when everything goes on sale so one can build of large armies of cybermen ( That´s my curse ), and other minifigs that will be a challenge to get in the future. 

@just2good Keep up the good work mate ! :thumbup:
To me, you are a very respected source of information. Dont let the adult "kid´s" get you down. :wink:

I've been putting off getting not just the starter set, but an actual game console... With the likelihood of LEGO Dimensions ending (even if the rumors aren't true, it's gotta end eventually), do I need to hurry up and get it if I ever want to play? Am I good with picking it up after the cancellation? Do I need to get it in time to download the last update? Or will the whole thing be gone once they pull the plug? I don't have a good idea of the extent of the online component.

TC

All updates will be availabe for probably "ever", so no worries. Only thing is that ofcourse, the game ain´t gonna grow bigger than it already is.
The "good" thing is that all pack´s are gonna get cheaper as shop´s are gonna want to get them of their shelfs.

I was a bit disappointed that some stuff I was keen on like Doctor Who, Portal, Lego Batman movie etc was only coming out on Dimensions as I don't own a console, so hopefully this means future Lego games will be available on the PC. The output of non-Dimensions Lego games certainly seems to have dropped off since Dimensions started so I won't be too sad if this means more resources go back into non-console exclusive games.

Certain Fun Packs are getting hard to find in stores and online, so if you want to start Lego Dimensions, you should probably take advantage of whatever upcoming sales there might be and check a wikia to see which characters have the abilities you want. Toys R Us has been the stingiest with sales, so they have more of a selection than elsewhere, but at higher prices.

I'm thinking if Lego wanted to help sell off the remaining character packs, they could just do a software update to give out new abilities to characters that aren't selling well.

I think it's a shame that it's ending as Dimensions seems well-loved, but I hope they go back to traditional games. As someone who doesn't own nor have any interest in owning a console like the Xbox or Wii U, I was extremely disappointed when they came out with amazing licenses like Fantastic Beasts that was exclusively limited to this game. I hope they make proper sets for some of the licenses they've acquired and I hope they continue to make the original games like Lego Batman and things like that. I would've loved to play a video game of the Lego Batman Movie, but I'm not going to shell out the money for the starter pack, a console, and the Batman Movie story pack just to play it.

Welp, guess I'm not getting rid of my Wii U any time soon. It just became my dedicated Dimensions machine. Hopefully they find some way of getting less traditional licenses to us. They seem to be trying to compete with companies like Funko, and it's hard to imagine them pulling the plug on their biggest source of pop culture merch without a secondary source. That might just be what happens with BrickHeadz, but it's the minifigure style that's really made Lego so iconic, so sooner or later they'll have to fill that void or lose the pop culture collectibles market.

I'm not saying that I'm happy if it's ending, but it has been a good journey with a good game and lots of different additional content and licenses. I guess the hype is slowing down, so it could be difficult to sell enough content for season 3 to be profitable. 

On 08/03/2017 at 10:31 PM, temes said:

I'm not saying that I'm happy if it's ending, but it has been a good journey with a good game and lots of different additional content and licenses. I guess the hype is slowing down, so it could be difficult to sell enough content for season 3 to be profitable. 

The "hype" did slow down tremendously in Year 1 probably at an even faster rate than Year 2, and I thought they did a really good job of bringing it back and making the "hype" even bigger in Year 2.

So in J2G's latest video he talks about what is still to come for Dimensions and says that we are still getting Beast Boy, Starfire, Raven, Powerpuff Girls, Beetlejuice, and Vortech. So I'm glad to hear that we will be able to have all the Teen Titans in game at once! 

He also talks about how there were talks of a Wonder Woman Fun Pack happening for the movie. More Scooby Doo characters with Scrappy :cry_sad: I don't know if I should bring this up but there were also other Doctor Who characters pitched. 

Edited by Ashnflash

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

More Scooby Doo characters with Scrappy :cry_sad:

54.jpg

It's rare I get mad at something Lego has done, but this is one of those moments. So close, so close... Who knows, maybe they'll do another line of Scooby sets with whatever proposed characters they'd already designed, at least that's what I'll be telling myself as I cry myself to sleep.

Edited by strangely

5 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

He also talks about how there were talks of a Wonder Woman Fun Pack happening for the movie.

A Wonder Woman fun pack would have been great as the MCU has a LEGO game and  the DCEU hasn't (Though there was a Man of Steel DLC in LEGO Batman 3). Also more Doctor Who would have been great!!

Edited by jhuyser

More word on the cancellation of Dimensions.

http://www.brickstolife.com/the-quiet-cancellation-of-lego-dimensions/

Bricks to Life is a very reliable source for Dimensions as they have previously shown multiple connections, so @just2good is almost guaranteed to be right.

And for the record, I believed @just2good from the start. Thanks man. :thumbup:

I'm guessing if they can get Star Wars, Marvel, and Indiana Jones into Lego Dimensions, maybe they'll postpone the end.

If it is the end, I have some nice minifigures with nice round base stands and will dismantle the vehicles and use the parts. Looking forward to a full standalone Ninjago Movie game.

9 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

More word on the cancellation of Dimensions.

http://www.brickstolife.com/the-quiet-cancellation-of-lego-dimensions/

Bricks to Life is a very reliable source for Dimensions as they have previously shown multiple connections, so @just2good is almost guaranteed to be right.

And for the record, I believed @just2good from the start. Thanks man. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, their website has been down all day   :sceptic:

I don't know if anyone else is watching the live stream on twitch with Brickstolife and I assume other toys to life gamers. Anyways they aren't realizing that the price is fair for the packs. And them wanting Dimensions to go digital is stupid. These people don't understand I think the the appeal of LEGO Dimensions. They also don't know what they're talking about when they're describing other LEGO sets. 

Some interesting tidbits. Reportedly nothing at all is happening in the Dimensions dev. department, they've been given different jobs on upcoming projects. 

I don't know about you guys. But if Dimensions goes digitally then I for one will not be participating. At least not to the extent that I have already. 

Edited by Ashnflash

7 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I don't know if anyone else is watching the live stream on twitch with Brickstolife and I assume other toys to life gamers. Anyways they aren't realizing that the price is fair for the packs. And them wanting Dimensions to go digital is stupid. These people don't understand I think the the appeal of LEGO Dimensions. They also don't know what they're talking about when they're describing other LEGO sets. 

Some interesting tidbits. Reportedly nothing at all is happening in the Dimensions dev. department, they've been given different jobs on upcoming projects. 

I don't know about you guys. But if Dimensions goes digitally then I for one will not be participating. At least not to the extent that I have already. 

I go back and forth. I'm a pretty big fan of the Lego games in general- they are ones that my wife and I consistently play together- and Dimensions is no exception.

I think that there were two key appeals for Dimensions:

1. The physical bricks and minifigs. Lots of neat parts and some exclusive minifigs. Doesn't hurt that they would see discounts more in line with video game sales as opposed to (seemingly less frequent) Lego sales.
  2. Franchises getting a (Lego) gaming treatment that otherwise would not. Doctor Who, Gremlins, Goonies, E.T., etc,

Point 1 applies to Lego hobbyists far more so than a more casual gamer. One reason my wife stopped enjoying the game as much was that there was simply more setup involved to actually play (and with as two-year-old running around the house, we need to be sure to put everything away when we're done). Having the tethered portal (as opposed to wireless) didn't help things either: couch co-op suddenly becomes more complex and cumbersome.

Point 2 applies to gamers more in general, but can sometimes be a hard sell for Lego Games' majority demographic.

While I'm an ideal demographic (both points 1 and 2 apply to me), I'm not the target demographic per se.

I don't think we'll see Dimensions continue on in its current form (which is a shame for me, since I do love the series). That said, don't be surprised when something similar but different shows up down the road. I recall reading how there were three approaches Lego was going to take with the digital space that eventually became Fusions, Dimensions, and Worlds. Fusions was an awesome idea that couldn't be executed to its full potential, Dimensions was an awesome idea that is necessarily driven by demand in two disparate markets (physical and digital), and Worlds is still in its infancy.

Both Lego bricks and Lego games are incredibly successful products, and a closer alignment of the two is not surprising. Will be interesting to see where it goes next.

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but Brickset is now listing the five rumored "Connectables" (71259 through 71263) with the note: "This set was not released."

That's different from an unreleased set that's definitely on the way, which has the note: "This set has not yet been released."

8 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but Brickset is now listing the five rumored "Connectables" (71259 through 71263) with the note: "This set was not released."

That's different from an unreleased set that's definitely on the way, which has the note: "This set has not yet been released."

I hadn't noticed that... bummer. Would be curious to know what they would have been.

44 minutes ago, juno2023 said:

I hadn't noticed that... bummer. Would be curious to know what they would have been.

The plans I believe were too be accessories that you could put on the portal to give characters that ability. Like I guess one could have been a sword and then Slimer would be able to pick that up and use it to get the gold brick. If memory serves correctly... I think people talked about it a while back. 

Hopefully that is a part of Brickstolife's article about the cancelled Dimensions products. 

Edited by Ashnflash