TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

On 2/17/2017 at 6:28 AM, BrickG said:

I have to wonder what Lego did to end up in the 99 cent stores. I am back in the US for a bit and was curious to see this legend. I went to a 99 Cent Only store (which is NOT only 99 cents) and there was a HUGE wall of these. I was very tempted to buy an army of Bart Simpsons lol. In the end I bought 1 of each. I mean, none of them are really army-able and I don't even know why I bought some. I already have 3 Gimlis and Barts. Now I have one more I guess?

I wonder if Lego didn't meet the sales expectations. To see something like LEGO in a dollar store is really surprising. They have such a price cut. I wonder if any money is being made on them and if so, that's quite a huge markup Lego does. 

On the Inside Dimensions podcast, the info they shared was that there was 400+ pallets of cases of Dimensions that were at a distributor.  And that stores like Dollar Tree, Big Lots, 99 Cent Stores, Ross, etc, bid on the pallets.  99 Cent Stores won, and that's why they got it.  It's a similar model to how those store get other products.  It was a one time distributor liquidation, so don't expect it to happen again.

(All of that is attributed to Inside Dimensions)

If that's true about it ending, can I just say...

...what a relief. I'm already way behind, and I'd never be able to catch up if it went past Year 3. I like the game, but I'd much rather go back to traditional TT LEGO games.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Fascinating. Part of me wants the game to end because I've spent soooo much money on it and what @8BrickMario said. The other part of me wants it to stay because we've gotten so many new licenses for LEGO which I personally would never have thought possible. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Hyped for Vortech!

Wait what? It's rumored to be ending? I want Raven too...

I wouldn't be surprised though. The companies always seem to over-invest in something that hasn't ever been able to hold the fans for THAT long (I guess Spyro and... maybe Amiibos are the exceptions?). Especially when the extra content given is really... actually not that good IMO. Like a Lego level will give you a couple of hours of fun. Better to spend your money elsewhere for most people.

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Well, if that does turn out to be the case it could well be because toys-to-life as an overall genre seems to be on the wane. Infinity was cancelled, and Skylanders is not releasing a new installment this year for the first time since the original debuted. 

Neither of those have the mass popularity of LEGO though.

7 minutes ago, scorchfire said:

wait a minute..... so no Teen titans Go Raven fun pack or whatever????? damn, the team will be forever incomplete

Just now, BrickG said:

Wait what? It's rumored to be ending? I want Raven too...

I wouldn't be surprised though. The companies always seem to over-invest in something that hasn't ever been able to hold the fans for THAT long (I guess Spyro and... maybe Amiibos are the exceptions?). Especially when the extra content given is really... actually not that good IMO. Like a Lego level will give you a couple of hours of fun. Better to spend your money elsewhere for most people.

According to J2G rest of year 2 (wave 8, TTG, PPG and Beetlejuice) is still happening. Nothing more however (expect for Vortech).

Just now, Krulis said:

According to J2G rest of year 2 (wave 8, TTG, PPG and Beetlejuice) is still happening. Nothing more however (expect for Vortech).

great news then!!! still sad about dimensions as many have said, it was a very reliable way to get licenses that we would have never gotten otherwise. Portal, A-team, M:I and little comebacks lke harry potter/beasts. guess only nintendo can, barely, keep afloat the toys to life sub-genre.

Dimensions subreddit is in some serious denial. They are questioning J2G and CM4Sci credibility, downvoting their posts and mods are threatening to delete any new threads about possible cancelation of the game. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

21 minutes ago, Krulis said:

Dimensions subreddit is in some serious denial. They are questioning J2G and CM4Sci credibility, downvoting their posts and mods are threatening to delete any new threads about possible cancelation of the game. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Wellllllll....

Instead of 10,000 posts about it, the mods made a sticky (or mega) thread in the sub.  That's pretty typical of most subreddits.  No reason to have a ton of threads with one or two posts, when you can just have one big thread for the discussion.

I didn't see any questioning of CM4Sci's credibility, only J2G.  Overall, the problem seems to be that J2G is the *only* source for this information at this moment.  People have gotten burned before, believing a single source of info (remember the Sports and Power Rangers themes that were rumored to be coming out this year?).  In light of any other information, it's best to be skeptical, no matter how credible a source has been in the past.

I do find it interesting that other major Dimensions news sites, like Bricks to Life, haven't made a comment (yet) about the situation.  Based on the BtL site owner's participation on the Inside Dimensions pocast, he seems to have some contacts with TT Games.  Whether he has any information, or is choosing not to share, I don't know.  But until I see more than one source for this information, I'm going to remain skeptical.

(I honestly think it could go either way, but have no idea yet which way it will go)

Honestly I won't believe anything until official confirmation of cancellation. I enjoy J2G's YouTube channel, but I honestly can't say I trust him here. Something about making vague statements without any source shown rubs me the wrong way. If Dimensions is cancelled I would be massively disappointed but its understandable. 

Then again he's been saying that for a long time. "Oh Lego Dimensions won't last after Year Two." or "It's probably gonna end soon." Yeah okay we get it J2G you don't care about Lego Dimensions anymore but you don't have to announce this opinion every time someone brings up the game. I mean don't get me wrong, I like Just2good but until we have official news saying that Lego Dimensions is cancelled we can't take this as fact. Maybe it's not true maybe it is but until then we don't know anything about the game's fate. All we know is that we've got another wave coming in May and we are possibly getting another wave because of Teen Titans Go!, Beetlejuice and the Powerpuff Girls. That's it, that's all we know. On one hand it'll be understandable if it is true because like everyone's said the Toys to Life genre is dying out, on the other hand we can't say for sure if that's the case because it's not certain what will happen after Year Two. Again I stand by what I said before, all we can do now is wait, we've got all of this year to find out what's gonna happen so all we need to do is just relax for the time being. They'll tell us when they are ready I'm sure of it.

It's a shame it had to end so soon, but I guess it was to be expected, since the Toys-to-Life genre is basically done now. I guess it's kind of good, because we'll get the usual games again, but the franchises and minifigures were AMAZING. *sigh* Ah well, it was a good run, anyways.

Well, at least the Vortech rumor is confirmed. That will be super cool, interested to see how he'll turn out since he's almost completely translucent in the game. I think it's a good pack to end the game with.

I don't know why everyone thinks Just2Good is lying or wrong or whatever. Has he ever been wrong before? I mean, I'm as disappointed about this as the next guy, but he seems pretty certain about this, so it may be time to accept the truth or at least prepare for the potential worst. I tried explaining all this to the guys at the LEGO Dimensions Wiki, but they are also in some SERIOUS denial.

Edited by npgcole

1 minute ago, npgcole said:

It's a shame it had to end so soon, but I guess it was to be expected, since the Toys-to-Life genre is basically done now. I guess it's kind of good, because we'll get the usual games again, but the franchises and minifigures were AMAZING. *sigh* Ah well, it was a good run, anyways.

Well, at least the Vortech rumor is confirmed. That will be super cool, interested to see how he'll turn out since he's almost completely translucent in the game. I think it's a good pack to end the game with.

I don't know why everyone thinks Just2Good is lying or wrong or whatever. Has he ever been wrong before? I mean, I'm as disappointed about this as the next guy, but he seems pretty certain about this, so it may be time to accept the truth or at least prepare for the potential worst. I tried explaining all this to the guys at the LEGO Dimensions Wiki, but they are also in some SERIOUS denial.

To be honest with you, I don't know what to believe. I'm just kind of caught up in the middle of it all really. 

I missed this piece of info before, but, who besides Supergirl has the lantern power? And if no one currently, will any of the remaining sets have it?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, daryen said:

I missed this piece of info before, but, who besides Supergirl has the lantern power? And if no one currently, will any of the remaining sets have it?

Thanks!

The Powerpuff Girls will have that ability.

6 hours ago, npgcole said:

If they do Lord Vortech, then it would be nice to have a Story Pack continuing the story on from the main story and tying up why Gandalf, Batman and Wyldstyle appear in the Year 2 Level Packs.

Gotta love how everyone's considered just2good as a reliable source on Lego and Lego dimensions for a while now, but the minute he says that Dimensions is dead everyone turns around and calls him a fraud (some people even said he's saying this just to benefit his YouTube channel... even though he hasn't made a video on this issue).

Stay classy Internet.

47 minutes ago, AyliffeMakit said:

Gotta love how everyone's considered just2good as a reliable source on Lego and Lego dimensions for a while now, but the minute he says that Dimensions is dead everyone turns around and calls him a fraud (some people even said he's saying this just to benefit his YouTube channel... even though he hasn't made a video on this issue).

Stay classy Internet.

Legit, it's kind of making me mad to an extent. Not really the people here. Mostly the people on the LEGO Dimensions subreddit. 

I'll say what I said there, but I think you guys deserve to know what's going on, you won't hear it right away from TT Games. They want to make the most money out of you guys. They're going to announce it as late as they financially came. I understand the game means a lot to you guys, in terms of time and money invested to get the most out of it. That's why I'm telling you guys now. If you don't want to believe, wait, and get your hopes crushed, go for it. I think some of what they're doing is scummy, keeping your dreams up that this would last more than three years, doing console exclusives,  doing less content than expected, etc.

Many are asking me to reveal my source or wherever I heard such from but of course I can't do that. I'm putting my credibility on the line for this, but that's because I know how important this is for some people. 

22 minutes ago, just2good said:

Many are asking me to reveal my source or wherever I heard such from but of course I can't do that. I

I understand that. Many fail to realise that sometimes if sources are revealed it can result in people losing their jobs, or damaging any contractual negotiations that may be taking place at LEGO.

Well, all good things must come to and end, i for one trust Just2Good that Year 2 is the last, i mean why else would they push Wave 8 to May. People i know how much the game means to everyone, to me personally. The only thing you can do now is enjoy it till the very last update and wave and remember what LEGO Dimensions did for us as a LEGO Video Game community who loved seeing our favorite franchises from our childhood come true in LEGO form.

Edited by Ordinareo

I don't own the literal game, and only collect the minifigures. With that being said, the only LEGO Dimensions thing I've done was stalk these forums for the last four months. Believe me Just2Good, I'm not in denial and in fear of my hopes being "dashed". Please don't make it seem like those who don't believe you simply don't want to face the truth. The fact is I will believe it when I see it from TT Games and Lego themselves. Hope you understand.

Most likely just abort the game

28 minutes ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

But what happens if the game ends? Are they gonna have a "Complete" version with all characters accessible, or just abandon the whole game all together?

5 minutes ago, TheMayor said:

I don't own the literal game, and only collect the minifigures. With that being said, the only LEGO Dimensions thing I've done was stalk these forums for the last four months. Believe me Just2Good, I'm not in denial and in fear of my hopes being "dashed". Please don't make it seem like those who don't believe you simply don't want to face the truth. The fact is I will believe it when I see it from TT Games and Lego themselves. Hope you understand.

I didn't see this way at first but you have helped me understand it. Thank you.