TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Does anyone know if you can transfer saves between the PS3 and the PS4? I might be getting a PS4 come Boxing Day so I'm wondering if I have to start over.... Also do you need to purchase PSN or whatever it's called in order to update or download the Year 2 content? 

You don't need PSN to download updates, that's mainly for online multiplayer, and as for the save files, I don't think they can be transferred,.

5 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

You don't need PSN to download updates, that's mainly for online multiplayer, and as for the save files, I don't think they can be transferred,.

Oh okay. But with the Dimensions Year 2 stuff isn't it downloadable content? Like it's a free DLC download from the Store?

Yes, but PSN is free, you might be getting confused with PlayStation Plus, which you have to pay for but isn't required to play Dimensions.

3 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Yes, but PSN is free, you might be getting confused with PlayStation Plus, which you have to pay for but isn't required to play Dimensions.

PSN isn't free on PS4 unfortunately.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

PSN isn't free on PS4 unfortunately.

You don't need to pay for PSN to use the store on the PS4, only to access multiplayer.

As someone who just got a PS4 (not a gift, couldn't resist a sale) signing up for PSN is absolutely free. It allows you to enjoy the PlayStation store, and is definitely something you should consider having just in case.

PS+, however, costs an unfortunate amount of cash, although if you love playing online multiplayer, and enjoy the program's perks, it's definitely for you. You don't need it for Dimensions though.

Thanks guys for the clarification! I won't need multiplayer until the new Battlefront comes out anyways but I just thought I'd ask.

Edited by Ashnflash

Aaaand now I have the PS4 version of the game...

...and Supergirl, but that's totally not the reason I picked it up. Well that and the lag on the Wii U (and its imminent outmoding).

Noticed some familiar-looking packages under the tree. Excited for the morning.

I haven't gotten around to reading reviews, impressions etc. yet about the new level packs.

Can anyone here give me the consensus opinion (if there is such a thing lol) about:

- The Mission Impossible level pack

-The Sonic Level pack

Yay or nay? Kinda tempted seeing as they are currently only like 18 euros on amazon hmm...

1 hour ago, Darth Wayne said:

I haven't gotten around to reading reviews, impressions etc. yet about the new level packs.

Can anyone here give me the consensus opinion (if there is such a thing lol) about:

-The Sonic Level pack

Yay or nay? Kinda tempted seeing as they are currently only like 18 euros on amazon hmm...

Both of those Level Packs have gotten favorable reviews.

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Aaaand now I have the PS4 version of the game...

...and Supergirl, but that's totally not the reason I picked it up. Well that and the lag on the Wii U (and its imminent outmoding).

I ended up buying the PS4 version for $30 just to get Supergirl for my Wii U version. :grin: I don't have a PS4 so I'll probably just sell the rest of the Starter Pack...

Merry Christmas everyone. Got the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Story Pack today and I didn't get the chance to play a whole lot of it though mainly because I was doing a poor job of constructing the gateway for said pack. Managed to play through the first levels though. I gotta say it's very good so far. I like how you go straight to the Adventure World as soon as you complete the first level. 

5 hours ago, Darth Wayne said:

-The Sonic Level pack

The Mission: Impossible pack was more entertaining than I expected. My familiarity with the franchise ends at the 2nd film, so the focus on the first film still hits those "ooh, 'member that" buttons. I don't particularly care about the figures and builds, though new fleshie LEGO pieces are useful, especially the dual-molded arms. The main reason I bought the pack was for Ethan Hunt's abilities, but I wasn't disappointed by the content either. If you get it for a good sale price, I'd say it's a fair deal.

As for Sonic, I love everything about it, the figure, the builds, and the content. I admittedly have more pre-existing fondness for Sonic, and that surely plays into it, but I still think the Sonic levels and adventure world are genuinely better. Everything is so bright and fun and fast. Sonic zips around quite well. The figure isn't much good for anything but Sonic, but if you're interested in that, he looks damn good. I bought this on day one, sales be damned. Sonic is now one of a handful of characters that I almost always keep on the toypad while playing.

Hope that helps. Merry Christmas!

On 25/12/2016 at 2:57 PM, Realshow said:

Eeeeeeee

I have the Sonic level pack now. I'm so excited to play it.

I started playing it today, although I haven't finished the level yet because embarrassingly it takes me ages to build the mini-builds! 

On 25/12/2016 at 10:30 PM, Starscream759 said:

Merry Christmas everyone. Got the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Story Pack today and I didn't get the chance to play a whole lot of it though mainly because I was doing a poor job of constructing the gateway for said pack. Managed to play through the first levels though. I gotta say it's very good so far. I like how you go straight to the Adventure World as soon as you complete the first level. 

I got the Ghostbusters level pack and Stay Puft fun pack for my 21st birthday on 20th December and the Sonic The Hedgehog level pack, Ghostbusters 2016 and Fantastic Beasts Story Packs for Christmas. Played through the entirety of the Ghostbusters level pack and loved it. Shame that if you play two player and use the TARDIS to fly around during the Gozer battle it crashes though.

2 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I started playing it today, although I haven't finished the level yet because embarrassingly it takes me ages to build the mini-builds! 

I got the Ghostbusters level pack and Stay Puft fun pack for my 21st birthday on 20th December and the Sonic The Hedgehog level pack, Ghostbusters 2016 and Fantastic Beasts Story Packs for Christmas. Played through the entirety of the Ghostbusters level pack and loved it. Shame that if you play two player and use the TARDIS to fly around during the Gozer battle it crashes though.

I still need to play the other 4 levels for the Fantastic Beasts story pack I'll probably get around to doing that when I have at least gotten through the other stuff I got for Christmas. And considering how many things I got it's gonna take a while for me at least.

9 minutes ago, Starscream759 said:

I still need to play the other 4 levels for the Fantastic Beasts story pack I'll probably get around to doing that when I have at least gotten through the other stuff I got for Christmas. And considering how many things I got it's gonna take a while for me at least.

I think I'll probably play the Ghostbusters Story Pack next after I've finished the Sonic The Hedgehog level. It'll be fun having Peter Venkman in a 2016 Ghostbusters level!

On 12/25/2016 at 0:46 PM, Darth Wayne said:

-The Sonic Level pack

The Sonic pack is one of my favorites. The level plays like the perfect marriage between classic/Gamecube-era Sonic and Lego games, with an incredible amount of love and some really witty dialogue and visual gags (especially for fans of the franchise). Plus it's really nice to have Sonic for races and just generally getting around places faster. 

45 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Here's some news - Chase in a Fun Pack, TTG Team Pack, and Lord Vortech Fun Pack (finally!) semi-confirmed!

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dimensions-upcoming-expansion-packs-datamined/

FINALLY! MY DREAMS OF GETTING ALL THREE POWERPUFF GIRLS IS TRUE! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE CUSTOMS! EVEN THOUGH IT'S BASED ON THE REBOOT I'M STILL HAPPY!!!

WHY AM I ON ALL CAPS?!?

3 hours ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

FINALLY! MY DREAMS OF GETTING ALL THREE POWERPUFF GIRLS IS TRUE! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE CUSTOMS! EVEN THOUGH IT'S BASED ON THE REBOOT I'M STILL HAPPY!!!

WHY AM I ON ALL CAPS?!?

I'm really sorry I don't wanna get your hopes up but the information obtained is from the coding of the game. Saying that we get all 3 Powerpuff Girls does not at all mean that there will be figures....

Lord Vortech is super exciting to hear though, also since we know there is supposed to be 2 TTG I'm really hoping that Star Fire will be coming in Level Pack or Fun Pack. I personally think that like the Connectables, the second Ghostbusters pack was also probably cancelled because of its lack of success at the box office. 

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

I personally think that like the Connectables, the second Ghostbusters pack was also probably cancelled because of its lack of success at the box office. 

I doubt it. The Ghostbusters 2016 Story Pack has proven so popular that you rarely see it on the shelves in any shop. Also: the film is doing extremely well on home media.