TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Just now, CM4Sci said:

That explains it. Zero interest from me. :tongue: 

Good ok I'm not the only one :look:

Just saw a post. But for all the Americans wanting to get the Green Arrow figure, each store is only allotted 20. 

4 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I have it all on DVD, and have actually made Rimmer and The Cat in Lego (still looking for the right head for Kryten) and am looking forward to playing it in the game. I wasn't being derogatory, just stating a fact :)

I know. I actually got to meet Danny John Jules and Robert Llewellyn who played The Cat and Kryten respectively at a convention in London only last year. They were pretty cool guys. But yeah massive fan on the show if you hadn't guessed. 

I had never heard of Red Dwarf before until now. Does it have any sort of behind-the-scenes connections to any other properties? Like, could this be something like the Flintstones and Jetsons areas? If we were getting any more actual IPs, wouldn't we have seen their portals alongside all the other upcoming ones?

The only really loose connection between Red Dwarf and another Lego Dimensions property is Doctor Who. Both made by the BBC. And in a few scenes on the show Red Dwarf if you look really closely at the shuttle bay you can see the Tardis parked inside it. 

So im guessing if it's not a new pack it will be an area that can only be accessed with the Tardis. 

And a Red Dwarf set just reached 10000 supporters on Lego Ideas.. So it's not entirely impossible for it to become a set. 

Edited by dyntar

2 hours ago, dyntar said:

The only really loose connection between Red Dwarf and another Lego Dimensions property is Doctor Who. Both made by the BBC. And in a few scenes on the show Red Dwarf if you look really closely at the shuttle bay you can see the Tardis parked inside it. 

So im guessing if it's not a new pack it will be an area that can only be accessed with the Tardis. 

And a Red Dwarf set just reached 10000 supporters on Lego Ideas.. So it's not entirely impossible for it to become a set. 

Well if Doctor Who didn't sell well and people have at least heard of it. This thing, I've been asking people and they have no idea what this I personally doubt that LEGO will go with another BBC property like this. 

And before any Doctor Who fans start freaking out on me, I bought the set day one and want more but it is now on clearance meanwhile the Ghostbusters and DeLoreon hasn't I believe.  

1 hour ago, Mattah12 said:

So apparently Bricks-to-life were going to be revealing the Year 1 Portal secret last night, anyone heard anything?

I wasn't aware they were still revealing stuff. I thought they found everything or at least found what they were looking for. 

I'm sure others have complained about this before, but I got the Gremlins pack today, and I hadn't noticed Gizmo's plain white leg piece before for some reason. I don't understand why they would make a really detailed head/torso only to go lazy with the legs!?!?!? ... there should be pink toes and some brown blobs or something :S .... it looks terrible and completely ruins the mini-figure imo. 

Edited by Undi3sss

18 minutes ago, Undi3sss said:

I'm sure others have complained about this before, but I got the Gremlins pack today, and I hadn't noticed Gizmo's plain white leg piece before for some reason. I don't understand why they would make a really detailed head/torso only to go lazy with the legs!?!?!? ... there should be pink toes and some brown blobs or something :S .... it looks terrible and completely ruins the mini-figure imo. 

It bothered me a bit, but not enough to ruin it. Plus, have there ever been printed short legs? Maybe they can't be printed, which is why it's plain...

25 minutes ago, legozebra said:

It bothered me a bit, but not enough to ruin it. Plus, have there ever been printed short legs? Maybe they can't be printed, which is why it's plain...

Bart Simpson has printed short legs.

The CW-Flash Easter-Egg is amazing. It's in Chapter 5 of the Fantastic Beast Story Pack. The Tardis allows you to travel to Star Labs and most of the Minikits are hidden there: https://youtu.be/W1UJ6KX94bM

I think a Flash Level pack might be a possibility for Year 3. Considering that he's one of the only major Justice League members missing from the game. Besides Green Lantern, but seeing as how many Lantern Constructs are needed to solve puzzles in Year 2, they should definetly release Green Lantern as well.

Edited by Metanoios91

17 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

have people made MODS for Lego Dimensions (or is this even possible)

No it is not possible because it isn't PC. And screw this Red Dwarf easter egg. EVERYONE loves the Flash, to be able to walk around Star Labs, TT Games is insane if they don't give us stuff from the CW-verse...

They could use the existing Arrow skin from the Lego Batman 3 DLC. Since they are already adding new skins for Teen Titans Go and the LEGO Batman Movie, they might continue this trend with the CW-Verse. It was already confirmed that Robin and Cyborg would change when entering Teen Titans (I have a feeling that Harley, Joker, Bane etc. will change skins in the LEGO Batman world as well)

Oh my god! Yes! All my yes! I'd so want The Flash in the game because I am a fan of the TV series and I'd so want Flash to show up. I'm so looking forward to looking for that easter egg as well as the Red Dwarf one when I get the new stuff for the game! 

9 hours ago, Undi3sss said:

Bart Simpson has printed short legs.

Oh! Yes, forgot the slingshot... In that case, I'm not sure why they weren't printed. Have short legs ever been printed at the front?

1 hour ago, Starscream759 said:

Oh my god! Yes! All my yes! I'd so want The Flash in the game because I am a fan of the TV series and I'd so want Flash to show up. I'm so looking forward to looking for that easter egg as well as the Red Dwarf one when I get the new stuff for the game! 

Same here! I'm not getting my hopes up too high, because we had similar teasers for other brands which never came to fruition, but I'm really hoping this happens!

It would be awesome if they gave us the CW Flash. Who knows, maybe they'll give it to us as a polybag or something (Since that's what they did with Green Arrow).

Thought #1: What the WHAAAAAT? That Flash easter egg is too cool! I have complicated feelings about the CW show, but I've always been a huge Flash fan, and that treadmill bit from the video was awwwwwwwwwwwwesome.

Thought #2: Yes, Gizmo's legs are quite disappointing, even more so considering that the pure white ABS looks so different from the white-printing-on-brown ABS. Disappointing. And yet it's still hard to believe that minifigure even exists, so it can't really bother me too much. Even when it does :wink:

Thought #3: Bought Sonic today. He looks SO AMAZING.

Thought #4: The most frustrating part of Year 2 is the insanely large updates. I downloaded all the new levels and whatnot early, so that when I got home from work, after stopping by Wal-Mart to pick up Sonic, I could just sit down and jump right in. But no. Of course there's another update. 12 GB? Oh, okay, I guess I'm not playing AT ALL tonight. Can we please just release the flarking update a day or two earlier, so that I can actually play it when I buy it? Flarkin' a. It's cool, I'm off tomorrow, I'll play it then, but sheesh.

Thought #5: The Lantern construct pad is needed to get a minikit, so I guess that confirms the general public will have access to either Supergirl or another Lantern at some point in the future. At least logically. Right?

Edited by rob-ot5000
I had a fifth thought!

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

Oh! Yes, forgot the slingshot... In that case, I'm not sure why they weren't printed.

I'd guess because for most people it's just not a huge issue, Undi3sss's disappointment notwithstanding. There are plenty of minifigures that lack much more significant details that plenty of us still think are fantastic, and while I have seen people nitpick and complain about printing or lack thereof on various other minifigures, I haven't seen anyone else outside this thread complain about the lack of printing on the legs of this particular figure (in fact, if anything, I've seen people pleased with the legs as they are, since short legs in plain white are a rarity). I certainly don't think the lack of printing, which I consider somewhere from an extremely minor issue to a complete non-issue, remotely approaches completely ruining the figure.

But YMMV, and none of the above is to say either of you is "wrong", of course - different strokes for different folks and all that, and if you're disappointed, you're disappointed. But speaking for myself, it's just not what I'd call a big deal.

Downloaded and installed the big update for PS4 yesterday night, ready for the new sets!

Then this morning I wanted to go to that console in the game HUB where you could choose which worlds you wanted do download... Couldn't find it... Wasn't there.

I specifically remembered there was such a menu for the start of Year 2 'cos I downloaded the A-Team world there seperately. Thought it was a good idea to be able to download only the worlds you wanted to play and not clutter the HD unnecessarily.

What gives? Were all new worlds downloaded in the last update anyway or what?

AAANYWAY... Going to look for the new stuff in stores today. Yaaay!