TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I kinda hope Star Wars and Marvel never come to Lego Dimensions. i think Lego should keep doing properties that haven't been in Lego or Toys to life video games. does Lego Dimensions really need Star Wars and Marvel? I really don't think so.

LEGO Dimensions would make more profit if they added Marvel and Star Wars, if you ask me.

Edited by Ordinareo

Does Dimensions need Star Wars and Marvel? Yes.

Does Star Wars and Marvel need Dimensions? Yes.

Lego can't afford to have two of the biggest and available IPs out of the game and two of the biggest IPs can't afford to sit this out.

I kinda hope Star Wars and Marvel never come to Lego Dimensions. i think Lego should keep doing properties that haven't been in Lego or Toys to life video games. does Lego Dimensions really need Star Wars and Marvel? I really don't think so.

100% with you on this, there is no way that we would get a big focus on Adventure Time and 80's brands if they added Star Wars and Marvel

Arthur and James both get confused and call the licenses and worlds "packs." They have no planned Sonic packs beside the one he is. The other characters, ie. Knuckles, Tails, Doctor Eggman... Are all characters that you will see in the Level Pack and in the world, along with 25+ other characters.

I think Lego will definitely continue making more obscure licenses and things from the 80's as long as they think they will sell. I think once they run out of IP's that will sell then they can introduce Star Wars, Marvel and Disney. They could even go into some of the more obscure Disney worlds like Kingdom Hearts did.

Meh, Lego Dimensions definitely doesn't NEED Star Wars or Marvel. Even from a money point of view, look how much it helped Disney Infinity- it didn't. Game still didn't make enough money.

We've already had so many Star Wars Lego games that I wouldn't want more than 1-2 Fun Packs. No need for anything that takes up actual Level space. Same thing for Marvel. Also, these characters are easily obtained for collectors already anyway. Disney on the other hand, if they stick to like one major movie, I'm okay with that, but I don't need Disney taking up one of the new Themes when we're already getting a minifigure line for those.

I disagree about Marvel. Who wouldn't want to see DC and Marvel in the same game?

I'd love Star Wars and Marvel in the game. I'm sure they wouldn't make too many packs since they've already got stand-alone games.

I wonder what Hermiones vehicle/gadget will be since they already used the Hogwarts Express and Flying Car. Maybe her

Time Turner that can use DeLorean switches?

It's not necessarily associated closely with Hermione, but the Knight Bus could make a good vehicle to include.

Would it be wishful thinking to hope we get at least one actual Sonic set? We did get Doctor Who and Adventure time, though those were Ideas sets...

Yeah, not happening any time soon.

Would it be wishful thinking to hope we get at least one actual Sonic set? We did get Doctor Who and Adventure time, though those were Ideas sets...

Well yeah, but the ideas sets came out before their dimensions release. It's kind of like ideas hints at future themes for dimensions. This is not the case for sonic.

Well, i'd say reasonable, GB had one, Doctor Where had one, and Adventure Time, so... I'd think Fantastic Beasts defenitely deserves one also.

Does Dimensions need Star Wars and Marvel? Yes.

Does Star Wars and Marvel need Dimensions? Yes.

Lego can't afford to have two of the biggest and available IPs out of the game and two of the biggest IPs can't afford to sit this out.

well i would like to see Star Wars and Marvel but its just they have been in toys to life games already.. its just i kinda want them to do something new because look at Disney Infinity that game had both Star Wars and Marvel but then it failed in sales compare to Lego Dimensions. most people are not interested in just classic disney characters that's one of the reasons why the game failed and also because all the characters pretty much were the same except had different fighting abilities. like i said i love Star Wars and Marvel but when i think about it does Lego Dimensions really need them to be successful? i don't think so.

I disagree about Marvel. Who wouldn't want to see DC and Marvel in the same game?

well yeah i would like to see that but i heard that they can't have two comic book brands in the same game. so I don't know maybe. but to be fair if we did get them there would be no new characters we already have Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor as Lego Minifigures when say something like Tom and Jerry we haven't had minifigures of those characters.

If demands get REALLY high, as well as it having a bunch of Ideas projects, we may get one official set by LEGO. But even Portal didn't get one, so I dunno about Sonic.

But I would like it if it happened, since Tails isn't going to be in the game. And that probably means Knuckles will be excluded too.

Edited by gamejutzu

But I would like it if it happened, since Tails isn't going to be in the game. And that probably means Knuckles will be excluded too.

Amazon description basicly confirms that level packis the only Sonic related thing we'll get for the game. It calls the adventure world exclusive (just like with Gremlins).

http://www.thebrickf...rder-on-amazon/

So yeah, if anyone hoped for more Sonic (or Gremlins, or E.T. for that matter) content in game, no luck.

Edited by Krulis

Amazon description basicly confirms that level packis the only Sonic related thing we'll get for the game. It calls the adventure world exclusive (just like with Gremlins).

http://www.thebrickf...rder-on-amazon/

So yeah, if anyone hoped for more Sonic (or Gremlins, or E.T. for that matter) content in game, no luck.

true and maybe in the future if there is a high demand for more characters from say Sonic then maybe we will get some more. but i am ok with just getting Sonic for right now. now as for ET and Gremlins i understand those for just having those characters playable. so now that we know we won't be getting 2 packs for Gremlins, Sonic and ET. then what are those 3 packs remaining. because we know we are getting 24 packs and we know that Knight Rider, Gremlins, Sonic, ET, The A-Team, Mission Impossible, Beetlejuice and The Goonies will be getting 1 pack each. so maybe we are getting more packs for Harry Potter and Adventure Time. i think maybe we will get another pack with Ron and another pack with the Ice King. Edited by BatmanFanboy

It is true that Ghostbusters will have two packs? With Abby Yates and with ghost

We don't know the other pack yet

It is true that Ghostbusters will have two packs? With Abby Yates and with ghost

I hope not. But we might be getting another adventure time pack!

Nooooo. It does not deserve another pack! I

I find LEGO games are not dependent on the source material to be particularly enjoyable. I never deemed myself a POTC fan, for instance, but I enjoyed the LEGO game. While I did not find the movie very good, I definitely will be buying the GB2016 story pack.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out who would be in the other GB pack... Rowan isnt very interesting, even by villain standards... Kevin? ... Least then you could play normal Kevin and possessed Kevin... Slimer is a no, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Brickweiser