TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Both Voldemort and Harry can fly! :oh: Here is some gameplay of them in adventure world:

So, in the game itself they have special wand pieces, but the actual minifigures are still using the same old rods they've always been using. I don't even like Harry Potter and even I see that's stupid. For as often as they make these characters I really would have assumed that by now they'd have made an actual piece.

Honestly, none of these comic-con reveals did much for me, except fool me (They used golden tickets to select winners for a contest and posted it on their twitter and for a hot second I thought this was in reference to some reveal for a Willy Wonka based pack, of course not though). Seeing a lot of these franchises getting one pack (Sonic, E.T., Goonies) really disappoints me, they could have at least done team packs. Hopefully a full list of sets leaks out before too much longer, cause honestly right now I'm kind of meh about year two.

How's Scooby-Doo in this game? Is the team pack worth getting?

yes since since Scooby Doo is the only character that can dig up certain spots.

Official Twitter says Goonies Level Pack is coming out with Wave 6 is September out of no where...

It's extremely weird we haven't seen ANYTHING including the actual figure yet it's coming out so soon.

Official Twitter says Goonies Level Pack is coming out with Wave 6 is September out of no where...

It's extremely weird we haven't seen ANYTHING including the actual figure yet it's coming out so soon.

are they sure? if that's true i will be happy plus it would make sense since the first wave we got last year included 3 level packs. but also that would mean we would get a level pack every wave if they do that. lets hope they are telling the truth. Edited by BatmanFanboy

Here is the tweet:

https://mobile.twitt...059372157276160

That is very weried. Maybe it will be store exclusivevand that's why we haven't seen it yet? But we saw Marceline and she is TRU exclusive. That is just confusing.

Edit: Arthur Parsons says that Sloth isn't part of wave six:

https://mobile.twitt...061994297753600

So propably whoever runs official Dimensions Twitter account made a mistake.

Edited by Krulis

Here is the tweet:

https://mobile.twitt...059372157276160

That is very weried. Maybe it will be store exclusivevand that's why we haven't seen it yet? But we saw Marceline and she is TRU exclusive. That is just confusing.

Edit: Arthur Parsons says that Sloth isn't part of wave six:

https://mobile.twitt...061994297753600

So propably whoever runs official Dimensions Twitter account made a mistake.

aww man.

Just listened to this http://www.thebrickf...arthur-parsons/ And they said that they have a 2 year plan... So I guess that means that there won't be any Disney until Year 4 :cry_sad:

Also they talk a lot about other news. 25+ Sonic characters in the hub world and level

No PC version planned

Main story might not be continued because they don't want to release another $80 portal pack

Arthur Parsons hoping for Magnum P.I.

Edited by Ashnflash

Just listened to this http://www.thebrickf...arthur-parsons/ And they said that they have a 2 year plan... So I guess that means that there won't be any Disney until Year 4 :cry_sad:

Also they talk a lot about other news. 25+ Sonic characters in the hub world and level

No PC version planned

Main story might not be continued because they don't want to release another $80 portal pack

Arthur Parsons hoping for Magnum P.I.

thank god Disney will not be year 3, simply because we need to get other franchises who haven't been in a toys to life video game.

Not sure if anyone has talked about it, but I love the fact that in the Sonic Level (And probably World) the rings take place of the normal studs. Also in the background of the trailer you see Normal Man or Magic Man standing in the background for a quest.

Non-English speaker here, but I understood this like he was talking about year 1+2 == 2 year plan. No?

Including Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Doctor Eggman, Chaos, Michelle. They are not physically in the Somic pack, but I guess are chooseable like the different Doctors.

JM said that at least for the LOTR level, they paid attention to create new places where the full LOTR game didn't take the player before (e.g. Minas Tirith). That makes me excited for Harry Potter, where in the main games, IMO the best part was walking around in the Hogwarts hub world.

Edited by sgeureka

With this new information, here is a list of characters who allow in-game character changes:

Confirmed:

- Doctor Who (12 Doctor incarnations)

- Peter Venkman (4 Ghostbusters of 1984)

- Abby Yates (4 Ghostbusters of 2016)

- Sloth (plus 7 Goonies)

- Sonic (25+ characters incl. Tails)

Plausible:

- B.A. Barachus (4 A-Team members, plausible based on trailer intro group shot)

- Powerpuff Girls (3 team members, plausible because, uh, logic)

- Chase McCain (plus Rex Fury, may be wishful thinking)

Edited by sgeureka

With this new information, here is a list of characters who allow in-game character changes:

Confirmed:

- Sloth (plus 7 Goonies)

They didn't say Sonic will be able to transform into 25 charcters. They said that there will be 25 charcters in level and adventure world which means that there will be there as quest givers, random npcs (like Dana in Ghostbusters world), bosses, etc. :wink:

Confirmed:

- Sloth (plus 7 Goonies)

Plausible:

- B.A. Barachus (4 A-Team members, plausible based on trailer intro group shot)

- Powerpuff Girls (3 team members, plausible because, uh, logic)

- Chase McCain (plus Rex Fury, may be wishful thinking)

actually abby can also change into Kevin. So there are five 2016 Ghostbusters even though i hate the movie

actually abby can also change into Kevin. So there are five 2016 Ghostbusters even though i hate the movie

Nope, in one of the more recent interviews they confirmed that Abby can change only into other three (Patty, Holtzman an Erin). They propably did a mistake during e3.

Besides Kevin never did any ghostbusting in the movie. After he made his own suit he got instantly possesed and later (when free from control) ate a sandwich. He wouldn't make sense to be transformation.

Nope, in one of the more recent interviews they confirmed that Abby can change only into other three (Patty, Holtzman an Erin). They propably did a mistake during e3.

Besides Kevin never did any ghostbusting in the movie. After he made his own suit he got instantly possesed and later (when free from control) ate a sandwich. He wouldn't make sense to be transformation.

oh ok

They didn't say Sonic will be able to transform into 25 charcters. They said that there will be 25 charcters in level and adventure world which means that there will be there as quest givers, random npcs (like Dana in Ghostbusters world), bosses, etc. :wink:

I see. His talking of "in the pack" threw me off, because in my mind, the pack is physical and playable (incl. transformations), and NPCs are virtual and part of the software and therefore not part of The PackTM. But the 25+ characters should have been a hint for me.

For the interested, here is the full dialog (http://www.thebrickf...arthur-parsons/):

Q: Some people are wondering if Sonic does well, do you guys plan to maybe expand to other Sonic characters in the franchise?

JM: It's not something we have on the radar at the moment, but there are other Sonic characters in that pack. Tails is in that pack. Knuckles is in that pack. Amy is in that pack. Obviously Doctor Eggman is there. We have Chaos, Michelle. There are a number of characters in there. I think we have like 26 or something like that? 25+ characters from the Sonic universe. Cause the hub world, the adventure world that Sonic brings with him, has loads of quests on it. And those quests are given to you by characters from the Sonic universe. So there are some surprises there as well, but yeah, we have a number. We're not doing a new pack per se yet, but maybe we will in the future. I don't know.

Edited by sgeureka

Guys you know Disney Franchises could be planned in the 2 year plan? Just because they said they have a 2 year plan doesn't mean they didn't think of adding Disney franchises. Don't come to conclusion until we see Disney not confirmed. Also Warner Bros is talking to Disney about including it's franchises in LEGO Dimensions. Has everyone forgotten that?

Edited by Ordinareo

Guys you know Disney Franchises could be planned in the 2 year plan? Just because they said they have a 2 year plan doesn't mean they didn't think of adding Disney franchises. Don't come to conclusion until we see Disney it confirmed. Also Warner Bros is talking to Disney about including it's franchises in LEGO Dimensions. Has everyone forgotten that?

I kinda hope Star Wars and Marvel never come to Lego Dimensions. i think Lego should keep doing properties that haven't been in Lego or Toys to life video games. does Lego Dimensions really need Star Wars and Marvel? I really don't think so.